NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'

+11
scrat
captain
gerber
nicko
Lone Wolf
Cass
Irn Bru
Eilzel
Tommy Monk
Original Quill
eddie
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board' - Page 3 Empty Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Malaysian passenger plane has crashed in Ukraine, according to aviation sources cited by the Russian news agency Interfax.

The airliner, with an unspecified number of people on board, is thought to have come down close to the border with Russia.

It is not yet known where the aircraft was flying to or from, or what airline was involved.

More follows...

Update:

4:14pm UK, Thursday 17 July 2014

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/malaysian-passenger-plane-crashes-in-ukraine

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'
A Boeing 777 travelling from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur reportedly comes down in Ukraine, close to the Russian border.
4:31pm UK, Thursday 17 July 2014
Ukraine plane crash

The plane is believed to have come down near the Ukraine-Russia border
Ukraine plane crashPlay

LiveUkraine

Live Stream: Malaysian Passenger Plane Crashes In Ukraine
Enlarge

Email

A Malaysian passenger plane has crashed in Ukraine, according to aviation sources cited by the Russian news agency Interfax.

The airliner, which was travelling from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur with 295 people on board, is thought to have come down close to the border with Russia.

A spokesman for Malaysian Airlines has confirmed "an incident" on board one of its flights and is expected to release a statement shortly.

The aircraft involved is believed to be a Boeing 777 with flight number MH17, which departed from Amsterdam at 12.14am local time.

Sky's Katie Stallard, in Moscow, said media reports suggest the plane came down in an area where there has been recent heavy fighting amid continuing tensions between Russia and Ukraine.

More follows:

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/malaysian-plane-shot-down-with-295-on-board

Back to top Go down

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board' - Page 3 Empty Re: Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'

Post by Guest Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Christie wrote:
LITTLE MISS PERFECT wrote:

I will mention to new comers if they are being abused and don't know why just so they know the extent of the problem edds , i know you are doing your best and i appreciate it xx

Thanks for the concern Little Miss, but I have seen this members abusive posts before (hard to miss really as its all he seems to do), but never for a moment did I think he would turn on me as I have never conversed with him before now and I believe my post was perfectly reasonable. I guess I will be added to his hit list now, but seriously, his sort of behaviour should have been nipped in the bud at the start.

your welcome , i didn't even know him until i joined here and can't even remember debating a single topic with him and like you he just pounced with his abuse . I agree with you 100% that his behaviour should have been stopped straight away . Smile 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board' - Page 3 Empty Re: Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:00 am

Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:58 am

Latest news from the UK

Rebels Call For Truce To Allow MH17 Probe

Pro-Russian separatists have said they will grant monitors safe access to the Malaysia Airlines crash site if Kiev agrees a truce.

Andrei Purgin, deputy PM of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic said his troops would "guarantee the safety of international experts on the scene" as soon as a deal with Ukraine was struck on a ceasefire.

If the offer was rejected by Kiev, he warned it would suggest the government was made up of "dangerous lunatics, bloodthirsty maniacs (who are) dangerous not only for the residents of Donbass but also for the world community".

http://news.sky.com/story/1304247/rebels-call-for-truce-to-allow-mh17-probe

Australia Warns Russia Not To Tamper With Site

Australian prime minister Tony Abbott has said he fears Russia will interfere with the MH17 crash site and that allegations of pro-Russian rebels meddling with evidence is "outrageous".

An emotional Tony Abbott told ABC: "My fear is that Russia will say the right thing, but that on the ground interference with the site, interference with investigators, interference with the dignified treatment of bodies will continue."

http://news.sky.com/story/1304214/australia-warns-russia-not-to-tamper-with-site

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:27 am

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REASSURE ME THAT WOLF MAN IS NOT AN ESCAPED MENTAL PATIENT , I'M GETTING VERY CONCERNED FOR HIM NOW HE INSULTS MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM AND THEN PLAYS THE VICTIM .
SERIOUSLY I USED TO THINK HE WAS JUST A WIND UP BUT NOW I DO REALLY BELIEVE HE IS DANGEROUS TO OTHER HUMANS .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:30 am

Sassy wrote:Rolling Eyes 
If there was a 'like' option on here i would have clicked it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I'm no friend of VOD, but Bee, you are out of control, people berated Catman, but you are just as bad. Take your medication for crying out loud, it's getting beyond a joke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:31 pm

I am disgusted with Sky News.

