NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking the meaning of racism too far.

+8
@lex
Fuzzy Zack
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
eddie
Major
Raggamuffin
Syl
12 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 Empty Taking the meaning of racism too far.

Post by Syl Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3454987/Two-college-students-cause-racism-furore-posing-blacked-selfie-undergoing-facial-treatment.html

OMG....talk about over reacting.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 Empty Re: Taking the meaning of racism too far.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

First of post reported for abuse

Second, you do not have anywhere near enough intelligence to classify people medically, showing what an incompetent child that you are

Them we have the same lame claims made that two Americans supposedly do not know what they are talking bout and myself also based on  a false accusation not backed up by anything.

Conclusion:

You got weighed, you got measured and you completely got left found wanting

Now i suggest you learn to sort out your potty mouth

Then once you have done that, learn to acknowledge when wrong.

Then after that, actually grow up

Good luck

I don't give a stuff what you report. I've had enough of your revolting personality and arrogant manner. I have no further interest in discussing anything with you. You're retarded, completely ignorant, bigoted, and pathetic. You lie all the time too.

Contradiction
As you clearly do by stating as such.
More unfounded accusations thrown, simply because she got annihilated in this simple debate
Proving further she needs to grow up[

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 Empty Re: Taking the meaning of racism too far.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:14 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Didge wrote:

For America, I would suggest you first visit and then get to know those who suffer discrimination

Itwill greatly help your complete lack of understanding  here Zack

I go to the US quite often and have plenty of family there.

And it's not like I'm immune to racism.

So your concern is actually quite patronising.

Let's not pretend that you know what it's like to be an African American. Lol!

Again you have no comprehension of being born black in the US

Never said you have not experienced racism

I never claimed that I understand what its like to be born black in the US.

The telling point is though, I am willing to listen to them in order to understand further the social issue still prevalent in the US.

So again nobody is saying they were racist but how such a stint could be easily construed as doing so, based on countless such similar events happened and where also backs would have been the victims of such rascal hatred.
So when you attempt to state how it should be viewed, you did so based on very little understanding
If you did understand, you would already then know how it could be easily viewed as racist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:17 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Didge wrote:

What history is there of face veils based on racism against Africans, where they wear these to demonize black people

So poor the above, its should not even rendered a response it was that crap

Do you understand the issue based around countless years of racial discrimination?

What is surprising is how bad your reply was, is how it was not even comparable, again

It may help before you write that you learn some history mate

Ta

What intent people have "now" has nothing to do with history.

You've admitted that there was no racial intent in this case. Which is why you have no response to my post.

Incorrect again

Its because of a deep long rooted history of racially discrimination, as to why the problem still exists
All I have done is excepted their explanation they di not do this deliberately
Again that is not the point, of which is that it can easily be viewed based off history to racially offend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:18 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Only white girls. Black girls can use black face packs. Perhaps black girls shouldn't use white face packs though - just in case someone thinks they're being racist. Laughing

Exactly.

Didge is turning this into racism to get on his sanctimonious high horse.

Actually there is 3 posters in disagreement with you here.
Interesting though that you lay a false claim and make this now about me and nothing in regards to the actual debate

Stop being very insecure and grow up

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:20 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Only white girls. Black girls can use black face packs. Perhaps black girls shouldn't use white face packs though - just in case someone thinks they're being racist. Laughing

Exactly.

Didge is turning this into racism to get on his sanctimonious high horse.

Nothing new there.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 am

lol if all any of you can do is talk about me, then its further evidence the points made by myself, Ben and Quill have made stand true and unrefuted.

So talk about me as much as you want, that does make me smile.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:31 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Didge wrote:

Incorrect again

Its because of a deep long rooted history of racially discrimination, as to why the problem still exists
All I have done is excepted their explanation they di not do this deliberately
Again that is not the point, of which is that it can easily be viewed based off history to racially offend

I don't mind having a discussion about racism in America or how "black lives" don't seem to matter to the previledged whites and its historical context.

But this thread wasn't about that. It's whether 2 white girls were being racist by wearing a black face mask. You are conflating this with racism in a historical context.

