NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

+8
gerber
Raggamuffin
nicko
Andy
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
Cass
Irn Bru
12 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 7 Empty NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a competition being run by the Telegraph. I’ve paid the entry fee and we’re in. Team name is NEWSFIX FORUM and here is the provisional team selection but it needs to be changed before KO tomorrow so any ideas?

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 7 Image011

Link here for full list of players and their value. Can't go above £50 Million.

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/worldcup/select-team

Coaching staff members are;

Irn Bru – Chief Executive
Ben – Manager
Trainer - JD
Physio - Les
Media Relations – Didge (temporarily co-opted as a LW)

Now it’s up to the RWs to get their own team for a take on– if they can afford to pay for it and have the ability to even organise one that is

Team positions and player rankings will be updated daily by the Telegraph
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 7 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:28 pm

This doesn't look like it should be a semfinal match now, this is a total meltdown!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 7 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:30 pm

5-0, let them go home now poor things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Sassy wrote:5-0, let them go home now poor things.

Yeah, this is just a beat-down. Wow ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Ffs!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:32 pm

One of the announcers on our broadcast in the U.S. just pointed out that if this was boxing, they're be a towel in the ring by now!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:48 pm

He's not wrong!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm

confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm

It's really sad, I feel so sorry for Brazil!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:31 pm

I would NOT like to be in Brazil tonight.....OUCH

but I am laffing my socks off cheers
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Not to get all 'Murica, but they only got ONE off of us NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 7 JULY,P204TH,P203.gif.pagespeed.ce.HpJOO5N830
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Well, it's now 7-0 and our commentator said, 'think the Brazilians have had enough'!   No shit Sherlock.   The 7th goal, the Brazilian crowd as such good sports and know good football when they see it, they actually applauded it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Sassy wrote:It's really sad, I feel so sorry for Brazil!

I don't. They only won their first game through very bad reffing. You don't get to the semis and play like this. Not good enough. Sorry hard cheese.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:39 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Not to get all 'Murica, but they only got ONE off of us NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 7 JULY,P204TH,P203.gif.pagespeed.ce.HpJOO5N830

Roflmao
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:47 pm

Nice to see Brazil get that late goal ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Our tv called it the most unimportant goal in the cup!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:46 am

What an absolute tanking that was and no wonder some of the Brazil players were saying prayers on the pith at the end. They will now always be tarnished by that result for the rest of their lives because football fans are not very forgiving.
Brazil were just terrible and their defence and midfield committed so many mistakes and the German's are just the team to punish them for it. As a match it was a spectacle but as a competative fixture it was just a non-event.

I take the Netherlands to knock out Argentina as well but it will be a lot closer than that match was.

If that happens then I believe it will be the first time ever that a non South American team has won the world cup in South America.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:39 pm

^Irn yes if today's result goes as you say it will be a first.

the fans wont ever let them or the coach forget this - ever!

lets hope for a match today instead of a massacre.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:03 pm

As you say, hope its a better game tonight, it certainly can't be any worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:39 pm

I for one wish Holland wouldn't go with such a muted, sober color scheme in its uniforms. They should have picked more of an eye-wateringly bright color that really distracts you and makes it hard to look at anything else ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Not been exciting so far!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Sassy wrote:Not been exciting so far!

No, pretty conservative, but it should be fun to see which side takes a risk first -- I'm betting the Argentines, it's more their style.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:55 pm

As you say conservative, making sure the others don't score rather than deciding to score themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:48 pm

Argentina v Germany, should be interesting, they play very different games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:50 pm

Sassy wrote:Argentina v Germany, should be interesting, they play very different games.

Yeah, while I hate to see it go to penalties, that was a dramatic sequence! I'm cheering for Argentina but I have to predict Germany, they just look unbeatable.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:54 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:Argentina v Germany, should be interesting, they play very different games.

Yeah, while I hate to see it go to penalties, that was a dramatic sequence! I'm cheering for Argentina but I have to predict Germany, they just look unbeatable.

I agree, but I just have this hope for Argentina!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:57 pm

Sassy wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Would be nice to see a South American team win it in Brazil for sure Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:07 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Would be nice to see a South American team win it in Brazil for sure Smile

Not only that, I said a South American team would win and my OH said Belgium would, so far, I'm in with a chance.   He's a bit miffed lol.

