NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This isn't helpful

4 posters

Go down

This isn't helpful  Empty This isn't helpful

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:07 pm

They are frontline workers with top-priority access to the COVID-19 vaccine, but they are refusing to take it.

At St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Tehama County, fewer than half of the 700 hospital workers eligible for the vaccine were willing to take the shot when it was first offered. At Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, one in five frontline nurses and doctors have declined the shot. Roughly 20% to 40% of L.A. County’s frontline workers who were offered the vaccine did the same, according to county public health officials.

So many frontline workers in Riverside County have refused the vaccine — an estimated 50% — that hospital and public officials met to strategize how best to distribute the unused doses, Public Health Director Kim Saruwatari said.

The vaccine doubts swirling among healthcare workers across the country come as a surprise to researchers, who assumed hospital staff would be among those most in tune with the scientific data backing the vaccines.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-31/healthcare-workers-refuse-covid-19-vaccine-access?fbclid=IwAR1ftRX35UYV6Jb0hutgxOi63wyJU_ajA-FuveHWgVelMAulkno2DRimRCU

For the record, every healthcare worker that I know has already taken round one and plans on taking round two.

But I don't live in the land of fruits and nuts either.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

This isn't helpful  Empty Re: This isn't helpful

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:58 am

I doubt they are refusing to be vaccinated because they know more then the general public do, they possibly are just as paranoid about a new vaccine and want to wait and see how others react.

I dont blame pregnant women, but every other adult should be glad of the chance to be immunised.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:05 am

Syl wrote:I doubt they are refusing to be vaccinated because they know more then the general public do, they possibly are just as paranoid about a new vaccine and want to wait and see how others react.

I dont blame pregnant women, but every other adult should be glad of the chance to be immunised.

Yeah, my daughter's are not going to get vaccinated. That's based on their doctors recommendations.

But there are a lot of folks in Cali who won't get it, while people are basically dying in the streets as we talk.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:10 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:I doubt they are refusing to be vaccinated because they know more then the general public do, they possibly are just as paranoid about a new vaccine and want to wait and see how others react.

Yeah, my daughter's are not going to get vaccinated. That's based on their doctors recommendations.

But there are a lot of folks in Cali who won't get it, while people are basically dying in the streets as we talk.  
Here, the government are advising pregnant women not to be vaccinated. There is no data as yet  that it could harm an unborn baby, and some women were unknowingly pregnant when they took part in the vaccination trials without any known ill effects, but it's early days and  better safe than sorry.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:12 am

They have all most likely already had the real virus... so no need for them to have this chemical based vaccine...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:13 am

Maybe....there will come a time, if this virus is still spreading in the months to come, people who refuse the vaccination with no good reason, will have to forego some liberties.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:15 am

In months to come... virtually everyone will have had the real virus already...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:17 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

They have all most likely already had the real virus... so no need for them to have this chemical based vaccine...

There aren't that many people with antibodies running around. Even the nurse i know that has already had it is getting the vaccine because no one knows how long they last.

But I can see people who have the antibodies skipping it for awhile, but that wasn't mentioned in the article.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:42 am

A large percentage of people who've had the virus don't have any antibodies because their bodies T cells did the job of fighting off the virus.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:03 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

A large percentage of people who've had the virus don't have any antibodies because their bodies T cells did the job of fighting off the virus.

It does make sense that people who have already had the virus shouldn't be first in line to get the vaccine, but the advice is they should get it when it becomes available to them to top up any immunity they may already have.

Apparently it can also depend on whether you had a mild dose of the virus of a very severe dose....both can limit your defence to it in future.

On the live update yesterday it was estimated that at present, with this new UK variant of the virus, it's estimated that I in 50 people in England may presently have the virus.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:33 pm

1. The only UK people who should ba having any of these covid vaccines are those in the high risk (of dying from it) groups, and then only if they choose to do so (just like what happens with the flu jab here in UK every year)... The rest of what you said there was waffle...

2. Waffle

3. Do the maths... at least half the UK population has already had it by now...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:50 pm

Waffle because all the experts don't agree with your opinion. Razz

By the way Tommy...the link you posted of the lady who was questioning how her OH died, she also actually wrote.....

"It is good news that Public Health England has approved serology tests to determine whether people have recovered from Covid-19 infections. It is unfortunate that muddled messaging may encourage those who test positive to think this means they no longer need to protect themselves or others against spreading the disease."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:06 pm

So what...!?

It was only her account of what happened to her husband that was of interest... And that doesn't qualify her as an expert to be giving any sort of medical advice...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:33 pm

Exactly....but it was you who posted up her link outlining why she thought (but didn't know) her OH died of Covid. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:06 pm

That's not giving medical advice...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Then they no longer are immune.

The antibodies provide the defense.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:57 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Here, the government are advising pregnant women not to be vaccinated. There is no data as yet  that it could harm an unborn baby, and some women were unknowingly pregnant when they took part in the vaccination trials without any known ill effects, but it's early days and  better safe than sorry.

Forgoing the testing on pregnant women is one of the ways that the Pharmas involved were able to speed up production & delivery of the vaccine. I think the 'wait-and-see' approach is valid in that and other like cases.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Forgoing the testing on pregnant women is one of the ways that the Pharmas involved were able to speed up production & delivery of the vaccine.  I think the 'wait-and-see' approach is valid in that and other like cases.

Wait!!!!

You said something sane. Now I'm forced to agree with you.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:02 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Forgoing the testing on pregnant women is one of the ways that the Pharmas involved were able to speed up production & delivery of the vaccine.  I think the 'wait-and-see' approach is valid in that and other like cases.

Wait!!!!

You said something sane.  Now I'm forced to agree with you.  

That's what you get for following the point, instead of focusing on the poster. Laughing Keep it up.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Wait!!!!

That's what you get for following the point, instead of focusing on the poster.  Laughing  Keep it up.

I always do that. I just can't leave nonsensical posts alone. They are my kryptonite.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Wait!!!!

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:23 pm

Maddog wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Then they no longer are immune.

The antibodies provide the defense.

T cells are the fundamentals of defensive immune response...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down