NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Prison Smoking Ban Riot Fears As 'Stability' Concerns Overshadow Health Implications

+2
eddie
Tommy Monk
6 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

British Prison Smoking Ban Riot Fears As 'Stability' Concerns Overshadow Health Implications - Page 8 Empty British Prison Smoking Ban Riot Fears As 'Stability' Concerns Overshadow Health Implications

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Authorities in Australia thought they were "very ready" for a smoking ban to kick-in at a remand prison in the state of Victoria on July 1.
The ban came with 18-months notice and the government had worked with anti-smoking group Quit Victoria to tailor programs specifically for inmates. And it appeared to be working. On June 30, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported that just 10 percent of inmates would be going cold turkey when the ban came into force the following day. Previously, it was thought that 85 percent of them smoked, so if nothing else, before the ban even came into effect, authorities had cut smoking-rates by 75 percent. But that very day inmates at Ravenhall Prison chose a fitting way to let politicians in the nation's capital, Canberra, some 660km (410miles) away, know what they really thought of the ban - they sent a smoke signal. -Plumes of black smoke could be seen billowing from the correctional facility around midday, after fires were lit in cells, and outdoor wheelie bins were set ablaze. Two further fires were lit at the nearby Port Phillip Prison.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/27/riot-fears-over-uk-prison-smoking-ban_n_7879234.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Very interesting article with lots to read.
Smoking is most definately a privilege for a prisoner and I am stunned they are still allowed to smoke inside their cells.
Like everyone else throughout the UK there should be smoking areas outside for them. That would be the best compremise, but am stunned they have smoking privileges over law abiding citizens.

Back to top Go down

British Prison Smoking Ban Riot Fears As 'Stability' Concerns Overshadow Health Implications - Page 8 Empty Re: British Prison Smoking Ban Riot Fears As 'Stability' Concerns Overshadow Health Implications

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:20 pm

Nems wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:I dont think the weapons they could make would be a problem....

just immagine the gleeful outbreak of poisonings with the liquid.....

They are poisonous? What's in them?

NICOTINE

See also: Nicotine poisoning

The LD50 of nicotine is 50 mg/kg for rats and 3 mg/kg for mice. 30–60 mg (0.5–1.0 mg/kg) can be a lethal dosage for adult humans.[10][50] However the widely used human LD50 estimate of 0.5–1.0 mg/kg was questioned in a 2013 review, in light of several documented cases of humans surviving much higher doses; the 2013 review suggests that the lower limit causing fatal outcomes is 500–1000 mg of ingested nicotine, corresponding to 6.5–13 mg/kg orally.[12] Nevertheless, nicotine has a relatively high toxicity in comparison to many other alkaloids such as caffeine, which has an LD50of 127 mg/kg when administered to mice.[51]

It is unlikely that a person would overdose on nicotine through smoking alone, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) states in 2013 "There are no significant safety concerns associated with using more than one OTC NRT at the same time, or using an OTC NRT at the same time as another nicotine-containing product—including a cigarette."[52] Spilling a high concentration of nicotine onto the skin can cause intoxication or even death, since nicotine readily passes into the bloodstream following dermal contact.[53]

Back to top Go down

British Prison Smoking Ban Riot Fears As 'Stability' Concerns Overshadow Health Implications - Page 8 Empty Re: British Prison Smoking Ban Riot Fears As 'Stability' Concerns Overshadow Health Implications

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:

So basically, you are thicker than a shit house rat.
We got there in the end.

Nems you have stated you do not believe I have a wife or children many times, which is the worst insult going as if they do not even exist, that makes you low life scum or that I should not even be round them, because to your homophobic views I am gay and enjoy being raped and that I am a sex pervert not to be trusted around my own children.

These were all things you alone said and it shows how very stupid you are thinking you were being clever.
Now crawl away you pathetic bully, as seen you easily got a taste in. I am happy to receive a warning over what I retaliated over, but as seen you like the pathetic weseal you are fail to even see how nasty the things you said were.

That makes you pathetic scum

Got that hun?

Laughing

Hun?!

Didge you are the last person that should call anyone scum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Nems you have stated you do not believe I have a wife or children many times, which is the worst insult going as if they do not even exist, that makes you low life scum or that I should not even be round them, because to your homophobic views I am gay and enjoy being raped and that I am a sex pervert not to be trusted around my own children.

These were all things you alone said and it shows how very stupid you are thinking you were being clever.
Now crawl away you pathetic bully, as seen you easily got a taste in. I am happy to receive a warning over what I retaliated over, but as seen you like the pathetic weseal you are fail to even see how nasty the things you said were.

