NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Doll, White Doll experiment

+4
Raggamuffin
Eilzel
Ben Reilly
eddie
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Empty Black Doll, White Doll experiment

Post by eddie Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:50 pm

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Empty Re: Black Doll, White Doll experiment

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:02 pm

very interesting...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:04 pm

So does this mean it is perfectly natural to prefer white people?

Does this mean that black people look mean and dangerous?

The interesting thing about this research is that for the past 20 years all media and education has pushed the opposite idea on to the population of the Western world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:06 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:So does this mean it is perfectly natural to prefer white people?

The interesting thing about this research is that for the past 20 years all media and education has pushed the opposite idea on to the population of the Western world.

if they ask which is the good one of the two dolls it can only leave the other doll as the bad one so that was a little loaded...

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:08 pm

Glad you can see the video, I posted it on my iPad and actually can't see it!

Anyway, no Andy, I don't think it shows it's "natural" for people to prefer white people, more like we are brainwashed from the minute we're born via adults, media and other children etc.

Look at Beyoncé. Hardly a great role model for black girls is she?
She's getting lighter and lighter.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:09 pm

eddie wrote:Glad you can see the video, I posted it on my iPad and actually can't see it!

Anyway, no Andy, I don't think it shows it's "natural" for people to prefer white people, more like we are brainwashed from the minute we're born via adults, media and other children etc.

Is she??

Errrm as I said - I think it's the other way around to what you say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:29 pm

eddie wrote:Glad you can see the video, I posted it on my iPad and actually can't see it!

Michael Jackson got lighter and lighter too is it to do with the illuminati controlling them in the music industry ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Black people look mean and dangerous:

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Jamie+Foxx

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Little-black-girl

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Bill-Cosby-9258468-1-402

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Gu_3_large
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:38 pm

I think the children were talking about the dolls Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:39 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I think the children were talking about the dolls Ben.

You were the one who suggested black people look "mean and dangerous," Andy.

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:39 pm

I think there is a lot to be said for that. Though not sure brainwashed is the right word. Most cops are white; most celebs are white, most politicians are white; music stars, TV stars etc, white. Even for a black kid the presence of white people is far greater overall than black people. However, the main reason for that is most people in the west ARE white; and there isn't a lot anyone could or even should do about that.

Sometimes we have to accept a minority will always be at a disadvantage one way or another; sometimes that's just life.

However the fact white people are a majority in the west isn't the whole argument. In Thailand many people with darker skin use products to lighten their skin tone (there is a strange, though understandable association in Thailand with dark skin hinting at poverty and having to work in the blistering skin, hence dark skin); while when I stayed in India I saw on TV ads for skin whitening products and medical treatment.

The connection I'd imagine in the former presence of white rulers and the fact Hollywood etc, being in the west, are so dominated by white people- again the association is white skin with wealth and success.

It is a shame but it is a product of our shared global past.

There is also a lot to be said about the things picked up from parents; and racism encountered in life by black people themselves.

I would be interested to see this done in Africa however.

Last edited by Eilzel on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I think the children were talking about the dolls Ben.

You were the one who suggested black people look "mean and dangerous," Andy.

I asked the question because that is what appears to have come out of the experiment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Eilzel wrote:

I think there is a lot to be said for that. Though not sure brainwashed is the right word. Most cops are white; most celebs are white, most politicians are white; music stars, TV stars etc, white. Even for a black kid the presence of white people is far greater overall than black people. However, the main reason for that is most people in the west ARE white; and there isn't a lot anyone could or even should do about that.

Sometimes we have to accept a minority will always be at a disadvantage one way or another; sometimes that's just life.

However the fact white people are a majority in the west isn't the whole argument. In Thailand many people with darker skin use products to lighten their skin tone (there is a strange, though understandable association in Thailand with dark skin hinting at poverty and having to work in the blistering skin, hence dark skin); while when I stayed in India I saw on TV ads for skin whitening products and medical treatment.

The connection I'd imagine in the former presence of white rulers and the fact Hollywood etc, being in the west, are so dominated by white people- again the association is white skin with wealth and success.

Eh?

Where do you think it was done - bloody Iceland?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Eilzel wrote:

That could be to do with their caste system, which dates back hundreds, if not thousands of years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:50 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Eh?

America obviously- I don't imagine you actually watched to the end though.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:52 pm

You couldn't tell if the people asking the questions were black or white.  I'd say if a white person was asking, the kids would say the white doll was the good one and the pretty one; if the questioner was black they'd pick the black dolls.  Kids are smart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Eilzel wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Eh?

So where did you get the idea that most police are white, musicians, tv stars, blah blah?

Are you still in the 1930's?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Tess. wrote:You couldn't tell if the people asking the questions were black or white.  I'd say if a white person was asking, the kids would say the white doll was the good one and the pretty one; if the questioner was black they'd pick the black dolls.  Kids are smart.

Very good point Tess  Cool 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:53 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

So where did you get the idea that most police are white, musicians, tv stars, blah blah?

