NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

+13
The Devil, You Know
nicko
Ben Reilly
eddie
Fred Moletrousers
'Wolfie
Eilzel
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Vintage
Raggamuffin
magica
Syl
17 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 5 Empty Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Syl Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

No......the vapour stinks and the user and anyone nearby is usually swamped by a sweet smelling stench that I for one find quite obnoxious. If you want to vape, go somewhere where you are not bothering other people. Rolling Eyes

"E-cigarette users should be allowed to vape in public places, such as in offices, buses and trains, a controversial report by MPs has recommended.
The Science and Technology Committee said that forcing vapers into the smoking shelters could undermine their efforts to quit and called for a ‘liberalisation on restrictions’ which would necessitate ‘non-vapers having to accommodate vapers.’
MPs also said regulations should be relaxed to allow licensing, prescribing and advertising of e-cigarettes to promoted their health benefits.
Committee chair Norman Lamb MP, said: “E-cigarettes are less harmful than conventional cigarettes, but current policy and regulations do not sufficiently reflect this and businesses, transport providers and public places should stop viewing conventional and e-cigarettes as one and the same. There is no public health rationale for doing so.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/08/17/let-e-cigarette-users-vape-offices-buses-say-mps-controversial/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 5 Empty Re: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Syl Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:14 pm

gelico wrote:

my hubby used to come home after a hard days graft having been sweating during the day.....i found it a huge turn on......salty taste

am i some sort of sicko

Embarassed

No you are not Gels.....the human body (when it's someone we love) is a delight.....no matter how it smells. (farts and bad breath being the obvious exceptions) silent
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 5 Empty Re: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

my hubby used to come home after a hard days graft having been sweating during the day.....i found it a huge turn on......salty taste

am i some sort of sicko

Embarassed

No you are not Gels.....the human body (when it's someone we love) is a delight.....no matter how it smells. (farts and bad breath being the obvious exceptions) silent

Well...I've heard some people like the aroma of their own farts. Laughing

Could be they are the narcissists of the world.

lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well...I've heard some people like the aroma of their own farts.  Laughing

Could be they are the narcissists of the world.

lol!

And I bet they are males. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Eilzel wrote:Not one person has suggested that sweat cannot be arousing.
Not one person has said they hate homeless people if they smell.

Most here would probably support finding cleaner alternatives to drivel fuel guzzling cars but like any reasonable grown up, accepts that for now many people DO need to drive cars to get to certain places.

None of the above can be compared to smoking cigarettes, which is nothing more than a dirty addiction that harms both the smoker and those around them.

Any ridiculous comparison to cars driving, homeless people or sweat is just that - ridiculous.

You and others argued off the smell when there are lots of unpleasant smells. You went off possible harm and I easily showed ars are hugely ore harmfful

Its only ridiulous to hyporites. I easily compared them ,but you still do not want to ban cars in cities a major pollutant You just want to impose your intolerant views on others.

most people do not need cars that is a copletely fallacy and why countless people are overwieght

Its my choice to smoke in public not some militant bigot demand that I should respect his intolerant views

Respect is earned

Last edited by Didge on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:53 pm

There is an old alliteration that is appropriate to didge's reasoning powers:

"A coincidence of conversation, leads to a confusion of concepts."

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:There is an old alliteration that is appropriate to didge's reasoning powers:

"A coincidence of terms, leads to a confusion of concepts."

When all else fails to the left they attack the poster and not the points

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:There is an old alliteration that is appropriate to didge's reasoning powers:

"A coincidence of conversation, leads to a confusion of concepts."

Laughing

Well, it's not exactly you, but your errors in reasoning.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Laughing

Still talking about me

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Still talking about me

You brought it up.  Personally, I'd rather talk about your errors in reasoning. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Still talking about me

You brought it up.  Personally, I'd rather talk about your errors in reasoning.  Laughing

Well I have zero interest in your delusions

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You brought it up.  Personally, I'd rather talk about your errors in reasoning.  Laughing

Well I have zero interest in your delusions

Yet you cannot resist continuing. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Not one person has suggested that sweat cannot be arousing.
Not one person has said they hate homeless people if they smell.

Most here would probably support finding cleaner alternatives to drivel fuel guzzling cars but like any reasonable grown up, accepts that for now many people DO need to drive cars to get to certain places.

