NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

+11
HoratioTarr
Fuzzy Zack
SEXY MAMA
nicko
stardesk
Eilzel
Tommy Monk
veya_victaous
eddie
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
15 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 6 Empty A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2015 10:03 am

First topic message reminder :

May
Luke 13:11
And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.
Imagine being bowed over for 18 years. All you would see is the dust on the ground. That was the predicament of the woman in Luke 13. Dust was all her eyes fell on, all the time, everywhere she went, until she became dust-conscious. Thank God she finally saw the beautiful feet of Jesus, who brought her good news and raised her up.

Now, dust is the devil’s food. The Bible tells us that God cursed the devil to eat dust all the days of his life. (Genesis 3:14) Dust represents death. (Genesis 3:19) The devil wants you to be like him—to fall flat on your belly, crawl and eat dust. To eat dust is to feed on your shortcomings and lack, until you constantly feel that there is so much in your life that you need to clean up. You may not be physically bowed over, but like the woman, you become dust-conscious and life every day is a struggle.

Having a dust-consciousness also affects the way you see others. You look at people’s faults all the time. You point out their shortcomings and rake up their past failures. When you are dust-conscious, you find your relationships robbed of peace and joy.

And if you, like the woman, keep looking at the dust, before long, that inward position of dust-consciousness becomes so entrenched that you become the devil’s food because dust is what he eats. God’s Word describes him as being like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:Cool

If you don’t want to be devoured by him, then lift your eyes above the dust! Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat. See yourself the way God sees you—righteous and holy in Christ. (Colossians 3:12; 2 Corinthians 5:21) You are not dust because you are not in and of the flesh—you are in and of the Spirit. (Romans 8:9)

My friend, the more you realize who you are in Christ, the more you will straighten up and walk the way God sees you—a new creation with His authority, power and overcoming Spirit!

Thought For The Day
Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat.

Back to top Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 6 Empty Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So you acknowledge that some people use the term "white trash" as an insult then?

Thanks. Wink

Yeah, the vast majority of them are white -- which I told you when you were first astonished by the term ...

Well how do you know that the majority of people who use the word "queer" aren't gay?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 6 Empty Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 12:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Yeah, the vast majority of them are white -- which I told you when you were first astonished by the term ...

Well how do you know that the majority of people who use the word "queer" aren't gay?

if they use the words on themselves why can't others???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 6:25 pm

darknessss wrote:ERM.......

Didnt we establish that this thread, and the pagan equivalent were there EXACTLY for what the title suggests???

NOT a place to wage war on/challenge others beliefs........there are plenty of other threads to do that...

would you walk into a church and disrupt a service?

would you out of dislike and ignorance (the pig ignorant kind) disrupt a wiccan ritual?

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Thu May 28, 2015 9:14 pm

Hi folks. Let's clear up one mistake first. On the previous page I think it was Raggy who refered to me as 'she.' Sorry to dissapoint you sunshine but no way. I'm a straight male, top to bottom.

As for reading what's between the pages, oh ha ha, who is it that reads a book that leads them to believe in a faith which has fallacies and myths as its foundation?

As regards my initial comments about handicapped children, I did expect some kind of educated response and explanation. It seems I was wrong.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 28, 2015 9:36 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi folks. Let's clear up one mistake first. On the previous page I think it was Raggy who refered to me as 'she.' Sorry to dissapoint you sunshine but no way. I'm a straight male, top to bottom.

As for reading what's between the pages, oh ha ha, who is it that reads a book that leads them to believe in a faith which has fallacies and myths as its foundation?

As regards my initial comments about handicapped children, I did expect some kind of educated response and explanation. It seems I was wrong.

I'm not disappointed, I just thought you were female. A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 6 2190311264

I don't really care what gender you are - you're still rude.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
stardesk wrote:Hi folks. Let's clear up one mistake first. On the previous page I think it was Raggy who refered to me as 'she.' Sorry to dissapoint you sunshine but no way. I'm a straight male, top to bottom.