That makes you pathetic scum

Got that hun?

Laughing

Hun?!

When you bring up my family, of which you did and deny their existence, that makes you scum
All of which is against the rules by the way
Now I am sure you are a great loving mum, but sadly has a fetish for bullying on forums
Dont bring my family into the debate, and I will leave yours out of it too

Its that simple

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:26 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:

Hun?!

When you bring up my family, of which you did and deny their existence, that makes you scum
Now I am sure you are a great loving mum, but sadly has a fetish for bullying on forums

Its that simple

You mentioned her relationship or marriage on page 2 of this thread.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:26 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Nems wrote:

They are poisonous? What's in them?

NICOTINE

The LD50 of nicotine is 50 mg/kg for rats and 3 mg/kg for mice. 30–60 mg (0.5–1.0 mg/kg) can be a lethal dosage for adult humans.[10][50] However the widely used human LD50 estimate of 0.5–1.0 mg/kg was questioned in a 2013 review, in light of several documented cases of humans surviving much higher doses; the 2013 review suggests that the lower limit causing fatal outcomes is 500–1000 mg of ingested nicotine, corresponding to 6.5–13 mg/kg orally.[12] Nevertheless, nicotine has a relatively high toxicity in comparison to many other alkaloids such as caffeine, which has an LD50of 127 mg/kg when administered to mice.[51]

It is unlikely that a person would overdose on nicotine through smoking alone, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) states in 2013 "There are no significant safety concerns associated with using more than one OTC NRT at the same time, or using an OTC NRT at the same time as another nicotine-containing product—including a cigarette."[52] Spilling a high concentration of nicotine onto the skin can cause intoxication or even death, since nicotine readily passes into the bloodstream following dermal contact.[53]

My god you can die from spilling it on the skin!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Its that simple

Yes he did.
As I said
Thick as a shit house rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Its that simple

She is still married, sorry to burst your bubble so never brought her family into this

That is still nems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Nems wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes he did.
As I said
Thick as a shit house rat

Someone divorced is not your family anymore or boyfriend though are they

Doh

So you are saying an ex is family now?

Yep you are thick as shit

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Guys stop it please

This is going nowhere
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Are you saying I am gay now Nems?
Not that I am but have you got something against homosexuals then?
Wow the cat is finally let out of the bag I guess

That's pathetic. You gay? Who knows or cares? I wouldn't trust you with a hole in a fur coat.

You Are on fire today... great one!!!

:lol!;

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:36 pm

If the thread doesn't get back on track I'm moving it to the basement and locking it guys.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Its for the good of the forum that you, Nems and sassy are brought into line and this will happen, i guarantee it, as my resolve is greater than the 3 of you combined

You can't even walk in a straight line, let alone bring anyone into line. lol!

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:39 pm

eddie wrote:If the thread doesn't get back on track I'm moving it to the basement and locking it guys.

Don't be mean Edds this is the most attention Didge has ever had
Don't spoil his moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:43 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:If the thread doesn't get back on track I'm moving it to the basement and locking it guys.

Don't be mean Edds this is the most attention Didge has ever had
Don't spoil his moment.

British Prison Smoking Ban Riot Fears As 'Stability' Concerns Overshadow Health Implications - Page 8 6ceed2234226353ab362974727aa9c23

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Shall I just let you all wear yourselves out then? After all, it is the summer holidays Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:47 pm

Nems wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

NICOTINE

yeah...dont use it as sun cream.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:52 pm

eddie wrote:Shall I just let you all wear yourselves out then? After all, it is the summer holidays Rolling Eyes

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:54 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Nems wrote:

yeah...dont use it as sun cream.....

I am very glad I gave up smoking
pale

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Nicotine in itself, isn't actually physically addictive though, is it?

It's not the proper vape e-cigs that are dangerous (though I don't think we've heard the last of them on health issues) but the little corner shops that buy the cheap crap from China....they're the real dangerous ones IMO.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:16 pm

G
eddie wrote:Nicotine in itself, isn't actually physically addictive though, is it?

It's not the proper vape e-cigs that are dangerous (though I don't think we've heard the last of them on health issues) but the little corner shops that buy the cheap crap from China....they're the real dangerous ones IMO.

Isn't it?
I just assumed it was

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:19 pm

nicotine IS the addictive principle in cigaretts

thats why "vaping " is better..you still get the "nicotine hit" but you dont get all te other drap that is in a cigarette.

and yes eddie the chineese stuf is crap.....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Okay got myself all mixed up. Yes nicotine IS addictive but not harmful - it's the other crap in tobacco and cigarettes that kills you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8