NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

+11
HoratioTarr
Fuzzy Zack
SEXY MAMA
nicko
stardesk
Eilzel
Tommy Monk
veya_victaous
eddie
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
15 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 13 Empty A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2015 10:03 am

First topic message reminder :

May
Luke 13:11
And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.
Imagine being bowed over for 18 years. All you would see is the dust on the ground. That was the predicament of the woman in Luke 13. Dust was all her eyes fell on, all the time, everywhere she went, until she became dust-conscious. Thank God she finally saw the beautiful feet of Jesus, who brought her good news and raised her up.

Now, dust is the devil’s food. The Bible tells us that God cursed the devil to eat dust all the days of his life. (Genesis 3:14) Dust represents death. (Genesis 3:19) The devil wants you to be like him—to fall flat on your belly, crawl and eat dust. To eat dust is to feed on your shortcomings and lack, until you constantly feel that there is so much in your life that you need to clean up. You may not be physically bowed over, but like the woman, you become dust-conscious and life every day is a struggle.

Having a dust-consciousness also affects the way you see others. You look at people’s faults all the time. You point out their shortcomings and rake up their past failures. When you are dust-conscious, you find your relationships robbed of peace and joy.

And if you, like the woman, keep looking at the dust, before long, that inward position of dust-consciousness becomes so entrenched that you become the devil’s food because dust is what he eats. God’s Word describes him as being like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:Cool

If you don’t want to be devoured by him, then lift your eyes above the dust! Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat. See yourself the way God sees you—righteous and holy in Christ. (Colossians 3:12; 2 Corinthians 5:21) You are not dust because you are not in and of the flesh—you are in and of the Spirit. (Romans 8:9)

My friend, the more you realize who you are in Christ, the more you will straighten up and walk the way God sees you—a new creation with His authority, power and overcoming Spirit!

Thought For The Day
Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat.

Back to top Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 13 Empty Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:veya won't insult islam or moslems , it's just Jesus and Christians he enjoys insulting because he's a bigot and a christiaphobe

and a queer...

Back to top Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 13 Empty Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm

heavenlyfatheryetagain wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:veya won't insult islam or moslems , it's just Jesus and Christians he enjoys insulting because he's a bigot and a christiaphobe

and a queer...

well i made a daily devotional for moslems so veya can post insulting cartoons up about mo , lets see if he has the guts to do it eh Wink xx

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:37 pm

I'D like to see him do that.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:12 pm

I think this thread should be a nice one, not one to take the piss. I also enjoy reading the posts, although I don't post on it much myself.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think this thread should be a nice one, not one to take the piss. I also enjoy reading the posts, although I don't post on it much myself.

Thank you Raggs, veya likes posting taking the piss and we don't often say anything about it .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Again, for Veya, as I, sure he wouldn't like to be seen to be picking on only ONE group of people!!!

Yes. So many versions of religious books.....
I think that's why a lot of people are scratching their heads over Muslims too; they don't seem to agree on which book they're following.

Can you find any cartoons about Muslim fanatics?
Your cartoons are ever so funny!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Why does Veya have to pick on anyone? This thread is supposed to be a pleasant one, not one for taking the piss or picking on anyone.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why does Veya have to pick on anyone? This thread is supposed to be a pleasant one, not one for taking the piss or picking on anyone.

Exactly.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:09 pm

veya and Ben have taken the piss out of this thread posting jokes about Jesus .
I have no problem with jokes as long as they're not blasphemous , but veya posts blasphemous pics and i have yet to see him post the same in the islam daily devotional which i started for moslems .

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:56 pm

@eddie

Why are you inticing hatred?

Why not just tell Veya not to post anti Christian stuff?

Don't you think there's enough anti Muslim stuff already that you now want to see extra?

Ffs thought you had a brain in that head of yours!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:29 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:@eddie

Don't you think there's enough anti Muslim stuff already that you now want to see extra?

there is far more hatred towards Christians than there is moslems , you should feel safe you have veya and Ben on your side so why the victim card ?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:39 pm

eddie wrote:Yes. So many versions of religious books.
I think that's why a lot of people are scratching their heads over Muslims too; they don't seem to agree on which book they're following.

Can you find any cartoons about Muslim fanatics?
Your cartoons are ever so funny!

I was leaving that to Smelly and Tommy..  now there is Muslim devotional i might Rolling Eyes

And YES that is exactly what Muslims are fighting over right now.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:04 pm

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 13 3aa709972b3204f4486708b013b344a49b63bea4ada6cf048fb2a0e5227c1e35
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:06 pm

It's strange how you never speak out about the anti-Christian stuff. Veya thinks I should speak out about the anti-Islam stuff though.

Double standards ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Well this thread is pretty much wrecked because of a moderator - strange that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

It's strange how you never speak out about the anti-Christian stuff. Veya thinks I should speak out about the anti-Islam stuff though.

Double standards ...

she never whinges when i post anti Islams stuff Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
You whinge constantly about Christians and Brits being picked on... Suspect Suspect Suspect

BIG difference.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:22 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Double standards ...

she never whinges when i post anti Islams stuff Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
You whinge constantly about Christians and Brits being picked on... Suspect Suspect Suspect

BIG difference.

