NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

+11
HoratioTarr
Fuzzy Zack
SEXY MAMA
nicko
stardesk
Eilzel
Tommy Monk
veya_victaous
eddie
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
15 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 9 Empty A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2015 10:03 am

First topic message reminder :

May
Luke 13:11
And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.
Imagine being bowed over for 18 years. All you would see is the dust on the ground. That was the predicament of the woman in Luke 13. Dust was all her eyes fell on, all the time, everywhere she went, until she became dust-conscious. Thank God she finally saw the beautiful feet of Jesus, who brought her good news and raised her up.

Now, dust is the devil’s food. The Bible tells us that God cursed the devil to eat dust all the days of his life. (Genesis 3:14) Dust represents death. (Genesis 3:19) The devil wants you to be like him—to fall flat on your belly, crawl and eat dust. To eat dust is to feed on your shortcomings and lack, until you constantly feel that there is so much in your life that you need to clean up. You may not be physically bowed over, but like the woman, you become dust-conscious and life every day is a struggle.

Having a dust-consciousness also affects the way you see others. You look at people’s faults all the time. You point out their shortcomings and rake up their past failures. When you are dust-conscious, you find your relationships robbed of peace and joy.

And if you, like the woman, keep looking at the dust, before long, that inward position of dust-consciousness becomes so entrenched that you become the devil’s food because dust is what he eats. God’s Word describes him as being like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:Cool

If you don’t want to be devoured by him, then lift your eyes above the dust! Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat. See yourself the way God sees you—righteous and holy in Christ. (Colossians 3:12; 2 Corinthians 5:21) You are not dust because you are not in and of the flesh—you are in and of the Spirit. (Romans 8:9)

My friend, the more you realize who you are in Christ, the more you will straighten up and walk the way God sees you—a new creation with His authority, power and overcoming Spirit!

Thought For The Day
Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat.

Back to top Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 9 Empty Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:01 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So why go to the funeral at all then?

To make the point it was wrong.

I think that's awful.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 9 Empty Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:01 am

darknessss wrote:I think didge that you need to think hard just WHO a funeral service is for......

little things like why do we show respect for the dead (in general) regardless of what we actually think of the dead person

why do you think I found the reaction amongst some to thatchers death disgusting (since I couldnt stand the old trout)

do you not think that it was out of respect for her loved ones left, who were grieving ,

are THEY not the ones who mattered?

What respect was given to my brother by going against his dying wish that he did not want a Christian service?
Seriously, how on earth is that being respectful?
He grew up being forced into a school as the oldest to become a priest, at every turn he tried to have religion shoved down his throat and even in death he had it shoved down his throat.
So their grief meant more than his final wish, because they needed to believe in some myth and not his memory of how he lived to help them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:02 am

darknessss wrote:I think didge that you need to think hard just WHO a funeral service is for......

little things like why do we show respect for the dead (in general) regardless of what we actually think of the dead person

why do you think I found the reaction amongst some to thatchers death disgusting (since I couldnt stand the old trout)

do you not think that it was out of respect for her loved ones left, who were grieving ,

Oh me too - I couldn't believe that people could be so horrible.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:10 am

Belatucadros wrote:

What respect was given to my brother by going against his dying wish that he did not want a Christian service?
He grew up being forced into a school as the oldest to become a priest, at every turn he tried to have religion shoved down his throat and even in death he had it shoved down his throat.
So their grief meant more than his final wish, because they needed to believe in some  myth and not his memory of how he lived to help them?

the living are more important than the dead didge always....
whilst going against someones dying wishes is not something to be done lightly, sometimes it is a matter of "sensitivity" to others.
As I said, what possible harm could it do your brother?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:14 am

darknessss wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

So their grief meant more than his final wish, because they needed to believe in some  myth and not his memory of how he lived to help them?

the living are more important than the dead didge   always....
whilst going against someones dying wishes is not something to be done lightly, sometimes it is a matter of "sensitivity" to others.
As I said, what possible harm could it do your brother?

That works the same way, that what harm could it have done for my mother to respect his dying wish? She could have had a separate service for him. They even had a mass the night before for him. He is buried on the grounds of a Christian church, all against his wishes. How is that seriously respecting his memory Victor?
It is his life I remember and how this helps me deal with his loss.
So in other words religion forces its views now yet again to sensitivity.
Its wrong and morally wrong on ever factor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am

To make a scene at the actual funeral though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:20 am

Raggamuffin wrote:To make a scene at the actual funeral though.

Damn right I showed my disgust at what they were doing, because he died atheist.
Christians trying to in his death make him Christian again, imposing their ways.
That is wrong on every level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:20 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:To make a scene at the actual funeral though.

Damn right I showed my disgust at what they were doing, because he died atheist.
Christians trying to in his death make him Christian again, imposing their ways.

It gave your mother comfort - did that count for nothing?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:23 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

So again what gives Christians comfort counts more than the wish of someone dying, hence why in every aspect why religion is wrong. How is it giving her comfort, knowing full well she went against his wishes, she knows this too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:24 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So again what gives Christians comfort counts more than the wish of someone dying, hence why in every aspect why religion is wrong. How is it giving her comfort, knowing full well she went against his wishes, she knows this too.

Because you always have to be right and think that your opinion is more important that someone's feelings don't you?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:26 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Because you always have to be right and think that your opinion is more important that someone's feelings don't you?

