NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

+13
The Devil, You Know
nicko
Ben Reilly
eddie
Fred Moletrousers
'Wolfie
Eilzel
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Vintage
Raggamuffin
magica
Syl
17 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 6 Empty Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Syl Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

No......the vapour stinks and the user and anyone nearby is usually swamped by a sweet smelling stench that I for one find quite obnoxious. If you want to vape, go somewhere where you are not bothering other people. Rolling Eyes

"E-cigarette users should be allowed to vape in public places, such as in offices, buses and trains, a controversial report by MPs has recommended.
The Science and Technology Committee said that forcing vapers into the smoking shelters could undermine their efforts to quit and called for a ‘liberalisation on restrictions’ which would necessitate ‘non-vapers having to accommodate vapers.’
MPs also said regulations should be relaxed to allow licensing, prescribing and advertising of e-cigarettes to promoted their health benefits.
Committee chair Norman Lamb MP, said: “E-cigarettes are less harmful than conventional cigarettes, but current policy and regulations do not sufficiently reflect this and businesses, transport providers and public places should stop viewing conventional and e-cigarettes as one and the same. There is no public health rationale for doing so.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/08/17/let-e-cigarette-users-vape-offices-buses-say-mps-controversial/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Gelico has been very neutral here.. Laughing

Gelico talked sense....it's just about consideration for others, she has it, sadly lots of smokers dont.snobby

Yes I am an ex smoker, I gave up about 35 years ago, when I smoked passive smoking wasnt even heard of, and health warnings were few and far between too re the actual dangers of smoking.
I was always a polite smoker though and didn't smoke in confined smokers if other people were none smokers, and I have always hated smokers being near food.

Eh?

So me saying I smoke away from people is not good enough

You want to enforce your beliefs onto others and restrict smokers further

Like I said, cars are causing far more harm to everyone and I dont see you champion a view to have cars restricted in public places.

If you got your way in enforcing your beliefs and restrited me to confined areas in public I would happilly go to court as I a not going to be told I cannot smoke in public. All you would do is make many enemies out of people.

When they already smoke away from people

Back to top Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 6 Empty Re: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Syl Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Gelico talked sense....it's just about consideration for others, she has it, sadly lots of smokers dont.snobby

Yes I am an ex smoker, I gave up about 35 years ago, when I smoked passive smoking wasnt even heard of, and health warnings were few and far between too re the actual dangers of smoking.
I was always a polite smoker though and didn't smoke in confined smokers if other people were none smokers, and I have always hated smokers being near food.

Eh?

Like I said, cars are causing far more harm to everyone and I dont see you champion a view to have cars restricted in plublic places.

If you got your way in enforing your beliefs and restrited me to confined areas in public I would happilly go to court. All you would do is make many enemies out of people When they already smoke away from people

Whats wrong with having a designated area for people who want to smoke in a place where food and drink is being served?

I dont want you caged in a bloody corner, I just want your foul smelling stench away from my food.
If you insist you dont smoke near people when they are eating I wouldnt have a problem with you.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:49 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:
Eh?

Like I said, cars are causing far more harm to everyone and I dont see you champion a view to have cars restricted in plublic places.

If you got your way in enforing your beliefs and restrited me to confined areas in public I would happilly go to court. All you would do is make many enemies out of people When they already smoke away from people

Whats wrong with having a designated area for people who want to smoke in a place where food and drink is being served?

I dont want you caged in a bloody corner, I just want your foul smelling stench away from my food.
If you insist you dont smoke near people when they are eating I wouldnt have a problem with you.

Then go to a eating and drinking place that has one and respect the owners that do not have one. Its their choice to do so Just  as it is yours to go somewhere where there is a non-smoking area. The reason why many dont have one, is beause many of their customers are smokers. So I have no objection to any eating or drinking place having one. Go there to eat and drink if smoking bothers you

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Then go to a eating and drinking place that has one and respect the owners that do not have one. Its their choice to do so Just  as it is yours to go somewhere where there is a non-smoking area. The reason why many dont have one, is beause many of their customers are smokers. So I have no objection to any eating or drinking place having one. Go there to eat and drink if smoking bothers you

It's their choice now, but many people think along the same lines as I do. Sooner or later the law will be changed and smoking will become illegal anywhere near food when people are paying to eat.....just as it is in some other countries.
Smoking in public places indoors is banned....smoking outdoors in public places will be restricted one day....if you are still around, you may just get your day in court Didge. Wink

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:02 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

It's their choice now, but many people think along the same lines as I do. Sooner or later the law will be changed and smoking will become illegal anywhere near food when people are paying to eat.....just as it is in some other countries.
Smoking in public places  indoors is banned....smoking outdoors in public places will be restricted one day....if you are still around, you may just get your day in court Didge. Wink

Then do not go to that place, if it bothers you. You want to infringe on the owners now and force them against their will. Its their place not yours. You even sound happy to push this on owners wow. Its their choice not yours whether they cater by having a non-soking area. Well many of these people need to stop forcing their warped views on owners and smokers. Or you may not like our reaction

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:18 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:
Eh?