I don't know if anyone else watched it, but around 15 mins ago (before I nipped to the shop), A Sky News reporter was taking the viewers on a 'tour' of the scene and he went through the luggage of victims taking out belongings and showing them to the camera. He eventually came to his senses and said 'we really shouldn't be doing this' .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:34 pm

It was Sky presenter Colin Brazier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:36 pm

FGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Christie wrote:I am disgusted with Sky News.

I don't know if anyone else watched it, but around 15 mins ago (before I nipped to the shop), A Sky News reporter was taking the viewers on a 'tour' of the scene and he went through the luggage of victims taking out belongings and showing them to the camera. He eventually came to his senses and said 'we really shouldn't be doing this' .

Now that is sick!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Bee let it go please!  No 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:49 pm

I have now emailed Sky News my disgust. I really thought that they were above all this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Christie wrote:I have now emailed Sky News my disgust. I really thought that they were above all this.

don't blame you......that is sick but its all about the ratings game and lets just forget that people died here......crassness in the extreme.

let us know if you hear anything back from them please x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Cool  @ "Christie" and VoD:

YOU'RE both full of crap, as is to be expected...

As for "Christie's" ignorant and aggressive attack on me last night ~ obviously she's not aware of different time zones; nor does she appear to actually have noticed what I wrote before attacking me out of the blue.. (I'd like that ignorant fool to show me Aussie death tolls on British news bulletins ?).

WHY Christie made an unprovoked and unwarranted attack on me in the middle of a couple of other troublemakers already harassing me on here, only "she" will ever honestly know.

FOR either of these lying and hypocritical wannabe-trolls to then come on here and claim all innocently that I attacked them for no reason at all ~ that just "takes the cake"..  Suspect 

wind your neck in you fool......she made a statement, no rudeness no swearing no nothing and you over-reacted like a Berk and continue to do so by stuff like this. stop it please, apologise and go back to being a good debater that you can be. you only show yourself up when you do this leading people to tend to ignore the good stuff you write.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:41 pm

I take it nobody noticed that whenever there's a major disaster,human tragedy ALL the sky news reporters turn up at the location like its a fucking jolly day out asking stupid questions "you've just lost your..... how do you feel ??
the sad music and constant repeating of news like a soap opera is doing my head in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:55 pm

Cass wrote:
Christie wrote:I have now emailed Sky News my disgust. I really thought that they were above all this.

don't blame you......that is sick but its all about the ratings game and lets just forget that people died here......crassness in the extreme.

Only received a bog standard reply from them Cass.

Thank you for writing to Sky News. Your email has been sent to our editorial team.

We get a large volume of correspondence and we cannot send out individual replies to all the emails we receive. However, we welcome your feedback, and your comments are seen by our news desk and production staff. We may act on your comments, even if you don’t receive a personal reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Now can a reporter, another human being, have so little respect for the victims and their families?

I did hear that a woman lost two members of her family in the plane that went missing and now another two in this plane disaster.

Doesn't bear thinking about.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:25 pm

^ They may aswell not send out *any* reply if they're not prepared to proffer an individual response.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:26 pm

lovedust wrote:^ They may aswell not send out *any* reply if they're not prepared to proffer an individual response.

Hi LD,
It's just ignorant isn't it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:44 pm

eddie wrote:Now can a reporter, another human being, have so little respect for the victims and their families?

I did hear that a woman lost two members of her family in the plane that went missing and now another two in this  plane disaster.