I'm not disappointed, I just thought you were female. A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 6 2190311264

he likes the sound of his own voice a bit like didge... Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 9:41 am

May

Leviticus 1:4

Then he shall put his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it will be accepted on his behalf to make atonement for him.
Imagine the perfection of Jesus covering you from head to toe in the sight of God every moment of the day. Does that sound like a dream? My friend, that is your reality today because Jesus became your burnt offering at the cross.
In the case of the burnt offering, when the offerer lays his hand on the animal sacrifice (Leviticus 1:3–4), the perfection and beauty of the unblemished sacrifice is transferred to him, and God sees and accepts him in the perfection of the animal.
In Hebrew, the word “accepted” implies being treated with favor, delight and acceptance. This means that you, for whom Jesus became a burnt offering, are treated by God with favor, delight and acceptance because the beauty and perfection of Jesus have been transferred to you. As your burnt offering, Jesus has made atonement for you on your behalf.
Jesus is your atonement or covering for sin. How precious Jesus is to the Father is how precious you are to the Father because when the Father sees you, He sees Jesus, your atonement, your covering.
So every day, take Jesus as your burnt offering. Come to God and say, “Father, I thank You that Jesus is my burnt offering. He covers me from head to toe with His righteousness. I thank you Father, that You see me without spot or wrinkle. You see me covered in all the value and perfection of the work of Your Son. What He is to You, I am. Who He is to You, I am. As He is now, so am I. I am in Him!” (1 John 4:17)
Jesus has you covered. You don’t appear before the Father with all your faults and shortcomings. Jesus proclaims to you what is right with you in spite of what is wrong with you because He has covered you with His perfection. Today, hear Him telling you, “Go, girl! I have you covered. There is nothing for you to worry about!” Hear Him saying to you, “Go for it, son! I am covering you. There is nothing for you to fear!”

Thought For The Day

You are treated by God with favor, delight and acceptance because the beauty and perfection of Jesus have been transferred to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri May 29, 2015 3:16 pm

And that still does not answer my question as to why many babies are born handicapped. If God loves us then why does he allow that to happen? Babies are innocent victims and God's love should surely counteract any of those malfunctions. Or, from my evolutionist standpoint, is it a genetic reaction from their ancestors and parents? Which of course excuses God from doing anything about it.

Thus spoke HF from his pulpit:
'he likes the sound of his own voice a bit like didge...'

And who fills the pages with quotes from an ancient, fallacious, mythological book?
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 3:59 pm

some people just dont get it do they....... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 4:26 pm

stardesk wrote:And that still does not answer my question as to why many babies are born handicapped. If God loves us then why does he allow that to happen? Babies are innocent victims and God's love should surely counteract any of those malfunctions. Or, from my evolutionist standpoint, is it a genetic reaction from their ancestors and parents? Which of course excuses God from doing anything about it.

And who fills the pages with quotes from an ancient, fallacious, mythological book?
well there is your answer as far as you are concerned genetic reaction has caused the fault.... or mutation if you like the very mutations which allegedly made us what we are today... Smile
don't read the thread it is clearly labelled if you don't like it don't post...

if you walk in to a known gay bar don't complain it's full of queers..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 6:27 pm

stardesk wrote:And that still does not answer my question as to why many babies are born handicapped. If God loves us then why does he allow that to happen? Babies are innocent victims and God's love should surely counteract any of those malfunctions. Or, from my evolutionist standpoint, is it a genetic reaction from their ancestors and parents? Which of course excuses God from doing anything about it.

You don't have to participate in this thread ,it cleary says it is a 'daily devotional for Christians '

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

agree

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri May 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Dibley, dear friend, quoting you: 'You don't have to participate in this thread , it cleary says it is a 'daily devotional for Christians '

Then why, may I ask, have that kind of subject in an open forum, where you know very well you will receive some contrary comments, such as mine from a different perspective to your own. I have no objection to the odd religious comment, fair enough, we all believe in something that others may not, but you're filling the pages from top to bottom. Wouldn't it be better to go to a religious forum where you'll be amongst like-minded people?

Finally, would you tell your hubby, HF, I have never, and would not knowingly, go into a gay bar. OK? Just because I think differently to you people it doesn't mean I'm Gay.

Probably misquoted but: 'You who are innocent, cast the first stone.'
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:10 am