Go inside and eat then. There will be no smokers there.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:19 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Smoking in public places  indoors is banned....smoking outdoors in public places will be restricted one day....if you are still around, you may just get your day in court Didge. Wink

Perhaps it would be better to ban people eating outside. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

The government can ban whatever they find detrimental to the public. What would be detrimental about eating outside.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The government can ban whatever they find detrimental to the public.  What would be detrimental about eating outside.

Never going to happen, as the UK is not Totalitarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The government can ban whatever they find detrimental to the public.  What would be detrimental about eating outside.

It's detrimental to smokers when eaters moan about them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Go inside and eat then. There will be no smokers there.
Nope, I love eating out and will continue to do so in spite of the selfishness from anti social smokers.  snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Just to digress a moment, Quill,  your avi is the one where I think you look like the actor Glen Ford.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:24 am

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Then do not go to that place, if it bothers you. You want to infringe on the owners now and force them against their will. Its their place not yours. You even sound happy to push this on owners wow. Its their choice not yours whether they cater by having a non-soking area. Well many of these people need to stop forcing their warped views on owners and smokers. Or you may not like our reaction

Rolling Eyes

Britain may still have fucked up health and hygiene regulations when it comes to food handling and service, according to Dodge's claims herein...

However, it is probably only a matter of time until Britain (along with other backward rogue nations that aren't worrying about public food safety, like France and Japan..), will be dragged into the 21st century, albeit with smokers screaming like a bunch of self-entitled snowflakes..

Just like with Dodge's selfish and juvenile efforts over these last couple of days.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's detrimental to smokers when eaters moan about them.

Um...that would be prohibiting democracy and free speech.  Laughing Laughing   I always thought you wanted to ban that. Twisted Evil

But let's leave that to another day.  The basic foundations for law in the US are commerce, health and safety.  Realizing this is not the US, what would be the rationale for banning outdoor dining?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:52 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Britain may still have fucked up health and hygiene regulations when it comes to food handling and service, according to Dodge's claims herein...

However, it is probably only a matter of time until Britain (along with other backward rogue nations that aren't worrying about public food safety, like France and Japan..), will be dragged into the 21st century, albeit with smokers screaming like a bunch of self-entitled snowflakes..

Just like with Dodge's selfish and juvenile efforts over these last couple of days.

You claim smokers are the selfish ones wow

Hyporites like you do nothing to curb actual harm in the form of restricting cars.

Hey ho

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Didge wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Hyporites like you do nothing to curb actual harm in the form of restricting cars.

Hey ho

not relevant  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
just admit you lost 

and for all you know Wolf does limit his vehicle pollution
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:45 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hey ho

just admit you lost 

Oh but he should be considerate of the general public and never drive around them polluting them. Endangering their lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:11 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hey ho

just admit you lost 

Oh but he should be considerate of the general public and never drive around them polluting them. Endangering their lives.

whats that got to do with ECigs?  Nothing

not even related or comparable since One is Transport, One is Self centered Addiction.

they should be banned because they are a plague on Society with ZERO benefit, they are simply an idiot tax on those dumb enough to get addicted  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Or are you going to Argue Cars and Transport systems don't benefit society  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You are one hell of a Stupid Selfish Prick, to even suggest that YOUR self-centered addiction that literally is not even beneficial to yourself, is comparable to Transport, work, industry, ambulances, Police and Fire Vehicles  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:32 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hey ho

just admit you lost 

not even related or comparable since One is Transport, One is Self centered Addiction.

they should be banned because they are a plague on Society with ZERO benefit, they are simply an idiot tax on those dumb enough to get addicted  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Or are you going to Argue Cars and Transport systems don't benefit society  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You are one hell of a Stupid Selfish Prick, to even suggest that YOUR self-centered addiction that literally is not even beneficial to yourself, is comparable to Transport, work, industry, ambulances, Police and Fire Vehicles  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

He's still going on about this?

Didge thinks since he walks to work for an hour there and back each day, everyone should do likewise. Absolutely absurd argument and I agree, a nonsense comparison.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Eilzel wrote:He's still going on about this?

