NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Fred Moletrousers

+2
Andy
scrat
6 posters

Go down

Welcome Fred Moletrousers Empty Welcome Fred Moletrousers

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:56 am

Greetings Me Lord

Good to have you on board.

:D 

Back to top Go down

Welcome Fred Moletrousers Empty Re: Welcome Fred Moletrousers

Post by scrat Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 am

Well done M'lud
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:25 am

Welcome Edmund, nice to see you indeed Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Welcome onboard Moley.
Good to see you have seen the light and come for quality and civilised debate and chat - constant racism, abuse at lw'ers instead of debate, nazi supporters, homophobia and anti Muslim posting does wear one down, doesn't it?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Welcome lord M  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Welcome Moletrousers... H ave we met before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Welcome Fred Moletrousers Curtsy15 Welcome Lord Moletrousers  :D x

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi moley. Welcome.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Good grief, here's me burning my ermine robe and swapping my coronet for a rat catcher's flat cap in the belief that the comrades would have me hauled off to the guillotine...and they still call me "mi'lud" and "Lord"' and such.

Ah, well...noblesse oblige and all that.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Nice to see that you've decided everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt as soon as you arrived! Now that's a refreshing attitude.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Welcome onboard Moley.
Good to see you have seen the light and come for quality and civilised debate and chat - constant racism, abuse at lw'ers instead of debate, nazi supporters, homophobia and anti Muslim posting does wear one down, doesn't it?

Er, no.........I just treat it with disdain. Apart from abusing lw'ers, that is!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Welcome onboard Moley.

Er, no.........I just treat it with disdain. Apart from abusing lw'ers, that is!

Sorry to hear of your loss Moley. And I know you are better than the above  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Nice to see that you've decided everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt as soon as you arrived! Now that's a refreshing attitude.

Maybe so, but do my ears detect the sound of whetting stone on blade? And talking of refreshments, mine's a pint of Olde Gruntfuttock's XXXX
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Nice to see that you've decided everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt as soon as you arrived! Now that's a refreshing attitude.

Maybe so, but do my ears detect the sound of whetting stone on blade? And talking of refreshments, mine's a pint of Olde Gruntfuttock's XXXX

No more than mine did when I read your post!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:09 pm

Sassy wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Sorry to hear of your loss Moley.  And I know you are better than the above  :D 

Thanks, Sassy. I know it's an old cliche and very difficult for me to say, but it really was a blessing at the end. Tomorrow would have been her birthday, so I don't think I'll be able to keep up the bonhomie and merry quips for long tonight. Just wanted to say "hello" and thank those who have been kind enough to give me a welcome.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:11 pm

I know what you mean, was the same with Mum last year, and her birthday soon and its always bad for daughter's birthday.   Best of luck tomorrow, it's not easy I know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Thanks, Sassy. I know it's an old cliche and very difficult for me to say, but it really was a blessing at the end. Tomorrow would have been her birthday, so I don't think I'll be able to keep up the bonhomie and merry quips for long tonight. Just wanted to say "hello" and thank those who have been kind enough to give me a welcome.

Im sorry Lord M x
Anniversaries and birthday are harder than other days

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Anyone here to debate is welcome, I just don't think that coming on a site you didn't create and that includes a lot of left-wingers, and in your first post mentioning "rat catchers" and "comrades," doesn't bode well for the prospect of actual debate. It bodes really well for more pointless shit-slinging though, and lord knows we need a lot more of that around here!  Sleep Sleep Sleep 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:16 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Sassy wrote:

It's very difficult for us to part with the ones we love and carry on, even when we know it's the kindest thing. My thoughts are with you  I love you xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Anyone here to debate is welcome, I just don't think that coming on a site you didn't create and that includes a lot of left-wingers, and in your first post mentioning "rat catchers" and "comrades," doesn't bode well for the prospect of actual debate. It bodes really well for more pointless shit-slinging though, and lord knows we need a lot more of that around here!  Sleep Sleep Sleep 

Ben that is just banter from Me Lord, a good English sense of humour, excellent dry wit, he does not shit stir and many will vouch for that, is all just some banter, as both sides come out with things about being left or right to be fair eh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:21 pm

I cant imagine why you have such a negative opinion of Lord M after a couple of posts.
He is facing a difficult day tomorrow, might be nice to cut him some slack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:27 pm

I realize that. Fred, this comrade wishes you peace and comfort in what is, I can tell you, going to be probably the most difficult period of your life. I lost my dad about three and a half years ago and it's still painful. Not that it doesn't get better, but the first few weeks especially are basically living in a nightmare.

Even now it's hard to believe so much time has passed, and at the same time you feel like it's been eternity since you last got to speak with them. In my experience you don't really "get over it" so much as you learn how to carry it.

I just see a lot of threads devolving into mud-slinging, with guilty parties on both sides, and that wasn't what I envisioned when I started this site. I hoped it would be a place where civilized adults would act like civilized adults.

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Anyone here to debate is welcome, I just don't think that coming on a site you didn't create and that includes a lot of left-wingers, and in your first post mentioning "rat catchers" and "comrades," doesn't bode well for the prospect of actual debate. It bodes really well for more pointless shit-slinging though, and lord knows we need a lot more of that around here!  Sleep Sleep Sleep 

Oh, dear. It was actually supposed to be a light hearted comment because most posters were using versions of my ID from elsewhere.

hey, ho...........
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I realize that. Fred, this comrade wishes you peace and comfort in what is, I can tell you, going to be probably the most difficult period of your life. I lost my dad about three and a half years ago and it's still painful. Not that it doesn't get better, but the first few weeks especially are basically living in a nightmare.

Even now it's hard to believe so much time has passed, and at the same time you feel like it's been eternity since you last got to speak with them. In my experience you don't really "get over it" so much as you learn how to carry it.

I just see a lot of threads devolving into mud-slinging, with guilty parties on both sides, and that wasn't what I envisioned when I started this site. I hoped it would be a place where civilized adults would act like civilized adults.

I lost my father-in-law in 2002, I loved him as much as my own Dad.  You don't get over it or move on, you find a way of coping and as you say, carrying on  I love you Sorry to hear of your loss Ben xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:37 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I realize that. Fred, this comrade wishes you peace and comfort in what is, I can tell you, going to be probably the most difficult period of your life. I lost my dad about three and a half years ago and it's still painful. Not that it doesn't get better, but the first few weeks especially are basically living in a nightmare.

I lost my father-in-law in 2002, I loved him as much as my own Dad.  You don't get over it or move on, you find a way of coping and as you say, carrying on  I love you Sorry to hear of your loss Ben xxx

No matter how old you are the loss of a parent is hard. I still miss my mum and dad everyday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:45 pm

Welcome aboard M'Lud. You're a sight for sore eyes and this site will benefit a lot from your arrival.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hard after so many years.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Yes, I second that Ed, I'm really sorry for your loss, many of us were thinking of you over at SF when it was still on open.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:28 am

Time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:00 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Best wishes to you and your family today Me Lord of all days this will be difficult, it is never easy and to live with just the memories of someone so close and dear is always the hardest.
I think I join the whole forum in wishing you the support of all on this day, her Birthday, as we are like a family here, a dysfunctional one it is true, but one that is here in support of you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down