This is a sensitive issue for me, do you not understand that?
I think my brothers dying wish is more important than a myth, that does not in fact comfort anyone, as how can she reconcile the fact he was atheist and her belief system would not allow him into heaven. Of which does plague her mind, so it has brought no comfort what so ever for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:30 am

Dont you think the comfort it brought your mother (however great or small) to be of greater value especially since it could do you brother no harm ?

as for being buried in a church yard again does it really, in the great scheme of things, warrant making a huge fuss about?

I mean, I donr want a christian burial but if thats what floats my survivors boat so be it it wont make any odds to me...

indeed if they bury me in consecrated ground AND the christians are right....I suspect the ground will spit me right back out......

on the other hand....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:34 am

Didge , didge ...she did what she thought was right at the time.....
no one can do otherwise
later, thinking may show that was not right

but the only harm done was????

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:35 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

This is a sensitive issue for me, do you not understand that?
I think my brothers dying wish is more important than a myth, that does not in fact comfort anyone, as how can she reconcile the fact he was atheist and her belief system would not allow him into heaven. Of which does plague her mind, so it has brought no comfort what so ever for her.

Perhaps the scene you made at the funeral upset her?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:35 am

and

mothers are ALWAYS right (even when they are wrong)......

didnt you know this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:38 am

darknessss wrote:Dont you think the comfort it brought your mother (however great or small) to be of greater value especially since it could do you brother no harm ?

as for being buried in a church yard again does it really, in the great scheme of things, warrant making a huge fuss about?

I mean, I donr want a christian burial  but if thats what floats my survivors boat so be it   it wont make any odds to me...

indeed if they bury me in consecrated ground AND the christians are right....I suspect the ground will spit me right back out......

on the other hand....

It has brought her no comfort though Victor, as she is tormented by the fact and her beliefs he is not in heaven dying atheist. This is about respecting someones dying wish, which I think is important which was denied to him all to comfort those of religious belief. It does matter to some people and it did matter to my brother, who was nearly forced into the priesthood. What love was shown to my brother in doing this? So yes it does warrant fuss Victor, as what you feel is different to how others feel or most importantly how my brother felt when alive
None, it was done so others could feel better about themselves within their own faith and beliefs. Its all well and good for you to say how you would feel, where again you did not know my brother. As I say it has left my mother in further anguish all of this.

Anyway, its been 2 years since he passed away and his memory of how he lived brings me the greatest comfort. At every turn we have to give into religious sensitivities.

Goodnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:40 am

darknessss wrote:and

mothers are ALWAYS right (even when they are wrong)......

didnt you know this?

Oh I know that Victor, don't I know that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:58 pm

Jun

Ephesians 1:7

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
Some Christians believe that although you have forgiveness of sins, you are not free from the penalties of your sins. In other words, you can still expect punishment from God. For example, some married Christian couples have been told that they are childless because God is punishing them for having had pre-marital sex. So although God has forgiven them of that sin, He still has to punish them for it.
I am certainly not for pre-marital sex, but I want you to know that God, who is the only one who can fully appreciate the full value of His Son’s blood and who is completely satisfied by His Son’s sacrifice, is at rest in His heart today concerning your sins! That is why He is not against you even when you fail. Neither is He out to punish you when you sin. No, He still loves you, is for you and wants to help you overcome that sin.
In the Old Testament, the blood of bulls and goats could only “cover” sins and not take them away. (Hebrews 10:4) But the blood of Jesus is not like the blood of animals! For by one sacrifice, the eternal blood of the Son of God has forever removed your sins (Psalm 103:12) and cleansed you of all unrighteousness! (1 John 1:9) In fact, God is so satisfied with His Son’s perfect work that He says to you today, “Your sins and lawless deeds I will by no means remember!” (Hebrews 10:17) And if God does not remember them, why would He punish you for them?
Beloved, you have “redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace”. Because Jesus’ work is complete, all your sins have been completely forgiven. And complete forgiveness means that the penalties for your sins can no longer fall on you because they had already fallen on Jesus at the cross. (Isaiah 53:5)
So don’t think for one moment that God is punishing you for some sin just because something bad happened to you. Look to the cross and know that all your sins have already been punished fully in the body of Christ. Believe that God is for you and expect victory!

Thought For The Day

Because Jesus’ work is complete, all your sins have been completely forgiven.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Afternoon all. I've just read through the last 2 pages and all I can say is: For goodness sake shut up, you daft lot of buggers. We all know something about some subjects but none of us knows everything about all subjects, therefore, and because this is a DEBATING FORUM, I pose questions in the hope of getting explanations to better help me forward. By asking the disabled question and hoping for a sensible, logical answer, it would help me to understand God and his workings, if there be a God.

As I've said before, if you religious people don't like being questioned then why start such a topic in the first place? I'm now a dedicated Evolutionist and I don't mind in the least being questioned about that. I don't take umbrage like some of you so grow up and stop being so defensive. Answer the questions don't keep side-stepping and diverting by being critical of a poster's personality.

Finally, before I jump in the bloody river in frustration, if you don't like your faith being questioned then clear off to a religious website or forum, there are plenty of them.