May

Deuteronomy 28:10

Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they shall be afraid of you.
Today, we are called by the name of Christ—Christians. Therefore, the blessing of Deuteronomy 28:10, which says, “Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord” is no longer just a promise but reality!
The second part of the verse—“and they shall be afraid of you”—is also true for you. People will respect you. Your boss will favor you and even your competitors will esteem you highly. They know that there is something special about you because good things happen when you are around!
I experienced this blessing when I first started working. I worked in a small third-floor office which constantly smelled of salted fish because there was a salted fish stall on the ground floor. It was in that small, dingy office that I kept on confessing that I was blessed by the Lord, and I experienced divine favor with my clients. My boss could see that there was something different about me.
The company’s business flourished and before long, we moved out of that small office to a building which in the mid-eighties was considered an information technology hub. There, we occupied a couple of offices, and started specializing in computer software and courses. Soon, we occupied the entire floor! That was how much God was prospering us.
God was also blessing me tremendously. I was drawing a very good monthly income, enjoying the favor of my boss and was in his inner circle. A few years later, I decided to go into full-time ministry. When I broke the news to my boss, he cried. I never knew how much I meant to him until then. It was only then that I realized what a blessing I had been to him by the grace of God.
Beloved, because you are also called by the name of the Lord, wherever you go, you are a blessing. His blessing is on you. The people around you will look at you and know that you are a blessing going somewhere to happen!

Thought For The Day

Because the blessing of the Lord is upon you, good things happen when you are around!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:13 am

stardesk wrote:Dibley, dear friend, quoting you: 'You don't have to participate in this thread , it cleary says it is a 'daily devotional for Christians '

Then why, may I ask, have that kind of subject in an open forum, where you know very well you will receive some contrary comments, such as mine from a different perspective to your own. I have no objection to the odd religious comment, fair enough, we all believe in something that others may not, but you're filling the pages from top to bottom. Wouldn't it be better to go to a religious forum where you'll be amongst like-minded people?

Finally, would you tell your hubby, HF, I have never, and would not knowingly, go into a gay bar. OK? Just because I think differently to you people it doesn't mean I'm Gay.

the point dibs was making was if you do not like the subject stay away, it is that simple, as was my point..
if you click on a thread about a daily devotional for Christians you cannot complain to find  uplifting Christian teachings or quotes...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 30, 2015 8:17 am

So sad that people should think that the things that set them apart and distinguish them among their peers are not their own special attributes, but something that was given to them.

My daily affirmation is that it is you that makes you special -- not some spirit. You, your loved ones and your own mind are what made you unique. If you're special or talented in any way, thank your parents, your family, your friends, and yourself for being born and raised and having become a special and unique human being. Don't let anybody take that from you, or claim your value for anybody or anything else -- it's yours and yours alone.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:20 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
stardesk wrote:Dibley, dear friend, quoting you: 'You don't have to participate in this thread , it cleary says it is a 'daily devotional for Christians '

the point dibs was making was if you do not like the subject stay away, it is that simple, as was my point..
if you click on a thread about a daily devotional for Christians you cannot complain to find  uplifting Christian teachings or quotes...

Do you stay away fro topics you do not like?
No, so you are just contradicting yourself.
Stardesk has as much right as you to comment on here.
As to uplifting, well that is subjective to say the least, as its more views and interpretations you post of some charlatan called Joseph Prince. Which could easily be argued that if anything it is right to counter you trying to fool people in listening to this idiot who scams people out of money. Who's only real love is money

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 30, 2015 8:23 am

Everybody here has the right to comment upon every thread here.

All in the name of EQUALITY, mind!

lol!

(sorry Tommy)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:26 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Everybody here has the right to comment upon every thread here.

lol!

(sorry Tommy)

But Ben

Are you not forgetting something?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 30, 2015 8:29 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Everybody here has the right to comment upon every thread here.

lol!

(sorry Tommy)

But Ben

Are you not forgetting something?

lol!

Oh god, the hard returns!

Sorry, dude.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:47 am

I'm saying that it has been noted by others on here that this thread is being gate crashed because it is Christian, have you been on the pagan thread yet asking questions ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:52 am

Belatucadros wrote:

As to uplifting, well that is subjective to say the least, as its more views and interpretations you post of some charlatan called Joseph Prince. Which could easily be argued that if anything it is right to counter you trying to fool people in listening to this idiot who scams people out of money. Who's only real love is money

you're not sticking to the topic though that's the point, why don't you and startdesk just stop trying to cause upset because its clear that is what's happening.

I just find it strange that unbelivers want to constantly be where believers are . Is it that you really want to be a Christian but are too afraid to admit it ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 8:57 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

you're not sticking to the topic though that's the point, why don't you and startdesk just stop trying to cause upset because its clear that is what's happening.

I just find it strange that unbelivers want to constantly be where believers are . Is it that you really want to be a Christian but are too afraid to admit it ?

To be honest Dibs I have no issue with a devotional thread.
I do off the views of Joseph Prince, who to me robs people of their money.
If the thread has nothing to do with him then I am happy to leave alone for you, but I also have a right to defend stardesk from where I see people ganging up on him for having an opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:02 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

If the thread has nothing to do with him then I am happy to leave alone for you, but I also have a right to defend stardesk from where I see people ganging up on him for having an opinion.