PS, Back on page 2 of this thread:

Have a bet on with OH that it will be a Latin American team that wins, he thinks it might be Belgium.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:16 am

Yeah I go with much of what's been said here...I would like Argeitina to do it but I think it would take a fair bit more than Just Messi to rattle the Germans , they seem to have talent in abundance and I think that will most likey win them the cup.

But you never know, it's almost like a home game for the Argies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:26 am

Terrible match which was boring.  At least Argentina had a go and they played well in defence and they hardly allowed RVP or Robben to take clean ball all night. The long ball was hopeless and if it's in the air too long then it's easily mopped up and it was. Holland just seriously threatened late in the 90 minutes and through the extra time. Argentina deserved their win.

I think Germany will win and I hope they do because this has no place in football. How many died?

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 7 _75376516_argentina_players_flag
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:32 am

Didn't see that poster Irn, but politics has always entered sport, look how there were requests for the Games in Russia to be stopped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:32 am

Never knew about that Irn, your right...that shouldn't be allowed in football.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:42 pm

when did they show that? must have missed it.....stoopid fools.

The Netherlands looked like they ran out of steam.....but Argentina wasn't that great either.

Roll on the final........
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:01 pm

I thought both teams played well and both deserved to go through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:14 pm

lovedust wrote:

once it got to penalties Romero was a beast and it looked like he out-psyched the Dutch.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:26 pm

Cass wrote:
lovedust wrote:

once it got to penalties Romero was a beast and it looked like he out-psyched the Dutch.

No small achievement given Holland's fearless penalty display against Costa Rica.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:00 pm

lovedust wrote:
Cass wrote:

No small achievement given Holland's fearless penalty display against Costa Rica.

yes which left me wondering where THAT team was yesterday????

off to work byeeeeeee xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Looking forward to the final too NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 7 Footba13 Have to say I think Germany will win.

Have a good day at work Cass  I love you xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:23 am

Despite the final almost being a home game for Argentina and should the Germans have little injury worries...I'll go for a 2-1 Germany win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:15 pm

Would love to see Argentina win, but I think Germany will do it.

Mind you, I've been wrong about every single prediction I've made thus far in this competition, so maybe that's a good omen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:23 pm

lovedust wrote:Would love to see Argentina win, but I think Germany will do it.

Mind you, I've been wrong about every single prediction I've made thus far in this competition, so maybe that's a good omen.

ditto lol although I did get yesterday right but I didn't post it up....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Decided to have our steak earlier, don't want to choke if we get too excited!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:54 pm

About to start, whoop whoop!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:23 pm

It's going to go to penalties unless they score in the second half of extra time!

Spoke too soon, Germany score!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:38 pm

Germany win, lost my bet lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:33 pm

nice touch by Germany lining the path.....Angela Merkel was so sweet hugging them all.

roll on 2018.......
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:35 pm

Cass wrote:nice touch by Germany lining the path.....Angela Merkel was so sweet hugging them all.

roll on 2018.......

She was, and regardless of the nasty things that are often said about her she looked very slim, elegant and was thoroughly enjoying herself, which was nice to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:38 pm

Sassy wrote:
Cass wrote:nice touch by Germany lining the path.....Angela Merkel was so sweet hugging them all.

roll on 2018.......

She was, and regardless of the nasty things that are often said about her she looked very slim, elegant and was thoroughly enjoying herself, which was nice to see.
apparently she is a huge fan and goes into the lockerroom Shocked ir so the commentators said......how do they know?? lol
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Cass wrote:
Sassy wrote:

apparently she is a huge fan and goes into the lockerroom Shocked ir so the commentators said......how do they know?? lol

She does? No wonder she wanted to look her best lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Anyone else think messi was like a spoiled brat?
He didn't even smile when he got his golden thingy and never even touched the hands of his fans!!!

What a big baby!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:53 pm

eddie wrote:Anyone else think messi was like a spoiled brat?
He didn't even smile when he got his golden thingy and never even touched the hands of his fans!!!

What a big baby!

yes....ok so you're disappointed but lets face it you didn't score so grow up. Sore loser.

I don't actually think the golden glove should've gone to Neuer ......Howard or Ochoa or the guy from Costa Rica were better IMO
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next