None of the above can be compared to smoking cigarettes, which is nothing more than a dirty addiction that harms both the smoker and those around them.

Any ridiculous comparison to cars driving, homeless people or sweat is just that - ridiculous.

You and others argued off the smell when there are lots of unpleasant smells. You went off possible harm and I easily showed ars are hugely ore harmfful

Its only ridiulous to hyporites. I easily compared them ,but you still do not want to ban cars in cities a major pollutant You just want to impose your intolerant views on others.

most people do not need cars that is a copletely fallacy and why countless people are overwieght

Its my choice to smoke in public not some militant bigot demand that I should respect his intolerant views

Respect is earned

Most smokers want to stop smoking, thats the whole point of many using E cigs, they are trying to wean themselves off the more harmful tobacco but still need the sensation and ritual of putting something in their mouths and drawing in.

Is that why you are so angry sometimes Didge, do you want to pack in smoking but just cant find the willpower? Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 5 1858517897
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:11 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Respect is earned

Most smokers want to stop smoking, thats the whole point of many using E cigs, they are trying to wean themselves off the more harmful tobacco but still need the sensation and ritual of putting something in their mouths and drawing in.

Is that why you are so angry sometimes Didge, do you want to pack in smoking but just cant find the willpower? Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 5 1858517897

Still talking about me again

I have zero interest in giving up

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Just putting a valid point into the discussion Didge.
Many people are frustrated at their lack of success when they try to give up smoking.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:14 pm

Didge wrote:Still talking about me again

I realize that's. That's why you are so easy to bait.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:15 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Many people are frustrated at their lack of success when they try to give up smoking.

Its my choice over what I do with my own body

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:16 pm

I smoke, sometimes ecigs but mostly roll ups. I don’t smoke much out in public unless I’m drinking alcohol.
Strangely, I can go all day, until evening, before even having a roll up or joint.

I never understood the smoking ban - and I’d given up for a few years when that came about - yet I still thought it was stupid.

Perhaps in restaurants and places of eating, I can understand the ban (unless dining outside), but no one should be told what they can do outside in a public area in regards to smoking.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Of course it is, no one is denying that, but hospital wards are full of people who do things to their bodies that they wish they hadn't.
Habits are hard to break.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:37 pm

eddie wrote:I smoke, sometimes ecigs but mostly roll ups. I don’t smoke much out in public unless I’m drinking alcohol.
Strangely, I can go all day, until evening, before even having a roll up or joint.

I never understood the smoking ban - and I’d given up for a few years when that came about - yet I still thought it was stupid.

Perhaps in restaurants and places of eating, I can understand the ban (unless dining outside), but no one should be told what they can do outside in a public area in regards to smoking.

I eat outside a lot, personally I hate it when someone lights up at the next table.
All places that serve food and drinks should have seperate areas for smokers and none smokers....many now do, they all should.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:39 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Of course it is, no one is denying that, but hospital wards are full of people who do things to their bodies that they wish they hadn't.

Which is there choice, not yours. They still made a choice to do so.

I love smoking pot, I know the risks but would rather live a life enjoyed, shortened. Than one boring and longer

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

I love smoking pot, I know the risks but would rather live a life enjoyed, shortened. Than one boring and longer

Well pot is less harmful that normal cigs so they say.

And I agree its your choice, but odd that you would think the life of a pot smoker would be more enjoyable and less boring than someone who doesnt smoke pot.
Thats about as judgmental as anything I have read in this thread.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:50 pm

i smoke and i vape

if i am at a bus stop i will move away in the same direction as the wind is blowing in order not to evelope people in second hand smoke. to me it would be utterly disrespectful to stand in a crowd of people and vape. i do not support it being allowed in public places, such as restaurants etc, mostly because of the lack of research into the effects of them. first hand or second hand, it is so unfair on those who dont smoke.

just a matter of common courtesy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:50 pm

I think if something makes you happy you’re gonna keep doing it. I’ve been a sometime smoker, a social smoker, a heavy smoker and a non-smoker.

I smoke because I like it, simple, and I’ll stop if and when I want to.

Eating crap is the most harm you can do your body and we all do that. Every single day.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

And I agree its your choice, but odd that you would think the life of a pot smoker would be more enjoyable and less boring  than someone who doesnt smoke pot.

Its no less harmful

Well have you ever smoked pot?

You said no, so how would you possible know if it could be enjoyable or not for you?