Arrrggghhh! 'Fag and coffee, Stardesk'? Now that's a good idea..
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:00 pm

stardesk wrote:Afternoon all. I've just read through the last 2 pages and all I can say is: For goodness sake shut up, you daft lot of buggers. We all know something about some subjects but none of us knows everything about all subjects, therefore, and because this is a DEBATING FORUM, I pose questions in the hope of getting explanations to better help me forward. By asking the disabled question and hoping for a sensible, logical answer, it would help me to understand God and his workings, if there be a God.

As I've said before, if you religious people don't like being questioned then why start such a topic in the first place? I'm now a dedicated Evolutionist and I don't mind in the least being questioned about that. I don't take umbrage like some of you so grow up and stop being so defensive. Answer the questions don't keep side-stepping and diverting by being critical of a poster's personality.

Finally, before I jump in the bloody river in frustration, if you don't like your faith being questioned then clear off to a religious website or forum, there are plenty of them.

The point is that you keep asking questions in this thread rather than doing so in the thread you specifically created to harass to ask Christians questions.

If you believed in God, you wouldn't need to ask the questions, and I really don't know why you have this burning need to know anyway, since you don't believe in God. If you don't like the answers you're getting, maybe you should clear off instead of telling others what they should do.

Perhaps you could answer my question - why do you need to know these things?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
stardesk wrote:Afternoon all. I've just read through the last 2 pages and all I can say is: For goodness sake shut up, you daft lot of buggers. We all know something about some subjects but none of us knows everything about all subjects, therefore, and because this is a DEBATING FORUM, I pose questions in the hope of getting explanations to better help me forward. By asking the disabled question and hoping for a sensible, logical answer, it would help me to understand God and his workings, if there be a God.

The point is that you keep asking questions in this thread rather than doing so in the thread you specifically created to harass to ask Christians questions.

If you believed in God, you wouldn't need to ask the questions, and I really don't know why you have this burning need to know anyway, since you don't believe in God. If you don't like the answers you're getting, maybe you should clear off instead of telling others what they should do.

Perhaps you could answer my question - why do you need to know these things?
If you believed in God, you wouldn't need to ask the questions??? er....Eh Crying or Very sad ......words actually fail me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:54 pm

I just praise the Lord that there is so much interest in the word of God...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:31 am

Jun

John 19:30

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.
What do you see when it comes to healing for your sick body, restoration for your failing marriage or breakthroughs for your financial woes? Do you see a finished work or a work that is yet to be completed?
God wants you to know that what you desperately need Him to do for you has already been done! Jesus’ finished work at the cross so satisfied the Father’s heart that from heaven’s throne came the pronouncement, “It is done!” (Revelation 16:17) in response to Jesus’ cry, “It is finished!” on earth. So God wants you to have this revelation that whatever you need Him to do for you has already been done because Jesus has accomplished it all for you.
If you need healing, know that your healing has been accomplished. If you need restoration for your marriage, know that your restoration has been accomplished. You are not going to die from any lack—you have been abundantly supplied. All these things have been accomplished, not by you, but by Christ alone!
My friend, if you are bothered by a pain in your body, God wants you to see your healing finished or accomplished for you by His Son’s death on the cross. If it is a loss or debt you face, or a certain sin that you are struggling with, believe that your provision, restoration and deliverance have been accomplished for you.
Don’t worry about what you see or feel, or the presence of contradicting reports. These are lying symptoms and though they may seem very real, they are temporal and not the truth. God’s Word is the truth and it will remain because it is eternal. And when you believe that only what God’s Word says about your situation is the truth, all the lying symptoms will eventually have to line up with His Word.
God the Son says, “It is finished!”
God the Father says, “It is done!”
What do you say?

Thought For The Day

Whatever you need God to do for you has been done because Jesus has accomplished it all for you at the cross.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:57 am

Morning all. Raggy, none of us knows everything, we all have gaps in our knowledge, therefore, and from my philosophical and metaphysical position I need to put various pointers in the right perspective. Thus enabling me to move forward in what interests me.

Therefore, and from your creationist position, please try to answer my question about disabled babies. HF has given an answer so I don't see why you can't, instead of being personal and judgemental.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:01 am

stardesk wrote:Morning all. Raggy, none of us knows everything, we all have gaps in our knowledge, therefore, and from my philosophical and metaphysical position I need to put various pointers in the right perspective. Thus enabling me to move forward in what interests me.

Therefore, and from your creationist position, please try to answer my question about disabled babies. HF has given an answer so I don't see why you can't, instead of being personal and judgemental.

I don't necessarily have a creationist position. If you want answers, you should learn how to ask questions in a courteous manner without being judgemental yourself. It's your whole attitude which I find a bit off - it's a bit "sneering".

Oh, and try to find the correct thread. You started one yourself - shouldn't be too hard for you to find.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

To make the point it was wrong.

I think that's awful.

I have been to a few funerals where although it was mentioned that the person wasn't a believer it gave comfort to the family who did beleive to at least think there was a chance that their loved one might make it to heaven . It's something that can help a loved one grieve with a little bit of hope of seeing their loved ones again .

My cousin was not a believer but his wife was and his funeral was in a church and it made her feel better knowing she gave her husband the best she knew how .

Last edited by Vicar of Dibley on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:43 pm

I'll,answer the question about disabled babies.
It's a tenfold one but I'll give a simplistic answer.

