NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you argue more on forums than in real life?

+9
gelico
Andy
JulesV
eddie
Fred Moletrousers
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Maddog
Syl
13 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 Empty Do you argue more on forums than in real life?

Post by Syl Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's probable more subjects are up for discussion on a forum, and obviously we are communicating with people from different backgrounds and different cultures.
So, it wouldn't be surprising if you crossed swords more with people online than you would when discussing topics with family and friends in your local area.
But are you more patient and restrained with people when you discuss, argue, or debate a topic if someone is in the same room?

For instance....when (in the real world) did a difference of opinion end in name calling?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do you argue more on forums than in real life?

Post by Maddog Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:52 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Sandra Bland. James Byrd, Jr. Botham Jean. Jim Crow voter suppression bills. Texas Senate Bill 7, fills a need where there is no hole. Most blacks executed.

Signs found in Texas:

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 4802425_113018-raw-jessica-racist-first-ward-sign-vid

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 79b7c629-fcc8-4ce4-bb4b-554efe56224b-large16x9_wo1

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 0_rope

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 Whites-only

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 Maxresdefault

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 Gh632w79bml51

Have you shown these to you daughter in Southlake?

Have you shown these to you daughter in Southlake?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do you argue more on forums than in real life?

Post by gelico Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:perhaps you should have provided the link in the first place

you still haven't done so

so there is still no context available

so everything you said above is still meaningless

and until you provide the link so that people can assess for themselves it will remain meaningless

just saying

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 2190311264

Gels, you're not helping.  Take a look at the title.  One of the contributing issues is 'gang' activity, and what are you doing?

i stand by my post

if a person wants to make accusations of ''disgusting posts'' from way back in the past then they should at least have the common decency to provide a link for it (imo).

there was nothing gang related in my post

grow up quill and stop being such a fool

gelico
Forum Detective

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:13 pm

gelico wrote:  

perhaps you should have provided the link in the first place

you still haven't done so

so there is still no context available

so everything you said above is still meaningless

and until you provide the link so that people can assess for themselves it will remain meaningless

just saying Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 2190311264

I don't give a shit what people assess.

I wasn't asking anyone to assess anything. I was not even complaining.

I was merely pointing out the irony /hypocrisy of Syl  complaining of people applauding nasty posts after she herself had done just that.

And no, the vile post was not from ''way back''  at all, it was relatively recent.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:19 pm

Syl wrote:
I answered you with a damn site more civility than how you addressed me when you swooped into this thread, not to coment on the subject, but with  the sole intention to cause trouble. Rolling Eyes

By the way, the post Eddie made must have really resonated with you for you to be making such a fuss....I mean the FULL post, not just the convenient bit you posted.

I did not post that bit "because it was the convenient'' bit.
I posted it because it was the offensive bit. The rest was in no way offensive, so had no need to be posted.

Do you never get tired of repetitively saying 'people come to make trouble, you ridiculous, clatty old soak? Rolling Eyes

Why do you always have to make a sarky comment if me or Andy posts? What is it to you, Syl?  What business is it of yours?  It's never YOU whom I address when I am making so-called trouble, yet you always jump in and make it all about you.

And what's all this nonsense about ''post and run''  another of your stupid idiotic cliches.  Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 2190311264

When I finish posting I log out and leave the site, to do a million and one other things and get on with my life.

Are you saying that after someone posts,  they should then stand to attention and respectfully wait until they get a reply from you, PLUS permission from you to log off.  Otherwise they are accused of ''post&run''

Don't lie and try to claim I was making a fuss. Just the opposite. All I did was remind you of your lack of self awareness by you complaining of people ''liking'' a nasty post when you yourself are the worst culprit.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:43 pm

Syl wrote:
Andy wrote:Syl wants gang warfare . She has her loyal little puppy Maddog at her feet ,begging for treats .
The thread was started for provocation,  and for no other reason.
The self projection in this post is laughable. Razz

It's obviou to me you only come here to cause trouble, go back to your base and await orders from your boss.
And remind her that she still hasn't produced the 'disgusting post' she accused me of liking the other night. Rolling Eyes

Provocative inflammatory nonsense. Typical.
Btw can I call you a "fucking whore troll'' everyday Syl?
After all you see nothing wrong with such words in a post, you applaud.

