NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

+8
gerber
Raggamuffin
nicko
Andy
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
Cass
Irn Bru
12 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 6 Empty NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a competition being run by the Telegraph. I’ve paid the entry fee and we’re in. Team name is NEWSFIX FORUM and here is the provisional team selection but it needs to be changed before KO tomorrow so any ideas?

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 6 Image011

Link here for full list of players and their value. Can't go above £50 Million.

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/worldcup/select-team

Coaching staff members are;

Irn Bru – Chief Executive
Ben – Manager
Trainer - JD
Physio - Les
Media Relations – Didge (temporarily co-opted as a LW)

Now it’s up to the RWs to get their own team for a take on– if they can afford to pay for it and have the ability to even organise one that is

Team positions and player rankings will be updated daily by the Telegraph
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 6 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Howard has put on an absolute clinic ... still think this is Belgium's game to win though. Compared to them, the U.S. are looking tired, clumsy and banged-up, imo.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 6 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:00 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

crap crap crap
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:20 pm

GO GO GO GO GO

USA USA USA
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:21 pm

HOWARD FOR PRESIDENT!!!!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:35 pm

Well played USA x

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:35 pm

Well ... that's it. I still feel like the U.S. put up a hell of a fight, and that Green goal was much appreciated.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:38 pm

They can go home with their heads held high, a brilliant game, and considering just a few years ago the USA didn't play this kind of football, they were brilliant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Sassy wrote:They can go home with their heads held high, a brilliant game, and considering just a few years ago the USA didn't play this kind of football, they were brilliant.

And look at two of the guys who had pretty good games in this outing, Yedlin and Green -- they're just 20 and 19 respectively, so it will be fun to watch those guys with four extra years of experience. Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:43 pm

I enjoyed every minute of it, found myself having to remember to breathe sometimes lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:45 pm

Sassy wrote:I enjoyed every minute of it, found myself having to remember to breathe sometimes lol

Yeah, it was a great game just to watch, and hats off to Belgium, they did everything they had to do Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:16 am

Most open game of the tournament as both teams went for it. USA just ran out of steam but they played a stormer and Tim Howard was the star of the show.

Well done both teams.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 am

Agreed, shame someone had to lose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:20 am

Thought both teams played very well, and each goal was great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:12 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:They can go home with their heads held high, a brilliant game, and considering just a few years ago the USA didn't play this kind of football, they were brilliant.

And look at two of the guys who had pretty good games in this outing, Yedlin and Green -- they're just 20 and 19 respectively, so it will be fun to watch those guys with four extra years of experience. Smile

true.....but I want to keep Timmy please.......BEAST

ok so now its France....I had them 4 years ago and Spain won
.....bloody typical

Last edited by Cass on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:02 am

Cass wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

true.....but I want to keep Tommy please.......BEAST

ok so now its France....I had them 4 years ago and Spain won
.....bloody typical

I'm pulling for Argentina the rest of the way.

It has nothing to do with the fact that they have Belgium next.

::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Well that's France gone now. It's getting worse.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:41 pm

For tomorrow: I predict a 2:1 win for Costa Rica, crossing my fingers and toes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:26 am

That was a scrappy game between Brazil and Columbia. Full of ankle tapping, tripping, body checking and poor refereeing decisions.

Naymar got carried off injured and if he's out then they may have problems because their skipper misses the next game as well due to bookings.

Hope you're right LD. Costa Rica have done well and deserve all the plaudits they're getting.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:30 am

Pity Columbia couldn't pull off a result in memory of Andrea Escobar - shot dead for nothing more than conceding an own goal in the World Cup in 1994.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:04 am

Irn Bru wrote:Pity Columbia couldn't pull off a result in memory of Andrea Escobar - shot dead for nothing more than conceding an own goal in the World Cup in 1994.

Just unfathomable, really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:15 am

as senior junior said....penalties are a KRUL way to go out of the world cup....ha ha....we were screaming for Costa Rica but alas......I think The Netherlands are out for revenge and it looks like they are gonna get it.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:16 am

^^ Thought Costa Rica were very good, but the better side went through in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:02 am

Penalties suck, I think a different way is needed. I understand it's tradition, but in the U.S. we liken it to deciding a tied baseball game by having a home run-hitting contest -- i.e., it's a totally unnatural situation in the sport. To put it another way, it's kind of like deciding a tied footrace with a fistfight.