God doesn't interfere with nature.
Why would he?
How can he?
What would happen to man, if he did?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:03 am

eddie wrote:I'll,answer the question about disabled babies.
It's a tenfold one but I'll give a simplistic answer.

God doesn't interfere with nature.
Why would he?
How can he?
What would happen to man, if he did?

Morning Eddie

There is many problems with that approach.
The first of all is then this God clearly then does not care that children suffer and die.
It a God exists and we are created for a purpose, then the Child has served no purpose other than to make the parents of that child suffer; The child has suffered pain that they cannot comprehend or even understand; off the back of the last point, no child is going to learn from this experience, where at least leading an adult life people can learn from their mistakes.
The child's existence is there then only to place parents through the worst anguish possible.
If then God does not interfere with nature, he does not care that children suffer through nature.
More to the point why does then this God allow evil to happen and people to suffer on this earth?

The only conclusion, if God exists, he does not care to intervene or does care and is unable or powerful enough to intervene.
Just think about that for a moment.
We as parents create life, as God has meant to have done, by this argument we can intervene in many cases to help save our own creation and choose not to help them and allow them to suffer and die. Straight away thoughts of neglect or even abuse are thoughts that enter our minds when we see such children suffer through the inaction of parents. For example a child requires medical attention and the parents are inactive to do anything about this and the child suffers and dies. We rightly condemn such neglectful and abusive parents, but with this God, who is meant to have created us, we show the opposite and provide excuses for his neglect. We are talking about children here, of which a child is helpless without its creator, its parents. In other words we do not show the same comparative to a God, that we do to parents. So you ask if God intervenes, what would happen? Just ask yourself what happens when parents intervene for their child.

Of course like I have always said, it makes more sense to me if a God existed, it would not care, for the simple fact, the more intelligent something is, it would be devoid or have a need of emotions. The big bang was no more than an experiment to see if life could take hold using the right ingredients. Through such an experiment you could not interfere as you need to allow nature to take its course and we would just be seen like all other animals, no more special than any of the rest.

Also as to being fair, split the thread to debate this topic that Stardesk started, so this can be debated and allow the Christians their thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:36 am

OR that was their fate and the purpose of god's will is greater than a mortal comprehension.
and the suffering of the parent may promote the creation of a charity that finds the cure.
i don't believe in this one god but even the bible explain why this is possible due to humans not understanding god's motivations for allowing/creating events...

and Technically since he is omnipotent and omniscient he didn't 'allow the suffering" he directly caused the suffering in full knowledge of what he was doing.

Also if we are talking the biblical god? the one that demand the Collection of enemies foreskins??? WTF is this idea of kindness? read the bible god is ultra violent and really not forgiving or nice, one thing wrong BAM punished for all eternity, multiple generations dammed to hell for a youthful mistake (pre martial sex)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:45 am

Splitting this topic will take ages and I don't have time at the moment, due to moving house etc - sorry peeps.

If anyone would like this topic split can they make a request to another mod please?

Thanks x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:32 pm

Jun
Philippians 4:6–7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
When faced with a challenge or crisis, our tendency is to get all anxious about it. But God does not want us to react this way. He does not want us to be anxious about anything. Instead, whatever the problem is, He wants us to go to Him in prayer and supplication, telling Him what we need and thanking Him for the answer. When we do that, His peace, which surpasses all understanding, will guard our hearts and minds from all worries, anxieties and fears.

“Pastor Prince, it is easy for you to say, ‘Be anxious for nothing.’ Try living with my husband for one day. Try disciplining that wayward teenager of mine. Look at the balance in my bank account! How can I not be anxious?”

Hold it! I am not the one who said, “Be anxious for nothing.” The apostle Paul said it. Yet, it was not him—he was prompted by the Holy Spirit. And when Paul wrote that, he was a prisoner under house arrest in Rome. He had been sent to Rome because he had appealed to Caesar regarding his death sentence. The Jews in Jerusalem wanted him to be put to death. (Acts 28:16–20)

Yet, under those trying conditions, he wrote these words: “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”

My friend, if you are anxious or worried about something, remember those words. Let’s say that you are anxious about a huge debt. Go to the Lord and pray, “Lord Jesus, I no longer want to be anxious about this problem. I hand it over to You and ask for supernatural cancellation of this debt. It is in Your care now. You are in charge. I thank You for taking care of it.”

God is true to His Word. As you pray this prayer and cast your care to Him, you will find His peace setting your heart and mind at rest. So be anxious for nothing—let the One with whom nothing is impossible take care of it for you!

Thought For The Day
Cast your cares to God in prayer, and find His peace setting your heart and mind at rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:12 pm

veya_victaous wrote:OR  that was their fate and the purpose of god's will is greater than a mortal comprehension.
and the suffering of the parent may promote the creation of a charity that finds the cure.
i don't believe in this one god but even the bible explain why this is possible due to humans not understanding god's motivations for allowing/creating events...

and Technically since he is omnipotent and omniscient he didn't 'allow the suffering" he directly caused the suffering in full knowledge of what he was doing.