Didge thinks since he walks to work for an hour there and back each day, everyone should do likewise. Absolutely absurd argument and I agree, a nonsense comparison.

Didge is full of false equivalencies. His range is as a collector, not an analyzer.

I'm amazed that this is still going on, too.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Eilzel wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

He's still going on about this?

I see the Village idiot Veya invented a load of crap again to things I never said but as you the militant Corbyn worshipper have again been gobby. Lets take you to task again. Or are you going to run away again?

I am exposing your utter hyporisy on this.

Not one of you backs a view that car drivers should respect the public. By not polluting people in public. Nor have you even called for cars to be restricted in a public place

You want me to do so, when I already do with smoking. As I smoke away from people but you all make no such call on cars. Which are infinately more harmful to humans through pollution. Are you the type of person too lazy to walk even one mile to get some food etc? Would you instead drive? When many people already do this. Countless people make millions of completely unecessary car journeys everyday. Vastly polluting the air that everyone breaths. Of course those disabled and the elderly need too drive short distances, but everyone else does not.

Let me put this into perspective for you

https://www.globalactionplan.org.uk/news/89-less-pollution-when-roads-closed-for-london-marathon

Hene why you are looking completely two faced

Your argument on smell sank faster then HMS hood and you then went off harm. You want to ban smokers and vapors in public places. Based off the remote potential chance of damage done by passive smoking in public. Compared to the harm of Car pollution. Where car pollution is infinately far worse and yet you all reply with copout answers.

Double standard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:36 pm

If you're sitting down at work all day it's good to walk there and back. If you're on your feet at work all day, the last thing you need is to walk home unless it's a very short distance.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Ecigs don’t have anything to do with car emissions.
Know why?

Ecigs produce VAPOUR.

Does anyone here know how long the vapours hang around in the air? Does anyone here cough when they inhale the vapour from ecigs? Can anyone smell the vapour from ecigs even TEN SECONDS after someone has exhaled?

People “don’t like the smell”.
That’s the best they can really come up with.

They don’t like the smell of fruit but don’t mind the smell of strong perfumes? - some of them smell like fruit!

Do you move away in a restaurant if someone orders a particularly strong-smelling sorbet?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Regardless of whether the vapour has any toxins, they just stench.
End of.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If you're sitting down at work all day it's good to walk there and back. If you're on your feet at work all day, the last thing you need is to walk home unless it's a very short distance.
Didge does seem to spend every waking minute of every day hunched over his laptop posting here or ressearching inorderto post.
His boss simply cannot get value for money.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 pm

eddie wrote:Ecigs don’t have anything to do with car emissions.
Know why?

Ecigs produce VAPOUR.

Does anyone here know how long the vapours hang around in the air? Does anyone here cough when they inhale the vapour from ecigs? Can anyone smell the vapour from ecigs even TEN SECONDS after someone has exhaled?

They don’t like the smell of fruit but don’t mind the smell of strong perfumes?  - some of them smell like fruit!

Do you move away in a restaurant if someone orders a particularly strong-smelling sorbet?

It takes a minute to find out that even e-cigs are potential harmful. Not as bad as regular smole but clearly there is no conclusive word on this.

I'd rather not take that chance so a few people can indulge a smelly habit Wink

Are there any illnesses related to smelling sorbets?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:18 pm

eddie wrote:

I just hate it when the diners on the next table order rotten egg sorbet

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:22 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Regardless of whether the vapour has any toxins, they just stench.
End of.

Shall we ban everything that stinks?
Where shall we start?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:22 pm

Angry Andy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If you're sitting down at work all day it's good to walk there and back. If you're on your feet at work all day, the last thing you need is to walk home unless it's a very short distance.
Didge does seem to spend every waking minute of every day hunched over his laptop posting here or ressearching inorderto post.
His boss simply cannot get value for money.

This post stinks.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:23 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Know why?

Ecigs produce VAPOUR.

They don’t like the smell of fruit but don’t mind the smell of strong perfumes?  - some of them smell like fruit!

It takes a minute to find out that even e-cigs are potential harmful. Not as bad as regular smole but clearly there is no conclusive word on this.

Is there any conclusive evidence for people being harmed due to second hand e-cig vapour? Or are you being a tad precious?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:24 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:

I just hate it when the diners on the next table order rotten egg sorbet

It’s not the rotten egg ones that smell. It’s the fruit ones.
People find fruit smells offensive.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:27 pm

And here’s really the whole cumshot of it all:

The people who are against ecigs are really just against smoking and see ecigs as a ‘pacifier’ for the silly smokers, so they invent this “Ooh it’s smelly!” because what they really want to say is “I dont think people should smoke”

Trouble is, most of you saying that are left wing and you guys don’t think people should be told what to do and are all about “freedom for all!”....