Most of JP's dvd's are free all you pay for is the postage .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:04 am

I mean lets be honest here didge, everthing we do or want to be apart of costs us money somehow. The internet suppliers virginmedia for an example how many millions are we helping Richard make through paying for the service, he is a Christian so i believe so is he robbing people of their money ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:06 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Most of JP's dvd's are free all you pay for is the postage .

That may well be the case Dibs but he certainly is a very rich man out of doing this, which I find at odds really with the moral teachings of Jesus. That shows to me more an ulterior motive to make money.
Anyway, I have said my peace and will leave you to inspire each other with good views Jesus expressed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:08 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:I mean lets be honest here didge, everthing we do or want to be apart of costs us money somehow. The internet suppliers virginmedia for an example how many millions are we helping Richard make through paying for the service, he is a Christian so i believe so is he robbing people of their money ?

Of course many people are out to make money Dibs, but he is doing this off the views of someone who taught people to give up their worldly possessions. It sort of contradicts the core message. I feel the same in regards to the Catholic Church who are super rich based off people wrongly thinking they have to give their worldly goods to the church.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:15 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:I mean lets be honest here didge, everthing we do or want to be apart of costs us money somehow. The internet suppliers virginmedia for an example how many millions are we helping Richard make through paying for the service, he is a Christian so i believe so is he robbing people of their money ?

Of course many people are out to make money Dibs, but he is doing this off the views of someone who taught people to give up their worldly possessions. It sort of contradicts the core message. I feel the same in regards to the Catholic Church who are super rich based off people wrongly thinking they have to give their worldly goods to the church.

Jesus said to do that to see if they really believed because it is very difficult to give away your riches , you can bet your life though that those who gave away everything to follow Jesus would have got it back ten fold , a double blessing.

Many times we have given our last fiver away when we had nothing and we always got back double or more its the way the blessing works when it is from a cheerful giver .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:21 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Jesus said to do that to see if they really believed because it is very difficult to give away your riches , you can bet your life though that those who gave away everything to follow Jesus would have got it back ten fold , a double blessing.

Many times we have given our last fiver away when we had nothing and we always got back double or more its the way the blessing works when it is from a cheerful giver .

This is the problem though Dibs with material wealth, people see it as a reward even in the after life. That again makes no sense, as true happiness comes from within. I have no doubt you help many people Dibs of which I commend you for doing so. To me though the problem is how humans need material wealth to subscribe to happiness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:30 am

well you're just discrediting Christians didge because you feel they should be athieists , why can't you accept that people are happy and peaceful believing what they do. As for your theory of having no possessions that's not possible in anyone's world, we need a certain amount of possessions to be able to live , even someone living in a jungle will have something that they treasure .

You must feel very bitter towards the elite then as they have everything and more money than they need ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:41 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:well you're just discrediting Christians didge because you feel they should be athieists , why can't you accept that people are happy and peaceful believing what they do. As for your theory of having no possessions that's not possible in anyone's world, we need a certain amount of possessions to be able to live , even someone living in a jungle will have something that they treasure .

You must feel very bitter towards the elite then as they have everything and more money than they need ?

You are mistaken Dibs, I discredit Christianity because of the fact I once was spoon fed this growing up and only want people to see how I once saw the same contradictions and wrongs I find within that faith. That is no different from you or any other Christian trying to convert someone to that faith. So the same point would apply to you would it not to accept others if they are happy believing what they believe?
Again I have no real problem with how many people view and follow Christianity as it is based off most of the good things Jesus taught.

Not saying people should give up all their possessions, that was the views of Jesus, which as seen by the wealth accumulated by the likes of the Catholic Church clearly contradict this teaching. My point is you do not "need" material wealth in order to be happy. We all need things in order to survive, but many things are just for pleasure which people mistakenly believe they need in order to be happy. I am not bitter in regards to anyone who has made their money and wealth through honest hard work. I do not see people who play off religious teachings to make money as honest hard work, but manipulating people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 11:36 am

Belatucadros wrote:

the person asked to give up all his wordly possessions was for very good reason, the story had a reason.
the bible does not say you have to be poor if you believe...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Belatucadros wrote:

the person asked to give up all his wordly possessions was for very good reason, the story had a reason.

Yes it had a reason, one which he did to set an example for people to follow. The reality is when Christians do this, they do this based off knowing they will be rewarded and thus the action is self motivated.

