NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Doll, White Doll experiment

+4
Raggamuffin
Eilzel
Ben Reilly
eddie
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  - Page 3 Empty Black Doll, White Doll experiment

Post by eddie Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  - Page 3 Empty Re: Black Doll, White Doll experiment

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

if the Africans weren't so inferior they would not have allowed themselves to be exploited, they would have been doing the exploiting  

Kind of like when the Anglo-Saxons were enslaved by Romans, Norse, Irish, North-African Muslims and others?

Muslims do NOT participate in slavery

You naughty islamophobe you!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  - Page 3 Empty Re: Black Doll, White Doll experiment

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

if the Africans weren't so inferior they would not have allowed themselves to be exploited, they would have been doing the exploiting  

Kind of like when the Anglo-Saxons were enslaved by Romans, Norse, Irish, North-African Muslims and others?

Muslim pirates from the Barbary Coast enslaved over a million Europeans.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:20 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:just read this part

"Imagine if war was to escalate with Russia and it went Nuclear, the west would be in ruins and we would be thus the ones in need of help to survive, hence why your argument is based poorly on any given point in time. With your logic then because Africa would be unaffected we would become the more in need and without any infrastructure because it would be destroyed and we would have to start over but only with help, showing your logic would then place the white as inferior which is what you fail to grasp, when none are inferior."

you mean like europe did after WWII???

No not like the war in Europe, but again Europe  and Japan did need help to rebuild did they not from the US?

Oh my the wonder pants is starting to learn, so if this time the west is obliterated with nukes, leaving in this situation all infrastructure obliterated we would need to look further afield for help.
The infrastructure was not destroyed in all the European nations, it was in Germany for example who would again have not recovered without help

Thanks for helping me prove my point so easily

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

slavery is against Islam ben don't you know anything??

Muslims have never in the history of humankind ever ever ever ever EVER!!!!!!!!!! hurt a single hair on anyone's head, they would never resort to slavery

you are just a stupid RW islamophobe making things up so that people hate Muslims and spouting hatred against Muslims

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:28 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:just read this part

"Imagine if war was to escalate with Russia and it went Nuclear, the west would be in ruins and we would be thus the ones in need of help to survive, hence why your argument is based poorly on any given point in time. With your logic then because Africa would be unaffected we would become the more in need and without any infrastructure because it would be destroyed and we would have to start over but only with help, showing your logic would then place the white as inferior which is what you fail to grasp, when none are inferior."

you mean like europe did after WWII???

No not like the war in Europe, but again Europe  and Japan did need help to rebuild did they not from the US?

Oh my the wonder pants is starting to learn, so if this time the west is obliterated with nukes, leaving in this situation all infrastructure obliterated we would need to look further afield for help.
The infrastructure was not destroyed in all the European nations, it was in Germany for example who would again have not recovered without help

actually you prove my point

Germany needed help after WWII and when they got it they squared themselves away to the point where they are in charge of europe

blacks have been getting help for decades and still haven't managed to provide themselves with clean drinking water electricity medicine or any of the basic commodities we all take for granted

give aid to whites and they use it effectively to lift themselves out of poverty and advance themselves

give aid to blacks and they do nothing with it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:30 pm

you know watching those children describe the black dolls as ugly is horrible because all of those kids are beautiful every one of them .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:30 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Muslims have never in the history of humankind ever ever ever ever EVER!!!!!!!!!! hurt a single hair on anyone's head, they would never resort to slavery

you are just a stupid RW islamophobe making things up so that people hate Muslims and spouting hatred against Muslims

Whether you like it or not, smelly, YOUR PEOPLE were captured by Muslim pirates, completely degraded and made powerless and quite inferior:

Being captured was just the first part of a slave's nightmare journey. Many slaves died on the ships during the long voyage back to North Africa due to disease or lack of food and water. Those who survived the journey were made a spectacle of as they walked through town on their way to the slave auction. The slaves would then have to stand from eight in the morning until two in the afternoon while buyers passed by and viewed them. Next came the auction, where the townspeople would bid on the slaves they wanted to purchase and once that was over, the governor of Algiers (the Dey) had the chance to purchase any slave he wanted for the price they were sold at the auction. During the auctions the slaves would be forced to run and jump around to show their strength and stamina. After purchase, these slaves would either become slaves for ransom, or they would be put to work. Slaves were used for a wide variety of jobs, from hard manual labor to housework (the job assigned to most women slaves). At night the slaves were put into prisons called 'bagnios' that were often hot and overcrowded. However, these bagnios began improving by the 18th century, and some bagnios had chapels, hospitals, shops, and bars run by slaves, though such amenities remained uncommon.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:31 pm

VOD(original) wrote:you know watching those children describe the black dolls as ugly is horrible because all of those kids are beautiful every one of them .