Yes she does - she had a go at your mate, Didge, not long back for insulting Islam, and she's just complained about eddie as well.

Your reading is also very selective.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Double standards ...

BIG difference.

Yes she does - she had a go at your mate, Didge, not long back for insulting Islam, and she's just complained about eddie as well.

and no she didn't to eddie.
she made a fair statement.
there is enough anti Islams stuff from Smelly and TM.
VOD and HF bring their religion up for mockery every day.

SM and zack didn't start a thread to post bible quotes. Considering the posts from many on here, I am surprised how well SM and Zack take the mocking of their religion, they take it much more maturely than you or VOD and HF Twisted Evil
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:55 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

and no she didn't to eddie.
she made a fair statement.
there is enough anti Islams stuff from Smelly and TM.
VOD and HF bring their religion up for mockery every day.

SM and zack didn't start a thread to post bible quotes. Considering the posts from many on here, I am surprised how well SM and Zack take the mocking of their religion, they take it much more maturely than you or VOD and HF Twisted Evil

She complained about eddie "inciting hatred". So if I complain about you inciting hatred of Christians, that's just a fair statement then.

As VOD said, there is more criticism of Christianity on here from more people. There have been a few times when there was very little else on here.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:25 am

yeah and eddie is clearly blind to all the ignorant posts about Islam that far out number the posts on Christianity

And how may post from Muslims going on about how great Islam is?

Islam is not as offense because the Muslims on this forum are not trying to preach it, they defend it, they don't go starting daily devotional and other crap.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:35 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

Double standards ...

Sexy mama never got the sarcasm in my post.

I don't think he should be posting any horrible stuff about any religion.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:35 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

Double standards ...

Sexy mama never got the sarcasm in my post.

I don't think he should be posting any horrible stuff about any religion.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:37 am

veya_victaous wrote:yeah and eddie is clearly blind to all the ignorant posts about Islam that far out number the posts on Christianity

Islam is not as offense because the Muslims on this forum are not trying to preach it, they defend it, they don't go starting daily devotional and other crap.

so you have a problem with people going on about what they believe in then?

Best you shut the fuck up then about your beliefs.

And both you and SM clearly don't get sarcasm! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by eddie on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:11 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

Double standards ...

I have a hard time as it is defending my own religion so no I don't really have the time to defend yours. I have never asked you to defend mine have I ? So you clearly don't know the meaning of double standards do you?

I don't attack anyones religion even though mine is attacked here daily

Last edited by SEXY MAMA on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:13 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

BIG difference.

I had a go at Didge because he lost it in an argument when there was no need for it at all.

In regards to eddie I was informing her of inciting hatred when there was no need for it.

Last edited by SEXY MAMA on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:13 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Double standards ...

BIG difference.

Cheers.

You post what you want I have never bothered telling Smelly off and its not like he holds back lol
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:17 am

veya_victaous wrote:yeah and eddie is clearly blind to all the ignorant posts about Islam that far out number the posts on Christianity

You should be honoured they set up a whole thread to mock Islam and want your input in it!

Talk about hypocrisy and they have the friggin audacity to play the victim card!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:19 am

Oct

Ephesians 1:6

to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
At the Jordan river, Jesus heard His Father say to Him, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.” (Luke 3:22) Later, in the wilderness, Jesus heard the devil say to Him, “If You are the Son of God…” (Luke 4:3)
Notice that the devil not only questioned Jesus’ sonship, but he also dropped the word “beloved” when he said to Jesus, “If You are the Son of God…” You see, the devil cannot remind you that you are God’s beloved because when you know this truth, whatever he wants to bring against you will not succeed!
Many girls are giving away their virginity because they need to feel wanted and loved. And young boys join gangs to feel accepted because they have been rejected and made to feel worthless by others.
But when you know that you are God’s beloved, no temptation can succeed against you, not even the “giants” who may taunt you. Consider David who slew Goliath. “David” in Hebrew means “beloved”. It takes a David to knock down a giant. In other words, it takes someone who knows that he is God’s beloved to win the fights of life!
You are God’s beloved not because of what you do. Christ did everything. He is God’s Beloved. But God put you in Christ. That is why you are “accepted in the Beloved”. And what God said to Jesus, He says to you today: “You are My beloved son. In you, I am well pleased.”
So if the devil tells you, “Hey, you call yourself ‘God’s beloved’ after what you just did?” have the assurance that it is not based on what you have done, but what Christ has done. And you are still God’s beloved because you are in Christ!
When you say that, I believe the devil screams in frustration because he has no power over you when you are conscious that you are God’s beloved. There is truly a place of safety when you know that you are His beloved.
My friend, we are not being proud when we call ourselves God’s beloved. How can we boast when we know that it is God’s grace that has made us accepted in the Beloved!

Thought For The Day

It takes someone who knows that he is God’s beloved to win the fights of life!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:16 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Double standards ...

