NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

+8
gerber
Raggamuffin
nicko
Andy
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
Cass
Irn Bru
12 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 2 Empty NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a competition being run by the Telegraph. I’ve paid the entry fee and we’re in. Team name is NEWSFIX FORUM and here is the provisional team selection but it needs to be changed before KO tomorrow so any ideas?

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 2 Image011

Link here for full list of players and their value. Can't go above £50 Million.

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/worldcup/select-team

Coaching staff members are;

Irn Bru – Chief Executive
Ben – Manager
Trainer - JD
Physio - Les
Media Relations – Didge (temporarily co-opted as a LW)

Now it’s up to the RWs to get their own team for a take on– if they can afford to pay for it and have the ability to even organise one that is

Team positions and player rankings will be updated daily by the Telegraph
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 2 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:20 am

Cass wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:3-1 final, I predicted the exact result but by no means how it would be achieved; if I were Croatia I'd feel rather shat upon by some of the refereeing.

quite. ref was rubbish....but what do I know I'm just a girl......sniff

You know despite your girlhood Smile One of the ESPN commentators was saying that calls like that get you thrown into a dark closet, World Cup-wise ...

And it wasn't even just the penalty, there were a lot of bad calls and non-calls that went Brazil's way. And lest anybody say I'm biased, I was supporting Brazil the whole way -- as I will support any New World team over any moldy Old World team Smile

Which means, tomorrow I'm supporting Mexico over Cameroon (obvio), and don't know who to support in Netherlands-Spain and Chile-Australia -- I mean, I wish the Sockeroos all the best, but shit bro ...  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 2 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:23 am

Aha, so the ITV player did break then.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Wave-compaints-ITV-player-hits-problems-World-Cup/story-21228317-detail/story.html
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:17 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Aha, so the ITV player did break then.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Wave-compaints-ITV-player-hits-problems-World-Cup/story-21228317-detail/story.html

Well ,although I was out of the room most of second half, I can't remember the offty cutting out Rags, but I was a wee bit busy during the second half anyway....

Are you sure you never just ran out of 50p pieces for the telly? Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:23 am

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Aha, so the ITV player did break then.

Well ,although I was out of the room most of second half, I can't remember the offty cutting out Rags, but I was a wee bit busy during the second half anyway....

It's in the Daily Mail too, so it must be true.  Laughing 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2656752/ITV-studio-pelted-rocks-football-fans-Brazil-iPlayer-suffers-unprecedented-technical-problems-World-Cup-opener.html
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:24 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2656752/ITV-studio-pelted-rocks-football-fans-Brazil-iPlayer-suffers-unprecedented-technical-problems-World-Cup-opener.html

..how long was this loss of transmission for Rags?

..oh yea,,,it's in the mail it's Gospel!!!! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:29 am

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Pretty much the whole of the second half. I stopped trying in the end of course.

I hope the England match doesn't break!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:33 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Pretty much the whole of the second half. I stopped trying in the end of course.

That would be a bit of a buggar Rags, it could be on the BBC?, last year them and ITV took turns broadcasting the matches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:38 am

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That would be a bit of a buggar Rags, it could be on the BBC?, last year them and ITV took turns broadcasting the matches.

Yes, that would be good. No adverts either!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:42 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Yes, that would be good. No adverts either!

Yeah, ITV. Are terrible for that Rags, there's about five ad breaks before The match even begins...and now talk of quick commercial ads while subs are coming onto the pitch  What a Face

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Cass Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

quite. ref was rubbish....but what do I know I'm just a girl......sniff

You know despite your girlhood Smile One of the ESPN commentators was saying that calls like that get you thrown into a dark closet, World Cup-wise ...

And it wasn't even just the penalty, there were a lot of bad calls and non-calls that went Brazil's way. And lest anybody say I'm biased, I was supporting Brazil the whole way -- as I will support any New World team over any moldy Old World team Smile

Which means, tomorrow I'm supporting Mexico over Cameroon (obvio), and don't know who to support in Netherlands-Spain and Chile-Australia -- I mean, I wish the Sockeroos all the best, but shit bro ...  ::D:: 

would love to see Cameroon kick Butt....but alas

Spain and Chile
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:04 pm

Come on Cameroon!!!!!!!! cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:15 pm

I was impressed with Oscar last night so I dived into the transfer market this morning and signed him up for our team. Dumped the Belgian guy Hazard.

Good bit of business there I think.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:51 pm

Irn Bru wrote:I was impressed with Oscar last night so I dived into the transfer market this morning and signed him up for our team. Dumped the Belgian guy Hazard.

Good bit of business there I think.

I was actuall looking at him for our teams too Irn, but opted for like the calibre of Samaras instead  Laughing 

I might still change a player or two..I dont fully understand the rules and end objective anyway...points tallying and stuff!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Eilzel wrote:JD I can't promise I wont be doing a fair bit of ogling myself mate Razz haha

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 2 Naught10

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Maybe not the Total Football of the 70s but pretty damned good.  cheers
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Anybody watching these amazing events unfolding in Spain v. Netherlands????
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:58 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Anybody watching these amazing events unfolding in Spain v. Netherlands????

'The night of the 'Robins'.