To me it would be better to have more extra time and allow more extra-time subs.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:28 am

I'm not sure how easy it would be to avoid players becoming fatigued if they were to play longer than two hours straight, though. I mean, more subs would help, but your best players would still have to be on the pitch from the opening whistle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:36 am

lovedust wrote:I'm not sure how easy it would be  to avoid players becoming fatigued if they were to play longer than two hours straight, though. I mean, more subs would help, but your best players would still have to be on the pitch from the opening whistle.

True, not a perfect solution. Maybe it would be better to find a way to play by the points system until the final?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:28 pm

I'm with LD physically not possible.......you have to have a knock out stage at some point in order to whittle it down.otherwise it would never end. it happens in golf, NFL, NBL, NBA, Rugby etc.....lets face it Wimbledon and the other Grand Slams are straight elimination.

penalties Suck true and I have watched far too many of them but really you only could have them or golden goal after regulation overtime.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:44 pm

Cass wrote:I'm with LD physically not possible.......you have to have a knock out stage at some point in order to whittle it down.otherwise it would never end. it happens in golf, NFL, NBL, NBA, Rugby etc.....lets face it Wimbledon and the other Grand Slams are straight elimination.

penalties Suck true and I have watched far too many of them but really you only could have them or golden goal after regulation overtime.

Agree, after normal time and extra time, you could end up with extra, extra, extra, extra time, it still being a tie and the players crawling!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:37 am

ben......LINKS DAMMIT

by the way loving your new signature line. cause Mr. green is so serene hes got a Tv in every room.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:40 am

If the guy that tackled Neymar and put him out the World Cup has not yet left Brazil then he had better hope that they don't find a reason to grab him at the airport and arrest him on a charge of GBH

He's public enemy number one.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:41 am

Cass wrote:ben......LINKS DAMMIT

by the way loving your new signature line. cause Mr. green is so serene hes got a Tv in every room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOvldn_IRw

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:49 am

Irn Bru wrote:If the guy that tackled Neymar and put him out the World Cup has not yet left Brazil then he had better hope that they don't find a reason to grab him at the airport and arrest him on a charge of GBH

very true....but I don't think the authorities would risk it more likely an unhinged fan.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:49 am

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:ben......LINKS DAMMIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOvldn_IRw

cheers Hon x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:54 am

^ben.....love it.......2 man sack race......they forgot to say backwards! genius.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:59 am

Irn Bru wrote:If the guy that tackled Neymar and put him out the World Cup has not yet left Brazil then he had better hope that they don't find a reason to grab him at the airport and arrest him on a charge of GBH

Very true. A fractured vertebrae is nothing to mess with and he is out of the cup, they are going to have to find a stand in goalie - do they have one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:02 am

Sassy wrote:

Very true.   A fractured vertebrae is nothing to mess with and he is out of the cup, they are going to have to find a stand in goalie - do they have one?

He's a striker Sass Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:17 am

no more wimbledon no world cup till Tuesday.....I'm stuck watching golf......shoot.me.now.please.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:26 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Very true.   A fractured vertebrae is nothing to mess with and he is out of the cup, they are going to have to find a stand in goalie - do they have one?

He's a striker Sass Laughing

Oops, for some reason I thought he was the goalie lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:56 pm

Predictions for tomorrow Brazil v Germany

Brazil 1-2 Germany

I jut think the Germans are stronger all round and of course Brazil are without Neymar and their skipper Silva.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Predictions for tomorrow Brazil v Germany

Brazil 1-2 Germany

I jut think the Germans are stronger all round and of course Brazil are without Neymar and their skipper Silva.

True, but it's their home country although Germany are good, so I'm going to say Brazil 3 Germany 2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Yeah, when I saw Neymar was out I thought...well, this can pan out different...

Tricky , I was going to say it will go to a penalty shoot out, but, I think with Khdeira and Muller, the Germans will be too strong, I go for 2-0 Germany.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:08 pm

Germany 2 Brazil 2 Germany to win 5 - 3 on penalties

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Well, at least they are all different, should be interesting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:50 am

Brazil 3-2 Germany - third Brazilian goal scored in extra time.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:01 am

Forgot to take into account home game for Brazil, ach . Never mind min.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:24 pm

2-0 already, this is kind of sad for the host country, folks ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:25 pm

Oh my ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm

...so early in the matc too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Oh my again ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm

4-0 NOW!!!! Poor Brazil, this is getting embarrassing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next