NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death row...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Death row... - Page 2 Empty Death row...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:15 am

First topic message reminder :

As our host Ben is a Texan, do you often hear of the next inmate to get put to death? Perhaps you have seen protestors on the streets who are against the death penalty?
Some believe in death sentences and some don't , what's your take Ben?..more so as you live in one of the states who do carry out the death penalty.

Back to top Go down

Death row... - Page 2 Empty Re: Death row...

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:22 am

Shady wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

..ah thanks Andy :)that's great to hear and I share your thoughts, Christmas Eve must be the only night of the year where the bairns want to go to bed eh?!!, we had a good one too mate.

Yeah, been enjoying it Too,

Regards, JD

Did you inject heroin while the bairns were in bed & did you take the moral high ground with someone behind their back knowing that couldn't get back at you?

lol eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:27 am

Whatever makes him happy Andy, ridiculous accusations a d insults, not a worthy debater whatsoever Andy, and to think I used to give him the time of the day, still if that's what gives him a thril.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:07 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Hi Phil, JD...

Ole' softy is only as important as the rise he gets.  Ignore him.

@FTL: I have other problems with the death penalty.  How do you know you are hurting him?  In fact, how do you know what you are doing to yourself?  If you remove him as a living, breathing being, do you feel better?  You've just removed from yourself the object of your hatred.  Edward I thought he solved this by drawing and quartering his victims first, to make sure it was pain and death.  But I have this feeling that death is a form of release.  Perhaps, when you kill 'em, you are doing them a favor.

You may be right Quill, I've posted a lot in the past about this.  There is a very fine line between justice and revenge  Twisted Evil 

While I understand the meaning of revenge, justice is one of those amorphous terms that can mean anything.

Another slippery term is closure. Closure is what you do to a file, when a case is closed. But someone decided to invent a psychological term. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean anything.

I'm convinced that terms like justice and closure are simply antiseptic terms for revenge. People simply don't like to admit they have motives of revenge, so they use a whitewashed term.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:39 pm

I have yet to hear a cogent argument from anyone in support of the death penalty. it is wrong on so many levels.

lets see

do we have a fool proof and absolutely 100% sure way of proving guilt in the majority of cases umm...no
do we have a faultless justice system, incoruptible and free from political taint....umm...no
do we have a reliable and utterly honest/trustworthy police force (the primary evidence gatherers) ummm...no
do the number of 100% provable cases (like the one mentioned above) justify the serious possibility of a mistake being made...ummm....no

better 10 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man be executed.

Moreover, this isnt 1900, with a totally cowed populace, nor are the majority of folks stupid....

IF one of mine was to be executed but in fact innocent, I'm rather afraid that, even at the risk of MY demise, our capital would hear the biggest bang since whenever.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Committing homicide as a punishment for committing homicide?
Makes perfect sense!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2