Also if we are talking the biblical god? the one that demand the Collection of enemies foreskins???  WTF is this idea of kindness? read the bible god is ultra violent and really not forgiving or nice, one thing wrong BAM punished for all eternity, multiple generations dammed to hell for a youthful mistake (pre martial sex)

Actually there is only one unpardonable sin and that is blashpheming the holy spirit. pre marital sex adultery murder bla bla bla is all forgiven . Look at King David in the bible he was a murderer an adulterer a liar and yet his sins were forgiven , the only thing King David suffered for his sins was the lack of joy from his salvation .

Psalm 51

1-Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
2-Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.
3-For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
4-Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.
5-Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6-Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
you taught me wisdom in that secret place.
7-Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8-Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9-Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.
10-Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11-Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12-Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
13-Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
so that sinners will turn back to you.
14-Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
you who are God my Savior,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15-Open my lips, Lord,
and my mouth will declare your praise.
16-You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17-My sacrifice, O God, isb a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise.
18-May it please you to prosper Zion,
to build up the walls of Jerusalem.
19-Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous,
in burnt offerings offered whole;
then bulls will be offered on your altar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:40 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:03
Jun
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
When faced with a challenge or crisis, our tendency is to get all anxious about it. But God does not want us to react this way. He does not want us to be anxious about anything. Instead, whatever the problem is, He wants us to go to Him in prayer and supplication, telling Him what we need and thanking Him for the answer. When we do that, His peace, which surpasses all understanding, will guard our hearts and minds from all worries, anxieties and fears.

“Pastor Prince, it is easy for you to say, ‘Be anxious for nothing.’ Try living with my husband for one day. Try disciplining that wayward teenager of mine. Look at the balance in my bank account! How can I not be anxious?”

Hold it! I am not the one who said, “Be anxious for nothing.” The apostle Paul said it. Yet, it was not him—he was prompted by the Holy Spirit. And when Paul wrote that, he was a prisoner under house arrest in Rome. He had been sent to Rome because he had appealed to Caesar regarding his death sentence. The Jews in Jerusalem wanted him to be put to death. (Acts 28:16–20)

Yet, under those trying conditions, he wrote these words: “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”

My friend, if you are anxious or worried about something, remember those words. Let’s say that you are anxious about a huge debt. Go to the Lord and pray, “Lord Jesus, I no longer want to be anxious about this problem. I hand it over to You and ask for supernatural cancellation of this debt. It is in Your care now. You are in charge. I thank You for taking care of it.”

God is true to His Word. As you pray this prayer and cast your care to Him, you will find His peace setting your heart and mind at rest. So be anxious for nothing—let the One with whom nothing is impossible take care of it for you!

Thought For The Day
Cast your cares to God in prayer, and find His peace setting your heart and mind at rest.

I'll just reply to this one. The bit about the debt doesn't mean that the debt will suddenly disappear, it means that you will stop fretting about it and find a way to deal with it yourself.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:03
Jun

Thought For The Day

I'll just reply to this one. The bit about the debt doesn't mean that the debt will suddenly disappear, it means that you will stop fretting about it and find a way to deal with it yourself.

I think it is sound advice not to worry as it does you know good, what will happen will happen, deal with it if and when it does happen..

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:43 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:OR  that was their fate and the purpose of god's will is greater than a mortal comprehension.

Also if we are talking the biblical god? the one that demand the Collection of enemies foreskins???  WTF is this idea of kindness? read the bible god is ultra violent and really not forgiving or nice, one thing wrong BAM punished for all eternity, multiple generations dammed to hell for a youthful mistake (pre martial sex)

Actually there is only one unpardonable sin and that is blashpheming the holy spirit. pre marital sex adultery murder bla bla bla is all forgiven . Look at King David in the bible he was a murderer an adulterer a liar and yet his sins were forgiven , the only thing King David suffered for his sins was the lack of joy from his salvation .

Psalm 51

1-Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
2-Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.
3-For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
4-Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.
5-Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6-Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
you taught me wisdom in that secret place.
7-Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8-Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9-Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.
10-Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11-Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12-Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
13-Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
so that sinners will turn back to you.
14-Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
you who are God my Savior,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15-Open my lips, Lord,
and my mouth will declare your praise.
16-You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17-My sacrifice, O God, isb a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise.
18-May it please you to prosper Zion,
to build up the walls of Jerusalem.
19-Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous,
in burnt offerings offered whole;
then bulls will be offered on your altar.

But you have to ASK for forgiveness and this was only really an option after Jesus Wink
if you don't then you get punished...

those quotes actually are part of my greater problem with 'abrahamism' the requirement to praise something that is all powerful, rather redundant since it is all powerful. Jehovah just seems a bit too needy Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:34 am

If I made an army of human-like robots and demanded that they constantly remind me of how much they love and worship me, what would that make me? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:18 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:If I made an army of human-like robots and demanded that they constantly remind me of how much they love and worship me, what would that make me? Smile

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 9 Clingy-boy
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:15 am

Here is a Christian perspective I found interesting to read:

Our ministry teaches abuse victims that they have permission to protect themselves.  The perpetrators that we discuss are abusers, not Godly Christians who might occasionally or inadvertently offend, and then not hesitate to apologize and repent.  Some people claim to be born-again Christians because they feel it allows them to feign innocence when victimizing others, but they are not in reality Spirit-filled children of God.

