NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We choose

Go down

We choose Empty We choose

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 4:58 am

We choose to go to the Moon! ... We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win

It is of great disappointment to me that this spirit is no longer the American ideal

if i was president this would be my speech

We choose to save California ! ... We choose to save California in this decade and do the other things, create jobs as such an endeavour will do ,To save our national wild life that are dying from the lack of water ,to save our farming industry that the unprecedented  drought has decimated ,to save personal property that wild fires destroy and we cant fight without water ,to save American life not because it is easy because it is , but because or nation and future demands it  because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win they are many many solutions to the water crisis in California all that it takes is the will

in the 1960 it was the will to beat Russian in the space race that drove us to space and from that endeavour we have seen leaps in technology and ingenuity that generation past would marvel at it was in no small part that vision that  made our country the place it is today

Not the will for profit  like The world’s largest retailer Wal mart who`s thinks it acceptable to source  some of its bottled water in drought-stricken California

During the drought of the 1930s, in Texas and Oklahoma where the unanchored soil turned to dust and  the prevailing winds blew away in huge clouds that sometimes blackened the sky across our country and displaced millions of American family's many who where to die in the attempt

Are we willing as a nation to condemn California to this inevitable fate  to stand by idly while our county men women and children face this natural disaster while huge company`s make profit and law makers object and block any attempts to address the worsening situation

oil company s invest in research funded in a large part by the American people via tax breaks and subsidy's they build huge pipelines across our country and indeed the planet to transport oil to market`s around the world
but we can not drink oil and when California is a dust bowl like the pan handle became it will be too late

More water is used to manufacture a car than to fill a swimming pool but who will drive these cars when the people are gone To produce two steaks you need 15 000 liters of water where will these steaks come from when cattle die because of lack of water Each American uses 7,500 litres of water per day—mostly for food. One litre of water is needed to irrigate one calorie food. where will that food come from when we can no longer grow our own  

NASA's 2011 budget of $18.4 billion represented about 0.5% of the $3.4 trillion United States federal budget during that year and that investment has had a great impact on our society and fortunes it ways often unseen

we are seeing a national crisis in the making yet seem unwilling to address it ,are we to let out country decline in to the inevitable future to become a country dependent on the help of others or will we stand as a nation with the same spirit of the 1960s.
Russia has no water crisis, china has no water crisis they have plenty of water all they have to do is wait as we slowly but surely kill our self`s because of an unwillingness to do what is necessary
Korben dallas
POTUS

Back to top Go down

We choose Empty Re: We choose

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 14, 2015 5:18 am

You've got my vote! Man, this reminds me of Dwight D. Eisenhower's "Cross of Iron" speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGQ-wgPGTp8

(Wow, the GOP has changed a lot in 60 years ... )
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 5:26 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:You've got my vote! Man, this reminds me of Dwight D. Eisenhower's "Cross of Iron" speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGQ-wgPGTp8

(Wow, the GOP has changed a lot in 60 years ... )
well one down 318.9 million to go :-)

i just watched a piece on sky about animals coming down from the mountains in search of water that drove me to write it the solutions are there but for the life of me i can`t understand why they are not implemented but ridiculed and side lined
its very very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down