NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do we want to add a new moderator?

+8
Raggamuffin
SEXY MAMA
Irn Bru
eddie
Eilzel
nicko
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Do we want to add a new moderator? - Page 3 Empty Do we want to add a new moderator?

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:14 am

First topic message reminder :

There's been talk of adding a new one, and now we're actually down one because Lurker has asked to become a regular member. So, Korben had the idea that we could nominate new admins here; let's say that it ends 72 hours from now, and of course you can only nominate one person. If you've been nominated but want to take yourself out of consideration, make a note of it in this thread.

At the end of the nomination period, the admin team will pick another admin. I was going to make that a democratic vote but decided that we have to make sure we're giving that much power to someone the admin team trusts as well.

So, here we go Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Do we want to add a new moderator? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we want to add a new moderator?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 am

Phildidge wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:
I find that a positive rather than a negative

Not really, reaction time is slower, thought process muddled, forgetting where points have already been raised etc, hence why most drugs will affect a posters normal actions.
All debatable

Back to top Go down

Do we want to add a new moderator? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do we want to add a new moderator?

Post by eddie Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

No offence fluffy but you're not here a lot and I wouldn't choose you based on the absolute slaughterhouse you and Raggs make of each other and your posts on BF!!! Shocked 
And you're stoned quite often but you do have a nice bum  lol! 

I think you needed a comma in there somewhere. You made it sound as if I post on Bitchfest.  Laughing 

Apologies Raggs.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

How do you know I haven't already  lol! 

I haven't got a hope of being made mod because although i'm genuinely impartial and I have the time to do it  people here don't know me well enough and wouldn't want me as Mod.

I would therefore give my vote to Sassy.

Oh do stop attention seeking and stirring.

I'm not.Based on the people who seems sensible my vote is for Sassy or BigAndy (although I don't like his politics)

That's not 'shit stirring',its my opinion.Am I allowed an opinion?
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:11 am

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I have said why Eddie.   There isn't a need.   I know it was very upsetting for you, but it was dealt with in under an hour.   We already have mods through the night because of the time zones.    Can you think of any other forum where something at that time of the morning is dealt with in under an hour?    This has been whipped up into a frenzy and made Ben feel bad, when he has no need to feel bad.

Yes you've said there's no need but you haven't said WHY there's no need?

Are any of the mods we've got now very active? No

Aren't you one of the people who complains about "gangs"?
Don't you want gang mentality to stop?

Well appoint a mod who will make it stop then!

See the people who are always complaining about the forum are the very ones frightened of change!

Don't appoint a mod then, whatever. But when Phil attacks again - and he will - and there's no one on, then we shall see.

I have said why twice Eddie, 40 minutes is very quick to deal with it, on some forums it would be hours. It was dealt with quickly and efficiently and that's why I don't think we have a need for one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:12 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm not.Based on the people who seems sensible my vote is for Sassy or BigAndy (although I don't like his politics)

Sassy and cass where up when all this happened (as was i but didn`t see it as was working on something else ) so ether seem the logical choice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:14 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Thanks Fluffy, but it would cause uproar if it was me, I'm in and out of hospital and have to go up to Dad where there is no computer and wouldn't want to do it, because I never want to be in that position again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:15 am

Korben_Dallas wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Sassy and cass where up when all this happened (as was i but didn`t see it as was working on something else ) so ether seem the logical choice

Jeez, you really think I want all that abuse again KD, not a chance  Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:18 am

Sassy wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Thanks Fluffy, but it would cause uproar if it was me, I'm in and out of hospital and have to go up to Dad where there is no computer and wouldn't want to do it, because I never want to be in that position again.  

Ah,ok. Fair enough.  Smile 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:54 am

Actually, thinking about it, I don't think we need a Mod for during the night time as usually there is Ben and Veya available online.

However, there are usually no mods available during UK day time, when both Ben and Veya would be in bed presumably. And as attacks can happen at any time, I think it would make sense to appoint a Moderator, who is going to be online during the day, UK time.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:As I said

We just need the ALREADY stated mods to do their jobs more effectively............

No need for anymore.

Yeah Ben and me both have paid jobs that aren't this  Rolling Eyes  and we need to sleep  Sleep 
and we don't live in your country so the over lap is different

You are all normally asleep when I'm on and I will be going to bed soon Neutral 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:59 am

Christie wrote:Actually, thinking about it, I don't think we need a Mod for during the night time as usually there is Ben and Veya available online.

However, there are usually no mods available during UK day time, when both Ben and Veya would be in bed presumably. And as attacks can happen at any time, I think it would make sense to appoint a Moderator, who is going to be online during the day, UK time.

+1
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:22 am

With this talk of new Mods, I think IF that were to happen, perhaps it's would be better someone only Ben knew from another forum rather than someone from here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:58 am

Sassy wrote:
Phildidge wrote:

Its not abusive, its called constructive criticism, which many people can take of course unless they are immature

No, it's abusive and condescending and argumentative and guaranteed to put anyone's back up, on purpose, while trying to make yourself look like a goody two shoes.   Anyone with a brain can see that.

