NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day

+5
nicko
stardesk
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
eddie
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Empty a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day

Post by eddie Wed May 13, 2015 10:48 pm

Post your thoughts and poems etc here
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Empty Re: a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day

Post by eddie Wed May 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Posted by sassy:

Pagan thought for the Day:

May I nuture my spirit/energy and wonder in the beauty of nature around me, from the colours in the stones to the patterns of a spider's web. When I am no more, my energy will join with the energy of the universe and I will be in the gentle wind and the flash of lightening and in this I am content.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Empty Re: a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day

Post by eddie Wed May 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Posted by sassy:

Universal Energy
Some day soon I'll return to thee.
I'll see the world with an eagle's eye
Or be in the sound of a seagull's cry
I'll dip in the flowers with butterfly wings
or be in the wonder the snowdrop brings.
I'll be on the breeze as it cools your brow
or in the storm as the wind does howl.
I'll be in the rivers, I'll be in the trees
and live again in your memories.
I'll melt with the spirit of those gone before
and we'll dance in the wild wood with joy evermore.
Universal Energy
Until that time comes, Blessed Be.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 13, 2015 10:54 pm

eddie wrote:Posted by sassy:

Universal Energy
Universal Energy

Beautiful! I like this.

Post some more :-)
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Empty who says we dont have a sense of humour

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:55 pm

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Stoneh10

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 13, 2015 11:16 pm

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 12:53 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Pagan110

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 12:54 am

eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:Posted by sassy:

Universal Energy
Universal Energy

Beautiful! I like this.

Post some more :-)

Thanks, I'll have to write some more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 12:55 am

Like that one Vic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 1:00 am

although not specifically a pagan writing

this aught to be in every pagans mind

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

© Max Ehrmann 1927

Back to top Go down

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Empty daily devotional to set up atheists for the day

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 1:01 am

atheism still doesn't make the phrase "lost my faith" any easier to say. It sounds so negative. It sounds as if something that you value is no longer in your possession...I don't feel as if I have lost anything; instead it's just the opposite. I feel as if I have found something very valuable, indeed. I have found myself.

- Jerry DeWit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 1:07 am

OBJECTION.......

go start your own thread you you ....athiest you.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 1:11 am

Was out in the garden today, watching the changes in the trees and the birds, been mulling over in my head (always dangerous lol)

Spring, and the roots of the oak dig deep in the earth
and the earth nourishes it
The nourishment courses through it's sap
it unfurls, it's leaves uncurling, it's branches reaching out.
The bark of the tree gives a home to insects
the branches of the trees give a home to birds and squirrels
the blossom of the tree feeds the butterflies
the leaves of the tree feeds the bugs.

Autumn, and the tree begins to rest
it's leaves slowly spiral to earth
and the children play in them
the acorns fall and the squirrels collect them
the leaves as they rot come alive with insects
and their nourishment feeds the earth.
The cycle of life, the transforming of energies
The wheel turns, all changes, all stays the same

We go on, at whatever stage of the cycle we have reached
We go on.

Last edited by risingsun on Thu May 14, 2015 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 14, 2015 1:26 am

darknessss wrote:OBJECTION.......

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 1:41 am

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 14, 2015 1:52 am

korban dallas wrote:Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

lol! a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  1481518877 a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  1481518877 a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  1481518877
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 14, 2015 8:13 am

darknessss wrote:although not specifically a pagan writing

this aught to be in every pagans mind

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

© Max Ehrmann 1927

I don't have a religion as most of you know....but this I LOVE!
To be honest, I think the above is how I would describe "God's" words to all humans.