Doesn't bear thinking about.

bloody hell that's tragic poor woman  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:47 pm

eddie wrote:
lovedust wrote:^ They may aswell not send out *any* reply if they're not prepared to proffer an individual response.

Hi LD,
It's just ignorant isn't it?
sky are like vultures picking over the corpses

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:02 pm

diddums lonely wolf add this to your list of wows  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Cass wrote:

wind your neck in you fool......she made a statement,  no rudeness no swearing no nothing and you over-reacted like a Berk and continue to do so by stuff like this. stop it please, apologise and go back to being a good debater that you can be. you only show yourself up when you do this leading people to tend to ignore the good stuff you write.

Rolling Eyes 

MIND your own business, Cass...

Christie may well have been unlucky enough, as to be "in the wrong place at the wrong time.."

VoD however, had NO business attacking me ~ she wasn't even on the thread, before she jumped in to attack me.

AND she hasn't actually added anything worthwhile to the subject matter since..   Suspect

Dare I be so brazen and ask - is that an apology from you Lone Wolf?  Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Cass wrote:

wind your neck in you fool......she made a statement,  no rudeness no swearing no nothing and you over-reacted like a Berk and continue to do so by stuff like this. stop it please, apologise and go back to being a good debater that you can be. you only show yourself up when you do this leading people to tend to ignore the good stuff you write.

Rolling Eyes 

Christie may well have been unlucky enough, as to be "in the wrong place at the wrong time.."

VoD however, had NO business attacking me ~ she wasn't even on the thread, before she jumped in to attack me.

AND she hasn't actually added anything worthwhile to the subject matter since..   Suspect

Christie has just as much right to be here as you and I, Bee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Let's settle it down.  Bee: deep breath, short memory and we're back into the game.

Putin is now steadfastly blaming the Ukrainians.  WTF did they do?  It was Russian troops, without uniform insignia, trained (poorly) by other Russian troops, with Russian SA-11s.  It was Russia's annual: Let's kill some innocent people and dance.

Putin is a liar of the order we had pre-WWII.  And of course, lying leads to murder, as we saw with GWB and Dick Cheney.  And the band played on...

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Cass wrote:
 Rolling Eyes 

no I wont so there nah nah nah nah nah.

you attacked Christie for no good reason - wrong place my arse - as LD says she has a right to be here just as much as WE do without you going after here for no damn good reason.....man up and apologise......

as tour "feud" with VOD - sorry you both look like berks who cant let things go but hey knock yourselves out insulting each other if that's what you like. as they say any attention including negative is good attention

* rolling my own eyes cause I cant do the damn smileys on my kindle*
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Christie wrote:
Cass wrote:

Only received a bog standard reply from them Cass.

Thank you for writing to Sky News. Your email has been sent to our editorial team.

We get a large volume of correspondence and we cannot send out individual replies to all the emails we receive. However, we welcome your feedback, and your comments are seen by our news desk and production staff. We may act on your comments, even if you don’t receive a personal reply.

cheers and well done that girl for standing up.

tbh I didn't expect anything else....the are just ghouls now. I understand we have to have reporters there to cover the story but this is going beyond decency.

^eddie if its true about that woman you mentioned then my heart is breaking.....I honestly got tears when I saw that.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Cass wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
 Rolling Eyes 

Cass, I think we do those innocent people a disservice if we sit here bickering, when we should be fixing the real blame. This is Russian arrogance, with Putin holding expansionist aims next to his breast. See him for what he is. Ex-head of the KGB, and a died-in-the-wool Soviet.

you attacked Christie for no good reason - wrong place my arse - as LD says she has a right to be here just as much as WE do without you going after here for no damn good reason.....man up and apologise......

as tour "feud" with VOD - sorry you both look like berks who cant let things go but hey knock yourselves out insulting each other if that's what you like. as they say any attention including negative is good attention

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:43 pm

^Quill I said it before when Russia invaded Ukraine - hes trying to rebuild. without a doubt he is somewhere behind this in the shadows - whether supplying the equipment or turning a blind eye or funding etc....

sadly though I don't think the families will get any justice - everyone is wary of him and nobody has the money or backing to call him out on it. Sanctions only hurt innocent people not the corrupt politicians

Ps ive said my piece for now - up to others to take further if necessary xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Putin is the reincarnation of Hitler. He has his Brown Shirts in the Ukraine and he is re-enacting Czechoslovakia.