Two boys.
Again the above shows again why you fail to understand how it can easily be viewed as racist

You then make the absurd notion I am conflating the issue based on no reasoning

The question you need to ask yourself is two fold.

In the US could such a stunt be viewed upsetting to black African Americans?

The answer will be Yes

You do not decide the parameters of the debate either

This thread was about how in fact they were utterly nalive, as it could be easily viewed as being racist.

Again not being born black renders you unable to not only answer the above question and never lay claim that its conflating

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:42 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Didge wrote:

Two boys.
Again the above shows again why you fail to understand how it can easily be viewed as racist

You then make the absurd notion I am conflating the issue based on no reasoning

The question you need to ask yourself is two fold.

In the US could such a stunt be viewed upsetting to black African Americans?

The answer will be Yes

You do not decide the parameters of the debate either

This thread was about how in fact they were utterly nalive, as it could be easily viewed as being racist.

Again not being born black renders you unable to not only answer the above question and never lay claim that its conflating

The parameters of the thread are decided by the creator. You are going way off track and diverting it.

Yes, I'm not black. Nor are you.

"Some" may have been offended but their sense of being offended was clearly misplaced in this case. Your attempt to speak on behalf of ALL African Americans is utterly hilarious as it is pathetic. You're not even basing this on any testimony of an African American and just speak on their behalf. Which is in itself, prejudice and racist.

No they are decided by the flow and direction of the debate

Again you lay a claim as if African Americans when they are offended as being misplaced. Based on you never having been born black in the US.
Do you realize how your claim is grounded in a falsehood, based on you failing to understand that people did complain and were offended, which proves the historical aspect as to why some would get offended
I do not even lat claim to speak for All African Americans. but I certainly understand those who would be offended.
You completely then ended with an even further falsified claim,. not backed up with any reason.
Your whole debate methodology is based on attempting discrediting, not reason.
Why you constantly come up short all the time.
Just some helpful advice for you

Back to top Go down

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 Empty HYPOCRISY AT IT'S FINEST EXAMPLE~~~

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:08 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I'll wait until someone who knows how to conduct themselves properly posts in this thread - if anyone else is still interested of course.

I was almost - ALMOST going to apologize for trolling into this entire diatribe; but then when I found this mental dribble in another thread {that YOU hadn't bothered to respond to the subject discussion} but just stopped by to lay a real asinine drool directed at me!!!

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t14195-a-shocking-number-of-kids-are-fighting-and-dying-for-isis

And I'm not a reptile - I've never been on this community EVER BEFORE my membership date - and I've no idea who 'wolfman' is or was! Yet, you've attacked me - my avatar in a really ass-swipe manner and accused me of being a 'sock-puppet'! While I might disagree with Didge and his discussion methods he's shown more mature posting skills and general aptitude for decorum then you have Raggamuffin!!!

And your ugly vile words and verbal abuse right here on this thread proves my opinion and my point! Who the hell do you think you are? Never mind - it's a rhetorical question and your posting style proves your vile contributions have zero worth! Just repaying your compliment...Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 1716015268

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:15 am

I see Beekeeper is now trolling this thread with the intent to stir and derail. Who then further exposes himself as bee by going off wolfman, which nobody mentioned.

That as a huge clanger Bee.

So my points on that thread have you so rendered over excited and even worse sucking up to people for support, proving further you cannot then back up or counter the points I made on that thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:19 am

To hep further the education of some on here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface#United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotypes_of_African_Americans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:21 am

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 315F371100000578-0-The_two_college_students_prompted_a_race_row_at_the_University_o-a-93_1455896676154
Now, I'll put my 2¢ worth out here for general contributions to the TOPIC at hand.
a.) these 2 were doing a facial mask
b.) they thought they were rather amusing looking
c.) they put it out on 'SNAPCHAT' because they wanted to share the wealth of their humorous appearance
d.) they didn't title it - weren't attempting any 'BLACK FACE' innuendo
e.) other then the 'PEACE SIGN' that the girl to the right was showing; nothing that these two odd couple did could be misconstrued into a RACIAL ISSUE...

