NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

+13
The Devil, You Know
nicko
Ben Reilly
eddie
Fred Moletrousers
'Wolfie
Eilzel
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Vintage
Raggamuffin
magica
Syl
17 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 3 Empty Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Syl Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

No......the vapour stinks and the user and anyone nearby is usually swamped by a sweet smelling stench that I for one find quite obnoxious. If you want to vape, go somewhere where you are not bothering other people. Rolling Eyes

"E-cigarette users should be allowed to vape in public places, such as in offices, buses and trains, a controversial report by MPs has recommended.
The Science and Technology Committee said that forcing vapers into the smoking shelters could undermine their efforts to quit and called for a ‘liberalisation on restrictions’ which would necessitate ‘non-vapers having to accommodate vapers.’
MPs also said regulations should be relaxed to allow licensing, prescribing and advertising of e-cigarettes to promoted their health benefits.
Committee chair Norman Lamb MP, said: “E-cigarettes are less harmful than conventional cigarettes, but current policy and regulations do not sufficiently reflect this and businesses, transport providers and public places should stop viewing conventional and e-cigarettes as one and the same. There is no public health rationale for doing so.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/08/17/let-e-cigarette-users-vape-offices-buses-say-mps-controversial/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Syl Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well you are contradicting then.

If you are sitting at an outside cafe, and you dont smoke in front of people who are eating....be they your friends or others, you either refrain from smoking, or move away from them....ie, you go to a designated area for smokers.

Glad we agree on something.

I am not contradicting anything

The view here was to make smokers only be able to go to designated areas to smoke when out in public

I disagree with that

Doh

Glad you tried to poorly misdirect and I was able to correct your poor and sneaky attempt to misdirect

I did no such thing.....you ARE going to a designated area if you are moving away from people who are dining out.
Obviously, every outdoor café should have tables for diners, and tables set apart for people who need to smoke/vape, till they do I'm glad you take yourself away from the more civilised diners....good for you.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

I am not contradicting anything

The view here was to make smokers only be able to go to designated areas to smoke when out in public

I disagree with that

Doh

Glad you tried to poorly misdirect and I was able to correct your poor and sneaky attempt to misdirect

I did no such thing.....you ARE going to a designated area if you are moving away from people who are dining out.
Obviously, every outdoor café should have tables for diners, and tables set apart for people who need to smoke/vape, till they do I'm glad you take yourself away from the more civilised diners....good for you.

I am not going to any designated area, i simple moving a distance away from people

That could litterally be anywhere and hence your view is ridiculous and stupid to claim designated

If it was a cafe outside. I would move about 5 meters from the cafe still on the pavement

Civilized diners? What a stuck up snob, ha ha ha

People like you, actually make me want to smoke right in your face

Laughing

Last edited by Didge on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

I am not going to any designated area, i simple moving a distance away from people

That coule litterally be anywhere and hence your view is ridiculous and stupid

Iff it was a cafe outside. I would move about 5 meters from the cafe still on the pavement

Laughing

As I thought, no self control. Evil or Very Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:29 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Iff it was a cafe outside. I would move about 5 meters from the cafe still on the pavement

Laughing

Only in regards to cantankerous snobs.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Laughing

And anyone who ever disagree with you. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:33 pm

I love to vape and would love it if I could do it pretty much anywhere. I don't think it's very harmful to me and I doubt it's harmful to anyone around me.

That said, common courtesy dictates that you avoid vaping in the middle of a crowd unless you know they're all cool with it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Laughing

nah, i would never do so to any poster here

Just you and Eilzel

Like I say, just to see the expressions on your face

I am sure it would be priceless

Priceless

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Didge wrote:I am not going to any designated area, i simple moving a distance away from people

You'd be in jail in 10-minutes in California.
]
A much more sensible approach would be to ban cigarettes and nicotine products.  They are illegal in restaurants, office buildings and public places here.

No one is trying to save people from themselves; nicotine is infectious, and poisons other people. How can someone be shocked about spraying an automatic weapon around indiscriminately, and not be shocked about diffusing and circulating nicotine in public?  It's the same thing.  Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 3 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:I am not going to any designated area, i simple moving a distance away from people

]
A much more sensible approach would be to ban cigarettes.  They are illegal in restaurants, office buildings and public places here.