Don't forget, he is ex-Director of the KGB. The Soviet regime was one of privilege, if anything. He is trying to recreate it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Cass wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
 Rolling Eyes 

I don't even know the prick and he is the one following me around fucking threads , so please do not call me a berk when it is him that started this whole fucking stupid thing .

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:22 pm

I don't even know the prick and he is the one...

He was the former head of the KGB, before the Soviet Union fell. He was a conservative even during glasnost and the call for Perestroika.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
I don't even know the prick and he is the one...

He was the former head of the KGB, before the Soviet Union fell.  He was a conservative even during glasnost and the call for Perestroika.

I don't know who the fuck he is , he is an idiot who pounces on people and for some reason targets me all the time .
I don't care what he was the former head of , he has a screw loose and needs help .

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:

He was the former head of the KGB, before the Soviet Union fell.  He was a conservative even during glasnost and the call for Perestroika.

I don't know who the fuck he is , he is an idiot who pounces on people and for some reason targets me all the time .
I don't care what he was the former head of , he has a screw loose and needs help .

Write a letter to the UN. Right now, the entire world is pissed off.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Write a letter to the UN.  Right now, the entire world is pissed off.
lol he isn't worth my time , but if he backed off i would too i said that ages ago . It really isn't my nature to swear and argue .

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Cheers.  Basketball 

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:38 pm

MH17 crash: Kerry lays out evidence of pro-Russia separatists' responsibility
US secretary of state lists 'enormous input that points fingers' and urges Moscow to act as rebels move victims' bodies from crash site
Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board' - Page 3 Pro-Russia-separatists-gu-011
Pro-Russia separatists guarding the train station where bodies of MH17 victims have been taken. Photograph: Robert Ghement/EPA

The US secretary of state, John Kerry, has said all the evidence surrounding the downed Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 points towards pro-Russia separatists in eastern Ukraine being to blame. He spoke out as bodies of victims were moved by rebels on to trains several miles from the crash site.

Kerry appeared on all five major US Sunday talkshows to lay out the Obama administration's case against the separatists and to call on Russia to act and stop them from blocking an investigation into the firing of a surface-to-air missile that brought down the plane on Thursday, claiming 298 lives.

"We have enormous input about this that points fingers," Kerry told CNN's State of the Union. "It is pretty clear that this was a system from Russia, transferred to separatists. We know with confidence that the Ukrainians did not have such a system anywhere near the vicinity at that point of time."

He said the US knew that in the last month there had been a "major flow of arms and weapons from Russia to the eastern part of Ukraine and turned over to the separatists".

Kerry said social media reports and US surveillance put the missile system in question in the vicinity of the crash before the tragedy.

"We know because we observed it by imagery that at the moment of the shootdown we detected a launch from that area," he said. "Our trajectory shows that it went to the aircraft.

"We also know to a certainty that social media immediately afterwards saw reports of separatists bragging about knocking down a plane and then the so-called defence minister of Donetsk, Igor Strelkov, posted a report bragging about the shoot-down of a transport plane."

The case against the separatists was further backed by evidence from voice intercepts and a video of a launcher moving back into Russia with at least one missing missile, said Kerry.

Kerry called on Russia to "step up publicly and join in the effort to make sure there is a full fledged investigation".

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board' - Page 3 UkraineMissileSiteWEB210714
Last week, the Russian foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, said the US president, Barack Obama, should "stop lecturing Russia".

Kerry said he had spoken to Lavrov on Saturday. "It was a direct and tough conversation," he said.

Dianne Feinstein, chairman of the Senate select committee on intelligence, told CNN the type of equipment Russia had supplied to the separatists should only go to someone with "an ethical compass".

