NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MALAYSIAN AIRLINE'S Scumbag Exec's Show their 'True Colours' !

2 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

MALAYSIAN AIRLINE'S Scumbag Exec's Show their 'True Colours' ! Empty Re: MALAYSIAN AIRLINE'S Scumbag Exec's Show their 'True Colours' !

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Classic attempt to "evaluate" the value of a person.  Why don't they just ask what mother meant to them?  Because they can't quantify mum that way, that's why.  See...if they reduce it to a numbers game, they can construct a map of how to reduce the numbers.  Simple, eh?

A good way to counter this tactic is for each family member to keep a log, in narrative form, day-by-day, of how they have missed the decedent...let's call her mum.  Not just how much, but specifics about how mum used to help looking after the kids, how she would read to them, and non-economic things like how she would tell stories (or jokes) at family gatherings, or how she reminded you of dates and appointments, how she used to make you feel good about yourself, what a great cook she was, etc.  These are things of non-economic value, and are not only intrinsically relevant, but confound the defendants' attempt to turn mum into an economic calculator. They change the nature of the game.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

MALAYSIAN AIRLINE'S Scumbag Exec's Show their 'True Colours' ! Empty Re: MALAYSIAN AIRLINE'S Scumbag Exec's Show their 'True Colours' !

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:08 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure UK law when setting out a compensation claim, the amount the person would have earned is always the basis, something that I long though was very unfair, and I'm pretty sure how much you miss them is never taken into account.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:35 pm

risingsun wrote:Well, I'm pretty sure UK law when setting out a compensation claim, the amount the person would have earned is always the basis, something that I long though was very unfair, and I'm pretty sure how much you miss them is never taken into account.

Yes, that's the classic way banks and insurance companies try to set things up in order to have things their way. It's not the way you or I think of mum or dad--a money-making machine, ffs??--but its the way they can bargain you down.

UK law is the result of lobbyists, just like US law. The only people who can afford lobbyists are banks and insurance companies, and the like. It's how corporations control your life. It's how they end up with 99-percent of all the wealth and you become a one-percenter.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Have to agree with that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down