NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Get Promoted

+8
Miffs2
scrat
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
nicko
Syl
eddie
Major
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

How To Get Promoted - Page 2 Empty Re: How To Get Promoted

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:51 pm

sassy wrote:Sometimes I utterly despair at women.   Is it any wonder that we still have problems about equal pay and sexual harrassment in the workplace when women can't see that finding things like the OP funny is what allows it to continue?   The attitude, oh I'm broadminded, I'm gonna laugh because I've got to show what a man's girl I am, is what allows it to keep happening.

And the inference that every woman can deal with it and it's not a problem is bloody ridiculous.   Yes, I've dealt with it myself.   I've also seen women, strong, ambitioous, intelligent women, have their lives destroyed by it and they leave their jobs rather than put up with it any more.   And I've seen young girls sobbing in the toilets because of sexual harrassment, and I've dealt with it on their behalf.   And I've seen women who are good looking and gone far dismissed as being in those positions because 'they slept their way to the top'.   Every woman who does not stand up and say that this is not funny, it's unacceptable, is enabling sexual harrassment and enabling other women to be demeaned and they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

I'm glad to see it's not just me that thinks that meme is in poor taste. There's laughing at humour and then there's seeing shit like this for what it is. I don't think it's funny at all. I think it's crass and posted once again as yet another moronic provocation.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:27 pm

I don't think my finding that slightly amusing (it was never gonna make me laugh out loud) is hardly damaging to women's rights. Am I right?
If there was a cause emailed to me to support women's roles and promotion in the workplace I'd surely and happily sign it.

And scrat often refers to me as "crawling around on my knees to so-and-so" to further my advancement on forums. I can't figure that out. Answers on a scented envelope please cos hey, I'm a lady of taste.

People are so weird when you really think about it. It's like they forget what they've once said when they get huffily-puffily, over-excited and stuff.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:00 pm

eddie wrote:I don't think my finding that slightly amusing (it was never gonna make me laugh out loud) is hardly damaging to women's rights. Am I right?
If there was a cause emailed to me to support women's roles and promotion in the workplace I'd surely and happily sign it.

And scrat often refers to me as "crawling around on my knees to so-and-so" to further my advancement on forums. I can't figure that out. Answers on a scented envelope please cos hey, I'm a lady of taste.

People are so weird when you really think about it. It's like they forget what they've once said when they get huffily-puffily, over-excited and stuff.

Crawling about on your knees is not sexual, can be used to either sex, means kowtowing, being obsequious.    That is not what the OP was referring to.   And it's no good supporting a cause for women's rights if you put those rights back by not calling out things like the OP..   That's my view, and I spent a long time fighting for women's rights.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Yet he still said it.
Making fun of a woman by saying she'd crawl on her knees, and yes, it was often referred to sexually...and yet, you don't mind.

I may say some questionable things at times, but at least I own what I say.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:09 pm

eddie wrote:Yet he still said it.
Making fun of a woman by saying she'd crawl on her knees, and yes, it was often referred to sexually...and yet, you don't mind.

I may say some questionable things at times, but at least I own what I say.

If he meant it in a sexual manner, and was not saying you were being obsequious, then I completely agree he was wrong for saying it.   However, case in point, Irn refers to cap-doffers which means the same thing, they crawl to the rich and powerful.

That being said, I don't find the OP in the least bit funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:11 pm

Major wrote:You appear to be a expert on so many different thingz Sassy, unbelievable experience really, keep it up.
Well Sassy is a woman that fights for some decency in this life, exposes the hypocrisy, clarifies the hype.

Problem for you Major is the fact that no matter how much you've been brainwashed to believe and I know many of us were brainwashed to believe, it just doesn't ring true, either you can't grasp that fact or you don't want to grasp that fact.

The England in your dreams never existed in reality, it is a figment of you so called "betters" imagination, and you just want to believe in it, because you've been taught to fear kindness.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:14 pm

Why thank you Scrat.   I've certainly spent many years trying my damnedest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:56 pm

Major wrote:
scrat wrote:
Well Sassy is a woman that fights for some decency in this life, exposes the hypocrisy, clarifies the hype.

Problem for you Major is the fact that no matter how much you've been brainwashed to believe and I know many of us were brainwashed to believe, it just doesn't ring true, either you can't grasp that fact or you don't want to grasp that fact.