Well said Vod!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:32 pm

thanks didge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:34 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Germany needed help after WWII and when they got it they squared themselves away to the point where they are in charge of europe

blacks have been getting help for decades and still haven't managed to provide themselves with clean drinking water electricity medicine or any of the basic commodities we all take for granted  

give aid to whites and they use it effectively to lift themselves out of poverty and advance themselves  

PMSL on what planet, not this one son, the Germans got more help than any African nation put together has ever received, because East and west Germany became part of the defense plans for both the west and the east being as it was called something you may never of heard of, the cold war, showing again why you are so bad on history and a complete dumbass.

Thanks again for proving my point

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:00 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

PMSL on what planet, not this one son, the Germans got more help than any African nation put together has ever received, because East and west Germany became part of the defense plans for both the west and the east being as it was called something you may never of heard of, the cold war, showing again why you are so bad on history and a complete dumbass.

not sure how America pumping their defense budget into bolstering Germany as a buffer against soviet aggression is the same as foreign aid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Whether you like it or not, smelly, YOUR PEOPLE were captured by Muslim pirates, completely degraded and made powerless and quite inferior:

Being captured was just the first part of a slave's nightmare journey. Many slaves died on the ships during the long voyage back to North Africa due to disease or lack of food and water. Those who survived the journey were made a spectacle of as they walked through town on their way to the slave auction. The slaves would then have to stand from eight in the morning until two in the afternoon while buyers passed by and viewed them. Next came the auction, where the townspeople would bid on the slaves they wanted to purchase and once that was over, the governor of Algiers (the Dey) had the chance to purchase any slave he wanted for the price they were sold at the auction. During the auctions the slaves would be forced to run and jump around to show their strength and stamina. After purchase, these slaves would either become slaves for ransom, or they would be put to work. Slaves were used for a wide variety of jobs, from hard manual labor to housework (the job assigned to most women slaves). At night the slaves were put into prisons called 'bagnios' that were often hot and overcrowded. However, these bagnios began improving by the 18th century, and some bagnios had chapels, hospitals, shops, and bars run by slaves, though such amenities remained uncommon.

don't let didge see you saying this ben

he will kick your ass

you're so easy to manipulate

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:02 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

not sure how America pumping their defense budget into bolstering Germany as a buffer against soviet aggression is the same as foreign aid  

Oh my, still a dummy on history, oh well and now knowing he is wrong to go back to foreign aid, when it is not all of a nation that needs foreign aid, but some, showing no comparison to events in history

You really are getting a right spanking tonight son

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:03 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

he will kick your ass

Why, what was wrong with what he said?

take your time

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:04 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

he will kick your ass

Yeah ... sure, buddy, if that makes you feel better, but I wouldn't strain your arm patting your own back or anything.  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:11 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

he will kick your ass

Yeah ... sure, buddy, if that makes you feel better, but I wouldn't strain your arm patting your own back or anything.  ::D:: 

yes ben im well aware of the islamic slave trade

but if i said anything about the islamic slave trade i would have didge and the rest of the lefty mclunatic clan arguing that it never happened in between calling me an islamophobe spouting hatred against Muslims

good to know you and i are singing off the same song sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:12 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

but if i said anything about the islamic slave trade i would have didge and the rest of the lefty mclunatic clan arguing that it never happened in between calling me an islamophobe spouting hatred against Muslims

I do not deny verifiable history, never have, so again why would I be at odds with Ben;s point, it was valid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:13 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Oh my, still a dummy on history, oh well and now knowing he is wrong to go back to foreign aid, when it is not all of a nation that needs foreign aid, but some, showing no comparison to events in history

what the fuck are you rambling on about??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:14 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

That you are a dummy and know nothing about history and avoid many points already raised and again show no valid for your argument based solely on an era

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:49 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