But as with all things shoved out onto our FB/SnapChat/Twitter/Internet --- it's always up to specific individual interpretations and if someone is going to take offence then they'll find SOME THING TO BE OFFENDED BY. It's what we humans do and what we excel at when we aren't trolling around dropping acid verbal attacks at people that we DO NOT KNOW! Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:23 am

Didge wrote:Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 Klan-hand-sign-1

http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate-on-display/c/ku-klux-klan-hand-sign.html?referrer=https://www.google.co.uk/#.Vslpqn2LSt8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:24 am

Didge wrote:I see Beekeeper is now trolling this thread with the intent to stir and derail. Who then further exposes himself as bee by going off wolfman, which nobody mentioned.

That as a huge clanger Bee.

So my points on that thread have you so rendered over excited and  even worse sucking up to people for support, proving further you cannot then back up or counter the points I made on that thread

Perhaps you should have followed the 'LINK' back to that thread to read what Raggs left as a stinking pile of human fecal matter;
a.) I don't know to whom you refer to as BEE/BEEKEEPER/WOLFMAN
b.) Raggs dumped that name 'Wolfman' over there --- never had heard the name ever before!
c.) I see that you aren't able to follow links and seem highly confused by them - how sad is that??? LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:29 am

@ASPCA
wolfman/beekeeper is an inactive member.
As he is an Aussie and i dont think you are, i have no idea why they are suggesting you are him.

besides your name would be RSPCA for the shelters down here Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 1763903427
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:30 am

I can follow links
I can also lay and have suspicions based on your writing methods
Sorry but until I am convinced otherwise I will certainly see ore point your way to be Bee. However if I am wrong, then I apologise, but the jury is still out.
Plus you understand very similar things to be biology wise etc, love of animals. From my point view it again points that way
So I had notseen Rags say this. Maybe because you ranted twice on the thread not taking on my views but talking about me

Hey ho, if I interest you that much, enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:51 am

Didge wrote:I can follow links
Sorry but until I am convinced otherwise I will certainly see ore point your way to be Bee. However if I am wrong, then I apologise, but the jury is still out.
Plus you understand very similar things to be biology wise etc, love of animals. From my point view it again points that way

So I had notseen Rags say this. Maybe because you ranted twice on the thread not taking on my views but talking about me

How grammar school like is that; in this entire WWW you've managed to clamp onto something that 'reminds you of my writing methods' and you haven't even bothered to get to KNOW ME - ASK ME - you just ASSume! ROTFLMAO

Sweet Jesus, you are just one pile of convoluted-messed up-suspicious-paranoid human; it's no wonder that you've got so deeply seated anger issues as well as a heavy dose of anti-social skills that keep you in ATTACK MODE 24/7! Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 1191311443

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:12 am

Two points

Using mental health issues as if to demean people is at best infantile

Second, you are way over sensitive to something if you are telling the truth you are way over reacting to this, if you are innocent. That in fact points to you being emotionally comprised. I suggest you understand people will have suspicions, but seriously, your attempts to insult are very lame and emotively driven

So I will chose to perceive how I want to do so, whether you like that tor not,

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:10 am

No one knows Bee better than me. He and I have been friends for nearly a decade now.

Aspca is not Bee. Bee would come back as Bee or Lone Wolf. Just thought I'd mention.

@Syl: I don't think you can divide life into personal history and national history. I own Scotland's history just as much as any present-day Scottish citizen. Sorry if anyone doesn't like it; I already possess it and it's over here in my back pocket.

Any claim that America doesn't have a British--or Irish, or Italian, or German, or for that matter, African or Asian, etc.--history, is just false. Contrary to all rumors, we didn't just spontaneously materialize in 1776.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:38 am

aspca4ever wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I'll wait until someone who knows how to conduct themselves properly posts in this thread - if anyone else is still interested of course.

I was almost - ALMOST going to apologize for trolling into this entire diatribe; but then when I found this mental dribble in another thread {that YOU hadn't bothered to respond to the subject discussion} but just stopped by to lay a real asinine drool directed at me!!!