"Now we find out it's been given to separatists who are in many respects thugs. And it's been used in a very terrible way."

"The nexus between Russia and the separatists has been established very clearly," Feinstein added. "So the issue is, where is [the Russian president, Vladimir] Putin? I would say: 'Putin, you have to man up. You have to say this was a mistake,' which I hope it was."

Putin has urged the pro-Moscow rebels in eastern Ukraine to cooperate and insisted that an international investigation must not leap to conclusions. Moscow denies involvement and has pointed the finger at Kiev's military.

Ukraine and its western allies accuse Moscow of fuelling a pro-Russia uprising that threatens to break up the former Soviet republic of 46 million people. Russia denies orchestrating the unrest and says Ukraine's attempts to end it by military force are making the situation worse.

On Sunday, the bodies of the victims were loaded on to three railway carriages, apparently with refrigerator capability, standing at the train station in the town of Torez, several miles from the crash site in the Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine.

The Guardian witnessed the arrival of a delegation from the international monitoring body the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) at around midday local time on Sunday to inspect the wagons, accompanied by a convoy of heavily armed and nervous rebels.

As they opened the metal door to one of the carriages to inspect the interior, a stench of death wafted out, and black body bags were visible inside.

"The special monitoring mission in its third day dealing with the incident has now monitored the location where bodies are being refrigerated in three wagons," said Alexander Hug, the deputy chief of the mission.

"We have not been able to count them as that would be too difficult in this situation."

Michael Bociurkiw, the spokesman for the mission, added: "Going inside the wagons is impossible without special equipment. The stench is very, very bad."

The OSCE, which has had its access to the crash site itself limited in recent days, left in a convoy to return to the crash site.

There have been no international investigators at the scene. Ukrainian authorities say they are setting up facilities for relatives to stay and autopsies in the city of Kharkiv, about 200 miles away.

Armed separatists at the scene refused to say how many bodies were in the train carriages or when they would leave. The train driver told the Guardian he had no idea of the train's destination.

The local department of Ukraine's emergencies ministry in the eastern Donetsk region said on Sunday that 196 bodies had been found at the site where the Malaysian airliner crashed.

"As of 7am on 20 July, in the Shakhtarsky region of the crash site of the Boeing 777, 196 bodies were found," it said in a statement, adding that divers were involved in the search because the area included a reservoir.

It also emerged on Sunday that the UN security council was considering a draft resolution to condemn the "shooting down" of a Malaysian passenger plane in Ukraine, demand armed groups grant access to the crash site, and call on states in the region to cooperate with an international investigation.

Australia – which lost 28 citizens – circulated a draft text, seen by Reuters, to the 15-member security council late on Saturday, and diplomats, speaking on condition of anonymity, said it could be put to a vote as early as Monday.

The draft resolution "demands that those responsible for this incident be held to account and that all states cooperate fully with efforts to establish accountability".

It "condemns in the strongest terms the shooting down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 … resulting in the tragic loss of 298 lives" and "demands that all states and other actors in the region refrain from acts of violence directed against civilian aircraft."

Russia's UN mission declined to comment on the draft security council resolution.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/20/mh17-crash-kerry-evidence-pro-russia-separatists-responsibility

The looting and the taking pictures of bodies and luggage was simply intolerable. The more pressure they put on Putin the better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:39 pm

It's disgusting the way that the authorities are being denied full access to the crash site to recover the bodies and to determine how exactly this airliner was brought down.

Unfortunately there is not lot that anyone can do about it except complain through diplomacy but it's probably already too late as the scene has been completely contaminated by interference.

It's truly shocking.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:49 am

Regarding what I said yesterday:

Sky News was forced to apologise last night after one of its presenters was seen sifting through personal belongings among the wreckage of Flight MH17.

In a live broadcast, presenter Colin Brazier was shown picking items – including a set of keys and a toothbrush – out of the open luggage before saying: ‘We really shouldn’t be doing this, I suppose.’