No one is trying to save people from themselves; nicotine is infectious, and poisons other people. How can someone be shocked about spraying an automatic weapon around indiscriminately, and not be shocked about diffusing and circulating nicotine in public?  It's the same thing.  Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 3 2190311264

Happy to go to jail to defend my rights

Its my choice and you trying to stop me is what is wrong

Again I actually move away from people

You miss the point I would only happily blow this in the face of Eilzel and Syl

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Its like i say, why are we not banning all cars?

Pollution responsible for 16 percent of early deaths globally

"This is the first global analysis of the impacts of pollution -- air, water, soil, occupational -- together as well as exploring the economic costs and the social injustice of pollution," says Lanphear. "Pollution, which is at the root of many diseases and disorders that plague humankind, is entirely preventable."

The report features solutions and recommends how the problem can be solved. It includes examples and case studies of pollution control success.

Commission findings include:

Pollution causes 16% of all deaths globally.

Diseases caused by pollution were responsible in 2015 for an estimated 9 million premature deaths -- 16% of all deaths worldwide -- three times more deaths than AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria combined; and fifteen times more than all wars and other forms of violence. It kills more people than smoking, hunger and natural disasters. In some countries, it accounts for one in four deaths.

Pollution disproportionately kills the poor and the vulnerable. Nearly 92% of pollution-related deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries. Within countries, pollution's toll is greatest in poor and marginalized communities. Children face the highest risks because small exposures to chemicals in utero and in early childhood can result in lifelong disease and, disability, premature death, as well as reduced learning and earning potential.

Pollution is closely tied to climate change and biodiversity. Fossil fuel combustion in higher-income countries and the burning of biomass in lower-income countries accounts for 85% of airborne particulate pollution. Major emitters of carbon dioxide are coal-fired power plants, chemical producers, mining operations, and vehicles. Accelerating the switch to cleaner sources of energy will reduce air pollution and improve human and planetary health.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/10/171020182513.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:59 pm

Didge wrote:Happy to go to jail to defend my rights

Smokers have no intrinsic rights.  An owner of a MAC-10 has more rights in this country.  See, Amend. No. 2, U.S.Constitution.  Public laws exist for the health & safety of the public.  Nothing is more detrimental to public health than smoking.

Didge wrote:Again I actually move away from people

Distancing yourself is never adequate, as long as you are in touch with civilization.

Didge wrote:You miss the point I would only happily blow this in the face of Eilzel and Syl

The other thing I find offensive about smoking is the smell around smokers.  How can people buy such products as mouthwash and toothpaste to improve their breath, yet intentionally make their clothes and hair smell like rotten, acrid eggs.  Of course, they are not aware of the smell themselves, because they are the smell.  Their car, their homes and their work spaces also wreak of the same, sickly odor.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Happy to go to jail to defend my rights

Smokers have no intrinsic rights.  An owner of a MAC-10 has more rights in this country.  See, Amend. No. 2, U.S.Constitution.  Public laws exist for the health & safety of the public.  Nothing is more detrimental to public health than smoking.

Didge wrote:Really, so you want to deny them rights to do what they want with their own bodies. Your argument is like those who wish to deny women having abortions. If i smoke in public and not next to people, I am not harming people in anyway. As seen pollution kills far more people than any guns. So why are you not advocating to deny people the right to own cars?

Hence the hypocrisy of your views

I have rights and when a state denies rights, it goes down even more the road of Totalitarian

Though no surprise you back such a stance

Look how badly prohibition never worked and how the war on drugs has never worked. Its why people like you have not got a clue or right to deny people what they want to do with their own bodies

Distancing yourself is never adequate, as long as you are in touch with civilization.

Didge wrote:Civilization?

Lol, a very subjective term to say the least, when as seen, is it civilized to continually polute the world?
Me smoking away from people is not harming them, only possible me and that is my choice not some KGB wannabe

The other thing I find offensive about smoking is the smell around them.  How can people buy such products as mouthwash and toothpaste to improve their breath, yet intentionally make their clothes and hair smell like rotten, acrid eggs.  Of course, they are not aware of the smell themselves, because they are the smell.  Their car, their homes and their work spaces also wreak of the same, sickly odor.