Except....

Fill in the blanks.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:31 pm

I am against ecigs being used in enclosed places and where food is served for the simple reason.....they stink. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:41 pm

Syl wrote:I am against ecigs being used in enclosed places and where food is served for the simple reason.....they stink. Rolling Eyes

Which ecig smells don’t you like, by memory, for example?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:52 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:I am against ecigs being used in enclosed places and where food is served for the simple reason.....they stink. Rolling Eyes

my ecig looks like a cigarette, lights up and all. it's a bit heavier but the vapour doesnt smell. i've smoked it slyly on work premises and no one has known

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:12 am

eddie wrote:

My friend smokes one which isn't flavoured....it has no smell. Worst ones are the sweet candy floss flavoured ones, have no idea what it's called,  but it's horrible.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:53 am

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Know why?

Ecigs produce VAPOUR.

Is there any conclusive evidence for people being harmed due to second hand e-cig vapour? Or are you being a tad precious?

Again, just a simple a google search shows that it's up for debate. No one knows. Why should I, any kids, any old folk, or simply anyone have to put up with it if there's any chance of harm?

Should we be allowed to spit in restaurants? They could provide special cups?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:21 am

eddie wrote:And here’s really the whole cumshot of it all:

The people who are against ecigs are really just against smoking and see ecigs as a ‘pacifier’  for the silly smokers, so they invent this “Ooh it’s smelly!” because what they really want to say is “I dont think people should smoke”

Trouble is, most of you saying that are left wing and you guys don’t think people should be told what to do and are all about “freedom for all!”....

Except....

Fill in the blanks.

Strange I haven't seen Anyone Propose that Heroin Users should be able to Shoot up in the Cafe, if their outside, of course  Razz Razz Razz Razz

Smokers are Just being treated like other recreational drug users. 
Your not allowed Open Alcohol on most sidewalks either, outside of designated areas.

I'm not overly worries about ecigs, since they are the lesser of 2 evils, but we seem to already have the laws that people want to implement in the UK  geek

And the Left wing motto is 'the freedom to do what you want if it doesn't negatively impact others' and the jury is still out on the impacts of ecigs
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:27 am

veya_victaous wrote:

The people who are against ecigs are really just against smoking and see ecigs as a ‘pacifier’  for the silly smokers, so they invent this “Ooh it’s smelly!” because what they really want to say is “I dont think people should smoke”

Except....

Fill in the blanks.

Strange I haven't seen Anyone Propose that Heroin Users should be able to Shoot up in the Cafe, if their outside, of course  Razz Razz Razz Razz

Your not allowed Open Alcohol on most sidewalks either, outside of designated areas.

I'm not overly worries about ecigs, since they are the lesser of 2 evils, but we seem to already have the laws that people want to implement in the UK  geek

And the Left wing motto is 'the freedom to do what you want if it doesn't negatively impact others' and the jury is still out on the impacts of ecigs

If they want to shoot up in a safe environment, then they should be able to.

You see you want to discriinate against people, when no drug should be criinalized.

You could make drugs far safer, vastly reducing crime.

It seems some of you have not understand that the war on drugs has never worked. Nor will it ever do so when you have a demand. Its why prohibition failed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:33 am

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

Again, just a simple a google search shows that it's up for debate. No one knows. Why should I, any kids, any old folk, or simply anyone have to put up with it if there's any chance of harm?

Then dont walk up to them when smoking.

I tell you one thing though and this is a fact. Majority of my friends are non-smokers. Yet when out, they will all without fail, join those of us smoking outside.

Again what is stopping you going somewhere else?

Here again we have people want to enforce rules on owners. When you have no right to do so. Nobody is being discriminated against, but you want to discriminate against the smokers

Seriously, fuck off else where to eat, where there is no smoking areas outside, if it bothers you

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:27 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Except....

Fill in the blanks.

You see you want to discriinate against people, when no drug should be criinalized.

It seems some of you have not understand that the war on drugs has never worked. Nor will it ever do so when you have a demand. Its why prohibition failed

Whatever Junkie  tongue tongue tongue tongue

when did I say I support the War on Drugs  Rolling Eyes

the Fact is Nicotine addicts are just STARTING to get the same treatment as society currently treats other recreational drug users.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:48 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

I tell you one thing though and this is a fact. Majority of my friends are non-smokers. Yet when out, they will all without fail, join those of us smoking outside.

