NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Get Promoted

+8
Miffs2
scrat
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
nicko
Syl
eddie
Major
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

How To Get Promoted - Page 3 Empty Re: How To Get Promoted

Post by Syl Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

Aint that the Truth.  Cool

FH now seems positively normal next to this. How To Get Promoted - Page 3 Icon_titter

It was once....but then there was always Micky to balance things out. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:10 pm

So Ben, if you are reading, the picture that Eds reposted, that you seem to think was JOKE, wasn't.   It was demeaning to women, trying to make out that being raped was less of a problem than being murdered and you can carry on and live your life providing you are not actually killed, no matter what filth someone does to you.   So next time, think before you post.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Bravo.
Let's see if scrat has the same principles as you.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Going to have to mark that one a no score draw.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:26 pm

sassy wrote:So Ben, if you are reading, the picture that Eds reposted, that you seem to think was JOKE, wasn't.   It was demeaning to women, trying to make out that being raped was less of a problem than being murdered and you can carry on and live your life providing you are not actually killed, no matter what filth someone does to you.   So next time, think before you post.

I disagree. I agree that it's sick and twisted, but there are all different kids of humor, and tastes vary.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:27 pm

Yeah, Bae-Bae wrote:
sassy wrote:So Ben, if you are reading, the picture that Eds reposted, that you seem to think was JOKE, wasn't.   It was demeaning to women, trying to make out that being raped was less of a problem than being murdered and you can carry on and live your life providing you are not actually killed, no matter what filth someone does to you.   So next time, think before you post.

I disagree. I agree that it's sick and twisted, but there are all different kids of humor, and tastes vary.

Please tell me what the humour is, because I've racked by brains and I can't see a single reason why that would be classed as humour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:30 pm

sassy wrote:
Yeah, Bae-Bae wrote:

Please tell me what the humour is, because I've racked by brains and I can't see a single reason why that would be classed as humour.

It's the guy's creepy face, for fuck's sake -- it looks like something he'd say.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Bae the Cray wrote:
sassy wrote:

It's the guy's creepy face, for fuck's sake -- it looks like something he'd say.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, and that's humour?   Sorry Bae the Cray (whatever that is lol), misses me by a mile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:34 pm

sassy wrote:
Bae the Cray wrote:
sassy wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, and that's humour?   Sorry Bae the Cray (whatever that is lol), misses me by a mile.

It's like when you say someone has "rapey eyes." You're not saying rape is funny, you're saying the person looks creepy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:39 pm

Some people just have different a sense of humour to others - it doesn't make someone "bad" for laughing at something that's considered taboo.

I actually really found the rape one and the pot noodle one, pretty funny, can't say why, but I did.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Bae the Cray wrote:
sassy wrote:

It's like when you say someone has "rapey eyes." You're not saying rape is funny, you're saying the person looks creepy.

Must be a generation or an 'across the pond' thing.  Never heard of 'rapey eyes'.   Creepy, weird, 'off', scarey, wouldn't trust him on a dark night' etc.   And even then the humour of the picture goes way over my head.   But you obviously see it so we'll agree to differ.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:32 am

Bae the Cray? Why not stick to Ben?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:51 am

eddie wrote:Some people just have different a sense of humour to others - it doesn't make someone "bad" for laughing at something that's considered taboo.

I actually really found the rape one and the pot noodle one, pretty funny, can't say why, but I did.

The rape one is dark, but it's still funny because it's so near the edge. Undertaker humour if you will. Some people have no sense of humour and some people live to be outraged. Let 'em, who cares?!

Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:13 pm

nicko wrote:Bae the Cray?    Why not stick to Ben?

Cos he's a million different people from one day to the next.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:54 pm

I didn't find the rape one funny, tbh I didn't quite understand what it meant, and I asked but no one explained.

My bugbear on forums is if someone else finds something funny and you find it distasteful, why do some expect EVERYONE to banish to hell the person who posted or said the thing they objected too?
Others may not agree and everyone is entitled to say so, but the faux outrage, the gathering up of everyone to support them in their condemnation....is pretty pathetic imo.

You either have a forum where free speech is tolerated or you don't....there are forums to suit everyones taste out there.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Syl wrote:I didn't find the rape one funny, tbh I didn't quite understand what it meant, and I asked but no one explained.

My bugbear on forums is if someone else finds something funny and you find it distasteful, why do some expect EVERYONE to banish to hell the person who posted or said the thing they objected too?
Others may not agree and everyone is entitled to say so, but the faux outrage, the gathering up of everyone to support them in their condemnation....is pretty pathetic imo.

You either have a forum where free speech is tolerated or you don't....there are forums to suit everyones taste out there.

Well said Syl. In regards to Ben's posts - I share the same dark/odd humour so I found the picture jokes funny, likewise the two he posted yesterday.
I suppose that's all there is to it; you either get someone's humour, or you don't.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:30 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:I didn't find the rape one funny, tbh I didn't quite understand what it meant, and I asked but no one explained.

Well said Syl. In regards to Ben's posts - I share the same dark/odd humour so I found the picture jokes funny, likewise the two he posted yesterday.
I suppose that's all there is to it; you either get someone's humour, or you don't.

Thanks Eddie.

I don't know if anyone ever saw the old style comedians like Bernard Manning or Chubby Brown.
I had no choice because I worked in a club once where comedians of every genre performed....personally I found some of them vile. However the audiences, men and women obviously didn't agree....they loved them.

Proof that like you say....you either like it or you don't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:37 pm

How To Get Promoted - Page 3 Mohammedcartoon1.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Ziz wrote:How To Get Promoted - Page 3 Mohammedcartoon1.0

Actually that would be a good illustration of some forumers. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:How To Get Promoted - Page 3 Mohammedcartoon1.0

Or a lesson for some forumers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:11 pm

Beautifully put. I gave you a snotty green stripe.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:25 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

Or a lesson for some forumers.

Quite right.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:30 pm

Miffs2 wrote:

Beautifully put. I gave you a snotty green stripe.

Thanks Miffs...snot an all. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Cool Cool Cool Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

How To Get Promoted - Page 3 UGxzsqH
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3