NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apple Evaded Billions in Taxes by Using Irish Subsidiaries

3 posters

Go down

Apple Evaded Billions in Taxes by Using Irish Subsidiaries Empty Apple Evaded Billions in Taxes by Using Irish Subsidiaries

Post by Lurker Tue May 21, 2013 2:31 pm

As Apple CEO Tim Cook awakens Tuesday morning to prep for a hearing on Capitol Hill about corporate taxes, the lawmakers set to question him are armed with a report saying his company kept billions in profits in Irish subsidiaries to pay little to no taxes to any government.
In a 40-page memorandum released Monday, the Senate's Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations identified three subsidiaries that have no "tax residency" in Ireland, where they are incorporated, or in the United States, where company executives manage those companies.
The main subsidiary, a holding company that includes Apple's retail stores throughout Europe, has not paid any corporate income tax in the last five years.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/apple-avoided-billions-taxes-using-irish-subsidiaries-senate-report-says-6C10009730
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Apple Evaded Billions in Taxes by Using Irish Subsidiaries Empty Re: Apple Evaded Billions in Taxes by Using Irish Subsidiaries

Post by Lurker Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Tax traitors should be shot at sunrise. These people are anti-American and hate their country. They do anything for the almighty dollar and don't care that they are causing the government to fall. How will they operate when they bring down the government and anarchy prevails?
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Apple Evaded Billions in Taxes by Using Irish Subsidiaries Empty Re: Apple Evaded Billions in Taxes by Using Irish Subsidiaries

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 21, 2013 11:12 pm

I read that Rand Paul is saying the U.S. Senate is "bullying" Apple over this. I for one plan to trade in my iPhone ASAP and never buy another piece of iCrap.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 21, 2013 11:34 pm

@lurker
but..but.... Capitialsim pig

This is the system that has been created by the Corporate Oligarcy that rules America (and most of the world)
is any one seriously surprised that organisations whose sole goal it to make money, lead by men whose sole goal is to make money do everything they can to make more money?

Now I'm not one to Defend Apple but I'm pretty sure that a lot if not most of the Multinational out of the US do this, to some degree Apple probably has not paid the kick backs that it needs to to get this ignored.

but the USA has been around for a long time now and has stagnated, it does need a revolution or major upheavel to rebalance it's economy becasue as it is a few very greedy individual control way too many resources.

Personally I do Agree with Lurker, but rope is cheaper and reuseable and we should be enviromentally consious. plus the noise at sunrise would wake all the good people, hangings in the afternoon is much more civil. clown
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down