If you moan it will only be because the posts ''resonates with you''. Yes??
Now tell me how it feels to have your own insults turned back on you, Syl cos that is what I just did there. Cool

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:47 pm

JulesV wrote:
Syl wrote:
I answered you with a damn site more civility than how you addressed me when you swooped into this thread, not to coment on the subject, but with  the sole intention to cause trouble. Rolling Eyes

By the way, the post Eddie made must have really resonated with you for you to be making such a fuss....I mean the FULL post, not just the convenient bit you posted.

Do you never get tired of repetitively saying 'people come to make trouble, you ridiculous, clatty old soak? Rolling Eyes

in the wise words of quill

''They are afraid to debate honestly, so they resort to another tactic: "name calling".

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:50 pm

JulesV wrote:
Syl wrote:
The self projection in this post is laughable. Razz

It's obviou to me you only come here to cause trouble, go back to your base and await orders from your boss.
And remind her that she still hasn't produced the 'disgusting post' she accused me of liking the other night. Rolling Eyes

Btw can I call you a "fucking whore troll'' everyday Syl?
After all you see nothing wrong with such words in a post, you applaud.

If you moan it will only be because the posts ''resonates with you''. Yes??
Now tell me how it feels to have your own insults turned back on you, Syl cos that is what I just did there. Cool

what a ridiculous comparison you try to make

eddie mentioned no names whatsoever she did not call YOU out for any reason, she did not call YOU any names.
it was a general comment for the whole forum

syl was obviously right about it resonating with you personally if no names were mentioned

i think eddie was bang on

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:59 pm

JulesV wrote:
Syl wrote:

I posted it because it was the offensive bit. The rest was in no way offensive, so had no need to be posted.

Why do you always have to make a sarky comment if me or Andy posts? What is it to you, Syl?  What business is it of yours?  It's never YOU whom I address when I am making so-called trouble, yet you always jump in and make it all about you.

And what's all this nonsense about ''post and run''  another of your stupid idiotic cliches.  Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 2190311264

When I finish posting I log out and leave the site, to do a million and one other things and get on with my life.

Are you saying that after someone posts,  they should then stand to attention and respectfully wait until they get a reply from you, PLUS permission from you to log off.  Otherwise they are accused of ''post&run''

Don't lie and try to claim I was making a fuss. Just the opposite. All I did was remind you of your lack of self awareness by you complaining of people ''liking'' a nasty post when you yourself are the worst culprit.

Talking of clatty old soaks....

There was an old woman called Canny
Who'd find umbrage in all nooks and crannies
Her lack of decorum
Was famed across forums
and when angry she'd foam at the fanny!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:01 pm

lol! lol!

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:18 am

JulesV wrote:
Syl wrote:

Your vitriolic posts say more about you than i ever could.
Carry on.....
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:40 am

I think Eddie's "whore troll" comment was on the thread where I got basemented...

And it was a general comment about a certain type of behaviour, being someone who pops up on threads just to throw attack posts at another poster, while failing to post anything of any value or interest about the actual thread/topic, and especially where the poster subjected to this hostile verbal attack has not even posted on the particular thread...

I'm sure Eddie will correct me if I have misinterpreted this in any way.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:41 am

I'm still trying to figure out where the whores are?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:33 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

I think Eddie's "whore troll" comment was on the thread where I got basemented...

And it was a general comment about a certain type of behaviour, being someone who pops up on threads just to throw attack posts at another poster, while failing to post anything of any value or interest about the actual thread/topic, and especially where the poster subjected to this hostile verbal attack has not even posted on the particular thread...

You are right. I found and posted the DISGUSTING post that so offended... Rolling Eyes
It's on the previous page in this thread.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:33 am

Maddog wrote:I'm still trying to figure out where the whores are?