Going to nick this Vic x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 8:20 am

1. Life is about making an impact, not making an income. –Kevin Kruse

2. Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

3. Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

4. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.  –Robert Frost

5. I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse. –Florence Nightingale

6. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t t
ake. –Wayne Gretzky

7. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –Michael Jordan

8. The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. –Amelia Earhart

9. Every strike brings me closer to the next home run. –Babe Ruth

10. Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

11. Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being. –Kevin Kruse

12. Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon

13. We become what we think about. –Earl Nightingale

14.Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore, Dream, Discover. –Mark Twain

15.Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. –Charles Swindoll

16. The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. –Alice Walker

17. The mind is everything. What you think you become.  –Buddha

18. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. –Chinese Proverb

19. An unexamined life is not worth living. –Socrates

20. Eighty percent of success is showing up. –Woody Allen

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinkruse/2013/05/28/inspirational-quotes/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 14, 2015 8:34 am

Yeah, atheists don't really need any kind of daily devotion to set us up for the day. Knowing you're a member of the species closest to god-like that actually exists is kind of intoxicating on its own Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 9:44 am

darknessss wrote:a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Stoneh10

that's brilliant..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 10:44 am

darknessss wrote:a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Pagan110

I like this very much

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu May 14, 2015 11:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Yeah, atheists don't really need any kind of daily devotion to set us up for the day. Knowing you're a member of the species closest to god-like that actually exists is kind of intoxicating on its own Smile

To late Korben has Cool Cool Cool

Now I challenge thee non-believers Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

And Knowing that you are not even close to the closest to god like is even better tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Methuselah_large
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 15, 2015 6:24 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Celebrate-the-solstice-solstice-pagan-demotivational-poster-1261429553

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Dh_lawrence_pagan_quote_greeting_cards-r247de9afa5244b099d7cb975fc12304c_xvuak_8byvr_1024
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 11:35 am

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Seattle-earth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 12:56 pm

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  5bc6992bb8de98dfedacdc63ca441d9c

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 1:09 pm

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwIe-mnim0YofaF6D2YnmFKcFjrgycgctLS7A6suE7mA7VyzlA9A

Meditation frees your mind and takes you to the deep quiet place within, where all your troubles are forgotten and your essence soars like an eagle in flight. I bless the day I started back in the 60s, for I would not have been able to bear the curved balls life has thrown at me without it.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri May 15, 2015 3:30 pm

And here’s one of my own creations:

A PRAYER FOR PAGANS

Blessed be our Earth mother
          Who gave us  life.

Blessed be the gods of the deep seas
          Who fostered us.

Blessed be the gods of the elements
          Who breathed feeling into us.

Blessed be the goddess of our passions
          Who breathed desire into us.

Blessed be the gods of the worlds between
          Who gave us the gift of seeing
          And knowing the way.

Blessed be our guides and mentors,
         We pray you will be with us
         Night and day.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 3:57 pm

stardesk wrote:And here’s one of my own creations:

A PRAYER FOR PAGANS

Blessed be our Earth mother
          Who gave us  life.

Blessed be the gods of the deep seas
          Who fostered us.

Blessed be the gods of the elements
          Who breathed feeling into us.

Blessed be the goddess of our passions
          Who breathed desire into us.

Blessed be the gods of the worlds between
          Who gave us the gift of seeing
          And knowing the way.

Blessed be our guides and mentors,
         We pray you will be with us
         Night and day.

That is lovely Stardesk.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri May 15, 2015 8:30 pm

Thank you Nems. I've been writing poetry for years. I love our language, there is so much you can do with it.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Wrote this quick one when it was cold Stardesk:

Cold and ice
rather nice
curled in the warmth of the fire
Lack of sun
Not much fun
When a roof is all you desire.

Enjoyed the Prayer for Pagans

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Mother Moon is in the sky tonight
Might be that her silver light's for me
Could it be that she paves the way for me?

Mother Moon do you know my fate?
Tell me, where should I wait..oh oh
Send your chariot I won't be late oh no

Little lyric I wrote when I was about twelve. I had a little piano melody to go with it Hahahahaha
Funny how I can still remember the tune and the lyrics after all these years :-)
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 16, 2015 6:40 am

The only one I remember is "The Ballard of Eskimo Nell"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 9:33 am

The wind is stirring the leaves
and they whisper to me
I am life.
The sun is warming the flowers
and they whisper to me
I am life
The circle continues
The energy grows
I am life
I am life
I am life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 12:57 pm

stardesk wrote:Thank you Nems. I've been writing poetry for years. I love our language, there is so much you can do with it.