...yes, just a trifle far too hard with the neutral, goody two shoes Sass,  Laughing .... but my opinion of Didge really changed for the worse when he told bare faced lies about me sending him PM's....he has never been someone who I've PM'd and never will be.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Joy Division wrote:With this talk of new Mods, I think IF that were to happen, perhaps it's would be better someone only Ben knew from another forum rather than someone from here?

Not a bad idea irn old chap!

It'll save on the paranoia and worry but a couple here don't think any new mods are needed!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:03 pm

For real here...I think this is a bad idea about someone from here being a moderator , it will cause animosity either way, I really think it should be someone Ben knows from elsewhere , even if it is someone else in the US, who may be a night owl!

Last edited by Joy Division on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:05 pm

eddie wrote:
Joy Division wrote:With this talk of new Mods, I think IF that were to happen, perhaps it's would be better someone only Ben knew from another forum rather than someone from here?

It'll save on the paranoia and worry but a couple here don't think any new  mods are needed!

It's me Eddie ....hiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:13 pm

I note a couple of people have suggested me. I appreciate the vote of confidence but can I please make it clear I am am not interested so please do not consider me.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:30 pm

Joy Division wrote:
eddie wrote:

It'll save on the paranoia and worry but a couple here don't think any new  mods are needed!

It's me Eddie ....hiya

Lol sorry jd

It's got to be someone for the daytime though
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:43 pm

eddie wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

It's me Eddie ....hiya

Lol sorry jd

It's got to be someone for the daytime though

Laughing 

That's ok Eds

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Sassy wrote:

No, it's abusive and condescending and argumentative and guaranteed to put anyone's back up, on purpose, while trying to make yourself look like a goody two shoes.   Anyone with a brain can see that.

...yes, just a trifle far too hard with the neutral, goody two shoes Sass,  Laughing .... but my opinion of Didge really changed for the worse when he told bare faced lies about me sending him PM's....he has never been someone who I've PM'd and never will be.

Not really concerned about your opinion of me Joy, that fell flat when you did lie. Not concerned with your excuses anymore and hence why your complaint to Ben fell as flat as a pancake, anyway, some of us are trying to move on, I suggest you do the same whether you like me or not, because this is place is and Ben is more important than anything else.

As to this discussion on a moderator, it is obvious during the day at least one or two is needed when there is a clear gap for moderators being around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:30 pm

I don't think a new mod is needed really, and it shouldn't be anyone from here if there is a new one. The PMs will never stop!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:37 pm

Phildidge wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Not really concerned about your opinion of me Joy, that fell flat when you did lie. Not concerned with your excuses anymore and hence why your complaint to Ben fell as flat as a pancake, anyway, some of us are trying to move on, I suggest you do the same whether you like me or not, because this is place is and Ben is more important than anything else.

As to this discussion on a moderator, it is obvious during the day at least one or two is needed when there is a clear gap for moderators being around.

Like I said Didge, I lost some of the respect I had for you when you lied about me sending you PM's...the insults and stuff I can take Didge, as many of us exchange them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think a new mod is needed really, and it shouldn't be anyone from here if there is a new one. The PMs will never stop!

Well there's something I agree with you about Rags!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Phildidge wrote:

Like I said Didge, I lost some of the respect I had for you when you lied about me sending you PM's...the insults and stuff I can take Didge, as many of us exchange them.

Joy we both know you PM me, so lets cut with all the nonsense, which does not matter now, as people need to move on, this was proved to you when your complaint fell flat, so like I said I suggest you move on, because at the end of the day you more than any needs to build bridges with people, so I am only trying to help you out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:51 pm

[img]Do we want to add a new moderator? - Page 3 Brush_girl_angry_gif[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:59 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:As I said

We just need the ALREADY stated mods to do their jobs more effectively............

No need for anymore.

Yeah Ben and me both have paid jobs that aren't this  Rolling Eyes  and we need to sleep  Sleep 
and we don't live in your country so the over lap is different

You are all normally asleep when I'm on and I will be going to bed soon Neutral 

I never said otherwise Veya!

Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:19 pm

Phildidge wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Joy we both know you PM me, so lets cut with all the nonsense, which does not matter now, as people need to move on, this was proved to you when your complaint fell flat, so like I said I suggest you move on, because at the end of the day you more than any needs to build bridges with people, so I am only trying to help you out!

I rarely complain Didge, but you were in one of your more severe abusive states and I told you at the time I done so also for your good, but how does my complaint falling  flat ( this does not detract from the fact you were highly abusive) have anything to do with these supposed PM's ?(which you have never proven...oh, you deleted your account with all the supposed PM's there  Rolling Eyes )

The only thing that was proved were the lies you told , for which you have never had a stitch of evidence and that's because I never sent you any such PM's.