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:03 pm

Maddog wrote:I'm still trying to figure out where the whores are?

well, i'm up and about and doing me best

incidentally, i tried my hand at being a whore troll years ago on an EDL (English Defence League) chat forum.

i got warning after 3 posts and an outright ban after 5

it was quite good fun while it lasted

Razz

gelico
Forum Detective

Syl and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:05 pm

HT and I joined Mumsnet a couple of years ago. She was banned on the same day, I was involved in a really heated debate within 10 minutes.
They certainly didn't seem to take to newbies with minds of their own.Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:25 pm

Syl wrote:HT and I joined Mumsnet a couple of years ago. She was banned on the same day,  I was involved in a really heated debate within 10 minutes.

What was the debate about?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:HT and I joined Mumsnet a couple of years ago. She was banned on the same day,  I was involved in a really heated debate within 10 minutes.

If a couple at the end of the night need 2 taxis to get home, should the man let the woman take the first cab, or is it OK for him to get the cab and leave her waiting alone in the street for the 2nd cab to arrive?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:40 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

If a couple at the end of the night need 2 taxis to get home, should the man let the woman take the first cab, or is it OK for him to get the cab and leave her waiting alone in the street for the 2nd cab to arrive?

Sounds a little esoteric. Off the bat, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving a woman alone on a NYC street, in the middle of the night. On the other hand, she's going to be alone anyway when she gets out of the cab in front of her own residence. Then again, once home she has some refuge a few steps away.

Which side did you take? What issues were raised?

At least issues on here are life and death, as in BLM.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:47 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

if we were at some public venue pub/theatre where there wasn't any danger i wouldn't mind waiting on my own.

come to think of it even if at a cab rank and the last one there the man jumped in and i had to wait for another one, on my own, to pull up. even though i wouldn't necessarily feel any particular sense of danger, i still wouldn't think much of any man who did that and wouldn't bother with a second time

feminism be buggered

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:48 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

why did it get so heated?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Sounds a little esoteric.  Off the bat, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving a woman alone on a NYC street, in the middle of the night.  On the other hand, she's going to be alone anyway when she gets out of the cab in front of her own residence.  Then again, once home she has some refuge a few steps away.

Which side did you take?  What issues were raised?

That was the basic topic.

HT and I both said that in our own experiences and in that situation, the man should always see the woman into the first cab and wait for the second.

The general opinion on mumsnet was that we were old fashioned. Why should we expect to be offered the first cab? Why would a man feel less safe than a woman waiting alone in the street? Did we not realise that this was 2019 and times had changed, women were equal, modern women resented being treated as if they were weak, blah, blah, blah.....they got really riled, and came across like a group of bloody bruisers who would smash a mans face in if they ever DARED to open a door for them or offer to give up their seat. affraid
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:55 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

I honestly dont know Gels. We were on at different times even though we joined at the same time...so it's not as if we were a double act.
HT got treated worse than I did, she was actually banned on the first day....mind you she probably swore a lot at them. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:57 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

I honestly dont know Gels. We were on at different times even though we joined at the same time...so it's not as if we were a double act.
HT got treated worse than I did, she was actually banned on the first day....mind you she probably swore a lot at them. Razz

LOL are you still posting there?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:59 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

Nope...I couldn't be bothered....I Left in sympathy with HT. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:02 pm

JulesV wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:First of all, if you're going to accuse someone of liking a comment where someone was called a whore, you should find that thread and link to it. I don't like accusations that aren't backed up.

Secondly, I don't see how this thread was directed at anybody in particular -- it's an innocent question, and fairly interesting as well. Syl isn't the type of poster to be sneaky and accuse people without coming right out and saying it. She's taken me up on a number of issues over the years and has never danced around the problem. I think everyone should calm down a bit and stop reading more into what's been said than what's been said. And yes, I do think Quill and Maddog fight too much, but I just ignore them for the most part.

It wasn't exactly an unbacked accusation Ben, cos I gave the exact verbatim quote.
Maybe I would have given the link straightaway if Syl had requested it in a civil way instead of barking orders for me to provide it.

Her tone was like I had made it up (as if!!!!!!)  rather than a humble tone of  "Jules, I do not recall  that incident can you please show the link"

I did NOT complain when the insult was made, nor when the post was "liked". I just shrugged and moved on.

