NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

+8
gerber
Raggamuffin
nicko
Andy
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
Cass
Irn Bru
12 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 5 Empty NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a competition being run by the Telegraph. I’ve paid the entry fee and we’re in. Team name is NEWSFIX FORUM and here is the provisional team selection but it needs to be changed before KO tomorrow so any ideas?

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 5 Image011

Link here for full list of players and their value. Can't go above £50 Million.

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/worldcup/select-team

Coaching staff members are;

Irn Bru – Chief Executive
Ben – Manager
Trainer - JD
Physio - Les
Media Relations – Didge (temporarily co-opted as a LW)

Now it’s up to the RWs to get their own team for a take on– if they can afford to pay for it and have the ability to even organise one that is

Team positions and player rankings will be updated daily by the Telegraph
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 5 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:23 pm

lovedust wrote:
^^ For sure... I was just meaning the third game is more a formality than anything else.

Of course LD. I should have known you would know that.

Sorry.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 5 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by eddie Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:26 pm

lovedust wrote:
^^ For sure... I was just meaning the third game is more a formality than anything else.

Yeah and I bet we play our flippin socks off!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Wow, so this France-Switzerland game is just getting sad now ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:39 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Wow, so this France-Switzerland game is just getting sad now ...

Switzerland just scored - the fightback is on Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Switzerland just scored another one 5-2 now Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:11 am

Ecuador 2-1

bit more exciting than the France v Switzerland game
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:52 pm

I was just reading about their team the other day...Iran..a team who I knew had one or two good players, but just not rated as a team...

Now robbed of a famous result by Lionel Messi , great foal though,,,

But what a game ....brilliant effort Iran !!!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 am

than you Germany and Ghana. Brilliant result for the US.....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:54 am

Cass wrote:than you Germany and Ghana. Brilliant result for the US.....

Absolutely, if the U.S. somehow finds itself at the top of the "Group of Death" I'm going to have to print that out and frame it Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:than you Germany and Ghana. Brilliant result for the US.....

Absolutely, if the U.S. somehow finds itself at the top of the "Group of Death" I'm going to have to print that out and frame it Smile

ditto and will be on my FB page Smile.........I'm about to sacrifice an egg - didn't have a real chicken....maybe burning a piece of toast will appease the footie gods Cool
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:07 pm

Could see this USA v Portugal being a tight one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:37 am

Tight isn't the word for it. 2-2.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:00 am

brilliant result for the US. We need to tie or win and for Ghana to tie with Portugal. MARCHING ON!!!!!!!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:36 am

Cass wrote:brilliant result for the US. We need to tie or win and for Ghana to tie with Portugal. MARCHING ON!!!!!!!

Wd have been better if the game had ended 5-seconds earlier. Portugal had gone to sleep the entire second half. If the US had stayed awake, instead of pissing their pants when Portugal made their last drive...ah well, you know the rest.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:02 am

Yeah, mixed feelings here too -- 2-2 is a great result against Portugal, but to lose the lead in the final minute like that ... less than the final minute! It was heartbreaking.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:15 am

lets be honest nobody thought it would happen....this was the group of death remember .....this world cup gas turned a lot of stuff upside down.

yes we only tied but come on! onwards!

hoohah!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:26 am

Cass wrote:lets be honest nobody thought it would happen....this was the group of death remember .....this world cup gas turned a lot of stuff upside down.

yes we only tied but come on! onwards!

hoohah!

Oh yeah, we have no reason not to be thrilled with four points in group play with another game yet to go. I think if we can get a result like this we've got a realistic shot at tying Germany, which itself would be enough to advance us (if I'm figuring it right), or getting a little help from a Ghana draw vs. Portugal.

Big day Thursday!!!!!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Well, I don't know about the patterns of which you both speak.  Against Portugal...pfffft.  Footbol isn't that high a scoring game that a couple of good breaks here and there couldn't win it all.

What I saw was the US team becoming believers...in Portugal, fcs.  They folded like a dollar bill and allowed the Iberians to score that last-second goal.  If they had hung tough for a second or two longer, they had it.  The US team practically engineered that goal for Portugal.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Well done USA Portugal are a great side IMHO...

My final England prediction: CR 2 England 0. Not that anyone in England cares.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:08 pm

This is going to be. some game between France and Nigeria,,, a hundred mile an hour man!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Joy Division wrote:This is going to be. some game between France and Nigeria,,, a hundred mile an  hour man!!

Pretty textbook wear-out-the-defense game from France, they just stayed on the attack.

Hoping Algeria can get lucky and knock out Germany, but I doubt it :/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:40 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Joy Division wrote:This is going to be. some game between France and Nigeria,,, a hundred mile an  hour man!!

