NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you argue more on forums than in real life?

+9
gelico
Andy
JulesV
eddie
Fred Moletrousers
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Maddog
Syl
13 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 2 Empty Do you argue more on forums than in real life?

Post by Syl Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's probable more subjects are up for discussion on a forum, and obviously we are communicating with people from different backgrounds and different cultures.
So, it wouldn't be surprising if you crossed swords more with people online than you would when discussing topics with family and friends in your local area.
But are you more patient and restrained with people when you discuss, argue, or debate a topic if someone is in the same room?

For instance....when (in the real world) did a difference of opinion end in name calling?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you argue more on forums than in real life?

Post by eddie Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:13 pm

Syl wrote:It's probable more subjects are up for discussion on a forum, and obviously we are communicating with people from different backgrounds and different cultures.
So, it wouldn't be surprising if you crossed swords more with people online than you would when discussing topics with family and friends in your local area.
But are  you more patient and restrained with people when you discuss, argue, or debate a topic if someone is in the same room?

For instance....when (in the real world) did a difference of opinion end in name calling?

I rarely get into heated debates actually, online or in real life. As soon as I sense a person is getting angry during a debate or discussion I will immediately know that there’s no point in continuing. Whenever a person gets angry during a discussion, there’s always a reason for their anger - and they don’t realise something must be triggering them. I’m not their therapist nor their punchbag...so I’m outta there.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you argue more on forums than in real life?

Post by Syl Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:38 pm

Yes, I can imagine that you would be more or less  the same on and off forums.

I dont mind heated debates, but I seldom fall into personal name calling, it's childish.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:57 pm

Syl wrote:Yes, I can imagine that you would be more or less  the same on and off forums.

I dont mind heated debates, but I seldom fall into personal name calling, it's childish.

I see you’re like that Syl.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:10 am

Is calling a liar, a liar, childish?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:10 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Yes, I can imagine that you would be more or less  the same on and off forums.

I wouldn't say anything to someone  on a forum that I wouldn't say face to face ...I think you are the same,

What I have noticed, the 'like/dislike button is very useful, we can press the LIKE to show someone we appreciate their comment, but I have seen lately that some really nasty posts get a 'like',

It reminds me of hangers on cheering on the school bully. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:12 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

I wouldn't say anything to someone  on a forum that I wouldn't say face to face ...I think you are the same,

What I have noticed, the 'like/dislike button is very useful, we can press the LIKE to show someone we appreciate their comment, but I have seen lately that some really nasty posts get a 'like',

I was thinking that the like/dislike button has actually made us lazy.
Press a button instead of speaking.

Sign of the times.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:12 am

Maddog wrote:Is calling a liar, a liar, childish?

Depends.
Expand.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:13 am

As long as it's not thrown around at random , if you think someone is deliberately lying it's a valid comment...imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:15 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I was thinking that the like/dislike button has actually made us lazy.
Press a button instead of speaking.

Sign of the times.
I tend to use it instead of the  alien  now.....probably because we are not limited.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:17 am

eddie wrote:

Depends.
Expand.

If someone fabricates a story that has no basis in truth, can I call them a liar?

I don't have a problem with different opinions, as long as they are presented as such.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:29 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

Depends.
Expand.

If someone fabricates a story that has no basis in truth, can I call them a liar?

I don't have a problem with different opinions, as long as they are presented as such.

Yes if you know they’re fabricating a truth
But you know, if someone is fabricating a truth...they’re not gonna listen anyway, because they’re a liar.
eddie
eddie

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:41 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

But you know, if someone is fabricating a truth...they’re not gonna listen anyway, because they’re a liar.

You bring up an interesting topic.

Should you call out a liar or just ignore him? Guess it depends on how dangerous his lies are. On here, the lies really aren't going to harm anyone. It's not like any of us are influencing anyone else's lives.

It is difficult to have a decent conversation when much of the conversation is centered around fantasy or fiction.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:09 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You bring up an interesting topic.

Should you call out a liar or just ignore him? Guess it depends on how dangerous his lies are. On here, the lies really aren't going to harm anyone.  It's not like any of us are influencing anyone else's lives.  

It is difficult to have a decent conversation when much of the conversation is centered around fantasy or fiction.  

So, pose it as a question and make a thread solely about this topic.
I’ll be interested to read it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:56 pm

Syl wrote:
I have seen lately that some really nasty posts get a 'like',

Yup!!
You're right, Syl.
I mean ....this post was absolutely DISGUSTING (never mind ''nasty'')  > >

''Low class whore trolls''

and the post got a big fat "LIKE" from ................................ YOU, Syl.

You know what they say,  when you point an accusing finger at someone, several of your own other fingers point right back at you.

