NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Harry Potter” themed death group...Russian girls plunge to death

+2
Ben Reilly
eddie
6 posters

Go down

“Harry Potter” themed death group...Russian girls plunge to death  Empty “Harry Potter” themed death group...Russian girls plunge to death

Post by eddie Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:29 pm

Child model and pal, both 12, die falling from tower block after being ‘brainwashed by Harry Potter-themed death group’

A CHILD model and her pal have died after falling from a tower block amid reports they were part of a Harry Potter-themed online “death group”.
Varvara Vlasova and Valeria Shirshova, both aged 12, made a short video clip before plunging from the top of a 17-floor building in Samara, in south west Russia.
They were seen smiling before one of them said “nightmare” to the camera and then started to laugh, reports say.

The girls were classmates from “wealthy” families and were described as “excellent students” and had attended school before falling to their deaths.

They reportedly fell 170ft from the residential block where Varvara - a successful child model - lived.

Life media citing police sources reported that the girls were in a social media group which “set them tasks”.

Their parents had believed this group to be “associated with Harry Potter” and to be “harmless”.

Police are actively checking their viewing habits, reports say.

Russia in recent years has suffered a spate of child “suicides” in which deaths have been linked to sinister online groups pushing vulnerable young people to take their own lives.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14004181/child-model-friend-suicide-tower-block-russia/
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

“Harry Potter” themed death group...Russian girls plunge to death  Empty Re: “Harry Potter” themed death group...Russian girls plunge to death

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:32 pm

So sad, and so scary. It's just horrible that anyone would manipulate young minds like this.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

“Harry Potter” themed death group...Russian girls plunge to death  Empty Re: “Harry Potter” themed death group...Russian girls plunge to death

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Maybe I was lucky to grow up in a different time. I don't get this kind of stuff. I'm trying to think back to that time in my life. I did dangerous stuff, but I never had any desire to end it all. Don't know if that's just me or my environment.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Maddog wrote:Maybe I was lucky to grow up in a different time. I don't get this kind of stuff. I'm trying to think back to that time in my life. I did dangerous stuff, but I never had any desire to end it all. Don't know if that's just me or my environment.  

I think social media certainly plays a massive part in these types of suicides.

At just twelve years old, these girls had no idea that death really meant, death. Terribly sad.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:40 pm

It's all about drinking Kool-aid.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:It's all about drinking Kool-aid.

Brainwashing at it’s best.
eddie
eddie

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:40 pm

I really hope the Russian media, as restricted as they are, stays on this story. I'd love to know more about what drove these kids to this.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:47 pm

eddie wrote:Child model and pal, both 12, die falling from tower block after being ‘brainwashed by Harry Potter-themed death group’

A CHILD model and her pal have died after falling from a tower block amid reports they were part of a Harry Potter-themed online “death group”.
Varvara Vlasova and Valeria Shirshova, both aged 12, made a short video clip before plunging from the top of a 17-floor building in Samara, in south west Russia.
They were seen smiling before one of them said “nightmare” to the camera and then started to laugh, reports say.

The girls were classmates from “wealthy” families and were described as “excellent students” and had attended school before falling to their deaths.

They reportedly fell 170ft from the residential block where Varvara - a successful child model - lived.

Life media citing police sources reported that the girls were in a social media group which “set them tasks”.

Their parents had believed this group to be “associated with Harry Potter” and to be “harmless”.

Russia in recent years has suffered a spate of child “suicides” in which deaths have been linked to sinister online groups pushing vulnerable young people to take their own lives.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14004181/child-model-friend-suicide-tower-block-russia/

I personally believe a person should be 18 or over to use social media. It's a double edged sword and I think is one of the major causes of this child mental health crisis that's going on right now.

We were all playing out when we were kids. Or if we couldn't play out we made our own entertainment. I have a nephew of 12 who's glued to his fucking computer games for hours at a time in a darkened room. He's putting on weight and doesn't want to come out of his bedroom. I'd be cutting the plug off the thing and make him read a bloody book.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly and eddie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:47 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I really hope the Russian media, as restricted as they are, stays on this story. I'd love to know more about what drove these kids to this.

In about 2017 there was a spate of suicides in Russia called “Blue Whale”...same sort of thing.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:51 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Child model and pal, both 12, die falling from tower block after being ‘brainwashed by Harry Potter-themed death group’

I personally believe a person should be 18 or over to use social media.   It's a double edged sword and I think is one of the major causes of this child mental health crisis that's going on right now.

We were all playing out when we were kids.  Or if we couldn't play out we made our own entertainment.  I have a nephew of 12 who's glued to his fucking computer games for hours at  a time in a darkened room.  He's putting on weight and doesn't want to come out of his bedroom.   I'd be cutting the plug off the thing and make him read a bloody book.

A friend of mine and eddie's has a son who's about 12 or 13 and she says he's going nuts out of school, because normally he'd be hanging out with friends and he's too old to be playing in his bedroom with toys. So basically he's on his computer all day.

My stepdaughter is 9 and already getting into the online world, and eddie and I make sure she's not online at all times. She loves when we take our neighbour's dog for a walk or even play in a tiny park across the street, hiding a toy from one another. I want her to hold onto that as long as she can. I even ask her about the games she plays on her own with her dolls, because it delights her to tell me about it and I think it makes her more keen to do it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:54 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:Maybe I was lucky to grow up in a different time. I don't get this kind of stuff. I'm trying to think back to that time in my life. I did dangerous stuff, but I never had any desire to end it all. Don't know if that's just me or my environment.  

I think social media certainly plays a massive part in these types of suicides.

At just twelve years old, these girls had no idea that death really meant, death. Terribly sad.