Well I am sure there is people out there that find looking at you offensive

But this is the problem here that the world is going down the slippery road of trying to ban and criminalize everything that they may take offense to. Its pandering to people who seem to take offense at everything. In the end you will push people to simple stand up to such barbarism

Then if you find the smell offensive, then that is your issue. I bet you still visit friends that do smoke

If you do not, you are again quite the intolerant person

Again infringing on peoples rights, because some people are offended. Is what constantly leads to the persecution and oppression of people

Last edited by Didge on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Didge wrote:Its like i say, why are we not banning all cars?

If the public would like...but, cars don't justify smoking nicotine.  The only association between cars and nicotine is, a car stinks when someone has smoked in them.

On the unrelated question of the smell of automobiles, transportation has a utility that nicotine does not have.  With populations today, if we tried to use horses and mules we'd be head-high in horseshit by now.  The use of energy will always produce negative by-products, but there is no utility from nicotine.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Its like i say, why are we not banning all cars?

If if the public would like...but, cars don't justify smoking nicotine.  The only association between cars and nicotine, is cars stink when someone has smoked in them.

On the unrelated question of the smell of automobiles, transportation has a utility that nicotine does not have.  With populations today, if we tried to use horses and mules we'd be head-high in horseshit by now.  The use of energy will always produce negative by-products, but there is no utility from nicotine.

Cars are majorly responsible for pollution

That is causing far more premature deaths than anyone smoking

Hence me smoking is causing a risk to me

People driving cars, is causing a risk to many people

And you want to ban me smoking and not the real threat to human lives here

Wow

And cars certainly do smell

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Didge wrote:But this is the problem here that the world is going down the slippery road of trying to ban and criminalize everything that they may take offense to. Its pandering to people who seem to take offense at everything. In the end you will push people to simple stand up to such barbarism

There are many substances and offenses that have been outlawed over the civilized history.  But we finally have honed the standard down to public safety.

Harmful substances, having no other utility, are things that might be beneficially banned with no consequences. Nicotine is one.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Didge wrote:Cars are majorly responsible for pollution

Also, highly beneficial for transportation. Applying a cost/benefit analysis, cars are better than tobacco.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

nah, i would never do so to any poster here

Just you and Eilzel

Like I say, just to see the expressions on your face

I am sure it would be priceless

Priceless

Cool

Yes very amusing, not sure what it has to de with smoking though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:But this is the problem here that the world is going down the slippery road of trying to ban and criminalize everything that they may take offense to. Its pandering to people who seem to take offense at everything. In the end you will push people to simple stand up to such barbarism

There are many substances and offenses that have been outlawed over the civilized history.  But we finally have honed the standard down to public safety.

Harmful substances, having no other utility, are things that might be beneficially banned with no consequences.  Nicotine is one.

Subjective yet again and a personal preference by you

You are not the standard to even begin to state what is

As again what i do with my body, is none of your business, just as its not my buisness what you do with yours

If you banned, you would just add to the criminal world to exploit this. Seeing a rise in crime levels and death

Score Quill, for abject stupidity

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Didge wrote:Hence me smoking is causing a risk to me

Your smoking is a risk to everyone in the greater vicinity. You are taking lives of others away, while getting nothing in return.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Cars are majorly responsible for pollution

Also, highly beneficial for transportation.  Applying a cost/benefit analysis, cars are better than tobacco.

Is it beneficial, when now so many people are overweight and too lazy to walk?

Ouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

]
A much more sensible approach would be to ban cigarettes.  They are illegal in restaurants, office buildings and public places here.

Laughing

I suppose blowing smoke in our faces makes a change from dummy throwing Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 3 4214183177
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Hence me smoking is causing a risk to me

Your smoking is a risk to everyone in the greater vicinity.  You are taking lives of others away, while getting nothing in return.