Amid growing anger over the desecration of the crash site and allegations of looting by pro-Russian rebels, Brazier’s actions sparked a furious response on social media.

BBC radio presenter Shelagh Fogarty said: ‘Sky!! Get your reporter to STOP rummaging thru the belongings at #mH17 crash site. “We shouldn’t really be doing this” NO S**T Sherlock !! Those items are essentially sacred things now for the relatives. Just appalling.’

Media professor Joe Watson called it a ‘horrible moment for journalism’.

A spokesman for Sky News said: ‘Today whilst presenting from the site of the MH17 air crash, Colin Brazier reflected on the human tragedy of the event and showed audiences the content of one of the victims’ bags. Colin immediately recognised that this was inappropriate and said so on air.

‘Both Colin and Sky News apologise profusely for any offence caused.’ Brazier later gave a moving account of coming across scores of human remains at the site.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2699229/Sky-News-apologises-reporter-rifles-luggage-MH17-victims-live-air.html#ixzz386Bm9zNU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:55 am

The train waiting with some of the bodies reminds me of films of WW2 with Nazi station masters and the poor people cattle prodded inside.

Disgusting.

Time some control is taken and if it means military from all countries involved so be it.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Who are these thugs parading around with their a k's? And why are they wearing masks? are they afraid some one will recognise them as Russian special forces?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:38 pm

As i said the other day - we will never know the truth - all we will hear is claims by all sides (and that includes our government and media) of wrongdoing by the other sides.

Oh, and you can throw in there spectators such as most of the people on this forum and every other forum lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Christie wrote:

Regarding what I said yesterday:

Sky News was forced to apologise last night after one of its presenters was seen sifting through personal belongings among the wreckage of Flight MH17.

In a live broadcast, presenter Colin Brazier was shown picking items – including a set of keys and a toothbrush – out of the open luggage before saying: ‘We really shouldn’t be doing this, I suppose.’

Amid growing anger over the desecration of the crash site and allegations of looting by pro-Russian rebels, Brazier’s actions sparked a furious response on social media.

BBC radio presenter Shelagh Fogarty said: ‘Sky!! Get your reporter to STOP rummaging thru the belongings at #mH17 crash site. “We shouldn’t really be doing this” NO S**T Sherlock !! Those items are essentially sacred things now for the relatives. Just appalling.’

Media professor Joe Watson called it a ‘horrible moment for journalism’.

A spokesman for Sky News said: ‘Today whilst presenting from the site of the MH17 air crash, Colin Brazier reflected on the human tragedy of the event and showed audiences the content of one of the victims’ bags. Colin immediately recognised that this was inappropriate and said so on air.

‘Both Colin and Sky News apologise profusely for any offence caused.’ Brazier later gave a moving account of coming across scores of human remains at the site.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2699229/Sky-News-apologises-reporter-rifles-luggage-MH17-victims-live-air.html#ixzz386Bm9zNU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

To be fair, I think he was just trying to highlight the fact that ordinary people were killed. He did realise and stopped doing it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:01 pm

DC has named Russia in the HOC
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:07 pm

nicko wrote:Who are these thugs parading around with their a k's? And why are they wearing masks? are they afraid some one will recognise them as Russian special forces?

Question right on point!  They are Russian troops, masquerading as Ukrainians, hoping to convince the world that this is not actually an invasion--which, of course, it definitely is.  Putin wants this war to appear as a grass roots insurrection from within, rather than a blatant land grab by Russia.

The Russian troops have been ordered to tear off the insignias on their uniforms, and in some instances to wear masks so no personal identification can be made, and a connection back to Russia established.  It's a common enough practice, started in the war against the Narcos in Colombia and Bolivia.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:19 pm

This is yet another fishy story that wreaks of propaganda.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:34 pm

RT is reporting that there is radar data showing an unidentified military let in the area at the time and satellite images of Ukrainian missile launchers in area too, and increased activity at these stations around the shoe too....

And I agree captainJane.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next