NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teens Choose 'Letter-Writing' Over Texting

3 posters

Go down

Teens Choose 'Letter-Writing' Over Texting Empty Teens Choose 'Letter-Writing' Over Texting

Post by Lurker Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Could it finally be happening: kids trading in the instant gratification of texting for the more emotional payout of letter writing?
That's what two teenage friends who live in Ohio are doing. Maggie Tugend, 14, of Bexley, Ohio, says she is tired of trying to have any kind of real friendship via text message. So in March, when she met Cydnee Ellis over a spring break weekend at a horseback riding camp, the two agreed that they wouldn’t rely on the usual teen-endorsed forms of communication— text and social media— to keep in touch. Instead, the pair decided to do something a little revolutionary, by turning back the clock to when their moms and grandmas met a new girl at camp.
They decided to be pen pals.

http://www.today.com/moms/teens-ditch-texting-old-school-ways-communicating-6C10216162
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Teens Choose 'Letter-Writing' Over Texting Empty Re: Teens Choose 'Letter-Writing' Over Texting

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:50 pm

I think that's cool. Most forms of communication never really die; they just find new purposes and contexts. I recently watched a movie called "Liberal Arts" where the protagonists exchanged letters because it seemed more personal.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Teens Choose 'Letter-Writing' Over Texting Empty Re: Teens Choose 'Letter-Writing' Over Texting

Post by Lurker Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:12 am

I think the written word will eventually die out. Cursive is already dead. I applaud these teenagers for actually writing letters. I wish more people would. There will be no more recorded history in the future. All these digital records and digital photographs will be lost with no analog hard copy stored anywhere. Archeologists will have nothing to examine in the future. It will be like we never existed.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:29 am

Lurker
our Machina decendants might find it easier?

we rapidly reach the point where the world will not sustain biological life so maybe those future Archeologists will be robotic ones.

and in a different vain I doubt the "consequces of our existance" will not be apparent to any civilizations/species that come after us. look at the ice core records our existance has left the same recordings as a meteor hit.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down