NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway?

5 posters

Go down

Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway? Empty Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway?

Post by Syl Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:50 pm

Cannes film festival  is being criticized for altering an iconic image of an actress to make her appear much thinner than she actually was.
They are using the poster to promote the 70th anniversary of the festival.

Curvy and beautiful actress Claudia Cardinale was in her prime when this photo was taken of her in 1957, she has been heavily photoshopped to portray what they believe to be the ideal shape of women today, which is apparently much thinner today than what is was back then??

Seems many people disagree...the untouched original was definitely the best.
Photos in link.

http://www.refinery29.uk/2017/03/147992/cannes-film-festival-photoshopped-poster-claudia-cardinale
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway? Empty Re: Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway?

Post by Syl Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:14 pm

Awww...no one cares that the most beautiful film star of all time has had her waist and legs whittled away just to make her look thinner, which was unnecessary. Who prefers to look at a stick thin body when they can see a normal, natural, beautiful,  unphotoshopped one?

Just cos no one cares, I will post a pic of the woman who has had this awful thing done to her.
I may start a petition...LEAVE CLAUDIA ALONE.

Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway? Claudia-2-704x1024
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway? Empty Re: Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway?

Post by eddie Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:37 am

What are you wittering on about? I'm too pished to read what you have spoken about.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:49 am

I'm with you Syl. I admire Claudia, as you know - I use her pic as an avatar elsewhere. I was hoping that people would think it was me, but they weren't fooled. lol!

She looks really different now. I don't just mean because she's older - can't explain it really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:43 pm

eddie wrote:What are you wittering on about? I'm too pished to read what you have spoken about.

'Wittering'....I will have you know this story is front page news across the continent, its a very well thought out thread. Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway? 2347854014

Changing Claudia's photo is on a par with drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa or removing the shell from the birth of Venus.....sacrilege.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm with you Syl. I admire Claudia, as you know - I use her pic as an avatar elsewhere. I was hoping that people would think it was me, but they weren't fooled. lol!

She looks really different now. I don't just mean because she's older - can't explain it really.

I know you do Rags, that avi pic was lovely, I saw it again when I was looking for a nice pic of her to post here.
To me, she was the most beautiful actress of her generation.

Yes she looks very different now, she obviously has aged naturally, but she is almost unrecognisable.
One thing I do notice in the up to date pics, she always looks very happy, and that's nice to see.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:45 pm

She's a stunning looking woman.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:37 pm

She is before your time, but she was one of those beautiful actresses in the 60's that captivated everyone...a bit like a prettier Sophia Loren (though knowing you, you don't know of her either) Evil or Very Mad

Odd how some stars remain in the public eye for decades after they fade away or die and others are only remembered by film buffs.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Claudia was in one of my favourite films - The Pink Panther. The other great beauty who was in it - Capucine - had a tragic end when she jumped from her balcony after suffering depression.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:36 pm

This is the poster that's been altered btw, making the perfectly proportioned actress look almost deformed and anorexic, all to suit what some see as todays ideal figure.  Rolling Eyes
No wonder some women are paranoid about their bodies.

Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway? C8LNcOSU0AAbfC9
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Claudia was in one of my favourite films - The Pink Panther. The other great beauty who was in it - Capucine - had a tragic end when she jumped from her balcony after suffering depression.

Did she? I didn't know that, how tragic.
She was a very classy lady, and the scenes she did with Peter Sellers in that film were hilarious.

I just found this Rags, I watched it, you might find it interesting, the story of Capucines life and death.

Last edited by Syl on Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:42 pm

Is this Claudia, sporting convenient handi-wipes?   Laughing

Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway? Claudia-cardinale-bikini-les-petroleuses-tumblr

She is lovely.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Claudia was in one of my favourite films - The Pink Panther. The other great beauty who was in it - Capucine - had a tragic end when she jumped from her balcony after suffering depression.

She was a very classy lady, and the scenes she did with Peter Sellers in that film were hilarious.

Yes, she was great in it.

Fran Jeffries, who was the glamorous singer at the ski resort, died not long back.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Fran Jeffries, who was the glamorous singer at the ski resort, died not long back.

I added this to my post..its interesting Rags, if you haven't seen it its worth watching.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:50 pm

I know who bloody Sophia Loren is Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:58 pm

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:Is this Claudia, sporting convenient handi-wipes?   Laughing

Air brushing...how can you improve on perfection anyway? Claudia-cardinale-bikini-les-petroleuses-tumblr

She is lovely.

She isn't your usual 'Nordic' type is she Quill, but beauty is beauty.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I added this to my post..its interesting Rags, if you haven't seen it its worth watching.

Great video Syl - thanks for that. She'll always be an icon really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:47 pm

The only Claudia I know is supermodel Claudia Schiffer and she's an absolute baby doll too. Pleasant lady too. She looks so much like Brigitte Bardot but she dislikes comparison and  I don't blame her, given that she has none of Bardot's neuroses lol.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Great video Syl - thanks for that. She'll always be an icon really.

You are welcome. I didn't know much about Capucine before other than she had been a model, then an actress, she led a pretty sad life really.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down