Mark 10:21 ESV / 57 helpful votes

And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.

It then loses all its reason to help the poor because you will become rich later off this, so it is claimed.
It does not say you have to be poor, but the odds when rich are very slim to say the least.

Matthew 19:24 ESV / 19 helpful votes

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

Joseph Prince is rich and off the back of manipulating Christians.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Sat May 30, 2015 9:12 pm

Evening folks. First of all thanks to Didge for the support and encouragement. Very often, because of no logical feedback to my questions, I'm tempted to clear off to another forum. But I've come to know you people and don't really want to do that. So, can we leave out the personality cult and move forward.

Ben, you're quite right, we have to take stock of ourselves, delve into ourselves and find out what we are capable of, who am I? What can I achieve in life? Am I doing it right? There are so many niches in our minds and we must delve into them, and become ME, not a tool, not a wrongly taught pupil of life. On this world there are thousands of people who look like us, doubles. But, out of the millions of people on this planet there is only one YOU. And to that you, you must be loyal.

Dibs dear lady, I was braught up a good Christian, I loved God, the Church, and everything to do with religion, until I started delving into other faiths, in the hopes of better understanding of God. I went to an Islamic Cultural centre where I learned about Islam, I attended Spiritualist meetings and even spoke from the platform, I studied Buddhism and learned deep meditation, (now that is a wonderful experience.) I visited a Catholic priest several times to learn more about Catholicism. I've studied Paganism and yes I've had a look and commented in the pagan topic. And finally went to a Jehovah's Witness hall, where I realised just how much religious people were being brain-washed. The Minister asked a question of the congregation, I put up my hand and gave a perfectly logical answer. An old lady sitting beside me tapped my arm and said: 'Oh no, that's not the answer. Look, it's here at the bottom of the page.' And that page was in one of their magazines, Watchtower. Finally, and this is what put everything into the correct perspective, I studied mythology, which answered all my questions and queries about God. Now I feel it is my duty to try to help other people find their own way in life.

Right, having unburdened my soul, and forgive me for that, perhaps now you'll understand why I asked the question why are babies born deformed and handicapped if God loves us? You religious people surely must have an answer.

Right, I'm off to make a coffee while I await your replies.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:16 pm

stardesk wrote:Evening folks. First of all thanks to Didge for the support and encouragement. Very often, because of no logical feedback to my questions, I'm tempted to clear off to another forum. But I've come to know you people and don't really want to do that. So, can we leave out the personality cult and move forward.

Ben, you're quite right, we have to take stock of ourselves, delve into ourselves and find out what we are capable of, who am I? What can I achieve in life? Am I doing it right? There are so many niches in our minds and we must delve into them, and become ME, not a tool, not a wrongly taught pupil of life. On this world there are thousands of people who look like us, doubles. But, out of the millions of people on this planet there is only one YOU. And to that you, you must be loyal.

Dibs dear lady, I was braught up a good Christian, I loved God, the Church, and everything to do with religion, until I started delving into other faiths, in the hopes of better understanding of God. I went to an Islamic Cultural centre where I learned about Islam, I attended Spiritualist meetings and even spoke from the platform, I studied Buddhism and learned deep meditation, (now that is a wonderful experience.) I visited a Catholic priest several times to learn more about Catholicism. I've studied Paganism and yes I've had a look and commented in the pagan topic. And finally went to a Jehovah's Witness hall, where I realised just how much religious people were being brain-washed. The Minister asked a question of the congregation, I put up my hand and gave a perfectly logical answer. An old lady sitting beside me tapped my arm and said: 'Oh no, that's not the answer. Look, it's here at the bottom of the page.' And that page was in one of their magazines, Watchtower. Finally, and this is what put everything into the correct perspective, I studied mythology, which answered all my questions and queries about God. Now I feel it is my duty to try to help other people find their own way in life.

Right, having unburdened my soul, and forgive me for that, perhaps now you'll understand why I asked the question why are babies born deformed and handicapped if God loves us? You religious people surely must have an answer.

Right, I'm off to make a coffee while I await your replies.

Hi Stardesk

No problems. You have every right to ask valid questions around any belief system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Belatucadros wrote:

I say to you: It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

So it kind of does

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:21 pm

korban dallas wrote:
I say to you: It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

So it kind of does

Great minds think alike, just used the very same verse.  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Luke 12:33

Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

James 5:1-6
Warning to the Rich

5 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. 2 Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. 3 Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. 4 Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. 5 You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. 6 You have condemned and murdered the righteous person. He does not resist you.