It is a beautiful language Stardesk, hope you will share some more with us Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 12:59 pm

eddie wrote:Mother Moon is in the sky tonight

Little lyric I wrote when I was about twelve. I had a little piano melody to go with it Hahahahaha
Funny how I can still remember the tune and the lyrics after all these years :-)

Aww thats lovely Edds, imagine remembering it after all these years!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 7:53 pm

veya_victaous wrote:a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Celebrate-the-solstice-solstice-pagan-demotivational-poster-1261429553

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Dh_lawrence_pagan_quote_greeting_cards-r247de9afa5244b099d7cb975fc12304c_xvuak_8byvr_1024

i love that picture , but not the message underneath Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat May 16, 2015 8:21 pm

how very odd that pagans are cool but christians aren't

they are after all different branches of the same tree.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 8:23 pm

ummmm....no

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat May 16, 2015 8:24 pm

ok christians never did human sacrifice. do you still do that or is it frowned on these days
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 8:34 pm

well its kinda frowned on these days for some reason....

however unlike christians,(and in general the abrahamic followers), pagans in general havnt been known for starting wars of anhillation over "whos god has a bigger dick"

we dont (unlike christians ) go round telling everyone else how to live (and especially we dont go round telling people OUR deities are minutely interested in your sex life)

oh ,,,and if we LIKE "your" god we will happily give him/her a nod too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 8:42 pm

did you know

pagan groups (like wiccans) were the first religious groups to fully accept gay marriage...even bfore it was made law gay pagans could have their union blessed by a priest or priestess

the same when "civil unions" were permitted

the rest (and law) has just caught up ....almost)

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Sat May 16, 2015 8:53 pm

Here you go, another one:

SONG TO NATURE

Mother of Pan, Nature,
hail to your opulent
kin of omnipotent
rainbowed rapture,
bent on incontinent
desires not indecent
like mortal rupture.

Lady of life, Flora,
accept this joyous praise
for the fragrant aura
your children raise.

For worlds revealed
to the Poet's eye,
shining bravely in congealed
societies that stupify.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat May 16, 2015 9:14 pm

darknessss wrote:well its kinda frowned on these days for some reason....

however unlike christians,(and in general the abrahamic followers), pagans in general havnt been known for starting wars of anhillation over "whos god has a bigger dick"

we dont (unlike christians ) go round telling everyone else how to live (and especially we dont go round telling people OUR deities are minutely interested in your sex life)

oh ,,,and if we LIKE "your" god   we will happily give him/her a nod too

well apart from a certain member here.
but aren't pagans just hippies with a hood these days
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 9:20 pm

hardly they are now recognised within law as a religion

the numbers are incresing

dont judge pagans by what you see on TV etc...

90% of pagans belong to groups that SEEK no publicity etc

there are many many different pagan groups

Oh and MOST of thhose fruit loops prancing round stonehenges on solstice nights havnt a clue.....

but hey ...they are harmless.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Each morning I sing the sun awake,

Each night I greet the moon's soft light.

The trees are the pillars of my church.

The stones my pews and pious altar.

I live as one with all the realms:

May the earth always support my body.

May the sky ever stretch above my head.

May the waters ever surround my spirit.

May I know the shape of the cosmos,

until my dying day,

And may I join it joyfully,

When that day has come.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 10:04 pm

the above was more "wiccan" than druid

here is "the" druid prayer

akin to the lords prayer as used by our christian fellows

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Druidp10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 10:11 pm

an alternative version

a wonderful daily devotional to set up pagans for the day  Druidp11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 10:19 pm

darknessss wrote:Each morning I sing the sun awake,

Each night I greet the moon's soft light.

The trees are the pillars of my church.

The stones my pews and pious altar.

I live as one with all the realms:

May the earth always support my body.

May the sky ever stretch above my head.

May the waters ever surround my spirit.

May I know the shape of the cosmos,

until my dying day,

And may I join it joyfully,

When that day has come.

Says everything, may we always live that way, till we blend with the energy of the universe and become the things we love.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 17, 2015 10:28 am

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:Mother Moon is in the sky tonight

Aww thats lovely Edds, imagine remembering it after all these years!

I know it's kind of odd sometimes how I remember things like that and yet forget what I went into my bedroom for Sad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 11:36 am

for eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next