You never had any PM's from me of that nature from the start and you still don't now.

I told you Didge, I see you differently now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Phildidge wrote:

I rarely complain Didge, but you were in one of your more severe abusive states and I told you at the time I done so also for your good, but how does my complaint falling  flat ( this does not detract from the fact you were highly abusive) have anything to do with these supposed PM's ?(which you have never proven...oh, you deleted your account with all the supposed PM's there  Rolling Eyes )

The only thing that was proved were the lies you told , for which you have never had a stitch of evidence and that's because I never sent you any such PM's.

You never had any PM's from me of that nature from the start and you still don't now.

I told you Didge, I see you differently now.

You see you cannot move on and I was not abusive at all, you see you keep telling porkies, because even after you complained nothing happened, in fact because as seen I was not abusive, showing how you always poorly try to deceive. The reality is the more you keep saying you never sent them, shows to me what an individual you are Joy, which others note as well, most decent people would have manned up, but as seen you are also incapable on doing so and moving on. You clearly moaned to me about how you had heard and see Eddie had been defending racists in your view as if she was one as well as other bullshit you said, those were your words and that you had been informed from inaflap, this all happened when I fell outwith Eddie and where you also jumped in, saying exactly the same on the threads, you being the only one backing me and hence why I stupidily thought there was some truth to this, so the evidence is all there, just your poor ability to admit, as why did you back me on these points Joy, if you had not sent me these PM's. You see it is easy to expose, I have given you ample opportunity to admit and still you refuse to do so.

Your loss not mine and I care little how you see me, I never really cared before actually, so no loss on my account Joy, but for the sake of the forum, I suggest you learn some grace and move on

Anyway this has been dragged out to death, so I am going to leave it as it is pointless with you.

Ciao

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Right.When do I start.

(Sorry,i'm in a silly mood today  lol! )
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Remove everyones pm facility, stop allowing automatic registration and only register new members when Admin is on line for a few hours. That'll do it.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:07 pm

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:45 pm

What about eddie?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:What about eddie?

Why not?

I could imagine yourself and eddie having a great working relationship, you already rub along very well together, if you don't mind me saying. Would make a cute couple actually  Embarassed 

::D::  

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:15 pm

As a newbie I never realised you knew Ben and Eddie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Joy Division wrote:As a newbie I never realised you knew Ben and Eddie!

Of course I don't. I'm going by what I see on here and I like what I see, ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:24 pm

Good choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:27 pm

Do we want to add a new moderator? - Page 3 Booyak10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:45 pm

Christie wrote:
Joy Division wrote:As a newbie I never realised you knew Ben and Eddie!

Of course I don't. I'm going by what I see on here and I like what I see, ok.

Laughing 

Ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi Ben! No problems with Eddie unless her manifesto includes Do we want to add a new moderator? - Page 3 No_smi10 Do we want to add a new moderator? - Page 3 Cracki18 x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:08 pm

May I nominate nicko (if he wants to moderate) and fluffybunny. Both seem like levelheaded people who are well-liked, and neither of them tend to get personal with others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:25 pm

lovedust wrote:May I nominate nicko (if he  wants to moderate) and fluffybunny. Both seem like levelheaded people who are well-liked, and neither of them tend to get personal with others.

Have you missed all the posts between Fluffy and Rags LD?!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:26 pm

feelthelove wrote:

Hi Ben! No problems with Eddie unless her manifesto includes Do we want to add a new moderator? - Page 3 No_smi10 Do we want to add a new moderator? - Page 3 Cracki18 x

Bribe her with cookies and whisky

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Nems wrote:
lovedust wrote:May I nominate nicko (if he  wants to moderate) and fluffybunny. Both seem like levelheaded people who are well-liked, and neither of them tend to get personal with others.

Have you missed all the posts between Fluffy and Rags LD?!  lol! 

Hahaha!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Nems wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

And really, it only has to be cheap whiskey.  cheers 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Nems wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Message received and understood Do we want to add a new moderator? - Page 3 Spy10  geek  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Christie wrote:

Why not?

I could imagine yourself and eddie having a great working relationship, you already rub along very well together, if you don't mind me saying. Would make a cute couple actually  Embarassed 

::D::  

Shocked 

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:32 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

And really, it only has to be cheap whiskey.  cheers 

This is true

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:33 pm

I don't know how much Ben is paying others for moderating or what he's offering anyone for this new position but he started me off on £75k pa.

Oh gosh - maybe I shouldn't have said that  What a Face  

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:34 pm

[quote="Irn Bru"]I don't know how much Ben is paying others for moderating or what he's offering anyone for this new position but he started me off on £75k pa.

[/quoute]

Ooohhhhhh

Too late now Irn...,,,
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Irn Bru wrote:I don't know how much Ben is paying others for moderating or what he's offering anyone for this new position but he started me off on £75k pa.

You have to pay for the talent you're looking to attract! In eddie's case, cheap cookies and cheap whisky ...

::d&f:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next