It was only when the very person who ''liked' that nasty comment then turned round and moaned about nasty comments being ''liked''  Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 3489511464 - that is when I said something.  To highlight the irony. And anyone else would have highlighted it at that point, not just me.

@ Ben the post was made by eddie, your spouse.  It wasn't just a nasty comment, it was an absolutely disgusting one.

Shame on you, eddie. Cool

What post?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

That is exactly what I meant. Everyone seemed to understand that except those that didn’t want to.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Tommy Monk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:04 pm

That she referred to a "whore troll" is a lot different from calling someone a whore.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:06 pm

eddie wrote:
JulesV wrote:

It wasn't exactly an unbacked accusation Ben, cos I gave the exact verbatim quote.
Maybe I would have given the link straightaway if Syl had requested it in a civil way instead of barking orders for me to provide it.

Her tone was like I had made it up (as if!!!!!!)  rather than a humble tone of  "Jules, I do not recall  that incident can you please show the link"

I did NOT complain when the insult was made, nor when the post was "liked". I just shrugged and moved on.

It was only when the very person who ''liked' that nasty comment then turned round and moaned about nasty comments being ''liked''  Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 3489511464 - that is when I said something.  To highlight the irony. And anyone else would have highlighted it at that point, not just me.

@ Ben the post was made by eddie, your spouse.  It wasn't just a nasty comment, it was an absolutely disgusting one.

What post?

brilliant eddie

bwahahahahahahahahaha

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 3489511464 Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 3489511464 Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 3489511464 Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 3489511464 Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 3489511464

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:07 pm

eddie wrote:
JulesV wrote:

What post?

I found it and posted it on the previous page.
Canny has made a few "disgusting" posts of her own since then. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Sounds a little esoteric.  Off the bat, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving a woman alone on a NYC street, in the middle of the night.  On the other hand, she's going to be alone anyway when she gets out of the cab in front of her own residence.  Then again, once home she has some refuge a few steps away.

HT and I both said that in our own experiences and in that situation, the man should always see the woman into the first cab and wait for the second.

The general opinion on mumsnet was that we were old fashioned.  Why should we expect to be offered the first cab?  Why would a man feel less safe than a woman waiting alone in the street? Did we not realise that this was 2019 and times had changed, women were equal, modern women resented being treated as if they were weak, blah, blah, blah.....they got really riled, and came across like a group of bloody bruisers who would smash a mans face in if they ever DARED to open a door for them or offer to give up their seat. affraid

Obviously, you were hit with a reactionary, counter-argument. That argument form is quite common with new, or emerging issues, like feminism.

During the pan-Slavic socialist movements in the 19th-century, they were called: counter-revolutionary slavs…which, with typical political enthusiasm, turned into counter-revolutionary slobs.

Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The general opinion on mumsnet was that we were old fashioned.  Why should we expect to be offered the first cab?  Why would a man feel less safe than a woman waiting alone in the street? Did we not realise that this was 2019 and times had changed, women were equal, modern women resented being treated as if they were weak, blah, blah, blah.....they got really riled, and came across like a group of bloody bruisers who would smash a mans face in if they ever DARED to open a door for them or offer to give up their seat. affraid

I would ride with her in the same cab, even if she was a whore troll. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:17 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

well, they sound like an intolerant bunch to me

i might go on there sometime,,,,,,just to see how long i last

Do you argue more on forums than in real life? - Page 5 1f607

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:18 pm

If other women want to wait on the street on a dark and rainy night whilst their male companion is half way home in a nice warm cab....good for them.

If I expect the man I am with to offer me the first cab...I don't think that makes me an anti-feminist, just smart. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:20 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

I would ride with her in the same cab, even if she was a whore troll. Cool

I don't doubt it...you have spent the last two days searching this thread for one. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie, Maddog and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:21 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

I looked in on mumsnet once, they seem to be bored housewives who like to outdo each other in motherhood.
If you have an idea that is a bit “different” you’ll upset them.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:25 pm

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

I looked in on mumsnet once, they seem to be bored housewives who like to outdo each other in motherhood.