By definition, a TRUE  righteous Christian cannot be an abuser.  The Bible makes clear distinctions between the behavior of the children of God, children of the world, and children of Satan. Those who are sincerely trying to follow God and heed his word are just not going to have ONGOING PATTERNS of unacceptable behavior towards others.  An ungodly person will show behaviors which include control, manipulation, unlovingness, jealousy, envy, narcissism, selfishness, greed, exploitation, hostility, treachery,  dishonesty, etc, etc.- all exactly the opposite of the behavior of a real Christian.  One who is really heeding God’s word is not unloving and hurtful to others.  Victims have the right to protect themselves from such actions and/or words.

There are born-again Christians, who although they may have been saved decades earlier, have never become MATURE Christians and had what is sometimes referred to as their “Second Salvation”.  These folks display all the outer signs but not the inner signs.  They pray, read the Bible, attend church, etc., but they have no works- they do not serve or give.  They talk the talk but do not walk the walk.  They have received the benefit of being born again, which is salvation, but they do not do their part to balance the other half of the equation, which is giving something back, not just following, but WALKING WITH the Lord.  They do not heed his voice, and serve him by works, ministries, and loving others.  Their hearts may change a bit, and they will be satisfied with that, but their hearts do not change all the way to a heart of love.  They do not continue to grow in the Lord. They are not Spirit-filled.   Although technically “born-again”, they remain worldly and self-centered, and do not “dwell with God”.

A truly righteous Christian cannot by nature be a taker or a user.   He is a humble servant, who expresses his faith in his acts of love towards others.  He serves God by doing kindnesses for others.  He does not think that others exist for his use and benefit, and does not act as though the world revolved around him.  A true Christian is a giver, not a narcissist.  He does not victimize others, and so does not put himself in the position of needing the forgiveness needed by those we discuss on our website.

Another major difference is that an unrighteous person will not REPENT when he is rebuked.  Godly people accept rebuke, learn from it, make amends and change their ways.  Real Christians, who have goodwill and love in their hearts, and truly don’t mean to offend, have no problem doing this, and so could rightfully expect to be forgiven.  They do not make excuses for offensive behavior, they apologize and correct it.  But ungodly people show no remorse and have a variety of defenses for justifying behavior which hurts others.  When rebuked, they will deny, make excuses, pout, become defensive, lay on a guilt trip, display unrighteous anger, minimize their offense, claim it was a “misunderstanding”, turn it around and pretend to be offended, etc., etc.   They will blame the victim, or someone/something else, for their behavior, including the devil!  What they are overlooking is that they were given free will.  No one can say, “the devil MADE me do it”- the devil may tempt, but the human makes the ultimate choice.   Such people do not take responsibility for the hurt they have caused and  will not admit the victim is right to be hurt or offended by their actions.  These are the people our site is referring to.

The unrighteous are not humble, like true Christians are.  They are very prideful.  They do not want to admit they are just WRONG and they should not have done whatever they did.  They will do everything to avoid committing to a PERMANENT CHANGE in their behavior, as if it is not really under their control. They will say things like, “We BOTH are wrong” or “We have BOTH hurt each other”, when in reality the victim has done nothing wrong at all.   They may or may not grudgingly apologize, but they rarely CHANGE their ways.  In the Bible, those who do not listen to rebuke are referred to as “fools”, not  “righteous” , “Godly” or anything Christian-like, and we are instructed not to waste our time trying to reason with them.  We are admonished to stay away from those who will not listen to rebuke.

It is important to understand  that nowhere in the Bible are we instructed to “analyze” or “try to be understanding” of one whose actions are cruel or unloving.  Scripture very simply teaches us to rebuke if we have been offended, forgive if there is repentance, and have nothing to do with one who does not repent or listen to rebuke.  An abuser’s list of excuses (unhappy childhood, stress, trauma, drugs, alcohol, etc.) are meaningless and do not make his actions or words any less destructive.  No one has the right to inflict their issues on other people.  The “reasons” for unacceptable behavior don’t matter.  Christians are to take a stand against wickedness and all forms of evil. 
            There are even more Scriptures referring to the rebuke of a “brother” (fellow Christian) than there are about rebuking a non-Christian.  Children of God are held to an even higher standard than children of the world, and certainly higher than children of the devil.   A child of God is supposed to be setting an example for others, not behaving just as badly, or even worse than, everybody else.

She seems to sum up someone spot on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:32 am

Jun
1 Corinthians 1:27
But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
When you are faced with a big challenge, do you automatically look for the most powerful means to solve the problem? Well, my friend, that is not thinking the way God thinks. The Bible tells us that it pleases God to use what the world considers weak, foolish, base and despised to bring to nothing things which are mighty.

“What is that in your hand?” God asked.

“A rod,” Moses said. And with that rod, he performed miracles and confounded the might of Pharaoh.

“Five loaves and two fish,” a little boy said. And with that little boy’s lunch, Jesus fed 5,000 men, and his disciples gathered 12 baskets full of leftovers.

“The jawbone of an ass,” Samson said. And with that, he slew a thousand Philistines, who were the enemies of God’s people.

“Five stones and a sling,” said David the shepherd boy. And with one of his stones and the sling, he brought down Goliath, the mighty Philistine champion.

At a recent conference for Hokkien-speaking pastors, Pastor Mark, our Hokkien and Mandarin services pastor, realized how his spoken Hokkien pales in comparison to the refined and flawless Hokkien spoken by the other pastors there. Yet, it pleases God to use Pastor Mark’s colloquial Hokkien to lead many dialect-speaking folks, especially the elderly, to Christ.

