NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

+13
The Devil, You Know
nicko
Ben Reilly
eddie
Fred Moletrousers
'Wolfie
Eilzel
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Vintage
Raggamuffin
magica
Syl
17 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 9 Empty Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Syl Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

No......the vapour stinks and the user and anyone nearby is usually swamped by a sweet smelling stench that I for one find quite obnoxious. If you want to vape, go somewhere where you are not bothering other people. Rolling Eyes

"E-cigarette users should be allowed to vape in public places, such as in offices, buses and trains, a controversial report by MPs has recommended.
The Science and Technology Committee said that forcing vapers into the smoking shelters could undermine their efforts to quit and called for a ‘liberalisation on restrictions’ which would necessitate ‘non-vapers having to accommodate vapers.’
MPs also said regulations should be relaxed to allow licensing, prescribing and advertising of e-cigarettes to promoted their health benefits.
Committee chair Norman Lamb MP, said: “E-cigarettes are less harmful than conventional cigarettes, but current policy and regulations do not sufficiently reflect this and businesses, transport providers and public places should stop viewing conventional and e-cigarettes as one and the same. There is no public health rationale for doing so.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/08/17/let-e-cigarette-users-vape-offices-buses-say-mps-controversial/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 9 Empty Re: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Again you are showing you don't have a clue about left/right politics...!

What you said is only true to deluded leftys... who think left means nice fluffy bunny cuddles to all and freedom and an ever lasting utopia full of lovely young people who know everything and where someone else will always do the work and pay for it all... and right means nasty greedy racist old white nazi men who don't like anyone and don't like anything, and who only care about counting their money, being mean, and stopping all the leftys from getting anywhere/anything and stopping them having any fun...!

In short... you think left means nice and free... and right means nasty and authoritarian...!

Which is why you are a total tit when it comes to anything on politics or economics...!!!

I just highlighted above how lacking in freedom we would be if RW conservatives got their way...

This is what you claimed...

RW: Woman CANNOT have abortions, gay people CANNOT get married, foreigners CANNOT claim benefits.

LW: People CANNOT discriminate on grounds of race or orientation, businesses CANNOT pay below a certain wage, people CANNOT smoke wherever they want.

Which is just a complete load of loaded waffle...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 9 Empty Re: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I just highlighted above how lacking in freedom we would be if RW conservatives got their way...

RW: Woman CANNOT have abortions, gay people CANNOT get married, foreigners CANNOT claim benefits.

LW: People CANNOT discriminate on grounds of race or orientation, businesses CANNOT pay below a certain wage, people CANNOT smoke wherever they want.

Don't know tommy...sounds spot on. Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 9 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Don't know tommy...sounds spot on. Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 9 2190311264

I don't see the problem with that description seems pretty accurate to me.  Suspect
those are the policies of either wing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:11 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:Blimey, 8 pages in and still the same points are being made. Laughing

Is not the whole point of for or against smoking, either Ecigs or tobacco, if you dont smoke you dont want to inhale harmful toxins or sweet sickly vape when you are in a confined space or eating/drinking inside or out.

If you do smoke you dont inflict it on others......it's not bloody rocket science now is it? Rolling Eyes

As long as you don't inflict your bossiness on others who are smoking outside. You wanting to eat outside is not a good reason for them to leave.

I dont want them to leave, I want them to go to their designated areas and leave others who want to actually taste their food and not your cigarette smoke in peace.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:32 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

So you only agree with freedom for some and not others, depending upon what you personally, have no problem with?

I think Quill already mentioned that freedom only extends to the point you pose no risk to others.

We'd better ban cars, alcohol, hairspray, air fresheners, and perfume then.

I'd read the whole thread before repeating the same arguments didge made a hundred times raggs lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:34 am

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

It's breaking his pre-written, 10 year old narrative tbf. Must be tough for him Razz
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:01 am

I can easily claim these things as RW...