I know what its like to not smoke and smoke pot and is one of the many pleasures I enjoy in life. So I a not judging anyone but saying what is more enjoyable to me.

So you took that completely out of context

Again I smoke away from people anyway. To place designated areas in public, is to me intolerance

Last edited by Didge on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

And I agree its your choice, but odd that you would think the life of a pot smoker would be more enjoyable and less boring  than someone who doesnt smoke pot.

Its no less harmful

You said no, so how would you possible know if it could be enjoyable or not for you?

Again I smoke away from people anyway. To place designated areas in public, is to me intolerance

I have never smoked it, I used to smoke cigarettes in a previous life and they were bad enough.

My life is anything but boring, I doubt smoking anything would enhance it.....but if people enjoy smoking pot (and I know plenty who do) good for them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:01 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Its no less harmful

I have never smoked it, I used to smoke cigarettes in a previous life and they were bad enough.

My life is anything but boring, I doubt smoking anything would enhance it.....but if people enjoy smoking pot (and I know plenty who do) good for them.

I know what its like to not smoke and smoke pot and is one of the many pleasures I enjoy in life. So I a not judging anyone but saying what is more enjoyable to me.

So you took that completely out of context

Read again what I said

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:04 pm

gelico wrote:i smoke and i vape

if i am at a bus stop i will move away in the same direction as the wind is blowing in order not to evelope people in second hand smoke.  to me it would be utterly disrespectful to stand in a crowd of people and vape.  i do not support it being allowed in public places, such as restaurants etc, mostly because of the lack of research into the effects of them. first hand or second hand,  it is so unfair on those who dont smoke.

I agree, have a alien .
Its just common sense, there is room for everyone in this world, as long as people dont try to thrust their habits onto someone else and consider others as well as themselves, there would be no dispute. …(and this thread would have been a lot shorter too) Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:24 pm

Syl wrote:

if i am at a bus stop i will move away in the same direction as the wind is blowing in order not to evelope people in second hand smoke.  to me it would be utterly disrespectful to stand in a crowd of people and vape.  i do not support it being allowed in public places, such as restaurants etc, mostly because of the lack of research into the effects of them. first hand or second hand,  it is so unfair on those who dont smoke.

I agree, have a alien .
Its just common sense, there is room for everyone in this world, as long as people dont try to thrust their habits onto someone  else and consider others as well as themselves, there would be no dispute. …(and this thread would have been a lot shorter too) Laughing

I agree, but you want to stop people smoking outside at cafes and restaurants, which I think is unreasonable. If they were there first, why should they stop because of you? If they go there regularly and you only go once or twice, why should they stop smoking for you? You tend to find that smokers go to regular places and have done for ages, and they avoid other places because they don't feel comfortable smoking there, even outside. You need to find one of those places if you don't like people smoking outside.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:42 pm

I agree, rags.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I agree, have a alien .
Its just common sense, there is room for everyone in this world, as long as people dont try to thrust their habits onto someone  else and consider others as well as themselves, there would be no dispute. …(and this thread would have been a lot shorter too) Laughing

I agree, but you want to stop people smoking outside at cafes and restaurants, which I think is unreasonable. If they were there first, why should they stop because of you? If they go there regularly and you only go once or twice, why should they stop smoking for you? You tend to find that smokers go to regular places and have done for ages, and they avoid other places because they don't feel comfortable smoking there, even outside. You need to find one of those places if you don't like people smoking outside.
 I dont want to stop people smoking outside in cafes and restaurants, if the restaurant can accomodate both in separate areas. But if there is no way of doing that, and no area designated for smokers away from food, smoking should be banned in those places, people would soon get used to it,....just as they got used to not smoking inside.

At present it doesnt matter who was there first either, I have chosen an outside table to eat away from smokers only for someone to leave their own table and come and sit next to mine so they could light up and not annoy the people they are sat with.

Even when I did smoke decades ago, I would never have lit up near where others were eating, and that was well before the smoking bans were introduced.
Why would anyone want to deliberately spoil another persons meal?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:35 am

If only all smokers were as considerate as you Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:59 am

Raggamuffin wrote:If they were there first, why should they stop because of you?

If I were there first, would I have a right to pee on their leg? Suppose I have peed on that spot, outside the restaurant, for ten years?

