NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New moderator sought -- Americans need not apply

3 posters

Go down

New moderator sought -- Americans need not apply Empty New moderator sought -- Americans need not apply

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Or at least, no Americans who sleep during American night and rise during American day need apply ...

Our newest member, Catman, brought up an issue in another thread that I think we should go ahead and address. We have two American moderators, but five of our most active members aren't Americans.

So ... to provide some mod power when the Earth casts its shadow over the U.S. and to give a little non-U.S. balance to the moderator team, I'm asking for volunteers. Actually, I'm begging. PLEASE.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

New moderator sought -- Americans need not apply Empty Re: New moderator sought -- Americans need not apply

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:52 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Or at least, no Americans who sleep during American night and rise during American day need apply ...

Our newest member, Catman, brought up an issue in another thread that I think we should go ahead and address. We have two American moderators, but five of our most active members aren't Americans.

So ... to provide some mod power when the Earth casts its shadow over the U.S. and to give a little non-U.S. balance to the moderator team, I'm asking for volunteers. Actually, I'm begging. PLEASE.

I've modded on another site in the past and would be happy to offer my services but i've only just joined so think that the members that have been here the longest should be offered first refusal Smile

Back to top Go down

New moderator sought -- Americans need not apply Empty Re: New moderator sought -- Americans need not apply

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:43 pm

I am willing but have no idea what is required Embarassed

I mainly do this from work so if it needs dedication I'm not your man No but most days i keep an eye on whats going on
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:56 pm

veya_victaous wrote:I am willing but have no idea what is required Embarassed

I mainly do this from work so if it needs dedication I'm not your man No but most days i keep an eye on whats going on

Unless the site was opened up to guests i can see no need for moderation at all..I'm not sure if Forumotion allow guest posting i think that you have to pay for the domain before you can allow guest posting but i'm not really sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 am

Well, to be honest we've needed very little moderation thus far. There was that one day that Lurker and I caught a couple of spammers, but they/he/it seems to have given up.

Maybe we should make it a cage match between Veya and Catman -- two men enter but only one man leaves?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Well, to be honest we've needed very little moderation thus far. There was that one day that Lurker and I caught a couple of spammers, but they/he/it seems to have given up.

Maybe we should make it a cage match between Veya and Catman -- two men enter but only one man leaves?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:53 pm

by the way, the search is over as Veya has graciously accepted. Thanks, man!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Welcome, Veya.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Well done Veya!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down