Here you are, accusing people of pressing the ''like'' button for nasty posts.
Yet that is precisely what YOU yourself, did there Syl.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:23 pm

JulesV wrote:
Syl wrote:
I have seen lately that some really nasty posts get a 'like',

Yup!!
You're right, Syl.
I mean ....this post was absolutely DISGUSTING (never mind ''nasty'')  > >

''Low class whore trolls''

and the post got a big fat "LIKE" from ................................ YOU, Syl.

You know what they say,  when you point an accusing finger at someone, several of your own other fingers point right back at you.

Here you are, accusing people of pressing the ''like'' button for nasty posts.
Yet that is precisely what YOU yourself, did there Syl.
Which thread was this?
I know how you like to take things out of context to score points, so I would appreciate you posting the thread title.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:36 pm

Context my ass! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:39 pm

Initially I did not make any comment at such a disgusting post, I just shrugged and moved on.

In fact I tried to lighten the mood in the thread after that.

But for you to  turn round and complain that nasty posts are being liked,  after you yourself  ''liked'' such a  disgusting post???

Hells bells, you couldn't make it up.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:48 pm

JulesV wrote:Initially I did not make any comment at such a disgusting post, I just shrugged and moved on.

In fact I tried to lighten the mood in the thread after that.

But for you to  turn round and complain that nasty posts are being liked,  after you yourself  ''liked'' such a  disgusting post???

Hells bells, you couldn't make it up.
So.....can you direct  me to this thread or not? Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:09 am

Oh dear....she seems to have run off without finding that thread with the disgusting post I 'liked'.

What a surprise. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:35 pm

Ooooh, the phantom red striper is rattled. Razz

Considering the two incredibly sexist posts he made yesterday , surely it would have been wiser to keep.... silent
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:43 pm

Syl wrote:Ooooh, the phantom red striper is rattled. Razz

Considering the two incredibly sexist posts he made yesterday , surely it would have been wiser to keep.... silent

Calm down, Syl.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Ooooh, the phantom red striper is rattled. Razz

Calm down, Syl.

I am calm Quill, I just don't like dishonesty and underhand ness.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:43 pm

Syl wrote:I am calm Quill

Good. Try not to impute motives, as that is 'state of mind' evidence and you are not privy to someone else's state of mind.

Look for factual errors, and state them as such.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I am calm Quill

Good.  Try not to impute motives, as that is 'state of mind' evidence and you are not privy to someone else's state of mind.

Thanks Judge. Laughing

You only quoted half of my posts...the other half was quite telling. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:52 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Good.  Try not to impute motives, as that is 'state of mind' evidence and you are not privy to someone else's state of mind.

Thanks Judge. Laughing

Yes...that was the point where you went off course. I don't like to repeat someone's errors where they are not germane to the point...which, in this case is...to stick to the facts. Adjectives are not arguments.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:58 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Thanks Judge. Laughing

You mean Doctor, don't you?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:08 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thanks Judge. Laughing

Haha...doctor or judge. Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 2 2190311264 I have two doctorates: one in political theory; the other in law.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Haha...doctor or judge.   Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 2 2190311264   I have two doctorates: one in political theory; the other in law.

Me too. What a coincidence. And I have Masters in ancient dance.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:24 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Haha...doctor or judge.   Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 2 2190311264   I have two doctorates: one in political theory; the other in law.

Me too.  What a coincidence.  And I have Masters in ancient dance.  

They don't issue master's degrees in junior college. Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thanks Judge. Laughing

Yes...that was the point where you went off course.  I don't like to repeat someone's errors where they are not germane to the point...which, in this case is...to stick to the facts.  Adjectives are not arguments.

Laughing

Facts are not errors., I will leave you to believe what you like Quill.
I am too straight forward to play silly forum games.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes...that was the point where you went off course.  I don't like to repeat someone's errors where they are not germane to the point...which, in this case is...to stick to the facts.  Adjectives are not arguments.

Laughing

That's the way I've always known you to be. That's why I took notice when you drifted off course.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Laughing

That's the way I've always known you to be.  That's why I took notice when you drifted off course.

What an arrogant dick.

I actually laughed when I read that.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:06 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That's the way I've always known you to be.  That's why I took notice when you drifted off course.

What an arrogant dick.  

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What an arrogant dick.  

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 2 3408175593 Well, I rest my case. Syl, do you want gang warfare, like the above, or a fact-based, well-reasoned discussion? Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 2 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:29 pm

Syl wants gang warfare . She has her loyal little puppy Maddog at her feet ,begging for treats .
The thread was started for provocation, and for no other reason.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:33 pm

Andy wrote:Syl wants gang warfare . She has her loyal little puppy Maddog at her feet ,begging for treats .
The thread was started for provocation,  and for no other reason.