After all, I was there first.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:10 am

Seems so Silly, When is UK going to Catch Up and stop Kowtowing to Regressives 

Australia Government banned smoking in the workplace (though not in hospitality workplaces) in 1997, in enclosed public places in 1999, and in indoor restaurants, bars, and clubs in 2006. September 2010 saw the prohibition of smoking in outdoor eating and drinking areas come into effect.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:42 am

eddie wrote:I think if something makes you happy you’re gonna keep doing it.  I’ve been a sometime smoker, a social smoker, a heavy smoker and a non-smoker.

Eating crap is the most harm you can do your body and we all do that. Every single day.

Rolling Eyes

You might like eaating "crap" every day, eddie -- but many of us prefer to eat proper and relatively healthy food...

I've seen a grandmother, an aunty, and an uncle or two die as a direct result of cigarette smoking..

I have yet to see anybody die from a simple and healthy diet.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:42 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:I think if something makes you happy you’re gonna keep doing it.  I’ve been a sometime smoker, a social smoker, a heavy smoker and a non-smoker.

Rolling Eyes

You might like eaating "crap" every day,  eddie  --  but many of us prefer to eat proper and relatively healthy food...

I've seen a grandmother, an aunty, and an uncle or two die as a direct result of cigarette smoking..

I have yet to see anybody die from a simple and healthy diet.

I don’t eat crap wolf, but most people do.

I’ve seen people smoke twenty cigarettes a day for over fifty years and die of nothing but old age.

And I have read about perfectly healthy people who eat well and don’t drink or smoke, drop down dead.

Some people drink copious amounts of alcohol and don’t have any adverse effects from it.

All I know is this: the way some of you have carried on about smoking and with “telling people what to do”....... you sound very much......

........RIGHT WING!

Shocked

You gotta admit, you and others sound awfully stuffy and demanding and...... RIGHT WING Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 5 1942856362
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:53 am

Eilzel wrote:

Honestly, and I know it’s not the same thing, but I wish people would stop driving short distances in their big, guzzling cars. I wish people would wash before getting on my bus. I wish people didn’t choke me with their perfume (seriously!). I wish people who worked in cafes realised that milk is vile and I don’t want to drink it so offer me an alternative.

Blah blah.

Jesus, you know how stuffy and unrelenting and spoiled some of you sound?

And you know that people that have that spoiled and unrelenting way about them will always find something that “upsets” them?

I was a non-smoker for years. I didn’t like smoke around me - I still don’t if I’m not smoking - but I just sinpky accepted that we aren’t all the same and the world doesn’t turn because I say so.

And btw, this thread was about Ecigs.
STEAM EVAPORATES LEAVING NO TRACE.

Rolling Eyes bunch of sensitive little babies.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:01 am

@eddie

Don't cafes offer a range of 'milk' in the UK? confused

Here most if not all cafes offer at least one alternative
many have soy and almond.

"inner city lefties sipping soy lattes" is actually a description/insult for a particular voting demographic   Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:34 am

maybe take away food should be banned on buses

recently i got on a bus and someone was chowing down kfc or some such, about halfway down there was a mcdonalds fest going on and at the back some woman was chowing down on some chinese noodle type dish.

eeeh Gads! i was heaving all the way home

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 pm

gelico wrote:

maybe take away food should be banned on buses

recently i got on a bus and someone was chowing down kfc or some such, about halfway down there was a mcdonalds fest going on and at the back some woman was chowing down on some chinese noodle type dish.

eeeh Gads!  i was heaving all the way home

cheers

Not only on buses and trains, but also in public parks, on the beach, and out in the street...

And increase the fines for littering when they leave their Macca's/KFC/Subway/Chinese takeaway packaging behind..

You could be on a winner there, gelico.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Honestly, and I know it’s not the same thing, but I wish people would stop driving short distances in their big, guzzling cars. I wish people would wash before getting on my bus. I wish people didn’t choke me with their perfume (seriously!). I wish people who worked in cafes realised that milk is vile and I don’t want to drink it so offer me an alternative.

Blah blah.

And you know that people that have that spoiled and unrelenting way about them will always find something that “upsets” them?

I was a non-smoker for years. I didn’t like smoke around me - I still don’t if I’m not smoking - but I just sinpky accepted that we aren’t all the same and the world doesn’t turn because I say so.  

As bad as those things you mention are, none of them are actually harmful.

Smoking is, and not just for the smoker.