The England in your dreams never existed in reality, it is a figment of you so called "betters" imagination, and you just want to believe in it, because you've been taught to fear kindness.

DECENCY, Sassy, that is a laff, just read her filthy mouth for a start. afro

Why Major, I don't think that any man who thinks the OP is funny is in any position to judge.   The picture in the OP is like a mouthful of the worst swearing ever, just in picture form.   But then, you aren't intelligent enough to realise that.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:32 am

Is this funny?

How To Get Promoted - Page 2 Img_5425
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:03 am

Absolutely not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:26 pm

Why would either rape or murder be funny.
I don't get it anyway....is the poster saying rape is a minor crime in comparison to murder?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Then I expect the same outrage on this thread, that I see here.
(Btw I found it quite amusing because I saw the joke)

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t6820p700-the-picture-jokes-thread#357729
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:19 pm

How To Get Promoted - Page 2 Image10
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:04 pm

It simply depends, mostly, who does the offending.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:05 pm

eddie wrote:It simply depends, mostly, who does the offending.

I don't understand that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:13 pm

Major wrote:
Ziz wrote:

I don't understand that.

it is easy to understand.

Oh good, glad you are able to explain - please oblige.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:43 pm

You are a sarcastic little poster aren't you Ziz.?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:44 pm

nicko wrote:You are a sarcastic little poster aren't you Ziz.?

And you suck the oxygen out of a room - we can't all be perfect. How To Get Promoted - Page 2 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:01 pm

eddie wrote:It simply depends, mostly, who does the offending.

Spot on
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Major wrote:I believe most who say they are offended are lying troublemakers trying to get management on their side, Sassy is expert at it.

Not in this instance - in this case being cool about it could be said to be trying to get management on their side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Well, I posted the rape/murder photo. I do think it has something to do with who's saying the joke or posting it, actually. In my case, people in general know I don't really think that's okay, so they receive it better coming from me.

In Major's case, he's a chauvinist, and thus we look at this photo and think of why he thinks it's funny, and we don't like it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:31 pm

sassy wrote:Sometimes I utterly despair at women.   Is it any wonder that we still have problems about equal pay and sexual harrassment in the workplace when women can't see that finding things like the OP funny is what allows it to continue?   The attitude, oh I'm broadminded, I'm gonna laugh because I've got to show what a man's girl I am, is what allows it to keep happening.

And the inference that every woman can deal with it and it's not a problem is bloody ridiculous.   Yes, I've dealt with it myself.   I've also seen women, strong, ambitioous, intelligent women, have their lives destroyed by it and they leave their jobs rather than put up with it any more.   And I've seen young girls sobbing in the toilets because of sexual harrassment, and I've dealt with it on their behalf.   And I've seen women who are good looking and gone far dismissed as being in those positions because 'they slept their way to the top'.   Every woman who does not stand up and say that this is not funny, it's unacceptable, is enabling sexual harrassment and enabling other women to be demeaned and they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

I agree. It's almost as if feminism is too large a cause. Even though horrendous things are going on, and the disenfranchised group is over 50%, they seem not to care. I thought for sure during this election cycle, women's issues would be the big cause. But despite the disparaging things said by Trump about women, here comes the female vote waddling along behind him.

Amazing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Doesn't matter. The point is, Yeah Bae-Bae aka Ben's picture, is actually a lot 'harsher' in terms of humour, he obviously thought it was funny, but not one person will tackle him about it, apart from sassy now...because I've made a point about it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Major wrote:I believe most who say they are offended are lying troublemakers trying to get management on their side, Sassy is expert at it.

I believe that you enjoy baiting people with your controversial posts.
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:44 pm

eddie wrote:Doesn't matter. The point is, Yeah Bae-Bae aka Ben's picture, is actually a lot 'harsher' in terms of humour, he obviously thought it was funny, but not one person will tackle him about it, apart from sassy now...because I've made a point about it.

I thought you had posted that pic.
It does however prove the point that it depends entirely on who does and says what as to what sort of reaction they will get.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:52 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:Doesn't matter. The point is, Yeah Bae-Bae aka Ben's picture, is actually a lot 'harsher' in terms of humour, he obviously thought it was funny, but not one person will tackle him about it, apart from sassy now...because I've made a point about it.

It does however prove the point that it depends entirely on who does and says what as to what sort of reaction they will get.

I have been saying that for exactly one hundred years.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:02 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I have been saying that for exactly one hundred years.