It was started to call out me and Quill.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:39 pm

Why would anyone need to?
We already know you and Quill dislike each other.

The thread was started simply to provoke.

I would have to check, but doing that is against the forum rules.
A leftie doing that would have got basemented by Vic.

"Site disruption" -- any member engaging in conduct which moderators deem a significant disruption will be warned or basemented. This includes excessively making personal insults, excessively turning threads into flame wars, creating threads intended to antagonize other members, and other anti-social behaviors."

Last edited by Andy on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy

Andy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:42 pm

Andy wrote:I would have to check, but doing that is against the forum rules.
A leftie doing that would have got basemented by Vic.

Go wash that sand out of your vagina, you whining little bitch.

Jesus Christ you're an embarrassment. Razz
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:44 pm

Did Syl give you a choccie treat ?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:46 pm

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 2 49cb7910
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:49 pm

That's better. Less whining.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:41 pm

Andy wrote:Syl wants gang warfare . She has her loyal little puppy Maddog at her feet ,begging for treats .
The self projection in this post is laughable. Razz

It's obviou to me you only come here to cause trouble, go back to your base and await orders from your boss.
And remind her that she still hasn't produced the 'disgusting post' she accused me of liking the other night. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:51 pm

hi andy, honestly you are totally wrong on syl.

she doesn't do sly or sneaky or provocation for the sake of it

she's her own person and imo quite lovely

gelico
Forum Detective

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:51 pm

Maddog wrote:

Not just you two. It interests me to know why  people argue on forums but seldom argue in real life.

I doubt the opposite is true, I cant imagine the placid poster (and I can only think of a couple) rant and rave much away from forums.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:55 pm

gelico wrote:

hi andy, honestly you are totally wrong on syl.

she doesn't do sly or sneaky or provocation for the sake of it

she's her own person and imo quite lovely
Thanks Gels.....Andy can think what he likes, it's a free country.

I very much doubt he has the right idea about Maddog either. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:44 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Not just you two. It interests me to know why  people argue on forums but seldom argue in real life.

I doubt the opposite is true, I cant imagine the placid poster (and I can only think of a couple) rant and rave much away from forums.

True, but we were the two clowns making the most noise at the time.

And maybe call out was the wrong phrase. I didn't feel judged, just questioned.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:52 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

True, but we were the two clowns making the most noise at the time.

And maybe call out was the wrong phrase. I didn't feel judged, just questioned.
It was a thread started just to get other peoples opinions.....I said at the start it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.

It was interesting , as are lot's of threads that asks a  question, most people took the topic as it was intended to be.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:21 am

Syl wrote:Oh dear....she seems to have run off without finding that thread with the disgusting post I 'liked'.

"Run off" ? - don't make me  laugh.
I am a grown woman, I don't run away from fuck all. Got it?

I did not tell you which thread simply cos I refuse to take orders from you.
Not my fault if you cannot even remember your own actions.
I gave you the exact phrase - and the person who came up with such a disgusting post knows who they are, it was quite recent.
An don't bother changing the subject and saying others make disgusting posts too.  Cos it was YOU who brought up the flipping subject of people liking nasty posts, no one else.

Hilarious that you started whining about people pressing the ''like button'' on nasty posts then it turns out you are the worst offender.  You  saw a post that contained the word ''whore'' and you were quite happy to 'like' such a post.
You mentioned context - well maybe the other people who liked certain posts did so in context too.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:55 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Laughing

You play PLENTY of games and you shit stir ATT, Syl.
You've made snidy accusing remarks about me several times in the last few days. You cannot help yourself.
Btw it wasn't me who gave you the red, I don't give reds, you can easily check that from my profile.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Syl wrote:
The self projection in this post is laughable. Razz
It's obviou to me you only come here to cause trouble, go back to your base and await orders from your boss.
And remind her that she still hasn't produced the 'disgusting post' she accused me of liking the other night. Rolling Eyes
Oh look at the snidy shit-stirring drivel that sweet lady our "lovely, lovely" Syl, is coming out with.

Andy was a member here long before you or I, he can handle himself, without ''orders'  from any boss, don't be stupid.  
Threads like this never end well, however (allegedly) well intentioned they are meant to be.
They always end up in a free for all bustup and you should surely have enough wisdom to realise this.
Anyway you got the bloody row you wanted.  Happy now? Rolling Eyes

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:37 am

JulesV wrote:
Syl wrote:Oh dear....she seems to have run off without finding that thread with the disgusting post I 'liked'.

I gave you the exact phrase - and the person who came up with such a disgusting post knows who they are, it was quite recent.

You mentioned context - well maybe the other people who liked certain posts did so in context too.

i didn't see you mention who had actually written the whore post. i was curious to see the context of the actual post.

context is important after all. did i miss the name of the author of that particular post?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next