Ecigs are just disgusting even if not harmful (so far as we know). They still set a bad example though. And sorry but smoking them around people is inconsiderate.

If you think objecting to it makes people sensitive babies then so be it. I do recall you make a thing of people spitting once, about how disgusting it is. And I agree. But I'd rather be out in public around someone who spits now and then to someone who smokes around people.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:22 pm

eddie wrote:Honestly, and I know it’s not the same thing, but I wish people would stop driving short distances in their big, guzzling cars. I wish people would wash before getting on my bus. I wish people didn’t choke me with their perfume (seriously!). I wish people who worked in cafes realised that milk is vile and I don’t want to drink it so offer me an alternative.

Blah blah.

You are arguing by alternate misdeeds:

"Sure I killed my children, but plenty of people kill their lids!"

You don't justify sins by arguing other sins. Ultimately, that leads to the justification of a sinful world.

That's the same trap that didge keeps entangling himself: so what if I exhale smoke, automobiles exhale smog.

Rather, you correct the other wrong, along with this one, and the world is a better place.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:12 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Blah blah.

+1

You are dealing with hyporites

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

Blah blah.

As bad as those things you mention are, none of them are actually harmful.

Smoking is, and not just for the smoker.

Ecigs are just disgusting even if not harmful (so far as we know). They still set a bad example though. And sorry but smoking them around people is inconsiderate.

If you think objecting to it makes people sensitive babies then so be it. I do recall you make a thing of people spitting once, about how disgusting it is. And I agree. But I'd rather be out in public around someone who spits now and then to someone who smokes around people.

Really no cars are harmfull?

How any deaths per year?

The biggest health problem to humans today is pollution where again you do not object to cars polluting cities

Pollution responsible for 16 percent of early deaths globally

"This is the first global analysis of the impacts of pollution -- air, water, soil, occupational -- together as well as exploring the economic costs and the social injustice of pollution," says Lanphear. "Pollution, which is at the root of many diseases and disorders that plague humankind, is entirely preventable."

The report features solutions and recommends how the problem can be solved. It includes examples and case studies of pollution control success.

Commission findings include:

Pollution causes 16% of all deaths globally.

Diseases caused by pollution were responsible in 2015 for an estimated 9 million premature deaths -- 16% of all deaths worldwide -- three times more deaths than AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria combined; and fifteen times more than all wars and other forms of violence. It kills more people than smoking, hunger and natural disasters. In some countries, it accounts for one in four deaths.

Pollution disproportionately kills the poor and the vulnerable. Nearly 92% of pollution-related deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries. Within countries, pollution's toll is greatest in poor and marginalized communities. Children face the highest risks because small exposures to chemicals in utero and in early childhood can result in lifelong disease and, disability, premature death, as well as reduced learning and earning potential.

Pollution is closely tied to climate change and biodiversity. Fossil fuel combustion in higher-income countries and the burning of biomass in lower-income countries accounts for 85% of airborne particulate pollution. Major emitters of carbon dioxide are coal-fired power plants, chemical producers, mining operations, and vehicles. Accelerating the switch to cleaner sources of energy will reduce air pollution and improve human and planetary health.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171020182513.htm

Last edited by Didge on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Blah blah.

+1

You smokers always stick together. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:
+1

Gelico has been very neutral here.. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Anyway Syl, you are an ex-smoker who tend to be the most anti-smokers...Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Didge wrote:Anyway Syl, you are an ex-smoker who tend to be the most anti-smokers...Laughing

This isn't about Syl...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Anyway Syl, you are an ex-smoker who tend to be the most anti-smokers...Laughing

This isn't about Syl...

Oh jog on you boring wanker, you always make debates about me

Laughing

Last edited by Didge on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Gelico has been very neutral here.. Laughing

Gelico talked sense....it's just about consideration for others, she has it, sadly lots of smokers dont.snobby

Yes I am an ex smoker, I started when I was 17 and I gave up about 35 years ago, when I smoked passive smoking wasnt even heard of, and health warnings were few and  far between  re the actual dangers of smoking.
I was always a polite smoker though and didn't smoke in confined places if other people were none smokers, and I have always hated smokers being near food.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:

This isn't about Syl...

Its OK Quill, I dont mind. I did smoke once, it would be a bit hypocritical of me if I dissed all smokers and pretended a fag had never crossed my lips ...so to speak. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next