Pretty textbook wear-out-the-defense game from France, they just stayed on the attack.

Hoping Algeria can get lucky and knock out Germany, but I doubt it :/

Yeah that's exactly what happened Ben,all credit to Nigeria though...very good side indeed and a great keeper, so is the Mexican keeper!....

I'm also hoping Algeria can do damage to Germany, Algeria are another underrated side, I usually want the underdogs to win, unless they are playing France as I had a French grandfather!..

Or Scotland, if they can qualify for another World Cup!..I think they just might next time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Algeria are doing just fine and they're troubling the Germans with the ball over the back and their counter attacking.

They have the ability to cause an upset here but you just feel that the Germans will manage to grind out a result against a team they are expected to beat.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Algeria are doing just fine and they're troubling the Germans with the ball over the back and their counter attacking.

They have the ability to cause an upset here but you just feel that the Germans will manage to grind out a result against a team they are expected to beat.

That's my thoughts too Irn, I can't see Germany winning easily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Starting to look like that 1-0 lead might as well be 10 goals, though ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:33 pm

Holy shit what a good game this has been ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:15 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Holy shit what a good game this has been ...

Ah I felt bad for the Algerians, a cracking game,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:41 am

Germany are always pretty reliable. I'd like Costa Rica to win it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:46 am

lovedust wrote:
Germany are always pretty reliable. I'd like Costa Rica to win it.

They are LD, they always seem to pull through. I'd also like to see one of the underdogs win as well and Costa Rica is certainly one of them.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:05 pm

Altidore is not in the U.S. starting lineup -- just as Big_Reilly recommended!

He is far better used as a sub in the game less than an hour away vs. Belgium.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Argentina 1-0 Switzerland

That last five minutes was pure football entertainment. Just a pity that we had to wait so long to get it.

That header off the post and the ricochet that went inches wide in the last minute by the Swiss denied us of a penalty shoot out.

If Switzerland had ended up winning that then they would have had to leave the field wearing robbers masks. Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Altidore is not in the U.S. starting lineup -- just as Big_Reilly recommended!

USA are in with a chance here Ben. They've been remarkably resilient and got the points they needed to qualify so they'll have gained confidence from that.

I'm looking forward to this one which is due to kick off shortly.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Missed the Argy game and I've got the wee man as the OH is working tonight, so the cartoons might rule the screen tonight...

We'll see  Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Altidore is not in the U.S. starting lineup -- just as Big_Reilly recommended!

USA are in with a chance here Ben. They've been remarkably resilient and got the points they needed to qualify so they'll have gained confidence from that.

I'm looking forward to this one which is due to kick off shortly.

hear hear...quick start from Belgium but so far so good.

C'MON THE BOYYYYYYYYSSSSSSS

USA.....USA.....USA
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:18 pm

I understand that Republicans seem to think the non American style football is all a left wing plot. It struck me, what would they do if America won the World Cup?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Sassy wrote:I understand that Republicans seem to think the non American style football is all a left wing plot. It struck me, what would they do if America won the World Cup?

sshhhhhhhh.....down in front.......Dempsey!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:38 pm

STOP GIVING AWAY POSSESSION......Christ on a bike.....basics boys!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:40 pm

Go USA!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:44 pm

brilliant punch by Tim.........crap ive spilt salsa on my shirt.....and its white....typical
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Cass wrote:brilliant punch by Tim.........crap ive spilt salsa on my shirt.....and its white....typical

Throw some white wine on it, if it works for red wine might work for salsa lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:49 pm

o
Sassy wrote:
Cass wrote:brilliant punch by Tim.........crap ive spilt salsa on my shirt.....and its white....typical

Throw some white wine on it, if it works for red wine might work for salsa lol

ok half I will go try some shout.....I admit I did it by punching the ball away myself lol
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:50 pm

I have a tingling sensation and shooting pains up and down my left arm ... probably nothing, right?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I have a tingling sensation and shooting pains up and down my left arm ... probably nothing, right?

nope I have the same thing......we're fine. here we go here we go here we gooooooooo
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I have a tingling sensation and shooting pains up and down my left arm ... probably nothing, right?

You're having an arm orgasm at the thought of the USA winning  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:19 pm

arrrggghhhh across the goal........FINISH IT GODAMMIT
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Tim Howard rocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:48 pm

lovedust wrote:

Tim Howard rocks

he is da bomb! I suddenly like beards!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 pm

How did they miss that! Oh, offside!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:54 pm

balls!!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Cass wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Tim Howard rocks

he is da bomb! I suddenly like beards!

A finer endorsement he could not wish for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next