NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a thought about being helpful

+4
Syl
Andy
JulesV
eddie
8 posters

Go down

Just a thought about being helpful  Empty Just a thought about being helpful

Post by eddie Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:33 pm

As we are a forum of different countries, I feel it would be polite and helpful to one another, our fellow posters, to post links to the original stories if the topic is an ongoing news item.

An example of which can be shown here: http://www.newsfixboard.com/t18619-ian-huntley-s-daughter-discovered-her-father-s-identity-after-being-told-to-research-the-murderer-for-a-school-project

An old news story, with a current update/topic, but a link at the bottom to the original story.

It's not a rule, more a polite request.

Many thanks.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Just a thought about being helpful  Empty Re: Just a thought about being helpful

Post by JulesV Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:59 pm

eddie wrote:As we are a forum of different countries, I feel it would be polite and helpful to one another, our fellow posters, to post links to the original stories if the topic is an ongoing news item.

An example of which can be shown here: http://www.newsfixboard.com/t18619-ian-huntley-s-daughter-discovered-her-father-s-identity-after-being-told-to-research-the-murderer-for-a-school-project

An old news story, with a current update/topic, but a link at the bottom to the original story.

It's not a rule, more a polite request.

Many thanks.

Sounds fair!
Also perhaps people could take more care when writing titles?  - I see poor Rory Bremner is being branded an alleged stalker in one of the threads. He ain't. Cool The photo is a clue.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Just a thought about being helpful  Empty Re: Just a thought about being helpful

Post by eddie Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:55 pm

If you see a thread title that you feel is not appropriate then please let me know Jules. Thank you for your input as always.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Hahahah sounded like a recorded message - you know what I mean!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:19 pm

eddie wrote:If you see a thread title that you feel is not appropriate then please let me know Jules. Thank you for your input as always.

Oh don't worry, the moment has passed.

My post was actually meant to be a joke, the title error was probaly due to someone having a senior moment.
I have never alerted a thread title on here, eds, I have better things to do.  santa

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Jules wrote:
eddie wrote:If you see a thread title that you feel is not appropriate then please let me know Jules. Thank you for your input as always.

My post was actually meant to be a joke, the title error was probaly due to someone having a senior moment.
I have never alerted a thread title on here, eds, I have better things to do.  santa

Dressing up as Santa? Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:59 pm

There's a thought!
Santa onesies are on sale in several shops atm ... rendeer geek

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Jules wrote:There's a thought!
Santa onesies are on sale in several shops atm ... rendeer geek

Onesies - a truly weird invention. How do you pee without taking it all the way off? I couldn't be arsed. I've never had one.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:11 pm

Not the most practical things, that's for sure.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Jules wrote:

Never sure about Santa.
Really odd bloke.
Loves kids on his knee.
Only comes once a year and empties his sacks all night.
And only comes down a chimney.
Gotta feel kinda sorry for Mrs Claus.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:24 pm

I see Santa in a whole new light after watching the Alzheimers research UK  video. Sad

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
eddie wrote:

Never sure about Santa.
Really odd bloke.
Loves kids on his knee.
Only comes once a year and empties his sacks all night.
And only comes down a chimney.
Gotta feel kinda sorry for Mrs Claus.

And I suspect he sucks Werther's Originals - reason enough to be suspicious. Just a thought about being helpful  Gasp

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:31 pm

I cried.  So many are affected by this horrible disease, its so sad.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:33 pm

magica wrote:I cried.  So many are affected by this horrible disease, its so sad.

I did too Mags....it was so real.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:03 pm

Eddie how's your gait these days?

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:05 pm

Jules wrote:Eddie how's your gait these days?

Eh?? scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:17 pm

eddie wrote:

Eh?? scratch

Haha. I thought that would flummox ya. Laughing
Well a man said I was up your ass. Surely if you've got me up there you cannot walk properly.

It was  the most ridiculous comment I have heard all year. I am NOT up anyone ass. Not in a million years. As if!!

You speak to me in a civil way and I reply back in a civil way, that's all. I have never flattered or praised you and at least I don't call you "Miss Eddie", which imo would be an extremely sycophantic.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Jules wrote:
eddie wrote:

Eh?? scratch

Well a man said I was up your ass. Surely if you've got me up there you cannot walk properly.