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t14195-a-shocking-number-of-kids-are-fighting-and-dying-for-isis

And I'm not a reptile - I've never been on this community EVER BEFORE my membership date - and I've no idea who 'wolfman' is or was!  Yet, you've attacked me - my avatar in a really ass-swipe manner and accused me of being a 'sock-puppet'!  While I might disagree with Didge and his discussion methods he's shown more mature posting skills and general aptitude for decorum then you have Raggamuffin!!!  

And your ugly vile words and verbal abuse right here on this thread proves my opinion and my point!  Who the hell do you think you are? Never mind - it's a rhetorical question and your posting style proves your vile contributions have zero worth!    Just repaying your compliment...Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 1716015268  

Don't get your fangs in a twist asp. You're rude and obnoxious enough to be wolfman, but I don't really care. Wink

You seem to have trouble posting in the appropriate thread, but now that you're in this one, perhaps you could explain your histrionics re the word "specsaver". Is it some kind of "microaggression"? Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 3489511464
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:15 am

Re the gender of the two students, they seem to be two girls. I recognise the one on the right in the photo and the video, but the one on the left looks nothing like the girl who is speaking in the video, so I'm still a bit confused.

http://www.wisn.com/news/photo-of-uw-whitewater-students-in-blackface-causes-controversy/38071068

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:28 am

The enormous fuss about this is completely absurd.

There are comments about lessons being learned, and that these two girls need an "educational course". The onus seems to be on them to express remorse and "educate" themselves about the dangers of putting black face masks on. Why should they express remorse?

Maybe the ones who need educating are the ones who are sticking their beaks in and telling people they shouldn't put black face packs on and take photos of themselves. Of course they have a black student union where the members think a lesson should be learned. Well yes, the lesson is that they should stop being so paranoid about face packs which happen to be black.

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/uw-whitewater-students-say-blackface-photo-was-really-facial-treatment
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:57 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:I think racism is bigger issue and problem in the US than in the UK - hence why we all see things differently on here.

I mean a black face mask???? Come on!

Here ya go:

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 Minstrel%2Bblackface-makeup-1

I guess we should pretend that doesn't exist.

This isn't something sold today though?    This ad is clearly not  a modern one.

For ages women have had to put up with this kind of shit.   In certain countries, it's still going on.  Women!  Know your limits!

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 76d12566b1cc7c2d4cbb9aed9c638805
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:09 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well we have a lot more history than you do...maybe we just get on with life as it is now and don't persecute the people of today for the atrocities of the past.

Nobody has any different history than anyone else.  Mine is American history, and before that Scottish history, and then before that Celtic history, etc., etc., etc.  It goes back forever as does yours.  You are confusing geographic borders with chronological discontinuity, looking for breaks where there are none.

I find interesting your distinction between being the being the black person and standing outside, seeing the situation of the black person.  It reminds me of the distinction that anthropologists make between structuralism and functionalism.  The structuralist stands outside the culture he is studying, and with detached objectivity records what he sees; but it is argued he can develop no 'feel' for what it's like to be inside the culture.  The functionalist lives within the culture and becomes intimate with every detail of it, but he loses the detached objectivity of being an independent observer.  Levi-Strauss, Structural Anthropology, 2 vols. (1958, 1976).

The problem with arguing the pure functionalist method, is you are locked inside the culture, unable to objectively describe it, or even understand it--least of all, to describe it to other cultures.  I think as a white American I can get close enough to black culture, without being swept into it, it's myths, values and perspectives.  And yes, I do feel with blacks, but not so much that I cannot engage my highly white, Scottish/Massachusetts objectivity, and deal with it that way.

It's a matter of exposure, not clear lines--well, history--that describes life.  The British don't have that closeness to the functional reality of post-slavery, black culture.  They've not been raised by a black nanny, or built a fence with an old black man.  They have not driven down a Louisiana highway and seen the blacks have to drive 5-mph under the speed limits, for fear of being pulled over and beaten by the white cop.  They have no feeling for--as didge puts it--the history of it all.