RW: People CANNOT discriminate on grounds of race or orientation, businesses CANNOT pay below a certain wage, people CANNOT smoke wherever they want.

I don't see any RW policy anywhere that promotes the opposite of any of that...

However...

When the LW say things... you'd better have your 'bullshit meter' to hand... cos they're full of it...!!!

As explained here...

LW: 1..People CANNOT discriminate on grounds of race or orientation, 2. businesses CANNOT pay below a certain wage, 3 people CANNOT smoke wherever they want.

1. National Black Police Association (United Kingdom) - Wikipedia
The National Black Police Association (NBPA) is an interest group of the Black and Minority...

2. Labour MP Chuka Umunna is slammed for...
31 May 2018 ... A Labour MP has been slammed for advertising for an unpaid intern...

3. "...when parliament passed the 2006 Health Act, prohibiting smoking in offices, bars and enclosed areas, it did not mean to extend it to government or crown sites..."

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/19/jails-exempt-smoking-ban-uk-supreme-court-rules

Lefty labour law banning indoor smoking for all... all except 'government or crown sites'... eg. parliament & prisons...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:47 am

Tommy Monk wrote:I can easily claim these things as RW...

RW: People CANNOT discriminate on grounds of race or orientation, businesses CANNOT pay below a certain wage, people CANNOT smoke wherever they want.

I don't see any RW policy anywhere that promotes the opposite of any of that...

However...

When the LW say things... you'd better have your 'bullshit meter' to hand... cos they're full of it...!!!

As explained here...

LW: 1..People CANNOT discriminate on grounds of race or orientation, 2. businesses CANNOT pay below a certain wage, 3 people CANNOT smoke wherever they want.

1. National Black Police Association (United Kingdom) - Wikipedia
The National Black Police Association (NBPA) is an interest group of the Black and Minority...

2. Labour MP Chuka Umunna is slammed for...
31 May 2018 ... A Labour MP has been slammed for advertising for an unpaid intern...

3. "...when parliament passed the 2006 Health Act, prohibiting smoking in offices, bars and enclosed areas, it did not mean to extend it to government or crown sites..."

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/19/jails-exempt-smoking-ban-uk-supreme-court-rules

Lefty labour law banning indoor smoking for all... all except 'government or crown sites'... eg. parliament & prisons...!

You're using hypocritical Labour members to prove a point - weak.

Labour on the whole have done more for gay rights than any party ever in the UK. They introduced the minimum wage and the smoking ban, to opposition on every turn from Conservatives.

Half the Conservatives opposed gay marriage and Conservatives voted against every equality policy under Labour.
Conservatives recently defeated a proposed ecig ban in public places in Wales.
Conservatives opposed the introduction of the minimum wage in 1998.

These incidents are mirrored in the extreme in the USA.

Conservatives 'catch up' in the end of course; but only after the Left has moved things forward Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:18 am

Loaded waffle of course...

However...

LW : Woman CAN have abortions whenever they like and CAN now be a form of contraception for many... gay people CAN get priority treatment over others... foreigners CAN claim fortunes in benefits that they should not be entitled to....

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:26 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

However...

LW : Woman CAN have abortions whenever they like and CAN now be a form of contraception for many... gay people CAN get priority treatment over others... foreigners CAN claim fortunes in benefits that they should not be entitled to....

Rolling Eyes

You really are full of shit, Tommy...

Most of your claims on this thread are total lies, pure and simple..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:56 am

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 9 KJJkX3E
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:10 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

However...

See, all you do is twist it to make it sound awful, because you CLEARLY oppose those things I mentioned. And guess what, you are a RWer on those issues!

I note that you completely ignored the fact conservatives HAVE tried to block all those things I mentioned.

You can pick up your house of cards now, tommy boy Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:31 am

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'd read the whole thread before repeating the same arguments didge made a hundred times raggs lol

You mean where you looked completely two faced a hundred times?

Even more important to point that out another 100 times

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:35 am

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

As long as you don't inflict your bossiness on others who are smoking outside. You wanting to eat outside is not a good reason for them to leave.