Many of these elderly folks are testifying that for the first time in their lives, they are set free completely from fears of debilitating diseases, loneliness, deep-rooted superstitions, generational curses, the ravages of old age and even death.

My friend, don’t despise what seems weak and insignificant to the world. God can use them to bring down the giants in your life!

Thought For The Day
It pleases God to use weak, foolish, base and despised things of the world to bring to nothing things which are mighty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:45 am

Well foolish, base and despised are certainly words many would use to describe some of those who speak in the name of god Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:54 am

More nastiness on this thread I see.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:55 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think it is sound advice not to worry as it does you know good, what will happen will happen, deal with it if and when it does happen..

What I mean is that if you pray for help with your financial debt, the thing to pray for is a way to deal with it yourself, not to pray for the debt to disappear.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:56 am

Eilzel wrote:Well foolish, base and despised are certainly words many would use to describe some of those who speak in the name of god Smile

It would describe many athiests as well.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Well foolish, base and despised are certainly words many would use to describe some of those who speak in the name of god Smile

It would describe many athiests as well.

probably most if you added arrogant.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:46 pm

God is still the God of miracles now.

Martha did not believe that God could still give her a miracle when she needed one. This happened when her brother, Lazarus, died. By the time Jesus arrived, Lazarus had been dead for four days and she thought that the Lord was too late.

She said, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died" (John 11:21). And even when Jesus said that Lazarus would rise again, she replied, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day" (John 11:24).

Martha believed Jesus could perform miracles in the past and would do the same in the future, but she did not really believe He could give her a miracle when she needed it…right then.

Does that sound familiar? Like many believers today, Martha lived wishing that the past could be changed and hoping that the future would be better, but she didn’t realize that Jesus—the Lord of the here and now, the great "I AM"—was there to meet her present need in a miraculous way. The Bible calls Him our "very present help" in time of need (Psalm 46:1)!

Today, the Lord stands at the point of your need. What miracle do you need the great I AM to perform on your behalf?

Are you sick? Jesus is your healing (1 Peter 2:24).
Are you facing a situation of lack? Jesus is your unfailing supply (Philippians 4:19).
Are you in a place where no help seems available? Jesus is your very present help in time of trouble (Psalm 46:1).
Are you struggling to break free from a long-term addiction? Jesus has given you the victory (Romans 8:37).
Don’t look to yourself. Don’t focus on your circumstances. Whatever you need today, look to Jesus’ finished work and what He has purchased for you at the cross.

The miracles in Scripture build our faith because we know that Hebrews 13:8 promises: "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." If God did it before, He sure can do it again FOR YOU!

We’re so encouraged by the praise reports that pour in weekly testifying of the miracle-working power of God in the lives of our friends and partners. Let me share one example our ministry received from a lady who was diagnosed with stage-four cancer in the spring of 2014. She told us:

The cancer was in my bones and lymph nodes. The doctors said it was incurable…I felt deep despair when I heard the word "cancer," yet facing cancer caused me to go deep into the things of God. The revelation of God’s grace and our righteous standing before our holy God because of what Jesus Christ our Messiah has done for us on the cross was very real in my life because of the teaching of Joseph Prince. As I listened to Joseph Prince’s messages on healing, God’s power and His Word illuminated my heart. Jesus bore this cancer and pronounced my healing "finished" two thousand years ago. Everywhere Jesus went, He healed the sick, showing us the Father’s will. As the masses came to him, everyone He touched was healed of all kinds of diseases. And so in faith I declared, "Jesus, You have healed me!"

…In September 2014, I went for a positron emission tomography (PET) scan. I was totally cleared of all cancer. The places in my spine where there was cancer were healthy and my lymph nodes were back to normal. The doctor was so pleased and so moved by this miracle and just rejoiced with me!

Praise the Lord! We are receiving testimonies like this on a regular basis. Incurable sicknesses and diseases are being healed. Addictions are being broken. Marriages are being restored against all odds. God is still doing miracles today!

So, let me ask you:

What miracle are you in need of right now?

If you have a need in your life, remember that God is still in the miracle-working business. He loves you, and He is able and willing to do the miraculous in your life.

Believing with you,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:32 am

Jun
Exodus 15:26
…I am the Lord who heals you.”
Do you know that the first compound name that the Lord revealed to the Israelites after they came out of Egypt was Jehovah Rapha, the Lord who heals you? It was as if He was telling them, as they began their new life with Him, that He had already healed them of all the diseases and pains they suffered when they were in bondage in Egypt. Indeed, when He brought them out of Egypt, “there was none feeble among His tribes”. (Psalm 105:37)

Today, just as the Israelites were delivered from their bondage in Egypt and from slavery to Pharaoh, you have also been delivered from the bondage of sin and sickness, and from slavery to the devil, by the blood of the Lamb. And the Lord, who is the same yesterday, today and forever, still says to you, “I am the Lord who heals you.”

A church member, who was experiencing pain in her womb for several months, looked to Jesus as her healer even as she went to see a doctor, who performed an ultrasound scan on her womb. When told that she had two big tumors and several blood cysts in her womb, she continued to look to Jesus as her healer. The doctor then had her blood tested to see if the tumors were cancerous.