Consequently, the Brits rather cavalierly say, What's the problem?  White equals black...so of course there can be white racism!   For them, that life is all clear lines.  But where's the nanny?  Where's the white cop?  Where's the beating?  The Brits have not experienced the...well, the history of it all.

I think American history reveals some appalling crimes against the black population on a scale that can barely be understood here in the UK, particularly in this day and age.   After the abolition of slavery things seemed to get even worse for them, instead of better, and as is pointed out, even today things are  not right.  Perhaps it never will be.   One of the worst things I've seen was the torture and murder of Jesse Washington in 1916.  Inconceivable to me that so many people gathered to watch such a wicked act against another human being.  Be warned, the link is graphic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching_of_Jesse_Washington

I don't think we're so much cavalier about it as much as just not exposed to the scale of horrors experienced in the US.   However, we have had our share of racist murders.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:17 am

Lord Foul wrote:what I want to know is ....given  that ridiculous list of "micro aggressions"

what in fact could Mr white gut actually say and converse with mr "not white guy"?

you cant ask him where hes from
you cant ask him to give you a hand with your work
in fact you cant ask or speak to him much about anything it seems

and YET if you were to NOT talk to him...you would ALSO be wrong

pure idiocy ....

I've asked many people about their ethnic origins and never once have any of them been offended.  In the contrary, they've been proud to relate their origins and discuss it in depth.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:21 am

Syl wrote:
Stormee wrote:I cannot remember much UK racism until the sob sisters/pc brigade came on the scene

Well that was Quills point earlier on, but I disagree.
I think there has been racism here (and still is) not to the extent as in the USA, and not specifically  to Black people, but Asians especially are definitely still discriminated against.....and in turn they discriminate against not only Whites but people who are from a different background, creed, culture to themselves.

The worst racist incidents I have personally  seen have been between Pakistanis and Indians in my area.

I've got West Indian friends and they hate Asians.  They call them paki's and consider them dirty.  White people don't have a monopoly on racism.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:30 am

aspca4ever wrote:
Didge wrote:I can follow links

How grammar school like is that; in this entire WWW you've managed to clamp onto something that 'reminds you of my writing methods' and you haven't even bothered to get to KNOW ME - ASK ME - you just ASSume!  ROTFLMAO

Sweet Jesus, you are just one pile of convoluted-messed up-suspicious-paranoid human; it's no wonder that you've got so deeply seated anger issues as well as a heavy dose of anti-social skills that keep you in ATTACK MODE 24/7!  Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 1191311443

Apparently, according to Didge,  I'm 'someone' also.   The real me should be exposed and I'm hiding.   Oh, I'm a coward too.   So get to the back of the queue!   Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 3852033631
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:34 am

If white/black/Asian/Hispanic people in the US want to get hysterical about this kind of thing, it's up to them I guess. If white Americans want to keep on apologising for what someone else did before they were even born, it's up to them. It sounds to me almost like white Americans are being asked to apologise for being born white, but hey ...

My concern is that they'll try to export their particular kind of paranoia to other countries, or that some people in the UK might take their lead. I would reject any attempt to bring this "microaggression" shite to the UK - that's if it's not here already.

Sure, there are some racial problems in the UK, but we have laws which say that people are equal regardless of their skin colour or whatever, and I don't think we need some idiot telling us that white people must be aware of someone as a "racial/cultural being" at all times. If someone wants to live their whole existence based on what colour they are, or on where their ancestors came from, that's up to them, but I don't see why others should have to pander to them.

I would hate to see the kind of paranoia which is displayed in the US.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:54 am

I just can't get my head round this "white privilege" shit either.

I mean - at what point are white people in the US told that they're privileged because they're white? When they're little kids? How are they told this? Do their parents say to them - you have to remember that you were lucky to be born white and that it makes you privileged?

I think it's pathetic.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I just can't get my head round this "white privilege" shit either.