Here again we have people want to enforce rules on owners. When you have no right to do so. Nobody is being discriminated against, but you want to discriminate against the smokers

Seriously, fuck off else where to eat, where there is no smoking areas outside, if it bothers you

I've never actually had any problems tbh, didge, not that many people smoke in eating areas Wink

So are you OK with people spitting in outdoor eating areas?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:56 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

I've never actually had any problems tbh, didge, not that many people smoke in eating areas Wink

No I dont have an issue, why would I? If they are doing this into their napkin and throwing this away that is fine.

I have seen kids throw up in a restaurant, what do you think I should do? Throw them out?

You often see kids spit food out they do not like onto their plate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:02 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Whatever Junkie  tongue tongue tongue tongue

when did I say I support the War on Drugs  Rolling Eyes

the Fact is Nicotine addicts are just STARTING to get the same treatment as society currently treats other recreational drug users.

And how in anyway is that okay?

If you do not support the war on drugs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:07 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

No I dont have an issue, why would I? If they are doing this into their napkin and throwing this away that is fine.

I have seen kids throw up in a restaurant, what do you think I should do? Throw them out?

Just to add to this

Shall I throw out people that sneeze or burb Eilzel?

Coughing?

Where do you want to draw the line over things that might annoy some people?

Its down to the owners to act on or have policies in their restaurant

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:12 am

Didge wrote:
Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Just to add to this

Coughing?

Hmmm, I'm not talking spitting a little foot out discretely didge; I'm talking about hocking up big time just to clear your throat and then spitting it out beside you.

Throwing up is accidental, I'll not patronise you by explaining the blatant obvious differences between coughing and sneezing vs smoking (but I'll give you a clue, it's similar to the point about throwing up Wink )
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:21 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

Just to add to this

Coughing?

Hmmm, I'm not talking spitting a little foot out discretely didge; I'm talking about hocking up big time just to clear your throat and then spitting it out beside you.

Throwing up is accidental, I'll not patronise you by explaining the blatant obvious differences between coughing and sneezing vs smoking (but I'll give you a clue, it's similar to the point about throwing up Wink  )

No problem again, as I am in someone elses place and is no different to people coughing and sneezing without covering. You want to patronize me on your ignorance, where they all spread germs? Being as again, I already smoke away fro people

Sorry. Want to think about that one again?

Again , I am not bothered by such things.

I would not spit, but then I dont expect or presume everyone has had good parents like I had that taught me manners

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:46 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

Just to add to this

Coughing?

Throwing up is accidental, I'll not patronise you by explaining the blatant obvious differences between coughing and sneezing vs smoking (but I'll give you a clue, it's similar to the point about throwing up Wink  )

No problem again, as I am in someone elses place and is no different to people coughing and sneezing without covering. You want to patronize me on your ignorance, where they all spread germs? Being as again, I already smoke away fro people

I would not spit, but then I dont expect or presume everyone has had good parents like I had that taught me manners

I find coughing or sneezing without covering to be disgusting. But you can hardly stop people from coughing and sneezing, especially kids, so let them be.
Smoking is an absolute choice and is totally unnecessary in an eating area.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

I find coughing or sneezing without covering to be disgusting. But you can hardly stop people from coughing and sneezing, especially kids, so let them be.
Smoking is an absolute choice and is totally unnecessary in an eating area.

I dont find something natural disgusting with coughing or sneezing

So you don't go to many barbecues I take it, as you must find them disgusting also, correct?

What do you do in this situation, where the cooking facility in the resturant or beer garden is emitting harmful smoke?

So I take it that you wish to ban barbecues also in eating areas?  

You see how I can tie you up in knots with this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:17 pm

I think it was Syl or Vantage--soz can't remember--who said you have so many red herrings that you introduce into arguments, didge. That is soo true...any adjective, example, metaphor or illustration can send you down some rabbit hole from which you never return. It's what produces the absurd and/or frivolous paths to your comments.

But I think the red herring accusation is a bit harsh. It implies intention. I don't think you know you are doing it. You are simply intellectually undisciplined and randomly veer off-course, like a drunk driver.

What also gets you going is your desire to win, rather than get to the truth. That leads you into attack mode. Try joining with your respondent, rather than attacking him/her.

I think Les is giving his honest assessment of how he feels. If he doesn't say barbecues are disgusting, you can take it that he doesn't feel that way. Simple...don't go down that hole.

It boils down to this: if it's an elective act (peeing in public), don't do it. If it's something you can't help (sneezing), take steps to minimize it. If it physically harms people (setting off a bomb...or smoking), do it in the desert.

I think that simplifies it all.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next