Three days later, she saw the doctor again and was told that the tumors were not cancerous. Not only that, but a second ultrasound scan also showed that all the cysts and one of the tumors had completely disappeared! The other tumor had also shrunk. Although she had taken medication, the doctor told her that based on the original size of the tumor, it should have taken months to shrink that much. He commented that this was the quickest healing he had ever seen!

Beloved, if the doctor has given you a bad report regarding your health, don’t despair. Look to Jesus and expect healing for your body. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is still Jehovah Rapha—the Lord who heals you!

Thought For The Day
Look to Jesus and expect healing for your body. He is still the Lord who heals you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:59 am

Jun
Deuteronomy 28:7
“The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.
Some people think that Jesus and the devil are always confronting and fighting each other. But when I read my Bible, I don’t see fights between the two. What I see is the devil having to flee whenever he encounters Jesus!

Consider the demoniac from the country of the Gadarenes in Luke 8:26–39. The demons in the man begged Jesus not to torment them or send them into the abyss, but to permit them to enter a herd of swine nearby.

You see, neither the devil nor his demons can stand before Jesus. They may be able to torment people for a while, but when Jesus comes on the scene, they know that that is the end of their stay. They will have to flee! All it took was just one word from Jesus, and the entire legion of demons had to come out of the man and flee into the swine.

As a child of God, you exude a spiritual fragrance which evil spirits can detect and which causes them to tremble. It is the life of Jesus inside you. And He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4) That is why no curse, spell, accusation, scandal or destruction planned against you can succeed. Your enemies may come against you one way, but the Lord will confuse them and cause them to flee before you seven ways!

Jesus paid with His life to give you this victory over your enemies. After His arrest in the garden of Gethsemane, the Jews and Gentiles were united for the first time with one common objective: Torture Jesus and have Him killed. King Herod of the Jews and Pontius Pilate of the Romans were long-time enemies, but because of Jesus, they became friends. (Luke 23:12)

My friend, Jesus’ enemies were united and had “victory” over Him. But because He triumphed over them through the cross and rose again, today, your enemies will be scattered and you will have victory over them!

Thought For The Day
Your enemies may come against you one way, but the Lord will confuse them and cause them to flee before you seven ways!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:15 pm

amen to that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:30 am

Jun
Deuteronomy 28:13
And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath…
One of our church members saw his sales performance hit rock bottom by the middle of the year. As a result, he was ranked 320 out of the 420 financial advisers in his company.

Devastated and on the verge of giving up, he started listening to my messages and claiming God’s promises such as “the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath” and “many who are first will be last, and the last first”. (Matthew 19:30)

He committed everything to God because he believed that only God could turn things around for him. And God did just that.

By the end of that year, he was ranked second in his branch and 10th in the whole company! He qualified for a trip for two to Barcelona, Spain, worth about S$20,000. That was not all. For the first time in his 12 years as a financial adviser, he qualified for the Million Dollar Round Table Award. Only the top six per cent of advisers in the entire industry qualify for this international award.

Beloved, when God makes you the head, you will end up on top of your circumstances. Consider the story of Joseph. (Genesis 39) Even when he was a slave, he was the head and not the tail because God prospered everything that he did.

“But Pastor Prince, when I look at my life, there are times when I am up and there are times when I am down. Yet, the Bible says that I will be above only. I don’t understand this.”

What you are going through is only temporal. Keep believing that you are above only and not beneath, even when you have hit rock bottom. It is God who always causes you to triumph in Christ. (2 Corinthians 2:14) You cannot cause yourself to triumph. Only God can and He has promised in His Word that you will be the head and not the tail, above only and not beneath. So believe His Word in spite of your circumstances and expect to see victory!

Thought For The Day
Even when you have hit rock bottom, keep believing God’s promise that you shall be above only and not beneath.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:02 am

thank you Lord for your word...

Jun
Ephesians 3:20
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
How much power is working in you right now? God’s Word says that there is “power that works in us”. It is a tremendous power that shakes the heavens and the earth because it comes from the throne of God, “who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think”! The problem, however, is that many of us don’t release that power.

God wants us to release that power because there are things that will not happen on earth until we do so. Jesus said that “whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven”. (Matthew 16:19) What Jesus is saying is that what you permit to happen, heaven will permit. What you disallow, heaven will disallow!

So how do we release God’s power in us? One way is to pray in tongues. When we allow His Spirit to make intercession for us (Romans 8:26), miracles happen.

Some time ago, the aunt of a church member underwent surgery to remove a diseased kidney. In spite of the surgery, the prognosis was poor. At home, the church member and his wife were prompted by the Spirit to release the power that works in them by praying in tongues for their aunt.

Back at the hospital, the aunt underwent further observation. When an X-ray of her abdominal area was taken, the doctor was shocked to find two healthy kidneys. Five other doctors were consulted who subsequently examined the aunt. At first, they thought that the surgeon who had performed the operation had made a mistake and did not remove the diseased kidney. But further investigation showed that the kidney had indeed been removed. They could not explain what had happened.

But the church member and his wife needed no explanation because they knew that when they released the power that worked in them, God did exceedingly abundantly above all that they could ask or think—He gave their aunt a new kidney.

Beloved, He can do the same for you when you pray in the Spirit and release the power that works in you!

Thought For The Day
When we allow the Holy Spirit to make intercession for us by praying in tongues, miracles happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next