Not when I am not standing next to people

So you are empahtically promoting a lie and you do this all the time

You are a risk to the greater good of society, maybe we should simple ban you

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:19 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Laughing

I suppose blowing smoke in our faces makes a change from dummy throwing Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 3 4214183177

Are you not the world champion of this?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Laughing

No....I may walk away if a thread is going round in circles...but I dont dummy throw, how can I when you hog them all. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Laughing

No....I may walk away if a thread is going round in circles...but I dont dummy throw, how can I when you hog them all. Razz

Then what are you still doing on this thread posting?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Didge wrote:Subjective yet again and a personal preference by you

As again what i do with my body, is none of your business, just as its not my buisness what you do with yours

If you banned, you would just add to the criminal world to exploit this. Seeing a rise in crime levels and death

If you spent as much time on your reasoning as you do on your narcissistic need to pay yourself compliments, you would note that every objective study shows that nicotine is deadly--to all, not just to smokers.

Black market contraband is always a problem once something is banned. Even in Britain, one can obtain a Glock. Let's outlaw smoking, and worry about the black market later.

It's a losing argument, no matter how you put it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Subjective yet again and a personal preference by you

If you spent as much time on your reasoning as you do on your narcissistic need to pay yourself compliments, you would note that every objective study shows that nicotine is deadly--to all, not just to smokers.

Black market contraband is always a problem once something is banned.  Even in Britain, one can obtain a Glock.  Let's outlaw smoking, and worry about the black market later.

It's a losing argument, no matter how you put it.

lol, so again the left use the joker card

Attempt poorly to make unfounded views on the poster and not the points at hand

lol!

Well I can tell you this

The war on drugs has never ever worked and it never will, when there is a demand

Its why Prohibition failed drastically and led to the rise of some of the worst criminal elements ever seen in US history. That majorly profited off the worst kind off intolerance going

Trying to deny people the right to do what they want to their own bodies

This is what you fail to grasp

Its idiots like you that are in tune with those who wish to deny women have the right to do with their own bodies as they chose

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Also, highly beneficial for transportation.  Applying a cost/benefit analysis, cars are better than tobacco.

Ouch

Automobiles are not recommended as dietary inhibitors. They are used to move people about. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!

Trying to educate pork it seems. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Didge wrote:Attempt poorly to make unfounded views on the poster and not the points at hand

Laughing I have made the point magnificently.

That I have shown you to be an ass is but an incidental consequence. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Ouch

Automobiles are not recommended as dietary inhibitors.  They are used to move people about.  Razz

You mean they allow for people to become lazy

I mean why not only allow those disabled, thus elderly and children to use public transport within a 4 mile radius

No cars within theat limit

You cut down on pollution and people then have to excercize, but as seen, you would rather ban people who smoke, wanting to do what they want with their own bodies

Where again such idiocy has always failed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:32 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

lol!

At least I dont look like one

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Attempt poorly to make unfounded views on the poster and not the points at hand

Laughing   I have made the point magnificently.

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 3 Z

Second joker card played by Quill

Is he on for a hatrick?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Automobiles are not recommended as dietary inhibitors.  They are used to move people about.  Razz

I mean why not only allow those disabled, thus elderly and children to use public transport within a 4 mile radius

You cut down on pollution and people then have to excercize, but as seen, you would rather ban people who smoke, wanting to do what they want with their own bodies

Didge, your arguments are getting more and more surreal.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:37 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Your inability to be able to counter them is adorable to watch

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Laughing   I have made the point magnificently.

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 3 Z

Is he on for a hatrick?

Laughing

Thank you...please, no applause. Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Laughing

Well, you say that..... Laughing

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 3 Hqdefault
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:39 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Laughing

Well, you say that..... Laughing

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 3 Hqdefault

I think I look cute there, dont you?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Is he on for a hatrick?

Laughing

Thank you...please, no applause. Evil or Very Mad

I see wit and irony has gone over your head as well

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Laughing

Gee thanks Didge, adorable and precious in one thread, I am being truly spoiled today. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Laughing

Gee thanks Didge, adorable and precious in one thread, I am being truly spoiled today. Laughing

You are welcome, sadly I have to pander snobs as well on here

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Cool

I have to pander to egotistical, patronising, pompous know alls...we all have our crosses to bare. tongue

And on that....off for the night, have a good one.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:55 pm

This is the point of it all.

Sometimes you don’t like stuff. So here is a suggestion:

Don’t go out in public.

If you do go out, hold your nose in case of any unwanted and unwelcome smells.