One woman (on a different thread) posted a pic of a little day dress she had just bought to do the school run in. Some of the nasty comments she got were unbelievable.
How a little cotton frock could cause so much angst for so many women was laughable.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:31 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

One woman (on a different thread) posted a pic of a little day dress she had just bought to do the school run in. Some of the nasty comments she got were unbelievable.
How a little cotton frock could cause so much angst for so many women was laughable.

It’s called envy. The ones who made the nasty comments were probably overweight.
eddie
eddie

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:34 pm

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

I have no idea what that actually entails but I might go on as Mother Nature and outdo them all

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:34 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

if we were at some public venue pub/theatre where there wasn't any danger i wouldn't mind waiting on my own.

come to think of it even if at a cab rank and the last one there the man jumped in and i had to wait for another one, on my own, to pull up.  even though i wouldn't necessarily feel any particular sense of danger, i still wouldn't think much of any man who did that and wouldn't bother with a second time

feminism be buggered

The scenario was the couple would be in the street at night. Sharing a cab wasn't an option. Two cabs were called for.. one arrived before the other with no indication of how long the other one would be.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:35 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

sounds like a real 'must join' sisterhood

female solidarity and all that

Rolling Eyes

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:36 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

It’s called envy. The ones who made the nasty comments were probably overweight.
...and ugly. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:30 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Oh, yes. The woke mob all roared like wounded bison at suggestions that a man should do the gentlemanly thing and ensure the lady got in the cab first. For some reason, certain women found that an affront to their equality. I can't remember the exact argument but I wound one of these feminists up so much she nearly imploded. So they banned me.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie, Syl and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:35 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

They give women a bad name...they really do. Act like a bunch of hysterical idiots if you dare to challenge their 'truth'.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:23 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

Oh, yes.   The woke mob all roared like wounded bison at suggestions that a man should do the gentlemanly thing and ensure the lady got in the cab first.  For some reason, certain women found that an affront to their equality.    I can't remember the exact argument but I wound one of these feminists up so much she nearly imploded.   So they banned me.

what a great way to describe

they sound like a bunch of nutters. it might be fun to go wind them up

my youngest son has a real protective nature with women. he met up with his older sister and she said to me ''i dont know where he got this from cos he was too young when dad died to have picked anything up from him'' but he's all about walking on the outside of the pavement, carrying bags, opening doors etc. he wouldn't dream of leaving a woman on the pavement waiting for a cab

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:35 pm

gelico wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Oh, yes.   The woke mob all roared like wounded bison at suggestions that a man should do the gentlemanly thing and ensure the lady got in the cab first.  For some reason, certain women found that an affront to their equality.    I can't remember the exact argument but I wound one of these feminists up so much she nearly imploded.   So they banned me.

they sound like a bunch of nutters.  it might be fun to go wind them up

my youngest son has a real protective nature with women.  he met up with his older sister and she said to me ''i dont know where he got this from cos he was too young when dad died to have picked anything up from him'' but he's all about walking on the outside of the pavement, carrying bags, opening doors etc.  he wouldn't dream of leaving a woman on the pavement waiting for a cab

I think it's instinctive in some men.
M y OH is the same, and far from being offended like the mumsnet crowd seemed to think women should, I dont find it patronising, the opposite in fact.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

my youngest son has a real protective nature with women.  he met up with his older sister and she said to me ''i dont know where he got this from cos he was too young when dad died to have picked anything up from him'' but he's all about walking on the outside of the pavement, carrying bags, opening doors etc.  he wouldn't dream of leaving a woman on the pavement waiting for a cab

M y OH is the same, and far from being offended like the mumsnet crowd seemed to think women should,  I dont find it patronising, the opposite in fact.

me too

gelico
Forum Detective

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:47 pm

They would love you on mumsnet about as much as they loved me and HT. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:35 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

M y OH is the same, and far from being offended like the mumsnet crowd seemed to think women should,  I dont find it patronising, the opposite in fact.

It's called being a gentleman. I'm not surprised most young blokes these days avoid being chivalrous when all they get for their pains is a filthy look and accusations of sexism. That mob on Mumsnet were enough to turn you gay.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:36 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:

I have no idea what that actually entails but I might go on as Mother Nature and outdo them all

If I hadn't been banned I might still be there making them all roar!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next