NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

+8
gerber
Raggamuffin
nicko
Andy
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
Cass
Irn Bru
12 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition Empty NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am

This is a competition being run by the Telegraph. I’ve paid the entry fee and we’re in. Team name is NEWSFIX FORUM and here is the provisional team selection but it needs to be changed before KO tomorrow so any ideas?

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition Image011

Link here for full list of players and their value. Can't go above £50 Million.

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/worldcup/select-team

Coaching staff members are;

Irn Bru – Chief Executive
Ben – Manager
Trainer - JD
Physio - Les
Media Relations – Didge (temporarily co-opted as a LW)

Now it’s up to the RWs to get their own team for a take on– if they can afford to pay for it and have the ability to even organise one that is

Team positions and player rankings will be updated daily by the Telegraph
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:37 am

Irn Bru wrote:This is a competition being run by the Telegraph. I’ve paid the entry fee and we’re in. Team name is NEWSFIX FORUM and here is the provisional team selection but it needs to be changed before KO tomorrow so any ideas?

Ben – Manager
Trainer - JD
Physio  - Les

Now it’s up to the RWs to get their own team for a take on– if they can afford to pay for it and have the ability to even organise one that is

I think the sun does it for free Irn, not sure.
Any idea?

Media relations?

lol! 

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:38 am

That was mighty guid 'o ya Irn!!Smile

I've never put on a fantasty team Irn, does the value of the player have to be withing a set amount ?

Nice one Irn,Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:41 am

I think I've got ya Irn,,that's not their true value is it?..i would have picked Franck Ribery, but I think he's injured

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:42 am

Didge wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:This is a competition being run by the Telegraph. I’ve paid the entry fee and we’re in. Team name is NEWSFIX FORUM and here is the provisional team selection but it needs to be changed before KO tomorrow so any ideas?

Ben – Manager
Trainer - JD
Physio  - Les

Any idea?

Media relations?

lol! 

They do but this is the best one. And the Sun is a no no when it comes to football - at least for me and thousands of other football fans.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:43 am

Joy Division wrote:I think I've got ya Irn,,that's not their true value is it?..i would have picked  Franck Ribery, but I think he's injured

He's out injured right enough. See what you think and I'll be back later.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:44 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Didge wrote:

Any idea?

Media relations?

lol! 

They do but this is the best one. And the Sun is a no no when it comes to football - at least for me and thousands of other football fans.

Was just thinking if people did not want to pay Irn, they could still pick their teams and the calculations could still be done the same, just a suggestion really.

Good idea though, may put one forward but like the role you gave me

::D::

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:37 pm

I think defenders are a little weak....midfield could be pumped up but Yay for Messi!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:26 am

Some great choices in there Irn, especially loving my David Silva being in Smile ; loving my position in the coaching staff by the way, I always feel I missed my true calling there  Cool Razz 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:42 am

Looks like you put together a nice squad for us, boss. Just hoping we can go out there and do our best.

Oh, and DOWN WITH GHANA!!!!!!!!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:48 am

Eilzel wrote:Some great choices in there Irn, especially loving my David Silva being in Smile ; loving my position in the coaching staff by the way, I always feel I missed my true calling there  Cool Razz 

Silva? hmmmmm we'll see....x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:11 am

Brazil v Croatia manana! ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:19 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Brazil v Croatia manana! ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???

SIM!!!!!!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:58 am

Anyone suggest any changes in the line up?

Check the link in the OP to see a list of all the players but remember we can't go above £50 million.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:01 am

Eilzel wrote:Some great choices in there Irn, especially loving my David Silva being in Smile ; loving my position in the coaching staff by the way, I always feel I missed my true calling there  Cool Razz 

Indeed Les, I'm sure you have.

And it's time to get the players in for a rub down to get those muscles toned up because this is a long tournament.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:01 am

Few years ago I would have loved to have helped, nowdays I haven't a clue, so any 'help' I give would probably get us thrown out at the first hurdle, but it will certainly give me some more interest in the World Cup Irn lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:08 am

I think Croatia will get well and truly gubbed tonight. Scotland beat them home and away in the qualifiers but as usual we got robbed in some of the other games due to dodgy decisions by some referee's.

Rolling Eyes 

Same old story - we wiz robbed and those samba dancing Brazillian girls would have loved the Scots lads..
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:31 am

Bit surprised you haven't got Kaka or Bumbandit as the team's political attaché!
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:46 am

Can't resist snide comments can you Handy. Look to your own faults!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:08 am

Hey Irn, as I said I've never done a FFT before...

Someone here players I know nothing about or even heard of, but quite a few of the ones I know cost more!,

Are we looking to switch a few players if your choice,or are we looking to create another team entirely as well as your squad ?

I see a couple  of decent Celtic players in there  ::troll::

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:37 am

nicko wrote:Can't resist snide comments can you Handy. Look to your own faults!!

Razz 
A rw'er telling a LW'er he has faults!!
 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
In any case, Stenchy Bumbandit is rank racist South African, who ran away from his own country after apartheid ended.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:48 am

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition Currentxi

I've done a team for us too Irn, which you'll probably laugh at!! Laughing 

For the £50 million limit for the entire team it's tricky!