I do not deny verifiable history, never have, so again why would I be at odds with Ben;s point, it was valid

a remarkable change in opinion

you have always argued that Islam doesn't permit slavery

i will then show you the qur'anic commands that show it does

you will waffle and scour the internet for some help , eventually finding some Muslim cleric who you think is proving your point but in reality,because you never read your "evidence" and because you're stupid, you will miss the fact the he is actually talking about how Islam does permit slavery

ill laugh at you

you will be oblivious as to why im laughing at you, get frustrated and then start saying how you have "shown me up"

ill be all condescending and sarcastic, and that will irritate you even more

you will then start diverting the thread to show how bad European slavery was and go off on a tangent about red Indians being killed by whites and how that's means we are racist

ill bring it back and you'll start declaring victory because i have not "answered your question"

what next??

oh yes

ill bring up the islamic slave trade

you'll divert to the European slave trade and claim Europeans were worse

ill reply by saying its still ongoing in Muslim countries

you'll deny it

ill give you several examples

you'll then ask how many countries its happening in and that because its only one or ten countries it cannot possibly be part of Islam because it if was part of Islam then all Muslims would be doing it

ill bring up the fact that alcohol is prohibited in Islam but some Muslims don't take any notice

you'll ignore that's and then repeated yourself several dozen times in between declaring victory and showing that Muslims have never participated in slavery

good conversation didge

glad we had it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:51 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

That you are a dummy and know nothing about history and avoid many points already raised and again show no valid for your argument based solely on an era

does anyone know what didge is attempting to say to me??

i think didge might be a bit  ::drnkpst::  

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:21 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

No change and no to embarrass the idiot

Never once claimed that

So does that the bible, nothing new there, and 

you will waffle and scour the internet for some help , eventually finding some Muslim cleric who you think is proving your point but in reality,because you never read your "evidence" and because you're stupid, you will miss the fact the he is actually talking about how Islam does permit slavery
Again nothing relevant
ill laugh at you
More like at yourself

you will be oblivious as to why im laughing at you, get frustrated and then start saying how you have "shown me up"
No as you have not ever had me say otherwise on slavery

Actually it is making PMSL

you will then start diverting the thread to show how bad European slavery was and go off on a tangent about red Indians being killed by whites and how that's means we are racist
No just the Biblical slavery show bot religions as bad as each other 

ill bring it back and you'll start declaring victory because i have not "answered your question"
No victory, the only victory is showing bot religions are stupid and man made

what next??
Lets see

oh yes

Yes we know about Muslims involved in the slave trade how does that excuse Christians doing the same, thus showing both used religious works to make it acceptable?

No each were bad as shown both used poor excuses through religious text

I'll reply by showing you it still also happens in the west which you were so daft to think it did not and of which is of little relevance showing again religion is wrong 

you'll deny it
Nope, not denying religion is the cause of many ills

you'll then ask how many countries its happening in and that because its only one or ten countries it cannot possibly be part of Islam because it if was part of Islam then all Muslims would be doing it
Not at all, we know some Muslims allow this as do Christians because both believe it is acceptable by the bullshit text they read showing again both religions are wrong, I mean , Jesus made slaves out of his apostles, telling them to leave their family and children and drop everything for him to be puppets for him, let alone the fact his own father Yahweh endorses slavery

ill bring up the fact that alcohol is prohibited in Islam but some Muslims don't take any notice
Yes some Muslims do not just as in Christianity it is prohibited to work ona  certain day of the week and yet still some do

you'll ignore that's and then repeated yourself several dozen times in between declaring victory and showing that Muslims have never participated in slavery
No I will make a mockery of your ignorance an show your illogical view point ignores your own faith and the history of slavery excused by use of the bible you ignore, where I do not ignore the same from the Quran

good conversation didge
Was fab as just spanked you again

glad we had it

Me too

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by groomsy Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:24 am

jamie foxx is whack
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:30 am

Anyway, back to the experiment.

Did anyone find it incredibly sad that little girls and boys seemed to obviously "hate" their colour?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:34 am

eddie wrote:Anyway, back to the experiment.

Did anyone find it incredibly sad that little girls and boys seemed to obviously "hate" their colour?

Not really if you understand the experiment and reason behind why they might growing up as a minority within a  society and I also think the experiment is flawed because it is only exclusive to two and not multiple examples of different ethnicity and how the doll even looks. I would be interested to see if more where added what would be the outcome and if completely different by doing so

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:40 am

PhilDidge wrote:

Not really if you understand the experiment and reason behind why they might growing up as a minority within a  society and I also think the experiment is flawed because it is only exclusive to two and not multiple examples of different ethnicity and how the doll even looks. I would be interested to see if more where added what would be the outcome and if completely different by doing so

Did you not see the chart of different coloured children, in the later experiment, then?

