NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I AM NOT BLACK AND YOU ARE NOT WHITE

+5
Eilzel
'Wolfie
Ben Reilly
blackie333
eddie
9 posters

Go down

I AM NOT BLACK AND YOU ARE NOT WHITE  Empty I AM NOT BLACK AND YOU ARE NOT WHITE

Post by eddie Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:53 am

This video made me cry, I love it and would love you all to pass it on via media sites elsewhere.
(Don't get all smug though, if you feel that you already think this way, because 95% of you on here still stick labels on people. They're just not necessarily coloured ones. )

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

I AM NOT BLACK AND YOU ARE NOT WHITE  Empty Re: I AM NOT BLACK AND YOU ARE NOT WHITE

Post by eddie Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:53 pm

I don't like labels. They are dangerous and the video makes a good point: if no one gave you a "colour label" what would you be??
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

I AM NOT BLACK AND YOU ARE NOT WHITE  Empty Re: I AM NOT BLACK AND YOU ARE NOT WHITE

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:13 pm

Guy looks like my artist neighbor if he trimmed his crumb-catcher Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:26 pm

eddie wrote:I don't like labels. They are dangerous and the video makes a good point: if no one gave you a "colour label" what would you be??

A human being.

I don't like labels or borders, because that is what we all are.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Smile

I HAVE cousins with darker complexions than that...

I could have, and have had, darker skin than that, too, after a couple of weeks living on a beach..

And I'm still "caucasian", however one spins it.

I find that those who attempt to divide everyone into emotionally-loaded and bigotted terms like "black, white, yellow, coloured (i.e. inter-racial..)" as if it should actually mean something, are largely ignorant, non-thinking and/or plain lazy in their thought processes..

AND NO, blackie333 --  you don't make your racially-biased jokes "in jest" -- but rather people like you do that as a windup, basically because you think it's fun to be controversial and a stirrer.  Pretty well puts you in the same camp as Major when it comes to your idea of humour..

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:28 pm

Have a greenie for that Wolfie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Labels have their place. I do label myself gay, because I see it as something some people still think should be hidden, and by acknowledging is part of my identity I defy those expectations. But ultimately those labels should not define us.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:59 pm

Eilzel wrote:Labels have their place. I do label myself gay, because I see it as something some people still think should be hidden, and by acknowledging is part of my identity I defy those expectations. But ultimately those labels should not define us.

When the day comes where no one has to label themselves to make a point.....and everyone is accepting of everyone else wont that be a fine day?
I wont get to see it but maybe my grandkids will.

The best line in the video was "Who we truly are is found inside" Smile
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:28 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:I don't like labels. They are dangerous and the video makes a good point: if no one gave you a "colour label" what would you be??

A human being.

I don't like labels or borders, because that is what we all are.

Well... to many foreign black people... a British black person is known as a 'coconut'...

Just for starters...!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:56 pm

Eilzel wrote:Labels have their place. I do label myself gay, because I see it as something some people still think should be hidden, and by acknowledging is part of my identity I defy those expectations. But ultimately those labels should not define us.

that is a really good answer and i think it is the expectations/stereotypes that are the problem, or more specifically when people believe them to be universally true or even true for majority rather than just an exaggerated trait..
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:54 am

I'd be tartan Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:15 am

Irn Bru wrote:

I'd be tartan Laughing

Three fields for me -- one big red stripe, one white, and one blue with a big ol' star in the middle of it I AM NOT BLACK AND YOU ARE NOT WHITE  1366281442 Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:38 am

Pfffff. Go and play somewhere else you two. Evil or Very Mad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:02 am

eddie wrote:Pfffff. Go and play somewhere else you two. Evil or Very Mad

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:11 am

I'm starting to really like your music. I think you're brainwashing me.... country-style. I AM NOT BLACK AND YOU ARE NOT WHITE  1366281442
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:38 pm

eddie wrote:I'm starting to really like your music. I think you're brainwashing me.... country-style. I AM NOT BLACK AND YOU ARE NOT WHITE  1366281442

Good stuff, isn't it? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:11 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12453806
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down