Well that's forums for you. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:56 am

Syl wrote:

Actually, when you think about it, it doesn't.   When Ben posted it he did so on the picture jokes thread.   A lot of people might not even have seen it, pretty sure I didn't.   All it proves is that when people noticed it, they didn't like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:03 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

Actually, when you think about it, it doesn't.   When Ben posted it he did so on the picture jokes thread.   A lot of people might not even have seen it, pretty sure I didn't.   All it proves is that when people noticed it, they didn't like it.

Oh yes it does!
Firstly, both pictures were posted within the "Recreation" section so both were considered light-hearted threads or "jokes"
Secondly, the picture is here, now, and still no comments.
Thirdly, what you just said was entirely typically evasive, and, completely confirmed what most of us knew: it's rarely about the post and always about the poster with some of you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:06 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:

Oh yes it does!
Firstly, both pictures were posted within the "Recreation" section so both were considered light-hearted threads or "jokes"
Secondly, the picture is here, now, and still no comments.
Thirdly, what you just said was entirely typically evasive, and, completely confirmed what most of us knew: it's rarely about the post and always about the poster with some of you.

Eddie dear, utter tripe, so it was in the recreation section.   So what?   Who said anyone looked at it there?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:08 pm

But I'm drawing your attention, and scrat's, to it now?!

Honestly sassy stop pretending you're not getting the point here!

How about this?

Posted by Ben yesterday:

How To Get Promoted - Page 2 Img_5510
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:12 pm

come off it ...we all know certain posters crawl through every post, like mary whitehouse on a mission. soley in order to find something...ANYTHING in order to have a pesonal attack at other posters they dont like...and even when they find nothing, in order to satify their common lust for abuse they invent something
Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:14 pm

eddie wrote:But I'm drawing your attention, and scrat's, to it now?!

Honestly sassy stop pretending you're not getting the point here!

How about this?

Posted by Ben yesterday:

How To Get Promoted - Page 2 Img_5510

Guess what?   I hadn't seen it.   Was it also on the picture jokes thread.   And the fact Ben posted it would not have made me like it either.   Fuck bitches is not something that hits my humour button.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Lord Foul wrote:come off it ...we all know certain posters crawl through every post, like mary whitehouse on a mission. soley in order to find something...ANYTHING  in order to have a pesonal attack at other posters they dont like...and even when they find nothing, in order to satify their common lust for abuse they invent something
Rolling Eyes

It just should be about the post. That's what I think and sadly, that doesn't always happen.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:20 pm

It was about the post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:34 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well if we are talking only about this picture the first time I had seen it was when Eddie posted it in this thread, so I take the point that others may not have seen it before.
In general though I believe it's very obvious that some people may post something controversial and no one bats an eye, if another person were to post the same thing all hell would break loose.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Lord Foul wrote:come off it ...we all know certain posters crawl through every post, like mary whitehouse on a mission. soley in order to find something...ANYTHING  in order to have a pesonal attack at other posters they dont like...and even when they find nothing, in order to satify their common lust for abuse they invent something
Rolling Eyes

Aint that the Truth. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Syl wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Aint that the Truth.  Cool

FH now seems positively normal next to this. How To Get Promoted - Page 2 Icon_titter

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:43 pm

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well if we are talking only about this picture the first time I had seen it was when Eddie posted it in this thread, so I take the point that others may not have seen it before.
In general though I believe it's very obvious that some people may post something controversial and no one bats an eye, if another person were to post the same thing all hell would break loose.

Exactly. It doesnt matter where the picture was first posted - I posted it again and no one batted an eyelid or answered Ben's post on here to tell him what they thought of his humour.....
And that says it all.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:42 pm

Because they didn't see it.   Because believe me, if I had, he would have got a mouthful.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:32 pm

sassy wrote:Because they didn't see it.   Because believe me, if I had, he would have got a mouthful.

But you've seen it now Laughing
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:37 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:Because they didn't see it.   Because believe me, if I had, he would have got a mouthful.

But you've seen it now Laughing

Yep, and said it was disgraceful whoever posted in and not in the least bit funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:01 pm

That's "a mouthful"?

Forget it now. I think the point has been made.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:07 pm

eddie wrote:That's "a mouthful"?

Forget it now. I think the point has been made.

Sorry Edds, but now you are just being silly, my post was to you, not to Ben and I'm certainly not spending time going back to find Ben's post, that ship has already sailed not you have posted it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next