NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore missing

+3
nicko
Original Quill
eddie
7 posters

Go down

AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore missing Empty AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore missing

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:24 am

An AirAsia flight travelling from Indonesia to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control with 162 people on board.
Flight QZ8501 lost contact at 07:24 (23:24 GMT), Malaysia-based AirAsia tweeted.
Search and rescue operations are under way.
Malaysia's national carrier Malaysia Airlines has suffered two disasters this year - flights MH370 and MH17 - but AirAsia has never lost a plane.
Flight MH370 disappeared on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March with 239 passengers and crew, and MH17 was shot down over Ukraine in July, killing all 298 on board.
The AirAsia flight had been due to arrive in Singapore at 08:30 (00:30GMT).
The missing jet had requested a "deviation" from the flight path due to bad weather, the company said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30614627

Back to top Go down

AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore missing Empty Re: AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore missing

Post by eddie Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:15 am

And people still think these are still coincidences??? Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore missing Empty Re: AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore missing

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Not a bad record, but Air Asia has only been in existence for about 10-years. Not enough time to give us a good track record.

The interesting thing about this disappearance is that it just **blip** disappeared.  It happened around 35,000 ft. more-or-less.  Usually there are radar hits as the aircraft, or at least debris (if a mid-air collision), falls to the earth.  It doesn't just vanish.

But this one did, leaving experts baffled.  I suppose the answer is some weather anomaly or other common interference, but it would be interesting to find out.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:17 am

eddie wrote:And people still think these are still coincidences??? Rolling Eyes

I just go back to the most important question, who would benefit from orchestrating these things?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:34 am

ITV NEWS,debris has been spotted in sea around where aircraft was presumed missing.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:16 pm

But...this morning they expanded the search area. Not a good sign as these things go.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:43 pm

It's now been discounted.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:32 pm

I hope they find it. We don't need another Malaysia MH 370.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:43 am

I am not sure they will find it.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:51 pm

They found it in 100-ft. of water, in the Java Sea.  It went down just 4-5 miles away from its last call-in. From the air, they say is looks to be intact and not broken up.

No clue as to the cause of failure.  They have around 27-days to recover and analyze the so-called black boxes. They look to be on the verge of solving this one.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:36 am

Still...something is fishy about MH-370. Funny turns, radar out, communications out, locater silenced, headed for a biiiiiiiggggg ocean, where nothing can be found, and indeed no black-boxes ever found.

I gotta bad feeling about that mission.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:43 am

those poor poor people......I hope they weren't afraid for long or suffered too much.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:23 am

Cass wrote:those poor poor people......I hope they weren't afraid for long or suffered too much.

Me too. I hate to imagine what people must experience in situations like that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:48 am

Must have been a terrifying experience. Condolences to all the family and friends of those who died.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Question

WHY is this Asian news story hiding away in the U.K. and Ireland section ~ instead of 'Asia' ???

scratch

I wondered that myself. Tho' it's ok. I guess the UK and the US sections are home base for chat of general concern. I'm as comfortable with either.

You Oz guys are at least associated with the British Commonwealth. Or does it bother you?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:54 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
eddie wrote:
And people still think these are still coincidences??? Rolling Eyes

Exclamation

YES, of course they are....

ONLY YOU keep on pushing your whacky conspiracy theories on here, day in and day out, eddie !!!

HOW do you possibly connect one airline's plane shot down over the Ukraine with another airline's plane crashing during bad weather ?

SIMPLY because they came from the same country, really now !      Suspect

P.S. They found the first wreckage from the plane MORE than 12 hours before your last post on here !  

lol!

Oh shut up know it all Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down