Think back, to a time when you didn’t know smoking was bad for (this is for the older ones) did you boycott those places where everyone smoked? Did you smoke yourself? Did you write an email and complain?

Stop making everyone be like you. If you don’t like someone vaping/smoking/eating cheese around you....simply move away or, put up with it because, well, life.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Cool

I have to pander to egotistical, patronising, pompous  know alls...we all have our crosses to bare. tongue

And on that....off for the night, have a good one.

I cannot help being educated and that i read loads... Laughing

have a good evening

@Eddie

+1

Will give you a green later, as just recently gave one to Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:33 pm

So, is it the STEAM (which evaporates in seconds) or the smell that people don’t like?

Bit confused.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Eilzel wrote:Again, people need cars, trains and planes to get around. No one needs to smoke. Obvious point, doesn't require an essay.

A large proportion of these journeys aren't really necessary at all... but purely by choice for personal pleasure... and kicking out harmful exhaust smoke into the air being breathed by everyone else...!

I've met plenty of non smokers who get annoyed by someone else smoking nearby them... and who would be enraged if a smoker were to light up in the same room as them, say in a pub or restaurant etc where non smokers demand the right to be free of the nasty polluting smoke of others and protected from the harm it could do...

But these very same people think nothing of driving about in their diesel cars and the trail of poisonous exhaust smoke they leave behind them for everyone else to be forced to breathe in...!

I had to go up the high street shopping centre today... and while walking along I noticed a distinct taste in the air of nasty diesel exhaust smoke... it got right down my throat and started me coughing and feeling slightly nauseous... and I had to walk quite far to get out of the trail that turned out to be blowing from out the back of a stationary ice cream van...

Thought there was a law against vehicles sitting in one place too long without turning off the engines...

But this ice cream van would have been there all day with engines running, kicking out the shit... and it was an old one too so particularly nasty smoke...

Are the 'needs' of people who might fancy an ice cream, more important than the air quality of everyone else...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:05 pm

I don't think it's the engine you hear, it's the ice cream cooler or the Fridge Condenser ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:19 am

eddie wrote:This is the point of it all.

Sometimes you don’t like stuff. So here is a suggestion:

Don’t go out in public.

If you do go out, hold your nose in case of any unwanted and unwelcome smells.  

Think back, to a time when you didn’t know smoking was bad for (this is for the older ones) did you boycott those places where everyone smoked? Did you smoke yourself? Did you write an email and complain?

Stop making everyone be like you. If you don’t like someone vaping/smoking/eating cheese around you....simply move away or, put up with it because, well, life.

The thread itself specifically mentions buses, work places etc. It does smell pretty awful and not something people should have to tolerate in restaurants and buses etc. It is ALSO a bad example to children (even if better than cigarettes) which is why it shouldn't be allowed in those places, including bus stops imo. Real smoking should be banned in all but designated areas imo due to the harm it causes.

Neither are anything like cheese or perfume, which do not set bad examples as far as I'm aware eds Wink

^Sy, I see you picked up didge's 'you must hate the homeless' baton from me, thanks for that lol!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:45 am

nicko wrote:I don't think it's the engine you hear,    it's the ice cream cooler or the Fridge Condenser ?

I wasn't 'hearing' it at first Nicko... I was smelling it, tasting it, breathing it in, and coughing from it...!

But when I did get close enough to see and hear it... the engine was definitely running... I could hear it, and I could see the smoke puffing out of the exhaust pipe too!

And surely you must know how the ice cream van equipment is powered...?

FROM ELECTRICITY GENERATED DIRECTLY FROM THE RUNNING ENGINE!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:55 am

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Go inside then. Smokers can't go inside, they have to be outside, and they're entitled to go to cafes as well.

Why should I go inside? The café culture in Manchester is centred around outside areas where people can sit and enjoy their meals and drinks in the open air...specially when we have a gorgeous summer like this one.
Are you seriously suggesting people who want to enjoy their meal without inhaling harmful or stinking aromas should sit inside and let the smokers hog all the best seats outside?

Yes, if they don't like to be around people who are smoking. It's non-smokers who suddenly turn up and hog the tables outside as soon as the sun comes out - smokers have probably been using those tables in the winter when you've been inside.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next