Also, what does it matter how many dolls were in the first experiment? It still showed black children to be almost ashamed of their colour!
Not sure how you wouldn't find that sad tbh didge?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:45 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Where's the racism in my post?

Are you going to grow a brain any time soon and stop spamming and trolling this forum?

No, I thought not.

cyclops   A few simple 'facts of life' in reply to Baggs's guff will suffice here :

YOU are racist scum = hence, every single post of yours reeks of your inherent anti-"blacks" racism...

WHY should I bother to "grow a [second!] brain", when I clearly already have double your intelligence, triple your education levels, and easily fifty times your wits ?  You're not even in the same universe as me, let alone on the same planet..

AS Ben, Veya, Elizel, JD, and myriad others on here have already attested ~ I have never "trolled" or "spammed" on here ~ nor have you or your sluvenly cohorts ever managed to show us one minor (let alone major) example of me doing so !   You, DVO, Ungodly, Tess and eddie only reinforce your display of personal internet ignorance, while only further weakening your own positions at the same time, every time you try to libel me with your empty and ridiculous insults..    :-:bravo:-:

Please quote my "anti-black" posts. If you can't do that, then clearly you are either a moron or you're racist and sexist against white females.

What is your "education level"? Please post your educational achievements and qualifications, so that I can see if your education level is better than mine. The fact that you think I'm from another universe is a bit bonkers really, so clearly you're not very intelligent at all.  

Please stop trolling and spamming the forum with the same old rubbish, otherwise one can only conclude that you are a spammer or a troll, or both.  ::D::

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:46 am

eddie wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Did you not see the chart of different coloured children, in the later experiment, then?

Also, what does it matter how many dolls were in the first experiment? It still showed black children to be almost ashamed of their colour!
Not sure how you wouldn't find that sad tbh didge?

It matters greatly because as seen it is only two ethnicity being used and thus not expanding on the concept, thus meaning it is very limited.

Where did I say anything on being sad or not, sorry you just made that point up and again much has to do with how a minority has grown up and perceived.

This goes back again to the brown eye and blue eye experiment, the reality is black people do not have a shield to disguise who they are, people see their skin colour and are thus cast or stereotyped because of this thus having a knock on affect from parent to child, which is why you see such results in these experiments

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:46 am

I already said that. I don't think that anyone reads my posts.  Sad 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:50 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
cyclops   A few simple 'facts of life' in reply to Baggs's guff will suffice here :

YOU are racist scum = hence, every single post of yours reeks of your inherent anti-"blacks" racism...

WHY should I bother to "grow a [second!] brain", when I clearly already have double your intelligence, triple your education levels, and easily fifty times your wits ?  You're not even in the same universe as me, let alone on the same planet..

AS Ben, Veya, Elizel, JD, and myriad others on here have already attested ~ I have never "trolled" or "spammed" on here ~ nor have you or your sluvenly cohorts ever managed to show us one minor (let alone major) example of me doing so !   You, DVO, Ungodly, Tess and eddie only reinforce your display of personal internet ignorance, while only further weakening your own positions at the same time, every time you try to libel me with your empty and ridiculous insults..    :-:bravo:-:

Please quote my "anti-black" posts. If you can't do that, then clearly you are either a moron or you're racist and sexist against white females.

What is your "education level"? Please post your educational achievements and qualifications, so that I can see if your education level is better than mine. The fact that you think I'm from another universe is a bit bonkers really, so clearly you're not very intelligent at all.  

Please stop trolling and spamming the forum with the same old rubbish, otherwise one can only conclude that you are a spammer or a troll, or both.  ::D::

Rather silly question to ask, you post yours then I can claim mine is better, someone who has every confidence in their qualifications would just post what they are, not ask and wait to see to try and trump that, hence why silly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:51 am

PhilDidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Rather silly question to ask, you post yours then I can claim mine is better, someone who has every confidence in their qualifications would just post what they are, not ask and wait to see to try and trump that, hence why silly

Nonsense. If someone claims that their education level is better than mine, the onus is on them to prove it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:55 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Nonsense. If someone claims that their education level is better than mine, the onus is on them to prove it.

