NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A thought for those less fortunate...

2 posters

Go down

A thought for those less fortunate... Empty A thought for those less fortunate...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:05 am

...than ourselves ,

As we slide into the festive season opening prezzies and roasting dinner may we spare a thought for those who are homeless , hungry and cold.

I'm typing away at the side door and it's extremely windy, wet and cold.
How great it would be if we could heat , shelter and feed everyone of those poor folk, just the look outside makes me shiver and think of the poor souks out there in conditions like that, as not all homeless people live In Homeless units, due to demand outstripping supply.

And also remembering our loved ones no longer here but always in our hearts and minds as well as those now alone.

Back to top Go down

A thought for those less fortunate... Empty Re: A thought for those less fortunate...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:12 am

I'll second that.

Back to top Go down

A thought for those less fortunate... Empty Re: A thought for those less fortunate...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:15 am

Joy Division wrote:...than ourselves ,

As we slide into the festive season opening prezzies and roasting dinner may we spare a thought for those who are homeless , hungry and cold.

How great it would be if we could heat , shelter and feed everyone of those poor folk, just the look outside makes me shiver and think of the poor souks out there in conditions like that, as not all homeless people live In Homeless units, due to demand outstripping supply.

And also remembering our loved ones no longer here but always in our hearts and minds as well as those now alone.

What a lovely post JD!  Cool 

In the future, and this has been discussed between Doug and i...We intend to link up with a homeless charity to provide support and a home for kids that have been thrown out onto the streets..Doug is a survivor from the streets and was in that position himself...I have suggested to him that he could have an advisory and supporting role in that project if he is well enough on a particular day as i think that it would do him good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:20 am

Catman wrote:

In the future, and this has been discussed between Doug and i...We intend to link up with a homeless charity to provide support and a home for kids that have been thrown out onto the streets..Doug is a survivor from the streets and was in that position himself...I have suggested to him that he could have an advisory and supporting role in that project if he is well enough on a particular day as i think that it would do him good.

..ah cheers Phil Smile

I think that is a brilliant idea with you and Doug with homeless kids Phil Smile especially Doug being in that position before, first hand experience can never be beaten Phil, I hope the both of you go ahead with that if that's what you do decide for sure, what a worthwhile thing to do indeed...help misguided and vulnerable youngsters.

God for you phil! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:30 am

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

..ah cheers Phil Smile

I think that is a brilliant idea with you and Doug with homeless kids Phil :)especially Doug being in that position before, first hand experience can never be beaten Phil, I hope the both of you go ahead with that if that's what you do decide for sure, what a worthwhile thing to do indeed...help misguided and vulnerable youngsters.

God for you phil! Smile

It isn't pie in the Sky either!

My brother is a bank manager and is keen to get out of banking, with RBS...Who could blame him  Laughing 

His pension is secure and he wants early redundancy, he has been with the bank since leaving school.

...When we sell the house in Spain we will be quite rich, my mother also filled the house with antiques over many years (that was her hobby)

We are going into property development in the North East...He knows of places that are going for about 20K...That is where we will start..I'm going to be doing the admin and i used to be a housing officer as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:36 am

Catman wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

..ah cheers Phil Smile

I think that is a brilliant idea with you and Doug with homeless kids Phil :)especially Doug being in that position before, first hand experience can never be beaten Phil, I hope the both of you go ahead with that if that's what you do decide for sure, what a worthwhile thing to do indeed...help misguided and vulnerable youngsters.

God for you phil! Smile

My brother is a bank manager and is keen to get out of banking, with RBS...Who could blame him  Laughing 

His pension is secure and he wants early redundancy, he has been with the bank since leaving school.

...When we sell the house in Spain we will be quite rich, my mother also filled the house with antiques over many years (that was her hobby)

We are going into property development in the North East...He knows of places that are going for about 20K...That is where we will start..I'm going to be doing the admin and i used to be a housing officer as well!

I believe you Phil and I'm sure you did mention before about your brother being a banker, so an appearance by you and Doug is likely on Homes under the Hammer then. Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:40 am

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

I believe you Phil and I'm sure you did mention before about your brother being a banker, so an appearance by you and Doug is likely on Homes under the Hammer then. Laughing 

Ha!

My mum used to love those programs...And my brother mentioned on the phone the other night, that to use her money to go into that field would be a very fitting tribute to her!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:44 am

Good stuff there JD. You're heart is in the right place that's for sure.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:48 am

Irn Bru wrote:

Why don't the RW think in the same way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:59 am

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

....The only reason that he got relocated to the North East...That was due to the 7/7 London bombing, he was managing the bank where the bus bomb went off.(Tavistock)..He led his staff out through the body parts to safety...He was in a terrible mess for months after that and found it very hard to get onto the underground....Did his head in that did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:00 am

Catman wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Why don't the RW think in the same way?

Because thet can't think for themselves due to them being led by a higher wisdom that directs them and makes them feel safe.

That's from the writings of Frederich Hayek who cantankerous kindly led us to.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:04 am

Catman wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

....The only reason that he got relocated to the North East...That was due to the 7/7 London bombing, he was managing the bank where the bus bomb went off.(Tavistock)..He led his staff out through the body parts to safety...He was in a terrible mess for months after that and found it very hard to get onto the underground....Did his head in that did.

Phil, I remember you telling us that on the old sky forums just after it happened. He was lucky and did well in doing what he did.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:11 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Catman wrote:

Phil, I remember you telling us that on the old sky forums just after it happened. He was lucky and did well in doing what he did.

He was having a cig outside of the bank about a minute before the blast..That was the reason for the so many anti Muslim posts that i made at that time, i had him crying so much on my shoulder after that so much...It takes time to reconcile your mind after something like that...But i think that we both tried to educate ourselves after that and then we finally realised that not all Muslims are terrorists, it's such a shame that others can't get rid of their hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:53 am

I don't know if it will make you warmer or colder but it is about 38C here.
 sunny  rendeer  sunny  santa  sunny   rendeer  sunny 
Merry Christmas
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:47 am

veya_victaous wrote:I don't know if it will make you warmer or colder but it is about 38C here.
 sunny  rendeer  sunny  santa  sunny   rendeer  sunny 
Merry Christmas

Thanks for that!
 lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Catman wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

..ah cheers Phil Smile

God for you phil! Smile

You should leave your council flat and stop taking benefits immediately Mr Catman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:50 pm

A lovely thought JD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Good evening JD.

Are you well?

And here's what I think of your kind thought.....

A thought for those less fortunate... Untitl11

Merry Xmas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Isn't that a bit old hat Shady, you have used it so many times it's lost it's shock value.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Sassy wrote:Isn't that a bit old hat Shady, you have used it so many times it's lost it's shock value.

Sorry Sass but the old ones are the best ones & I just couldn't resist.

Must go for now as the missus wants me to watch a film with her about a man wearing a red hat & outfit.....

A thought for those less fortunate... Untitl12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Nah Shady, if its shock value you are looking for, old ones just don't cut it. After all, that one's so old we know the sick has long dried up and been swept away, and the drunk is probably dead by now lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:26 pm

Shady wrote:

Good evening JD.

Are you well?

And here's what I think of your kind thought.....

A thought for those less fortunate... Untitl11

Merry Xmas.

...hello shady, and nice to be back on the same site as each other!...

But I thought that pic you posted was reaction to Conservative party policies, do forgive me.

By the way..seasons greetings, and I think there will be even more greeting if the Conservatives get another term in office.xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down