I mean - at what point are white people in the US told that they're privileged because they're white? When they're little kids? How are they told this? Do their parents say to them - you have to remember that you were lucky to be born white and that it makes you privileged?

I think it's pathetic. 

America did one of the biggest ethnic cleansing atrocities in the world.  

The English were pretty much as evil with the Irish and Scots.  Good job they don't hold a grudge otherwise we'd all be fucked.

We are all of us descended from victors who bred.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:27 pm

raggsgalore spewed >>> Don't get your fangs in a twist asp. You're rude and obnoxious enough to be wolfman, but I don't really care. Wink

You seem to have trouble posting in the appropriate thread, but now that you're in this one, perhaps you could explain your histrionics re the word "specsaver". Is it some kind of "microaggression"?  

What an absolute load of utter BS; if you didn't care then you wouldn't be 'TROLLING' around the community just looking for any opportunity to lay your utter vile verbiage around any thread that I've posted in!!!  LIAR - LYING - AND BEING VILE = what you excel at  Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 2681620681

BTW - the 'SPECSAVER™️' is a official TRADEMARK {I've been told} and unfortunately the member that used it isn't aware that it needed to be noted as such!  Ignorance often leads to ugly reactions and WTF that had to do with my avatar and on a nice 'Welcome ASPCA4EVER' thread is still a fecal matter for the admin to resolve~~~it's none of my affair either way but you seem to have gotten a huge BUG UP YOUR BUTT about the entire issue  Shocked

Now for your lack of education and a NEED TO KNOW; never let it be said that I allowed your ignorance to remain firmly intact when & if I could school you in your stupidity>>>
Spec & Span - Mexicans that clean for a living
Spec - baby or young illegal wet-back
Spic(s) - older illegal wet-back
Spicaninny - Mexicans Young Mexican girls. Combination form of Spic and Picaninny.
Spicet Fence- Mexicans 10 mexicans lined up side by side at the border.
http://www.rsdb.org/race/Mexicans
My nieces & nephews have heard them all and from people with your ability to drop such foul/hurtful words...just because you can!!!
Now your ability to drop your asinine verbal attacks has more ammunition to use at your every WHIM!

Last edited by aspca4ever on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:39 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
raggsgalore spewed >>> Don't get your fangs in a twist asp. You're rude and obnoxious enough to be wolfman, but I don't really care. Wink

You seem to have trouble posting in the appropriate thread, but now that you're in this one, perhaps you could explain your histrionics re the word "specsaver". Is it some kind of "microaggression"?  

What an absolute load of utter BS; if you didn't care then you wouldn't be 'TROLLING' around the community just looking for any opportunity to lay your utter vile verbiage around any thread that I've posted in!!!  LIAR - LYING - AND BEING VILE = what you excel at  Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 2681620681

BTW - the 'SPECSAVER™️' is a official TRADEMARK {I've been told} and unfortunately the member that used it isn't aware that it needed to be noted as such!  Ignorance often leads to ugly reactions and WTF that had to do with my avatar and on a nice 'Welcome ASPCA4EVER' thread is still a fecal matter for the admin to resolve~~~it's none of my affair either way but you seem to have gotten a huge BUG UP YOUR BUTT about the entire issue  Shocked

Now for your lack of education and a NEED TO KNOW; never let it be said that I allowed your ignorance to remain firmly intact when & if I could school you in your stupidity>>>
Spec & Span - Mexicans that clean for a living
Spec - baby or young illegal wet-back
Spic(s) - older illegal wet-back
Spicaninny - Mexicans Young Mexican girls. Combination form of Spic and Picaninny.
Spicet Fence- Mexicans 10 mexicans lined up side by side at the border.
http://www.rsdb.org/race/Mexicans
My nieces & nephews have heard them all and from people with your ability to drop such foul/hurtful words...just because you can!!!
Now your ability to drop your asinine verbal attacks has more ammunition to use at your every WHIM!