Its not nonsense, because you would post yours now confident in yours, by holding backs shows you are unsure Bee might have more qualifications and be better educated than you which I have no doubt he is to be honest as I know he knows plenty, but the reality is you are acting chicken waiting for him to respond to something if you had confidence would post now yourself.
Thus you are playing a chicken game waiting to see if it is better and then no doubt duck out

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:56 am

Anyway, it's interesting that these children describe the doll as black when it's clearly brown. Asking little children to pick out the "nice doll" is a bit suggestive, and this experiment has probably reinforced any prejudice these children have already learnt at such a young age.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:57 am

PhilDidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Its not nonsense, because you would post yours now confident in yours, by holding backs shows you are unsure Bee might have more qualifications and be better educated than you which I have no doubt he is to be honest as I know he knows plenty, but the reality is you are acting chicken waiting for him to respond to something if you had confidence would post now yourself.
Thus you are playing a chicken game waiting to see if it is better and then no doubt duck out

I didn't make the claim, so there is no need for me to post anything. It's up to him to back up what he's saying.

Anyway, you bore me with your incessant trolling, so I'll wait for him to back his post up - or not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:00 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

I didn't make the claim, so there is no need for me to post anything. It's up to him to back up what he's saying.

Anyway, you bore me with your incessant trolling, so I'll wait for him to back his post up - or not.

Really?

He claimed more educated, you took this to the next step by asking him to present his qualifications without any belief in yours because you have not posted them

Dear me your answer to anyone able to challenge your ignorance is to claim they are a troll, so funny and utterly pathetic, seriously it is not even hard work to show up your flawed posts

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:09 am

I think I just sent Didge a friends request by accident. Please disregard!

I meant to put him on the ignore list.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:12 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I think I just sent Didge a friends request by accident. Please disregard!

Hilarious more examples of your stupidity, love it

Smile 

It always makes me laugh how some take the forum world so serious, I may bash, insult and ridicule people who are prejudice ect but have nothing really against anyone, why would I when I do not know them. Thus showing how people easily get wrapped up in this kind of world to the extent they take things so personal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:14 am

Here Eddie you might find this interesting:

The Clark doll tests, a series of experiments regarded since the 1940s as evidence that black children were taught to ascribe negative attributes to their own race, actually reflect media portrayals of black dolls rather than psychological damage, a Harvard professor argued Wednesday.
Robin Bernstein, a professor of African and African American studies and women, gender, and sexuality, presented a critique of the historic study at a W.E.B. DuBois Institute Colloquium.
The Clark doll tests were a series of experiments conducted by black psychologists Kenneth B. and Mamie P. Clark to study children’s attitudes about race. Black children in the study were given white and black dolls and then asked which dolls were “good,” “bad,” “nice,” and “mean.” The majority of children associated positive qualities with the white dolls and negative qualities with the black ones.
Bernstein said Wednesday that the Clarks’ tests were scientifically flawed. But she said that the tests did reflect a negative portrayal of black dolls in American theater and media that dates back to the Civil War era.
Bernstein studied the history of black dolls and found that they were often featured in theatrical scenes of servitude and comic violence. Black bodies, often the subject of this violence, were portrayed as unfeeling to pain.
These representations sent the message to children that they should play with white and black dolls very differently, Bernstein said.
White children in the 19th and 20th century commonly beat, hanged, dismembered, and buried their black dolls, but they were punished for committing the same atrocities against white dolls, which their elders expected them to cherish rather than abuse.
Thus, Bernstein said, the choices made by the subjects of the Clark doll tests was not necessarily an indication of black self-hatred. Instead, it was a cultural choice between two different toys—one that was to be loved and one that was to be physically harassed, as exemplified in performance and popular media.
According to Bernstein, this argument “redeems the Clarks’ child subjects by offering a new understanding of them not as psychologically damaged dupes, but instead as agential experts in children’s culture.”
Attendees said they were impressed by Bernstein’s ability to shift the evaluation of the Clarks’ experiment from a scientific perspective to a cultural one.
“It was fascinating the way that [Bernstein] presented the Clark doll test not [as] great science, but as a test that had a narrative arc,” said Elliot A. Wilson ’15.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:08 pm

The psychology of this goes way over my head, it could just be a light or dark thing, however I don't think there's as much negative connotation placed on skin colour these days, obviously it's still going on, but thankfully progress regarding the effects of racial profiling are being studied and addressed, and so they should be.

I'm white, so I can only try and imagine what it's like to suffer racism, the RWhinge hate not being able to call black people derogatory names, they call it political correctness gone mad, which simply exposes another aspect of their collective nastiness.