Another problem is that most young kids are led to believe they know it all, can live and think like adults and believe all the shite that's pumped out on reality shows and social media. There's massive peer pressure unlike anything we ever knew as kids. They don't have the thought processes that tell them what they're doing is reckless and life threatening. Which is why they need protecting from themselves instead of being encouraged to do adult things they can't really cope with.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:56 pm

Totally agree Horatio. I keep my daughter as innocent as possible.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:58 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I personally believe a person should be 18 or over to use social media.   It's a double edged sword and I think is one of the major causes of this child mental health crisis that's going on right now.

We were all playing out when we were kids.  Or if we couldn't play out we made our own entertainment.  I have a nephew of 12 who's glued to his fucking computer games for hours at  a time in a darkened room.  He's putting on weight and doesn't want to come out of his bedroom.   I'd be cutting the plug off the thing and make him read a bloody book.

A friend of mine and eddie's has a son who's about 12 or 13 and she says he's going nuts out of school, because normally he'd be hanging out with friends and he's too old to be playing in his bedroom with toys. So basically he's on his computer all day.

My stepdaughter is 9 and already getting into the online world, and eddie and I make sure she's not online at all times. She loves when we take our neighbour's dog for a walk or even play in a tiny park across the street, hiding a toy from one another. I want her to hold onto that as long as she can. I even ask her about the games she plays on her own with her dolls, because it delights her to tell me about it and I think it makes her more keen to do it.

It's hard when a parent is working full time, and both my brother and his wife work full time, albeit at home. Kids got bored years ago. Perhaps it's because children these days are overstimulated from a young age, there's so much now for them to do, see and experience. Lockdown makes it harder, of course.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:06 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It's hard when a parent is working full time, and both my brother and his wife work full time, albeit at home.   Kids got bored years ago.  Perhaps it's because children these days are overstimulated from a young age, there's so much now for them to do, see and experience.  Lockdown makes it harder, of course.

That's true; the fact that I couldn't work for so long was a real blessing in its own way. And there are a lot of people trying to make money off of kids' attention spans.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:06 pm

eddie wrote:Totally agree Horatio. I keep my daughter as innocent as possible.

It breaks my heart when you see these kids worrying about their sexual orientation. You shouldn't really be agonising over that until well into your teens. Who thought it was OK to give a child hormone blockers? To even open a child's mind to the concept of gender this or that.

It was a real eye opener when I joined Wattpad. It's a site mostly inhabited by 13 to 25 year olds but has an increasing number of older people on there now. The amount of 13 to 14 year kids on there twisting themselves inside out with anxiety about being pansexual/bisexual/genderfluid/cisgender/intersex/thirdgender/neutralgender/cishet/nonbinary. Made my head spin. I'm like...no wonder you've all got fucking issues.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:10 pm

Holy shit!

Whilst I can see social media being a good tool in some ways, in others ways it’s ruining some people, like children. I don’t understand why some parents feel it’s okay to allow their young kids a Facebook account! What can a youngster possibly learn from Facebook???
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:41 pm

eddie wrote:Holy shit!

Whilst I can see social media being a good tool in some ways, in others ways it’s ruining some people, like children. I don’t understand why some parents feel it’s okay to allow their young kids a Facebook account! What can a youngster possibly learn from Facebook???

Well, nothing from mine at the moment. I'm in Facebook jail again for 3 days.

Which is another topic but it's amazing what kids see on Facebook yet it's also amazing how easy you can get Zucked.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:47 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:Holy shit!

Which is another topic but it's amazing what kids see on Facebook yet it's also amazing how easy you can get Zucked.  

What did you post?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:02 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

What did you post?

I was on Shaun King's page and he posted an article (from his rag) about how more black people had killed themselves in Chicago this year than in any other year. I'm sure that's true. I'm sure the same could be said of any group, because this has been a rough year. Anyway, some guy was bitching about how black people were so prone to killing themselves, compared to everyone else so I responded "dont worry, us YT's still kill ourselves at a higher rate, but you're gaining".

I know I got reported because it's happened before when I go on a page like that and don't tow the line.

You're not suppose to make suicide comments, but the freaking article was about suicide. Maybe the YT is considered racial, even though I'm a YT and have been called that dozens of times before by folks who are not YT's.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:34 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

What did you post?

I was on Shaun King's page and he posted an article (from his rag) about how more black people had killed themselves in Chicago this year than in any other year. I'm sure that's true. I'm sure the same could be said of any group, because this has been a rough year. Anyway, some guy was bitching about how black people were so prone to killing themselves, compared to everyone else so I responded "dont worry, us YT's still kill ourselves at a higher rate, but you're gaining".

I know I got reported because it's happened before when I go on a page like that and don't tow the line.

You're not suppose to make suicide comments, but the freaking article was about suicide. Maybe the YT is considered racial, even though I'm a YT and have been called that dozens of times before by folks who are not YT's.    

I think it's bullshit that you got banned for that, but then again, it's Zuck's business, not ours, right?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:46 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I think it's bullshit that you got banned for that, but then again, it's Zuck's business, not ours, right?

Yeah, they have really tightened down on what can be said.

My finger hovers over the send button quite a bit now, as I decide if it's worth a possible ban.

Facebook used to be a lot more fun. I think eventually something will take it's place as people would prefer to post things without their mom looking over their shoulder.

But until then, I have to play by his rules. Too bad I have no fucking idea what they are. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:02 am

My first thought was they could have taken drugs.
Intelligent 12 year olds are old enough to know that if they leap off a tower block they will die.

My second thought was why the hell didn't their parents check on what online sites the girls visited online.

When my son was growing up the internet wasn't such a problem, with my grandson, he was allowed online in the same room as I was in, so I knew what he was watching.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down