Dear specsaver/asp, I don't think that asking if you're wolfman in one thread really qualifies as trolling around the community looking for you. However, I have noticed that you're prone to histrionic, OTT reactions. I see that your reaction to the word "specsaver" was a very good example of that. I'm not pandering to your absurd paranoia. You rant as much as you like - it's highly amusing to see you getting so uptight. Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 3489511464
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:48 pm

PS. You're not Lucian are you? lol!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Anyway, I can find no reference to "Spec & Span" on the internet, but I did find a product called "Spic and Span". Is that a microaggression? Shocked

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 Prod_2898196203?src=http%3A%2F%2Fsite.unbeatablesale.com%2Fimg410%2Fhstz6988
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 Empty FOR MY TROLL...

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:PS. You're not Lucian are you? lol!

Officially Certifiable = TROLL

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 8e28d158-7daa-446b-b738-67d29898dc06

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 1348014610126-don_t_feed_the_troll_252520__252520b

Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 Troll+spray

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Specsaver, you've been here for five minutes and you're already disrupting threads. Please take your trolling and do it elsewhere. This was a good thread until you took it off topic.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:49 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@ASPCA
As he is an Aussie and i dont think you are, i have no idea why they are suggesting you are him.

besides your name would be RSPCA for the shelters down here Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 1763903427

TY...for the attempt to clarify and for those unable to read/comprehend, it will just be ignored as usual. Unfortunately the Admin assistant/moderator that started this entire ignorant issue should be given a 'come to Jesus/teachable moment' and shown this --- then perhaps his/her hyena pack will BACK THE HELL OFF!Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 2113235493

Or not and just continue to TROLL the community suspecting everyone of being a SOCK - PUPPET, because they have nothing of value to discuss!
IP's are such an easy traceable form of authenticating members; perhaps the owners need to clarify what the other admin/mod just can't grasp! Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:54 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:@ASPCA

TY...for the attempt to clarify and for those unable to read/comprehend, it will just be ignored as usual.  Unfortunately the Admin assistant/moderator that started this entire ignorant issue should be given a 'come to Jesus/teachable moment' and shown this --- then perhaps his/her hyena pack will BACK THE HELL OFF!Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 2113235493

Or not and just continue to TROLL the community suspecting everyone of being a SOCK - PUPPET, because they have nothing of value to discuss!
IP's are such an easy traceable form of authenticating members; perhaps the owners need to clarify what the other admin/mod just can't grasp!  Taking the meaning of racism too far. - Page 6 2190311264

Get a grip. Didge called you Bee, so I asked if you were wolfman - who is the same person as Bee. That was in one thread, and you got hysterical and brought it to this thread like a demented mad person. You also got hysterical about eddie. You need to calm down before you explode and make a mess of the whole forum. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:24 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:what I want to know is ....given  that ridiculous list of "micro aggressions"
what in fact could Mr white gut actually say and converse with mr "not white guy"?
you cant ask him where hes from
you cant ask him to give you a hand with your work
in fact you cant ask or speak to him much about anything it seems
and YET if you were to NOT talk to him...you would ALSO be wrong
pure idiocy ....

I've asked many people about their ethnic origins and never once have any of them been offended.  In the contrary, they've been proud to relate their origins and discuss it in depth.

To true that...Horatio; but isn't it the way that we make our inquisitive questions/approach the subject matter about our DNA linage that will garner an adult conversation instead of a antagonistic rejoinder!
Wording and intent {physical appearance/body language} given off when broaching the subject matter. For example - 'say, are you from such-in-such-a-place'...'you remind me of'...often brings the verbal exchange into a friendly discussion of ancestral linage instead of the opposite approach as: 'you must be' or 'from your color/skin pigment, you must be from' or 'you sound like you're from the southern states' --- which here in America will often be a 'that's when the fight started'; the assumption is a general - 'anyone from the south aren't too bright' and that's why they speak in THAT WAY!