Try and make the world a better place, common decency costs nothing!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think I just sent Didge a friends request by accident. Please disregard!

I did that as well!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:00 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

No change and no to embarrass the idiot

Never once claimed that

So does that the bible, nothing new there, and 

Again nothing relevant
ill laugh at you
More like at yourself

No as you have not ever had me say otherwise on slavery

Actually it is making PMSL

No just the Biblical slavery show bot religions as bad as each other 

No victory, the only victory is showing bot religions are stupid and man made

what next??
Lets see

oh yes

Yes we know about Muslims involved in the slave trade how does that excuse Christians doing the same, thus showing both used religious works to make it acceptable?

No each were bad as shown both used poor excuses through religious text

I'll reply by showing you it still also happens in the west which you were so daft to think it did not and of which is of little relevance showing again religion is wrong 

you'll deny it
Nope, not denying religion is the cause of many ills

Not at all, we know some Muslims allow this as do Christians because both believe it is acceptable by the bullshit text they read showing again both religions are wrong, I mean , Jesus made slaves out of his apostles, telling them to leave their family and children and drop everything for him to be puppets for him, let alone the fact his own father Yahweh endorses slavery

Yes some Muslims do not just as in Christianity it is prohibited to work ona  certain day of the week and yet still some do

No I will make a mockery of your ignorance an show your illogical view point ignores your own faith and the history of slavery excused by use of the bible you ignore, where I do not ignore the same from the Quran

good conversation didge
Was fab as just spanked you again

glad we had it

Me too

i often find that people who have to declare themselves the winner usually aren't

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:19 pm

Catman wrote:

We have something in common at last.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

We have something in common at last.  Laughing 

I have him on ignore too it makes it much more pleasant , the only way i see his posts are if my husband quotes or if i am debating something i do sometimes look at what he has said but it is very rare. I also have lone wolf on ignore Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:01 pm

very sad edds , i think all those children are beautiful everyone of them

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:28 pm

PhilDidge wrote:Here Eddie you might find this interesting:

The Clark doll tests, a series of experiments regarded since the 1940s as evidence that black children were taught to ascribe negative attributes to their own race, actually reflect media portrayals of black dolls rather than psychological damage, a Harvard professor argued Wednesday.
Robin Bernstein, a professor of African and African American studies and women, gender, and sexuality, presented a critique of the historic study at a W.E.B. DuBois Institute Colloquium.
The Clark doll tests were a series of experiments conducted by black psychologists Kenneth B. and Mamie P. Clark to study children’s attitudes about race. Black children in the study were given white and black dolls and then asked which dolls were “good,” “bad,” “nice,” and “mean.” The majority of children associated positive qualities with the white dolls and negative qualities with the black ones.
Bernstein said Wednesday that the Clarks’ tests were scientifically flawed. But she said that the tests did reflect a negative portrayal of black dolls in American theater and media that dates back to the Civil War era.
Bernstein studied the history of black dolls and found that they were often featured in theatrical scenes of servitude and comic violence. Black bodies, often the subject of this violence, were portrayed as unfeeling to pain.
These representations sent the message to children that they should play with white and black dolls very differently, Bernstein said.
White children in the 19th and 20th century commonly beat, hanged, dismembered, and buried their black dolls, but they were punished for committing the same atrocities against white dolls, which their elders expected them to cherish rather than abuse.
Thus, Bernstein said, the choices made by the subjects of the Clark doll tests was not necessarily an indication of black self-hatred. Instead, it was a cultural choice between two different toys—one that was to be loved and one that was to be physically harassed, as exemplified in performance and popular media.
According to Bernstein, this argument “redeems the Clarks’ child subjects by offering a new understanding of them not as psychologically damaged dupes, but instead as agential experts in children’s culture.”
Attendees said they were impressed by Bernstein’s ability to shift the evaluation of the Clarks’ experiment from a scientific perspective to a cultural one.
“It was fascinating the way that [Bernstein] presented the Clark doll test not [as] great science, but as a test that had a narrative arc,” said Elliot A. Wilson ’15.

Yes it's interesting. We will never know will we?
I still think, that looking at how children behaved when shown two different coloured dolls, and five different coloured people - ranging from white through mixed race (or Mexican colouring) to very black - shows us, in simple layman's terms, what children think of colour.
Simple as that really.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3