It's a fact; name me one black movie star I'll name you a dozen white ones (not an actual challenge by the way, I'm probably naively thinking you'll understand the point.)
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Eilzel wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

It's a fact; name me one black movie star I'll name you a dozen white ones (not an actual challenge by the way, I'm probably naively thinking you'll understand the point.)

What?

You're totally mad!

Where the frig are you living? In an EDL convent?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:57 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

What?

You're totally mad!

Where the frig are you living?  In an EDL convent?

I think you agree, there is nothing racist in what I'm saying, I could post you links to articles pointing out things like this but frankly I don't think you'd pay much heed  Cool 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Eilzel wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

What?

You're totally mad!

Where the frig are you living?  In an EDL convent?

I think you agree, there is nothing racist in what I'm saying, I could post you links to articles pointing out things like this but frankly I don't think you'd pay much heed  Cool 

No there's certainly nothing racist about it, but it's very wrong.

72% of America is white.

Now, are you telling me that the police are 80% white and that's not fair? Are you telling me there are no non-white movie and TV stars? Politicians?

What are the stats Eli?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:05 pm

Wow way to read something totally different to what I wrote andy Smile

I never said there were no non-white stars or cops andy, I said there were more white ones. I never said this was unfair, on the contrary I said it was to be expected.

Now take a deep breath and read everything I said over again; only thus time as well as reading, actually try understanding Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Eilzel wrote:Wow way to read something totally different to what I wrote andy Smile

I never said there were no non-white stars or cops andy, I said there were more white ones. I never said this was unfair, on the contrary I said it was to be expected.

Now take a deep breath and read everything I said over again; only thus time as well as reading, actually try understanding Wink

So what are the stats?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Doll experiments[edit]

The Clarks' doll experiments grew out of Mamie Clark's master's degree thesis. They published three major papers between 1939 and 1940 on children's self perception related to race. Their studies found contrasts among African-American children attending segregated schools in Washington, DC versus those in integrated schools in New York.[14] The doll experiment involved a child being presented with two dolls. Both of these dolls were completely identical except for the skin and hair color. One doll was white with yellow hair, while the other was brown with black hair.[15] The child was then asked questions inquiring as to which one is the doll they would play with, which one is the nice doll, which one looks bad, which one has the nicer color, etc. The experiment showed a clear preference for the white doll among all children in the study.[16] These findings exposed internalized racism in African-American children, self-hatred that was more acute among children attending segregated schools.

This work suggests that by its very nature, segregation harms children and, by extension, society at large, a suggestion that was exploited in several legal battles. The Clarks testified as expert witnesses in several school desegregation cases, including Briggs v. Elliott, which was later combined into the famous Brown v. Board of Education (1954). In 1954, Clark and Isidor Chein wrote a brief whose purpose was to supply evidence in the Brown v. Board of Education case underlining the damaging effects racial segregation had on African-American children. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that racial segregation in public education was unconstitutional.[3] Regarding Brown, this question of psychological and psychic harm fit into a very particular historical window that allowed it to have formal traction in the first place. It wasn’t until a few decades prior (with the coming of Boas and other cultural anthropologists) that cultural and/ or social science research—and the questions that they invoked—would even be consulted by the courts and therefore able to influence decisions.

In 2006 filmmaker Kiri Davis recreated the doll study and documented it in a film entitled A Girl Like Me. Despite the many changes in some parts of society, Davis found the same results as did the Drs. Clark in their study of the late 1930s and early 1940s. In the original experiment(s) the majority of the children choose the white dolls. When Davis repeated the experiment 15 out of 21 children also choose the white dolls over the black, giving similar reasons as the original subjects, associating white with being "pretty" or "good" and black with "ugly" or "bad". The dolls used in the documentary were identical except for skin color.[17]

In an alternative interpretation of the Clark doll experiments, Robin Bernstein has recently argued that the children's rejection of the black dolls could be understood not as victimization or an expression of internalized racism but instead as resistance against violent play involving black dolls, which was a common practice when the Clarks conducted their tests.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_and_Mamie_Clark

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tess. wrote:You couldn't tell if the people asking the questions were black or white.  I'd say if a white person was asking, the kids would say the white doll was the good one and the pretty one; if the questioner was black they'd pick the black dolls.  Kids are smart.

Very good point Tess  Cool 

You did see one of the questioners, and he was white.
I don't think kids that age would change their minds according to the colour of the face at they were looking at.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:24 pm

So, these experiments were originally done in the 30s/40s and the results were the children preferred the white dolls.

But they've done them again and the children still go for the white dolls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Kenneth and Mamie Clark, creators of the doll experiment:

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Untitl21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:32 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Black people look mean and dangerous:

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Jamie+Foxx

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Little-black-girl

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Bill-Cosby-9258468-1-402

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Gu_3_large

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  Articl17

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:06 pm

It's a good job they were speaking to black children. If it had been white children, there would have been uproar.

It's kind of sad that little black children are describing a black doll as ugly or bad and then saying that they are like the black doll.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's a good job they were speaking to black children. If it had been white children, there would have been uproar.

It's kind of sad that little black children are describing a black doll as ugly or bad and then saying that they are like the black doll.

Ragga didn't you watch it all the way through? They did ask white children.
And the white children said the same as the black children.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It's a good job they were speaking to black children. If it had been white children, there would have been uproar.