Certainly doesn't make it correct or factual but that's the reason why so many humans just make those asinine ASSUMPTIONS {this community is filled with a few} and the object isn't to learn about someone - it's more the 'I'm out to nail your sorry arse to the forum wall and attack you rather then learn about you as a person'!!!Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:38 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

To true that...Horatio; but isn't it the way that we make our inquisitive questions/approach the subject matter about our DNA linage that will garner an adult conversation instead of a antagonistic rejoinder!  
Wording and intent {physical appearance/body language} given off when broaching the subject matter. For example - 'say, are you from such-in-such-a-place'...'you remind me of'...often brings the verbal exchange into a friendly discussion of ancestral linage instead of the opposite approach as: 'you must be' or 'from your color/skin pigment, you must be from' or 'you sound like you're from the southern states' --- which here in America will often be a 'that's when the fight started'; the assumption is a general - 'anyone from the south aren't too bright' and that's why they speak in THAT WAY!

Certainly doesn't make it correct or factual but that's the reason why so many humans just make those asinine ASSUMPTIONS {this community is filled with a few} and the object isn't to learn about someone - it's more the 'I'm out to nail your sorry arse to the forum wall and attack you rather then learn about you as a person'!!!:suspect:

That says more about them!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The enormous fuss about this is completely absurd.

There are comments about lessons being learned, and that these two girls need an "educational course". The onus seems to be on them to express remorse and "educate" themselves about the dangers of putting black face masks on. Why should they express remorse?

Maybe the ones who need educating are the ones who are sticking their beaks in and telling people they shouldn't put black face packs on and take photos of themselves. Of course they have a black student union where the members think a lesson should be learned. Well yes, the lesson is that they should stop being so paranoid about face packs which happen to be black.

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/uw-whitewater-students-say-blackface-photo-was-really-facial-treatment

Points to show why the above is utterly and completely born from a lack of knowledge on the history of discrimination against African Americans

The first flaw in the above is how it downplays the problem of racism. Failing to recognize that both students were not only naive but fail to evcen comprehend that it could upset some people.

So why could it easily upset some African Americans?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface#United_States

Yes there has been an on going problem for centuries where African Americans have been stereotyped and insulted this way

So just because they did not intent to be racist, ignorance oin how it can easily offend due to hundreds of years of this abuse up to the present, means they need to understand and learn from this

Maybe its about time that you8 stop makingf poor excuses all the time on just about every thread you on Racismn. Yoi always look for ways to downplay racism, ignore racism, blame the victims etc. Such racial discrimination is wrong, I suggest you start understanding this

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If white/black/Asian/Hispanic people in the US want to get hysterical about this kind of thing, it's up to them I guess. If white Americans want to keep on apologising for what someone else did before they were even born, it's up to them. It sounds to me almost like white Americans are being asked to apologise for being born white, but hey ...

You totally miss the point. No one is apologizing, nor is this a blame game. The issue is remedial action.

Today there exists present effects of prior discrimination. Those need to be addressed. That is what is at issue.

Fussing with blame and/or apologies is a waste of time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If white/black/Asian/Hispanic people in the US want to get hysterical about this kind of thing, it's up to them I guess. If white Americans want to keep on apologising for what someone else did before they were even born, it's up to them. It sounds to me almost like white Americans are being asked to apologise for being born white, but hey ...

You totally miss the point.  No one is apologizing, nor is this a blame game.  The issue is remedial action.

Today there exists present effects of prior discrimination.  Those need to be addressed.  That is what is at issue.  

Fussing with blame and/or apologies is a waste of time.

It is about blame - we all know this. The "remedial action" stems from trying to make people guilty for being born white.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:46 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:
Stormee wrote:I cannot remember much UK racism until the sob sisters/pc brigade came on the scene

Well that was Quills point earlier on, but I disagree.
I think there has been racism here (and still is) not to the extent as in the USA, and not specifically  to Black people, but Asians especially are definitely still discriminated against.....and in turn they discriminate against not only Whites but people who are from a different background, creed, culture to themselves.

The worst racist incidents I have personally  seen have been between Pakistanis and Indians in my area.

I've got West Indian friends and they hate Asians.  They call them paki's and consider them dirty.  White people don't have a monopoly on racism.

Horatio you are fabulously correct. I have been saying this for ages.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I just can't get my head round this "white privilege" shit either.

I think it's pathetic.

Good post and valid question
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next