NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones

3 posters

Go down

growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Empty growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Smartphones are amazing. They connect us with our world in ways we probably couldn't even imagine our phone doing just a few years ago, but they also have their downsides like fast-draining batteries, large size and addictive qualities.

A recent news story that has made the rounds in several publications is about how a wave of people -- young and old alike -- are returning to old school, simple cell phones instead of smartphones. The smartphone market isn't slowing down, but many people are choosing the older models for a wide range of reasons.

The Daily Mail reports that cell phone resellers have seen a surge in purchases since last year. Vintage models like old Nokias, Ericssons and Motorolas are not only selling quickly, but at large sums.

"Some people don't blink at the prices, we have models at more than €1,000 (£810 or $1,360)," Djassem Haddad, who started the site vintagemobile.fr in 2009, told AFP.

"The high prices are due to the difficulty in finding those models, which were limited editions in their time."
http://www.treehugger.com/gadgets/why-old-school-cell-phones-are-making-comeback.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Empty Re: growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 6:15 pm

growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Old_school_cell_phones.jpg.662x0_q100_crop-scale

I had the Sony phone in that pic, I wonder if I can find it??!! Might be worth a fortune growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Money10

Have to admit I love my iPhone so won't be going back in time! growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Phone10

Back to top Go down

growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Empty Re: growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 29, 2014 6:30 pm

feelthelove wrote:growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Old_school_cell_phones.jpg.662x0_q100_crop-scale

I had the Sony phone in that pic, I wonder if I can find it??!! Might be worth a fortune growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Money10

Have to admit I love my iPhone so won't be going back in time! growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Phone10

I still have several old "dumb" phones, including a few that aren't so dumb (the kind with the slider keyboard for easier texting). Might want to see what I could get as well!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Old_school_cell_phones.jpg.662x0_q100_crop-scale

I still have several old "dumb" phones, including a few that aren't so dumb (the kind with the slider keyboard for easier texting). Might want to see what I could get as well!

Think it's time for Hubby to hunt out the loft Ben growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Thumbs10 cheers lol!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Laughing 

I have a Siemens non-smart mobile sitting in a drawer here, whose battery died when that phone was practically worth zilch...

I wonder if it's in that in-demand-again group now ?   Razz 

Do it Bee, you never know! We could be rich, RICH I tell you!!!!!! growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Cracki10

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 29, 2014 10:39 pm

BECAUSE ITS AN IPHONE DUDE!

growing trend of people going back to "dumb" cell phones Image10
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down