But I've focused more on a solid midfield and spent a bit less upfront!

Hope you can see the team if I've done it right here?!!was only £3 and I've named it team Newsfix 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:50 am

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition Currentxi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:52 am

Sorry, not meaning to spam, just trying to show you the team...
Don't think it shows it properly.

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition Image012

Exact same staff of course!!

Me, Irn, Ben , Les , Didge!!

Last edited by Joy Division on Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:44 pm

and what's wrong with having a woman on the coaching staff????????

I DO KNOW THE OFFSIDE RULE.

sexist pigs.....pfft
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Cass wrote:and what's wrong with having a woman on the coaching staff????????

sexist pigs.....pfft

Perhaps for a womens team that would be fine Cass, you would be too busy ogling all the men's legs and bums!! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Cass wrote:and what's wrong with having a woman on the coaching staff????????

sexist pigs.....pfft

Perhaps for a womens team that would be fine Cass, you would be too busy ogling all the men's legs and bums!! Laughing 

only during the pre-game warm up......I have been known to lob expletives in the ref's direction.....quite a lot actually.....

AND I know all the chants.....including. the rude ones.

but fine. have fun. I hope you all get red cards and are sent off....nasty boys.....sniff
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:02 pm

JD I can't promise I wont be doing a fair bit of ogling myself mate Razz haha
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Eilzel wrote:JD I can't promise I wont be doing a fair bit of ogling myself mate Razz haha

::smthg:: 

Right enough !!

Love it Les!!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

I think Croatia will get well and truly gubbed tonight. Scotland beat them home and away in the qualifiers but as usual we got robbed in some of the other games due to dodgy decisions by some referee's.

Rolling Eyes 

Same old story - we wiz robbed and those samba dancing Brazillian girls would have loved the Scots lads..

So Dick Cheney calls George W. Bush into the war room and says, "Mr. President, we have bad news from Iraq. Four Brazilian soldiers were killed in combat last night."

The blood drains from Bush's face and he collapses into a chair. "Mr. President, are you all right?" Cheney asks.

Slowly, Bush looks up. "How many is a brazillion?" he asks.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:08 pm

Cass wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

only during the pre-game warm up......I have been known to lob expletives in the ref's direction.....quite a lot actually.....

AND I know all the chants.....including. the rude ones.

but fine. have fun. I hope you all get red cards and are sent off....nasty boys.....sniff

..now Cass, there's just no point claiming only during warm up....

I've been told you don't look above a player's waist when free kicks and close up corners are being taken..
In fact you often like a glare at the defensive wall to watch the crotch area being covered with the hands during a free kick..., and apparently if the crotch is covered and a bulge still visible, it has been made known to me that is when you are at your happiest !! Laughing 

Save your rude chants for those bits Cass!

Why don't you start a female FFT here Cass?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Joy Division wrote:Sorry, not meaning to spam, just trying to show you the team...

Samaras JD. He'll be home before his post cards Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Sorry, not meaning to spam, just trying to show you the team...

Samaras JD. He'll be home before his post cards Laughing

That's prob true Irn! I think he's underestimated a tad though!, shame he's not getting a new contact at Celtic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:16 pm

Brazil own-goal, first for Brazil in WC history!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Brazil own-goal, first for Brazil in WC history!

Yeah, saw that ! Laughing 

Uh oh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:30 pm

1-1 Neymar!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:31 pm

1-1 Neymar!!!!!

Beautifully placed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:38 pm

The ITV player broke!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The ITV player broke!

Laughing 

Mine was fine when I last looked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:43 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The ITV player broke!

Laughing 

Has it finished yet? What's the score?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Laughing 

2-1 Brazil...5 minutes normal time left!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

2-1 Brazil...5 minutes normal time left!

Ta.

Well I was enjoying that until the stupid thing broke!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:51 pm

It's 3-1 Rags and into extra time, That was cracker the guy scored there!!!!!

Oscar scored it

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Oh well, I know who's won anyway.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:02 pm

3-1 final, I predicted the exact result but by no means how it would be achieved; if I were Croatia I'd feel rather shat upon by some of the refereeing.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:44 am

Very soft penalty award. But a double for one of our strike partnership in the Fantasy Football so I'm pleased with that.

cheers 
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:03 am

Too blasteded expensive.

Guys drinking beer

We have to accommodate ourselves and drink whatever is available.

Children woken up by the screams of deluded men.....

Disgraceful

Note to forum

The screams do not happen at Queens or Wimbledon

Peasants the lot of you.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:26 am

Nothing to scream about at Queens or Wimbledon, though, eh? Eh?

::d&f:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:06 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:3-1 final, I predicted the exact result but by no means how it would be achieved; if I were Croatia I'd feel rather shat upon by some of the refereeing.

quite. ref was rubbish....but what do I know I'm just a girl......sniff
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:06 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Nothing to scream about at Queens or Wimbledon, though, eh? Eh?

::d&f:: 

only when they run out of champers or strawberries
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next