NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hateful Twitter trolls target mother of Wisconsin teen killed by police

Go down

Hateful Twitter trolls target mother of Wisconsin teen killed by police Empty Hateful Twitter trolls target mother of Wisconsin teen killed by police

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 8:17 am

Tony Robinson, the unarmed biracial teen killed in March by police in Madison, Wisconsin deserved to die, some members of the public have boldly told his family. Other have suggested that perhaps if the 19-year-old wasn’t intoxicated and physically violent, Officer Matt Kenny would not have used lethal force. Andrea Irwin, Robinson’s mother, has previously tweeted that she wasn’t letting the hateful and insensitive words get to her. But early Tuesday morning, she had had enough, tweeting her frustration with people who seem intent on making her deceased son a villain and the white officer a hero.

I have never experienced so much hate in my life. My son is dead.. and ppl choose to hurt me because my baby died @ the hands of the POLICE!

— andrea irwin (@msdrea4) May 19, 2015

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/hateful-twitter-trolls-target-mother-of-wisconsin-teen-killed-by-police/

Back to top Go down

Hateful Twitter trolls target mother of Wisconsin teen killed by police Empty Re: Hateful Twitter trolls target mother of Wisconsin teen killed by police

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 20, 2015 8:48 am

It's just a sign of the times isn't it? Someone gets shot by the police, the mother goes public with it, appearing on talk shows and all that stuff, people don't think her son was innocent and they say so.

As soon as you put yourself out there with a controversial opinion, people will respond, and it's so much easier to do so these days.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Hateful Twitter trolls target mother of Wisconsin teen killed by police Empty Re: Hateful Twitter trolls target mother of Wisconsin teen killed by police

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 8:54 am

Raggamuffin wrote:It's just a sign of the times isn't it? Someone gets shot by the police, the mother goes public with it, appearing on talk shows and all that stuff, people don't think her son was innocent and they say so.

As soon as you put yourself out there with a controversial opinion, people will respond, and it's so much easier to do so these days.

Respond or people just being down right nasty.
Whether you think it is right for a mother to speak out on a perceived injustice to her son does not mean she is or has a right to be a target for such hate. Any mother, father, brother, sister etc would very much act in the same manner. It does not then mean it is right for people to bombard them with hate. It shows how people fail to comprehend the loss of someone where they have been killed and again where they are as seen so young.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 20, 2015 9:00 am

Lucifer Angel of Light wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It's just a sign of the times isn't it? Someone gets shot by the police, the mother goes public with it, appearing on talk shows and all that stuff, people don't think her son was innocent and they say so.

Whether you think it is right for a mother to speak out on a perceived injustice to her son does not mean she is or has a right to be a target for such hate. Any mother, father, brother, sister etc would very much act in the same manner. It does not then mean it is right for people to bombard them with hate. It shows how people fail to comprehend the loss of someone where they have been killed and again where they are as seen so young.

It's not clear what's been said. It's been reported that some people said that the guy was violent. His mother had publically said he wasn't violent, but he was on probation for armed robbery.

It's the same with anyone who goes public in that manner - the McCanns were criticised as well.

I think it depends on what's been said and how awful it is really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 9:07 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

It's not clear what's been said. It's been reported that some people said that the guy was violent. His mother had publically said he wasn't violent, but he was on probation for armed robbery.

It's the same with anyone who goes public in that manner - the McCanns were criticised as well.

I think its clear enough how awful it is.
He was on drugs, he was shot dead.
She has lost her son, and rightly challenges how he died justr like any mother would even more so due to the amount of people shot unarmed. So its no excuse to abuse people like this online. Any person who has lost someone where there is a possibility of malpractice would certainly go public.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 20, 2015 9:12 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

She has lost her son, and rightly challenges how he died justr like any mother would even more so due to the amount of people shot unarmed. So its no excuse to abuse people like this online. Any person who has lost someone where there is a possibility of malpractice would certainly go public.

Well it wasn't quite as simple as that actually - according to the reports.

There has been an investigation already, and the police officer was exonerated. If she goes out there and challenges that, she will get negative reactions. I'm not saying it's right, but people need to expect that.

Personally, I'd ban Twitter, but it's not up to me.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 9:13 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

There has been an investigation already, and the police officer was exonerated. If she goes out there and challenges that, she will get negative reactions. I'm not saying it's right, but people need to expect that.

Yes there has been a report based mot on Police testimony and how many times have we seen that to be flawed? Again you fail to factor how a parent feels if there son has been killed and how rightly where many unarmed people have been killed it will be rightly questioned if there is an injustice.The problem today is where many people would not say boo to a goose in the real world the internet has allowed people to become as nasty as possible behind the protecion of their computer screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 20, 2015 9:15 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes there has been a report based mot on Police testimony and how many times have we seen that to be flawed? Again you fail to factor how a parent feels if there son has been killed and how rightly where many unarmed people have been killed.
The problem today is where many people would not say boo to a goose in the real world the internet has allowed people to become as nasty as possible behind the protecion of their computer screen.

I do understand how she feels, but if she goes public and says her son was not violent, people will respond to that - because they don't think that's true.

I don't get all this obsession about people being armed or not. It's possible to kill or seriously hurt someone without actually being armed.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 20, 2015 9:30 am

There really needs to be some kind of educational programme in the States to tell people that if a police officers confronts them, especially with a gun, they should stay very still, put their hands up, and say NOTHING.

I don't get why people are still running away, fighting with police officers, or getting gobby with them. Just don't argue until you're in custody with a solicitor present.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 20, 2015 10:56 am

If anyone wants to analyse the video of the incident, it's here.

Caution - contains shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1eAVGbBKp4
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down