I have a hard time as it is defending my own religion so no I don't really have the time to defend yours. I have never asked you to defend mine have I ? So you clearly don't know the meaning of double standards do you?

And that was my point to Veya!
He mocks Christians and has the doibel standards of leaving all other religions alone.
Nobody should have their religion mocked daily. It's actually paramount to harassment.
My post was sarcastic - I though everyone would've guessed that by my last comment to him.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:08 am

Well if that's your logic, the athiests are far more offensive than anyone else on this forum because they're constantly preaching at others and trying to get Christians and Muslims to denounce their faith.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:15 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Double standards ...

The other day Veya complained that I didn't "get" that he was being ironic when he attacked Christians, and now it seems that he doesn't get what I'm saying, and neither do you.

The double standards I was referring to are coming from Veya, not you. Wink

I don't attack Islam, and yet he thinks I should be defending it rather than just defend my "own kind", which apparently makes me "racist" according to him. He should therefore really accuse you of being racist for not defending Christians - according to his own logic.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:16 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:

You should be honoured they set up a whole thread to mock Islam and want your input in it!

Talk about hypocrisy and they have the friggin audacity to play the victim card!

VOD is being ironic. She's saying that as Veya attacks and mocks Christians on a daily basis, he should do the same to Muslims - as he doesn't approve of either religion.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:26 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

BIG difference.

Cheers.

You post what you want I have never bothered telling Smelly off and its not like he holds back lol

So next time you get upset about Muslims being mocked and abused, I'll just say "cheers". cheers
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:35 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I had a go at Didge because he lost it in an argument when there was no need for it at all.

In regards to eddie I was informing her of inciting hatred when there was no need for it.

You had a go at Didge because you thought he insulted you personally - because he insulted Islam. You also had a go at Nicko for calling Zack "Muslim scum". You complain often enough, like you complain about those who won't defend the stone-throwing Palestinians.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:52 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Double standards ...

But you're posting on this thread which is attacking my faith , you're winging about islam being ridiculed by your comment to eddie and you managed to swear too , nice going eh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:54 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Get it right , i set it up not both of us , are you having trouble reading now and why do you keep playing the victim card .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:02 pm

The point is that this thread is supposed to be a nice one for Christians to read. It's not attacking any other religion, and the people who post the quotes aren't trying to convert anyone. The Islam thread could be the same if people wanted that.

There's an atheist one for atheists to do the same, although it's difficult for them to celebrate atheism without mocking or insulting religion of course. The pagan one seems to be fairly trouble free.

If the likes of Veya can't even keep off one thread, it says more about him than it does about the people who post in this thread.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Veya can't keep off any thread, first thing in the morning when I log on almost every thread has a comment by this dipstick!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:29 pm

nicko wrote:Veya can't keep off any thread,   first thing in the morning when I log on  almost every thread has a comment by this dipstick!!

It seems didge can't either .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:10 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
nicko wrote:Veya can't keep off any thread,   first thing in the morning when I log on  almost every thread has a comment by this dipstick!!

It seems didge can't either .

Didge is like Veya - neither of them can stand anyone having religious faith. They want to force their own militant atheism on those who do have faith. They're envious of course - that's why they want to destroy religious faith.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Actually I think religion is fair game to take the piss out of.
Nothing is beyond taking the piss and there is lots to take the piss out of religious beliefs
If you set up a thread which is promoting bullshit, then do not think others will counter the nonsense being promoted.
I do not care what people believe as long as its personal belief, but if you start a thread trying to promote Christianty as somethihg good, then it will be ridiculed.

Best you get used to that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:58 pm

Cuchulain wrote:Actually I think religion is fair game to take the piss out of.
Nothing is beyond taking the piss and there is lots to take the piss out of religious beliefs
If you set up a thread which is promoting bullshit, then do not think others will counter the nonsense being promoted.
I do not care what people believe as long as its personal belief, but if you start a thread trying to promote Christianty as somethihg good, then it will be ridiculed.

keep your personal beliefs to yourself . Those are your own words now stand by them Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Actually I think religion is fair game to take the piss out of.

keep your personal beliefs to yourself . Those are your own words now stand by them Razz

Not whilst you are promoting religious bullshit with this thread

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

Laughing

So you can't keep your beliefs to yourself , i see but you prefer also to constantly harass those of us who do have a belief .

What a bigot .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:46 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Laughing

So you can't keep your beliefs to yourself , i see but you prefer also to constantly harass those of us who do have a belief .

What a bigot .

I do not have any religious beliefs ha ha ha
So I am against you trying to promote your religious bullshit, it belongs in garbage along with all the other rubbish

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Laughing

What a bigot .

Just ignore him VOD. This is a nice thread - don't let him wreck it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Vicar Of Dibley wrote:

What a bigot .

Just ignore him VOD. This is a nice thread - don't let him wreck it.

I agree thanks Smile

and God bless you

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:34 pm

It's paramount to harassment.

If a Muslim or a Jew joined here and posters were ridiculing them, those posters would be reported.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next