NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic Four actor attacked by Twitter trolls disappointed superhero is black in new film

Go down

Fantastic Four actor attacked by Twitter trolls disappointed superhero is black in new film Empty Fantastic Four actor attacked by Twitter trolls disappointed superhero is black in new film

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 10:23 am

Being cast in a superhero role in a major movie production is dream come true for many aspiring young actors. But, for Michael B. Jordan, the dream came with online trolls.
“You’re not supposed to go on the Internet when you’re cast as a superhero,” writes the black actor in a recent op-ed in Entertainment Weekly. He was recently cast in the newFantastic Four movie as Johnny Storm — a character originally written as a blond-haired, blue-eyed Caucasian.
But he did.
“Turns out this is what they were saying: ‘A black guy? I don’t like it. They must be doing it because Obama’s president’,” he writes. Other commenters said, “It’s not true to the comic” and “They’ve destroyed it!”
“I can see everybody’s perspective, and I know I can’t ask the audience to forget 50 years of comic books,” he continues. “But the world is a little more diverse in 2015 than when the Fantastic Four comic first came out in 1961.”
Jordan rejects some people’s suggestion that the decision of his casting is “political correctness or an attempt to meet a racial quota, or as part of the year of ‘Black film.'”
Instead, he encourages people to look at the film as a “creative choice by the director, Josh Track” and “a reflection of what a modern family looks like.”
“This is a family movie about four friends—two of whom are myself and Kate Mara as my adopted sister—who are brought together by a series of unfortunate events to create unity and a team,” he writes.
Check out the rest of his op-ed here.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/fantastic-four-actor-attacked-by-twitter-trolls-disappointed-superhero-is-black-in-new-film/

Back to top Go down

Fantastic Four actor attacked by Twitter trolls disappointed superhero is black in new film Empty Re: Fantastic Four actor attacked by Twitter trolls disappointed superhero is black in new film

Post by eddie Sun May 24, 2015 10:41 am

I do see the point of the people who have followed the comic religiously - this happened with the whole James Bond thing recently too.

Times have changed. The new Annie movie stars a little black girl as Annie. This didn't bother me, but the fact they completely changed the storyline did.
Just call the film a different name if you're not going to stick to the same format!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Fantastic Four actor attacked by Twitter trolls disappointed superhero is black in new film Empty Re: Fantastic Four actor attacked by Twitter trolls disappointed superhero is black in new film

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 1:13 pm

eddie wrote:I do see the point of the people who have followed the comic religiously - this happened with the whole James Bond thing recently too.

Times have changed. The new Annie movie stars a little black girl as Annie. This didn't bother me, but the fact they completely changed the storyline did.
Just call the film a different name if you're not going to stick to the same format!!
i had every single FF comic as well as spiderman,teen titans,iron man ,Thor, Xmen you name it i had it over two thousand comics when i was a kid even captain Britain
I filled two wardrobes with them if i had them today they would be worth a small fortune (thanks dad) and i personally don`t give a crap what colour he is especially when you consider a lot of superhero's where a multitude of colours anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:07 pm

eddie wrote:I do see the point of the people who have followed the comic religiously - this happened with the whole James Bond thing recently too.

The thing is though Eddie, these original comics books were written as a bases of a racial line of thinking, the white middle class family ethos and are thus very much out of date and racially so to the modern world. It matters little if you are going to cast an actor to a fictional comic book which basically happens in most of the adaptions to films anyway. This is just some people exposing how utterly backward in thinking they are and using as a means to abuse the actor online with. If they do not like the casting then they have the option not to watch the film.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down