Sadly the impression I'm getting is that a few replying to this didn't actually watch the video  Rolling Eyes 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

Sadly the impression I'm getting is that a few replying to this didn't actually watch the video  Rolling Eyes 

Hahahah you think?  Rolling Eyes 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:26 pm

eddie wrote:

Oh sorry - I watched some of it. I'll watch the rest.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Naughty Ragga!!  Razz 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:20 pm

It's funny because the reality is Whites are by far the most dangerous group of humans. as proven by looking at who lives/controls where now

IF you were an alien observing over the last 1000 years...

Whites originate one one continent and now control at least 3 and have reasonable control of another 2, and nominal control of the uninhabited one.

Blacks had 2 continents and now share control of 1 continent with whites (Africa) the other lost control (Australia).

Neither Asians or Indians have been able to expand but they have managed to keep control of their lands.

North American natives have lost full control, South Americans have lost a significant amount of control.

The Alien would clearly say the Whites are the most dangerous because whites have killed off and taken over others.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:06 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Naughty Ragga!!  Razz 

I know, but it was quite long.  Embarassed  I watched enough to get the gist of it, and then I posted about it.  Razz 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:09 am

So these little black children - do they feel bad about being black, or do they kind of feel it's just a coincidence that they look like the black doll?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:11 am

veya_victaous wrote:It's funny because the reality is Whites are by far the most dangerous group of humans. as proven by looking at who lives/controls where now

Whites originate one one continent and now control at least 3 and have reasonable control of another 2, and nominal control of the uninhabited one.

Blacks had 2 continents and now share control of 1 continent with whites (Africa) the other lost control (Australia).

Neither Asians or Indians have been able to expand but they have managed to keep control of their lands.

North American natives have lost full control, South Americans have lost a significant amount of control.

The Alien would clearly say the Whites are the most dangerous because whites have killed off and taken over others.

Not to mention this:

Black Doll, White Doll experiment  100_people-793482
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:49 am

veya_victaous wrote:It's funny because the reality is Whites are by far the most dangerous group of humans. as proven by looking at who lives/controls where now

actually an nonobjective alien observer would observe that the white race was the superior one due to its ability to expand and conquer and control assets and resources and probably wonder why they haven't wiped out the inferior black race by now

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:03 am

smelly_bandit wrote:

actually an nonobjective alien observer would observe that the white race was the superior one due to its ability to expand and conquer and control assets and resources and probably wonder why they haven't wiped out the inferior black race by now

Smelly, may I ask why you feel the black race is "inferior"?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:09 am

It was a good viewpoint from veya, and then a good viewpoint from smelly too.

And if the alien had been watching for so long he may have thought the whites had evolved in to decent compassionate humans but the others haven't.

So many scenarios, but veya chose his own, just the same as smelly did.

So, back to the doll experiment - the reason the Clark's did the experiment was because they believed segregation in schools made black people feel inferior, but why do children still prefer the white dolls?

Now, Eli thinks it's because of this - "Most cops are white; most celebs are white, most politicians are white; music stars, TV stars etc, white" - she can't/refuses to produce stats though.

What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:09 am

eddie wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Smelly, may I ask why you feel the black race is "inferior"?

He said a non-objective? alien would think that because of what's happened.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:38 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:
So does this mean it is perfectly natural to prefer white people?

NO ~ it simply points to the nurturing/conditioning of those children who push black dolls away.

NO ~ it simply means that You and your racist friends are a deranged and delusional bunch of loons..

The more "interesting thing" about this faux "research" is how your pre-conceived and highly bigoted conclusions can be accommodated simply by a little selective editing of "test" results !

You believe that these children have been conditioned to push black dolls away?

You believe the results of these tests mean that myself and my "racist" friends are deranged and delusional even though we have nothing to do with the tests?

You believe the research is "faux"?

Wow!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:05 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
So these little black children - do they feel bad about being black, or do they kind of feel it's just a coincidence that they look like the black doll?

cyclops 

IT IS often said that it is much wiser for the brainless little know-nothings (such 'BagOfMuffins' and her equally-silly cohorts..) to remain silent and be thought of as fools ~ then to open their mouths/keyboards/notepads and to confirm those suspicions...

YOU truly are the prime brainless fool today, Baggs'..
You racist moron.    ::lightsab:: 

I would imagine that some black kids would choose a white doll as it's different to them, and vice versa, just like in real life a black kid who had never seen a white blonde woman before would be fascinated by the hair colour of the white woman.

Good call Bee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:06 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

cyclops 

IT IS often said that it is much wiser for the brainless little know-nothings (such 'BagOfMuffins' and her equally-silly cohorts..) to remain silent and be thought of as fools ~ then to open their mouths/keyboards/notepads and to confirm those suspicions...

YOU truly are the prime brainless fool today, Baggs'..
You racist moron.    ::lightsab:: 

I would imagine that some black kids would choose a white doll as it's different to them, and vice versa, just like in real life a black kid who had never seen a white blonde woman before would be fascinated by the hair colour of the white woman.

Good call Bee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next