NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If a homosexual assaulted another Homosexual..

3 posters

Go down

If a homosexual assaulted another Homosexual.. Empty If a homosexual assaulted another Homosexual..

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Would that count as a hate crime?

Back to top Go down

If a homosexual assaulted another Homosexual.. Empty Re: If a homosexual assaulted another Homosexual..

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:24 pm

heavenly father wrote:Would that count as a hate crime?

Maybe to some, but I've always understood a hate crime to be a crime committed against someone for belonging to a minority group that person was identified by the assailant as being part of, intended not only to hurt the individual but to frighten everyone like him or her. So while some might say that all violent attacks are driven by hate (which I think is nonsense; I believe far more are driven by desperation), I believe that an easy way to put it is that hate crimes target minorities for the purposes of intimidation.

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

If a homosexual assaulted another Homosexual.. Empty Re: If a homosexual assaulted another Homosexual..

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Would depend on the motivation for the attack, and the language used during it.

Why are you so obsessed with gay people?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Catman wrote:

It might be because you keep shoving them down our throats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:27 pm

Shady wrote:
Catman wrote:

It might be because you keep shoving them down our throats.

Why are you so obsessed with the idea of something being shoved down your throat?  ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:45 pm

i wondered if the police would list as hate crime is what i was trying to ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:51 pm

heavenly father wrote:i wondered if the police would list as hate crime is what i was trying to ask.

NO !  It would more likely  be called TOUGH LOVE

lol! lol! lol!

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:52 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:
heavenly father wrote:i wondered if the police would list as hate crime is what i was trying to ask.
[font=Arial Black]

NO !  It would more likely  be called TOUGH LOVE/font]

lol! lol! lol! 

Now that is class.. :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:53 pm

I doubt it, but it would be dependent on how the statute was written up. However, if a gay person assaulting another gay person could be considered a hate crime, that would mean that the same thing could apply to two straight people (presumably of the same ethnicity, of course) and that could open a whole other can of worms.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I doubt it, but it would be dependent on how the statute was written up. However, if a gay person assaulting another gay person could be considered a hate crime, that would mean that the same thing could apply to two straight people (presumably of the same ethnicity, of course) and that could open a whole other can of worms.

what if one of them was bisexual and the bisexual beat up the homosexual, would the police have to say hat was a hate crime.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:01 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

what if one of them was bisexual and the bisexual beat up the homosexual, would the police have to say hat was a hate crime.

Then he would get HALF THE SENTENCE.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:23 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I would imagine they'd have to use other evidence to determine whether or not a hate crime had been committed -- why don't you e-mail your local police and ask them?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I would imagine they'd have to use other evidence to determine whether or not a hate crime had been committed -- why don't you e-mail your local police and ask them?

That's a good idea!
A few others should follow that lead as well, as they seem to be confused by hate crime laws, even though it's all been explained to them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:43 pm

That would be a double blow....

..job!! Laughing 

Just kidding, Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Joy Division wrote:

..job!! Laughing 

Just kidding, Laughing 

lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:47 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Laughing 

..job!! Laughing 

Just kidding, Laughing 

lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:28 pm

would it be classed as a hate crime..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Depends on the motivation for the assault doesn`t it
Which in your example is unlikely be homophobia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:47 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:

if they clashed over boyfriends?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:06 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

If they clashed over boyfriends?
bit of a stretch that would be a crime of passion surely

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

If they clashed over boyfriends?

I don't know, i was just wondering how many so called hate crimes that the police record are actually what they seem, is a gay gets mugged by a straight man, is it always because he was gay..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:20 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

I don't know, i was just wondering how many so called hate crimes that the police record are actually what they seem, is a gay gets mugged by a straight man, is it always because he was gay..
i wouldn't think so ,unless the mugger knew he was gay before the mugging and that was his motivation for the mugging other than basic theft or Demanding with menaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:25 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

DEFINITELY.

But if it's the other way round and you asked if it were a hate crime they'd ask why would it be a hate crime - heterosexuals aren't subjected to hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:33 pm

...it would be a bummer!! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:55 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

DEFINITELY.

But if it's the other way round and you asked if it were a hate crime they'd ask why would it be a hate crime - heterosexuals aren't subjected to hate.

Not purely for the fact that they are attracted to women..No.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:39 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

DEFINITELY.

Oh yes they are. Its a hate crime if its motivated by hate towards the victim for something that is part of the victim,
like skin colour, religion, sexuality or disability

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:42 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

DEFINITELY.

Oh yes they are. Its a hate crime if its motivated by hate towards the victim for something that is part of the victim,

I would say, though, that for a gay-on-straight crime to be a hate crime, it would have to be something like a straight person moving into a predominantly gay area and assaulted by someone saying "Breeders go back where you came from" or something ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:46 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

I would say, though, that for a gay-on-straight crime to be a hate crime, it would have to be something like a straight person moving into a predominantly gay area and assaulted by someone saying "Breeders go back where you came from" or something ...

What about rape then? would that be hate motivated ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:48 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Certainly could be -- I think you'd have to have more details, but rape has definitely been committed to intimidate a community.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:49 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

it's not rape if you shout "surprise" its just surprise sex which i think is legal.. :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Certainly could be -- I think you'd have to have more details, but rape has definitely been committed to intimidate a community.

Thats very true, and as we know rape is not about sex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:05 pm

heavenly father wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

it's not rape if you shout "surprise" its just surprise sex which i think is legal.. :D 

You know what's never funny? Rape jokes  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

You know what's never funny? Rape jokes  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

you know what's never funny american sitcoms... :D :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:12 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

A lot of them are a bit too sophisticated for some people -- they rarely feature people slipping on a banana peel and falling, for example  Cool 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:14 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

well that`s wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:20 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I disagree, Frasier, Friends, Cheers, Golden Girls, Roseanne, Taxi, Married with Children etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I disagree, Frasier, Friends, Cheers, Golden Girls, Roseanne, Taxi, Married with Children etc

all american sitcoms are terrible humour, to contrived, set up in situations that would never really happen, can't beat the best of British humour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:24 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

The only one that i liked was with Bruce Wills & Cybill Shepherd.

Moonlighting.

Brilliant show!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:24 pm

Catman wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Moonlighting.

boy that goes back a bit...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:25 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Catman wrote:

Moonlighting.

You always remember a good show!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:26 pm

heavenly father wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

all american sitcoms are terrible humour, to contrived, set up in situations that would never really happen, can't beat the best of British humour.
To be fair I think, that is part of it, all the 'situations' are contrived. That goes equally for UK ones too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:29 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

To be fair I think, that is part of it, all the 'situations' are contrived. That goes equally for UK ones too.

I disagree, i think british comedies are far more flowing and clever, americans always end up relying on some 5 year old kid saying something a forty year old would come out with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:35 pm

heavenly father wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I disagree, i think british comedies are far more flowing and clever, americans always end up relying on some 5 year old kid saying something a forty year old would come out with.

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:14 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Catman wrote:

Moonlighting.

The.Big.Bang.Theory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:19 pm

heavenly father wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Humour is subjective and relies a great deal on the audience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

i Agree

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:13 am

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

A hate crime is not a hate crime because the victim is a minority, a hate crime is a hate crime because the perpetrator Choose the victim because the victim was a minority.

Like the difference between murder and manslaughter the difference is the intent of the perpetrator.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down