NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

+8
gerber
Raggamuffin
nicko
Andy
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
Cass
Irn Bru
12 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 3 Empty NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a competition being run by the Telegraph. I’ve paid the entry fee and we’re in. Team name is NEWSFIX FORUM and here is the provisional team selection but it needs to be changed before KO tomorrow so any ideas?

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 3 Image011

Link here for full list of players and their value. Can't go above £50 Million.

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/worldcup/select-team

Coaching staff members are;

Irn Bru – Chief Executive
Ben – Manager
Trainer - JD
Physio - Les
Media Relations – Didge (temporarily co-opted as a LW)

Now it’s up to the RWs to get their own team for a take on– if they can afford to pay for it and have the ability to even organise one that is

Team positions and player rankings will be updated daily by the Telegraph
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 3 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:27 pm

US scored in the 34th second!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 3 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Just looked quite a nasy injury, hope he's ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Yeah, that's a blow all right.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:06 am

YYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A movie could be made about this game!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:YYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A movie could be made about this game!

Well the last time the USA played in the world cup in Brazil they played England and they beat them 1-0.

No movie over here Laughing

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/walter_bahr_on_usa_world_cup_1950.html
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:11 am

Well done the Americans, it was a very good game. At least we know a team that won lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:12 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:YYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A movie could be made about this game!

Well the last time the USA played in the world cup in Brazil to played England and thet beat them 1-0.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/walter_bahr_on_usa_world_cup_1950.html

OK, it's the World Cup opener for us and I will admit to having a bit to drink. Smile

Still, beautiful win in a tournament where I honestly thought we'd never get three points, let alone, all at once Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:13 am

Sassy wrote:Well done the Americans, it was a very good game.   At least we know a team that won lol!

That response goal on the corner was just ... it's lucky there aren't holes in any of my walls Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:14 am

Irn Bru wrote:

Well the last time the USA played in the world cup in Brazil they played England and they beat them 1-0.

'50 was the year my dad was born ... Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:15 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Now I feel old, your Dad's five years younger than me!!!!!  Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:16 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Well the last time the USA played in the world cup in Brazil to played England and thet beat them 1-0.

OK, it's the World Cup opener for us and I will admit to having a bit to drink. Smile

Still, beautiful win in a tournament where I honestly thought we'd never get three points, let alone, all at once Smile

Keep going and either the USA or England may just get through and play Iran in the knockout stages Laughing

Armageddon on here if that happens Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:17 am

Anyway, enjoy your celebrations, I'm for bed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:18 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Keep going and either the USA or England may just get through and play Iran in the knockout stages Laughing

lol! lol! lol! 

On that note I'll leave you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:20 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

No joke! Got to see most of Iran's play today and was not impressed ... hey, this is the World Cup for us. One win? We thought it was impossible, and it nearly was!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:21 am

Sassy wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Now I feel old, your Dad's five years younger than me!!!!!  Shocked 

Well, he was. Curse my family's history of heart disease, but I'll be doing great to live past 66 ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:21 am

YES!!!!!!!!

WHOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

and to make it better one of the asshats at work resigned!

DRINK!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:17 am

Russia v South Korea

Got bored with it.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:19 am

Irn Bru wrote:Russia v South Korea

Got bored with it.

Ah, I think SK look quite impressive Irn, fast on the counter, but just can't seem to finish it ...I think their entertaining to watch, but not all parts of their game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:24 am

Teckle....

1-0 Korea!!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:28 am

Joy Division wrote:Teckle....

1-0 Korea!!!  Smile

Just saw it. Goalie blunder Laughing

They'll be crying in the Kremlin watching that and he could get sent to the salt mines.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 am

Irn Bru wrote:

1-0 Korea!!!  Smile

They'll be crying in the Kremlin watching that and he could get sent to the salt mines.

Laughing 

Shit..1-1 Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:32 am

Joy Division wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

1-0 Korea!!!  Smile

Laughing 

Shit..1-1 Sad

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:32 am

Barely get a fart oot and someone else's scores !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:37 am

Would you no agree though Irn that SK have been the better side?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:59 am

Joy Division wrote:Would you no agree though Irn that SK have been the better side?

Meh.....it was ok.....shades ala Robert green of 2010 for Fabio .....Smile

good result for South Korea
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:01 am

Joy Division wrote:Would you no agree though Irn that SK have been the better side?

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:26 am

Not great games today, even Mexico v. Brazil was on the boring side ... but maybe I'm still recovering from that U.S. win Smile

Spain v. Chile should be worth watching, though!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:22 am

Cass wrote:

Yeah he did make a balls of it Cass!