Timothy 6:10

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

So it kind of does

Embarassed sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:30 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:

Embarassed sorry

Dude, you have nothing to apologize for buddy. It shows how we were both thinking at the same time, on the same level and understanding of Christianity ourselves.
Like I said, great minds think alike.

Have a good evening mate.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Belatucadros wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Embarassed sorry

Dude, you have nothing to apologize for buddy. It shows how we were both thinking at the same time, on the same level and understanding of Christianity ourselves.
Like I said, great minds think alike.

Have a good evening mate.

Laughing
And fools seldom differ fortunately we are both great minds:shock: Embarassed Wink  

And a thought for the religiously disadvantaged  ......actually its a memory

if Christians and to be fair all the other religions  stop telling' people it's all sorted out after they're dead, they might try sorting it all out while they're alive. ”

paraphrased from
― Terry Pratchett, Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch

Last edited by korban dallas on Sat May 30, 2015 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:44 pm

“There were people who called themselves Satanists who made Crowley squirm.

It wasn't just the things they did, it was the way they blamed it all on Hell.
They'd come up with some stomach-churning idea that no demon could have thought of in a thousand years, some dark and mindless unpleasantness that only a fully-functioning human brain could conceive, then shout

"The Devil Made Me Do It" and get the sympathy of the court when the whole point was that the Devil hardly ever made anyone do anything.

He didn't have to.

That was what some humans found hard to understand. Hell wasn't a major reservoir of evil, any more than Heaven, in Crowley's opinion, was a fountain of goodness; they were just sides in the great cosmic chess game.

Where you found the real McCoy, The real grace and the real heart-stopping evil, was right inside the human mind.”
― Terry Pratchett, Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 30, 2015 10:05 pm

Well this is cosy isn't it? Cool

Stardesk, if you want to treat faith like a catalogue from which you pick and choose which one to follow, that's up to you, but do not presume that others want to do that.

You have no duty to teach me anything, and I don't need you to.

To the three of you, do not presume that Christians are stupid. That is very presumptuous of you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well this is cosy isn't it? Cool

Stardesk, if you want to treat faith like a catalogue from which you pick and choose which one to follow, that's up to you, but do not presume that others want to do that.

To the three of you, do not presume that Christians are stupid. That is very presumptuous of you.
but that`s what religion and ALL its followers do pick and choose what interpretation to follow or what rules to follow. that`s why they are so many "Christian" off shoot religions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 10:14 pm

"To the three of you, do not presume that Christians are stupid. That is very presumptuous of you".

I for one do not think you are stupid Raggs far from it .

But
when it comes to religion i think your still in the dark ages just like my sister "Roman catholic convert " that she is

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 30, 2015 10:18 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Well this is cosy isn't it? Cool

but that`s what religion and ALL its followers do pick and choose what interpretation to follow or what rules to follow. that`s why they are so many "Christian" off shoot religions

I'm referring to all the different religions which Stardesk mentioned - including Islam, Buddhism, whatever. Some people look at them all of course, and then choose the one they like best, but it's not like that for everyone.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 30, 2015 10:19 pm

korban dallas wrote:"To the three of you, do not presume that Christians are stupid. That is very presumptuous of you".

I for one do not think you are stupid Raggs far from it .

But
when it comes to religion i think your still in the dark ages just like my sister "Roman catholic convert " that she is

Well that's your opinion ...

I'm not in the dark ages, I can assure you.

Thanks for the first bit though. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 30, 2015 10:25 pm

stardesk wrote:Evening folks. First of all thanks to Didge for the support and encouragement. Very often, because of no logical feedback to my questions, I'm tempted to clear off to another forum. But I've come to know you people and don't really want to do that. So, can we leave out the personality cult and move forward.

I know how you feel. I feel like that too - this constant nagging on here for Christians to answer questions and justify their faith is getting on my nerves.

HF and VOD don't seem to mind, but I object to this constant implication that you and certain people on here are better than others because you don't have religious faith.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Rags I find myself agreeing with you a lot.

Star, I too, "studied" various religions when I was young - I read a lot of "(enter religion) for the dumb"

I liked Buddhism and also Hinduism bit none enough to follow to the letter.

I'm not religious but I'm certainly a believer in "God" whatever that form or thought may take.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 30, 2015 10:31 pm

You see, you all talk about Buddhism as if all Buddhists agree with each other. They do not - they have different versions of it. Look up New Kadampa Tradition.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next