It was  the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard all year. I am NOT up anyone ass. Not in a million years. As if!!

You speak to me in a civil way and I reply back in a civil way, that's all. I have never flattered or praised you and at least I don't call you "Miss Eddie", which imo would be an extremely sycophantic.

Jules I never judge anyone on someone else's opinion. You're a great poster and I'm happy to have you here and post alongside you.
Posters often say someone has their "head up so-and-so's arse". I treat remarks like that as childish and pathetic.

And by the way? There's absolutely nothing wrong with praising someone - as humans, I don't think think we do this enough.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:30 pm

eddie wrote:

And by the way? There's absolutely nothing wrong with praising someone - as humans, I don't think think we do this enough.
Correct.  But the point I'm making is that I've never even praised you or flattered you or anything. So where does the idiotic comment that I'm up your ass come from??

All I ever do is reply to you in a civil way cos you always speak to me in a civil way. It takes a huge sense of mischief and unnecessary stirring, to translate simple civility to "being up someones' ass".

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Oh and one final thing, whilst I'm here. The same man also said that I go creeping in PM's to complain.  BOLLOCkS!!

I openly mentioned on this forum a while ago that IF  I ever felt harassed or targeted on here,  I would complain in a PM. Having  OPENLY  said that I would complain - there is no secrecy whatsoever. It's only creepy IF it's done secretly.

Well I'm glad I cleared that up. Maybe people should just stop making totally random provocative statements especially ridiculous statements that have zero logic.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Just ignore the rants. I've heard it all a million times before and I take no notice of those kind of posts, they're absolute fuckeries.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:46 pm

Jules wrote:
eddie wrote:

Eh?? scratch

It was  the most ridiculous comment I have heard all year. I am NOT up anyone ass. Not in a million years. As if!!

lol!
I have called Miss Eddie Miss Eddie once or twice....as a JOKE.
Not sure why that would be thought of a sycophantic though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

lol!

Well I haven't. Got it?
I don't go round calling people "miss ragga" or "miss eddie".

I couldn't care less whether people are called miss or not, it's just that I feel that surely a man who sycophantically calls people "miss" has no right saying other people are up someone's ass.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:04 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!

Well I haven't. Got it?
I don't go round calling people "miss ragga" or  "miss eddie".

I couldn't care less whether people are called  miss or not, it's just that I feel that surely a man who sycophantically calls people "miss"  has no right saying  other people are up someone's ass.

Yes I have 'Got it'.
And when I judge you to be the sort of honest upfront poster that could possibly influence my way of posting I may concur....till then tongue
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

Well I haven't. Got it?

I couldn't care less whether people are called  miss or not, it's just that I feel that surely a man who sycophantically calls people "miss"  has no right saying  other people are up someone's ass.

Yes I have 'Got it'.
And when I judge you to be the sort of honest upfront poster that could possibly influence my way of posting I may concur....till then tongue

Perhaps you should have simply kept your beak out. You had no need to come running to his defence, but I knew you would.  I've even seen a man asking you if you thought you were his mother.

You watch him saying all manner of atrocious things without ever correcting him, yet as soon as people react to him, you're in like a dart.  

And all the things you like to accuse people of, look closer to home cos your own mates are a million times worse.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:29 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes I have 'Got it'.

Perhaps you should have simply kept your beak out. You had no need to come running to his defence, but I knew you would.  I've even seen a man asking you if you thought you were his mother.

You watch him saying all manner of atrocious things without ever correcting him, yet as soon as people react to him, you're in like a dart.  

And all the things you like to accuse people of, look closer to home cos your own mates are a million times worse.

I was not running to defend anyone? You said it was sycophantic to call Eddie "Miss Eddie"...I said I have in the past as a joke.
I had no idea who you were referring too(obviously I do now) because you sometimes talk in bloody riddles.

Sad that you have brought your long droning dislike about a poster onto this forum, hiding your true identity.
You joined here claiming you were new to all the posters...even singling me out in a couple of posts as someone you didn't know, odd because we have posted together for years previously.