That was a masterclass from the pair of them - they were just fantastic. RVP's header was absolutely brilliant and if that left foot volley from Robbin had gone in near the end it would have been the goal of the competition because I honestly could not see that being equaled.

Spain just fell apart in the second half and it really could have been about 8 or 9.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:59 pm

5-1 a Holland man!!, what  a cricket score!!,only watched bits of it, but as Spain were severely outclassed!, should still qualify from there group though..unless Chile are nippier than we think!  Laughing

The Dutch had everything tonight and the finishing was amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:29 am

well thank YOU Spain - not.

I will never eat tapas again.......ok I lie but STILL! The Netherlands were amazing.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:17 am

Ladies and gentlemen... Your predictions for England v Italy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Ahh... I predict a 1-nil win for Italy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:55 pm

2~1 to the boys.  cheers
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Funny, I was also thinking 2-1 England, particularly if the field's still a little damp Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:2~1 to the boys.  cheers

Which boys?

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:10 pm

"EN~GER~LAND  EN~GER~LAND  EN~GER~LAND"  Razz
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:16 pm

lovedust wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen... Your predictions for England v Italy?

I think the Italians habe the more experience here, with that touch of class about them too, seasoned guys like Pirlo may not have the legs anymore,mbut the touch is still there in abundance, I also heard one if the presenters say this and I would definitely have to agree, but take nothing away form England , they have quality in Rooney, a great keeper in Fraser Forster, I think Hary Cahill on his best day is very good defender...

I really do to think Frank Lamoard is even near world class, amd I'm just not sure about Lambert, and if Wellbeck plays well then Rooney should also have a good game..

I guess this can go either way, but I'm going to go for an Italian win, hopefully for England I'll be proved wrong.

2-0 or 2-1 for Italy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Diego Forlan for Uruguay is still a real classy player packed with skills and even in his mid thirties will still prove a danger.

I see him doing well tonight against Costa Rica.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:44 pm

3-1 Italy.

also wins for Uruguay and Ivory Coast
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Cor blimey... apparently England haven't had a clean-sheet World Cup win since 1990.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:44 pm

It will be a tight match and I would predict a 1-1 draw. They both want to win of course but they'll be happy enough not to lose.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:41 am

And if the score stays the same, JD is on course to win his first Newsfix World Cup Cap for the correct prediction of the score of a game involving a Newsfix Home Nation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:48 am

2-1 against England at the mo, and it's back to a boring match again! Real let down after the Uruguay/Costa Rica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:55 am

They lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:01 am

It was like England were struggling to get into a rhythm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:03 am

I'd shorten that lol. It was like England were struggling full stop!

In fact, it's like England always seem to be struggling.

Have a bet on with OH that it will be a Latin American team that wins, he thinks it might be Belgium.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:05 am

lovedust wrote:And if the score stays the same, JD is on course to win his first Newsfix World Cup Cap for the correct prediction of the score of a game involving a Newsfix Home Nation.

cheers Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:11 am

Joy Division wrote:
lovedust wrote:And if the score stays the same, JD is on course to win his first Newsfix World Cup Cap for the correct prediction of the score of a game involving a Newsfix Home Nation.

cheers Laughing 

Don't celebrate JD, it didn't lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:11 am

well that sucked. can someone remind me why rooney is there?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:14 am

gigi buffon wins for best name Cool

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:16 am

Yay, well done JD...

Right, that's enough excitement for one evening (zzz).

Goodnight! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:18 am

Cass wrote:well that sucked. can someone remind me why rooney is there?

To remind other teams not to have men who play like him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:22 am

lovedust wrote:
Yay, well done JD...

Right, that's enough excitement for one evening (zzz).

Goodnight! x

Laughing 

Hey thanks LD, nighty night! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:25 am

Sassy wrote:
Cass wrote:well that sucked. can someone remind me why rooney is there?

quite. 3 world cups and that assist tonight is the first decent thing he has done.

ah well.....more beer and another game.

night LD X
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:28 am

Cass wrote:
Sassy wrote:

quite. 3 world cups and that assist tonight is the first decent thing he has done.

night LD X

And night LD from me too. xx

I guess Cass, if it's an exciting game we want, don't watch England!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:33 am

Sassy wrote:
Cass wrote:

night LD X

lol....they didn't even TRY in the second half...

I try to support them in spite of Mr. C but they have to give something in return.

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:59 am

Cass wrote:
Sassy wrote:

lol....they didn't even TRY in the second half...

I try to support them in spite of Mr. C but they have to give something in return.

They were totally useless and after the other game tonight, a complete let-down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:49 am

I thought England played some of the best fundamental soccer I've seen thus far in the Cup. They had, of course, the misfortune of playing an Italian team that was also quite good on that measure.

But England shouldn't be ashamed of their effort, compare it to Brazil's effort in its 3-1 win in the opener. I'd say if England was matched against Brazil and each was playing as it played in their respective first games, England could have come away with it. They could have kicked the ever-loving shit out of Spain in the same comparison.

Call it boring, but I appreciate a team that shows excellent fundamentals. It might not be flashy but it's pretty in its own way ... no reason to hang their heads.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:04 pm

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! cyclops Wink Cool Suspect Laughing 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:11 pm

What's the HOLY SHIT for?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next