I dont want them to leave, I want them to go to their designated areas and leave others who want to actually taste their food and not your cigarette smoke in peace.

They are in their designated area - outside. If smoking is allowed at tables outside a cafe/pub, they are in their designated area. If you don't like that, go inside or find a cafe/pub where there are no-smoking tables outside.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:37 am

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's not my fault if Didge said the same as me. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:51 am

Point is, nobody is going to engage on a point that has already been touched on in the last 9 pages (how has it gone so long... lol).
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:36 am

Time to end this one!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

They are in their designated area - outside. If smoking is allowed at tables outside a cafe/pub, they are in their designated area. If you don't like that, go inside or find a cafe/pub where there are no-smoking tables outside.

Soon I think those tables will be a lot easier to find.
Attitudes towards smoking have changed so much in recent years, it wont be long before everyone wises up and realises that smoking near people who are trying to enjoy an al fresco meal is totally unacceptable.
Most people thank God already realise that,. tongue
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:03 pm

All of you arguing and fighting like this has made me so stressed I need a cigarette...

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 9 2794048296
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:09 pm

Have one of your Cigars !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Soon I think those tables will be a lot easier to find.
Attitudes towards smoking have changed so much in recent years, it wont be long before everyone wises up and realises that smoking near people who are trying to enjoy an al fresco meal is totally unacceptable.
Most people thank God already realise that,. tongue

Smoking at outside tables won't be banned. I'm sure you won't be eating "al fresco" in the winter or when it's raining will you? Smokers don't mind sitting outside in those circumstances. Cafes will put their awnings out when it rains too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:11 pm

Eilzel wrote:Point is, nobody is going to engage on a point that has already been touched on in the last 9 pages (how has it gone so long... lol).

I was replying to the point you made, and my reply was valid. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

However...

See, all you do is twist it to make it sound awful, because you CLEARLY oppose those things I mentioned. And guess what, you are a RWer on those issues!

I note that you completely ignored the fact conservatives HAVE tried to block all those things I mentioned.

Not quite... I believe women should have a choice of abortion, but I think the limit on weeks when allowed should be a bit lower...

Gay marriage was brought in under a tory govt... and while it is true that some torys voted against... so did some lab and lib dems too... as well as absaining so never voted for it either...!

And it is right that foreigners who arrive here under the understanding that they are coming here to work... should not be able to turn up and just start claiming benefits instead... I think the overwhelming vast majority of people in UK would agree with that...!

So not really defining left/right issues at all!!!

And proving again that you don't know what you're talking about!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:43 am

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 9 J3vKmCe
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:58 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

However...

Not quite... I believe women should have a choice of abortion, but I think the limit on weeks when allowed should be a bit lower...

Gay marriage was brought in under a tory govt... and while it is true that some torys voted against... so did some lab and lib dems too... as well as absaining so never voted for it either...!

And it is right that foreigners who arrive here under the understanding that they are coming here to work... should not be able to turn up and just start claiming benefits instead... I think the overwhelming vast majority of people in UK would agree with that...!

So not really defining left/right issues at all!!!

And proving again that you don't know what you're talking about!!!

You personally believe abortions should be allowed. That's because the UK is now a socially liberal country. Conservatives in many countries, like America, oppose it.

As with gay marriage. Oppositionists to gay rights at large were dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century by the previous Labour government. Cameron is a liberal where social issues are concerned. Half his party opposed him and the majority voted against every equality measure from 1997 to 2010.

It is a RW view that no help should be offered to migrants at all. Even those in desparate need.

For Left Wingers it is simple - everyone should treated equally and be allowed to what they want with their own body. Hence abortion is a non issue and gay rights common sense.

For conservatives (not just in the UK, don't narrow the scope) they want CONTROL over women's bodies and to STOP gay relationships being recognised as equally valid (and in some countries even stop them acting on their desires). That is absolute govt interference on a deeply personal level.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9