I don't like sneaks, so dont dare look down your nose at me when you have acted in such an underhand way.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Syl wrote:
I don't like sneaks,

You really need to explain why anyone would give a FF what you like, or don't like. Cos I'm effed if I know.
None of what I do is remotely your business.
I have every right to join here under whatever damn name I like. Most people join under a different name of their choice. Nothing to do with you.
And  I said I knew one or two people  here, when I joined.  I did not say I knew no one. Not that it's any of you r damn business.

My post was purely a REACTION to what the guy said.  If he hadn't made the utterly ridiculous statement that  I was creeping up eddie's ass I would not have said anything back to him. You had no need to get involved.

You cannot have it both ways. If you don't want anyone saying anything negative to your right wing sweetheart, keep him under control. Simple.  Correct him when he says indefensible things, instead of joining in the tag teaming like a silly little schoolgirl.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Thanks for the green whoever gave it /\.

I dont want to be drawn into someones ongoing battle with another poster, especially when it started elsewhere and I distanced myself from it a long time ago.

My initial post here was because I have used the term that she said was "sycophantic"...I was answering on behalf of myself no one else....hope that's clear.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:
I don't like sneaks,

You really need to explain why anyone would give a FF what you like, or don't like. Cos I'm effed if I know.
I have every right to join here under whatever damn name I like. Most people join under a different name of their choice. Nothing to do with you.
And  I said I knew one or two people  here, when I joined.  I did not say I knew no one. Not that it's any of you r damn business.

My post was purely a REACTION to what the guy said.  If he hadn't made the utterly ridiculous statement that  I was creeping up eddie's ass I would not have said anything back to him. You had no need to get involved.

You cannot have it both ways. If you don't want anyone saying anything negative to your right wing sweetheart, keep him under control. Simple.  Correct him when he says indefensible things, instead of joining in the tag teaming like a silly little schoolgirl.

Read my post above...and now do one. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:46 pm

I gave you the green because I felt you deserved it. You only came to defend yourself.

Having said that ladies, it really isn't worth the headache involved, to fall out over this.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:47 pm

eddie wrote:I gave you the green because I felt you deserved it. You only came to defend yourself.

Having said that ladies, it really isn't worth the headache involved, to fall out over this.

Thanks Miss Eddie. lol!
As far as I'm concerned it's over and done with.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

Read my post above...and now do one. Rolling Eyes

I never go near him, I never speak to him on here, except on very rare occasions when I want to point out the extreme irony of some of his posts.

If it had been you who had been told you were up someones's ass you'd have had plenty to say so I've no idea why you expect not to defend myself.  What's wrong with you?
Let him fight his own battles you are not his mother.
You're the one who came running to interfere, YOU do one.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Syl wrote:Thanks for the green whoever gave it /\.

I dont want to be drawn into someones ongoing battle with another poster, especially when it started elsewhere and I distanced myself from it a long time ago.

My initial post here was because I have used the term that she said was "sycophantic"...I was answering on behalf of myself no one else....hope that's clear.

A likely story! Rolling Eyes I have never heard you call anyone "Miss" and I would not care if you did. Why would I? None of this had anything to do with you. You were just looking for a way to stick your beak in.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!

Well I haven't. Got it?

I call Eddie smelly bum, make if that what you will.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:15 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Jules wrote:

Well I haven't. Got it?

A term of endearment of course. Durr.
Mums call their babies that when they have a nappy explosion and stink out the room.
Well I sometimes called my little one that. He was worst during the weaning stage.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Jules wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:
Jules wrote:

Well I haven't. Got it?

Mums call their babies that when they have a nappy explosion and stink out the room.
Well I sometimes called my little one that. He was worst during the weaning stage.

I have never had a smelly bum when miffs has changed my nappy!! Embarassed
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:31 pm

Jules wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

A term of endearment, good description, so much more acceptable than rudeness I'm sure you will agree.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:54 pm

eddie wrote:
Jules wrote:

I have never had a smelly bum when miffs has  changed my nappy!! Embarassed
Bull CRAP! Produce witnesses, lady  - or it ain't true!  Just a thought about being helpful  3201073460

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:11 pm

I cannot show my bottom on here! Some people are very senstive.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:06 pm

Now we know who nabbed nicko's lost cat.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down