I thought SK were the better side Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:48 pm

OK everybody: please place your bets for

England v Uruguay 19.06.14 20:00 GMT

Can anyone rival JD's cap for predicting Italy's 2:1 win against England last Saturday?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:55 pm

lovedust wrote:

Can anyone rival JD's cap for predicting Italy's 2:1 win against England last Saturday?

Laughing 

Without seeing the line up(fairly predictable anyway I think) and going on the 2-1 defeat to Italy, I can't see a lot of goals...because of England's opposition I think they will still be up for it...

I'm gonna say 2-0 Uruguay

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:06 pm

What a cracking goal that was by Cahill for Australia. The best goal of the competition so far and of course assisted by former Hearts player Ryan McGowan who has made a huge difference since being drafted in for this game.
Australia have been the better team by far.

Great game.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:11 pm

Irn Bru wrote:What a cracking goal that was by Cahill for Australia. The best goal of the competition so far and of course assisted by former Hearts player Ryan McGowan who has made a huge difference since being drafted in for this game.
Australia have been the better team by far.

Great game.

Hey Irn...I honestly thought Cahill would have a good game, he was solid for Everton, and proving he's definitely worth his Oz jersey, not many would have marked this game out now 2-1 to Oz!!!!!!!! cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Spoke too soon!!, I think Holland knew they had to act, but all credit to the Aussies...what a great game.Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:59 pm

Although Australia lost they can be proud of that performance against one of the best sides in the world and one of the tournament favourites They controlled the game for long spells and it was only a couple of bits of individual brilliance by RVP and Robben that pulled Holland through to a narrow victory.

Great game - thoroughly enjoyed it.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:48 pm

lovedust wrote:

England 2-0 Uruguay.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Looks like Spain are heading for an early exit.Currently losing 2-0 to Chile.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:13 pm

the aussie-Dutch game was great....one of the best so far - yesterday was fairly boring.....cahill's goal outstanding.

Croatia just scored....

I'm staying stchum on England ....the humiliation of an octopus being able predict better than me is too much to bear.

btw anyone else loving google's graphics since the start of the WC?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:18 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
lovedust wrote:

England 2-0 Uruguay.

England 1-2 Uruguay. I think they will be coming home on Saturday, sorry and all that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:20 pm

Cass wrote:the aussie-Dutch game was great....one of the best so far - yesterday was fairly boring.....cahill's goal outstanding.

Croatia just scored....

I'm staying stchum on England ....the humiliation of an octopus being able predict better than me is too much to bear.

btw anyone else loving google's graphics since the start of the WC?

I only get the one's they have on their search page, but they are good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

England 2-0 Uruguay.

England 1-2 Uruguay. I think they will be coming home on Saturday, sorry and all that!

It's England 1, Uruguay 0 for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:35 pm

lovedust wrote:
Sassy wrote:

England 1-2 Uruguay.   I think they will be coming home on Saturday, sorry and all that!

It's England 1, Uruguay 0 for me.

Well, let's hope you are right and I am wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:26 am

and another bites the dust.....song let his team down.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:50 am

Cannot believe Spain are out! I had considered a bet on them since they were not favourites, now I know why haha.

Their own faults, leaving behind Alvaro Negredo and Jesus Navas while bringing Torres was unforgivable. Oh, and I guess David Silva wasn't such a hot shot for Newfix team now  Sad 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:48 am

Spain was a shocker! Sorry, don't see how England gets past Uruguay, folks. Maybe they can luck into a draw.

I'm trying to avoid rosy thinking when it comes to the rest of the U.S.'s games. People are saying we've got a real shot against Portugal, but I think it will probably be the beginning of the end ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:37 pm

3 /1 to England,  Uruguay to score first.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm calling a tie on Colombia vs ivory coast 2-2

Drogba will come on in the 2nd half.

England v Uruguay? depends on if Suarez is playing .....

Japan over Greece 2-1
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:57 pm

Hmmmm ! I'll take  the  3/1 on skybet  for an Ivory coast win , at a guess 2/1

Greece has got to be a good bet at  2/1  (not that I'm a gambler or owt)  Embarassed
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:Hmmmm ! I'll take  the  3/1 on skybet  for an Ivory coast win , at a guess 2/1

Greece has got to be a good bet at  2/1  (not that I'm a gambler or owt)  Embarassed

yes well I called Spain to win the whole shooting match........bugger...$20 down the loo

if ya win remember I am your BFF ok?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Come on Ivory Coast!!!!...they look very impressive Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:35 pm

what a goal from Gervinho.....game on!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next