NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USERNAMES. How or why did you choose yours?

+11
Irn Bru
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
blackie333
Andy
Miffs2
Tommy Monk
eddie
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
JulesV
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Empty USERNAMES. How or why did you choose yours?

Post by JulesV Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:55 pm

Me, I chose 'JULES' quite randomly.

On the home page the last word on the menu bar is Rules

('About Us And Rules' is what you see on the far right of the page, as a non member) - made me think of the rhyming word Jules. Yep it was as random as that!

How about you?

(No need to mention what you are/were called in other forums. I'm only interested in your choice of name on this site.)

flower

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Empty Re: USERNAMES. How or why did you choose yours?

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:17 pm

Mine's from a grave stone in the local graveyard. Horatio Nelson Tarr to be exact.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Empty Re: USERNAMES. How or why did you choose yours?

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:23 pm

Hmmm..."About Us And Jules".  scratch  It could work.  I like it...adds the personal touch.

I chose Quill because of a certain Ozzie that had that name.  But then Phil stole my name and opened up a bunch of accounts on different forums--including here--using my picture as an avvie.  When I came here he had already been, and gotten banned.  It was Dean who told me over on AVO, and that helped get it straightened out.  I've never visited his forum, but Dean's a nice guy for that.

But, anyway, all these boards and I couldn't get my name back.  And, I kept hearing from others about how I was such an arsehole on boards I'd never been on.  So I did the next most logical thing.  I made it "Original Quill" so people would get the message I was different, but the first and Original Quill.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:38 pm

Quill you can change your name back at any time if you like?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:41 pm

eddie wrote:Quill you can change your name back at any time if you like?

Nah, after three years people--although they actually call me Quill--still would wonder if my Avvie didn't say "Original Quill". But thx.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Quill you can change your name back at any time if you like?

Nah, after three years people--although they actually call me Quill--still would wonder if my Avvie didn't say "Original Quill".  But thx.

Say, I've been meaning to ask ...WTH happened to your nice avatar image; you dropped it a couple weeks/month back and I've missed it!  Will you put it back or replace it soon?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:20 pm

My nicknames have been Sassy or Sandy since I was a little girl and Sassy describes what I am.  I intend to stay 'sassy' until the day I die.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:28 pm

Aspca4ever - has been mine since 2000 ASPCA USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Th?id=A81a4537615e09f345a93740843d9a183&w=110&h=110&c=7&rs=1&qlt=95&pcl=f9f9f9&cdv=1&pid=16 American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals ...I modified it and broke it up after a few lesser thinking humans started using it as a abbreviated way to insult me with reptile names, so when I came back, I'd modified it!  
Now, on here I'm just 4ever!
Because despite the one's that love to ridicule my posting methods: punctuations/smile - emotion cons usage and immediate snarky rejoinders = I AM 4 EVER MEEEEE AND PROUD TO BE ME! USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? 2385359624

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:26 pm

Mine was a reference to someone being caught out in 'room 101'... a place that DOES NOT exist...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:28 pm

Thought your name was rhyming slang for "spunk"?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:35 pm

eddie wrote:Thought your name was rhyming slang for "spunk"?
And me, can you explain Tommy?
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:39 pm

MONK. SPUNK. SKUNK. FLUNK, BUNK.
So much ammunition for another hilarious limerick.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:56 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
eddie wrote:Thought your name was rhyming slang for "spunk"?

It is rhyming slang... yes... and it's also a reference to a place that DOES NOT exist... and reference to a person who does exist... but pretended they were someone else who doesnt exist, when they visited the imaginary place of illusion known as 'room 101' which DOES NOT exist...

If you would like to know more... please write to... 'Room 101, Hall of smoke and mirrors, imagination Street, Sassquatch mountain, Monk Town'... it's just past 'ohshithaveibeencaughtlyingagain county'...!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:05 pm

Ok Tommy - enough said.
Not interested tbh.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

It is rhyming slang... yes... and it's also a reference to a place that DOES NOT exist... and reference to a person who does exist... but pretended they were someone else who doesnt exist, when they visited the imaginary place of illusion known as 'room 101' which DOES NOT exist...

If you would like to know more... please write to... 'Room 101, Hall of smoke and mirrors, imagination Street, Sassquatch mountain, Monk Town'... it's just past 'ohshithaveibeencaughtlyingagain county'...!!!

lol!
Oh I remember room 101 very well  lol!

I just didn't get the Tommy Monk reference, Edward Teach however ...  Lol
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:15 pm

The Tommy Monk was all over the place in room 101 allegedly...

You'd have to ask the person who made the claims of course...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Oh aye right! That would go down like a fart in a submarine  lol!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:20 pm

Okay so back on topic please you two. You can make your own room 101 and discuss it there...
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:22 pm

eddie wrote:Okay so back on topic please you two. You can make your own room 101 and discuss it there...
Room 101?
No such thing Laughing
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:43 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

You may think that... I couldn't possibly comment...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

You may think that... I couldn't possibly comment...!

Yeah, let's leave what happened in the past and at another site where it belongs.

My user name came from my Spider-Man fanboy phase ... didn't want to go with Spider-Man or Peter Parker, so I went with Ben Reilly, the Peter Parker clone who became the lesser-known hero Scarlet Spider:

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? 348876-107313-scarlet-spider
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:08 am

Terrible spelling of 'vae victis' which i had only heard when i choose it (i have had it since i was like 13)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vae_victis
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:32 am

Not telling.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:36 pm

eddie wrote:Not telling.
No probs, eddie.  Smile
The last thing I wanted was for anyone who did not feel comfy about explaining their user name, to feel pressed into doing so.

Anyway it was the two-word names that really piqued my curiosity.
I found names like Original Quill, Veya -V, Horatio Tarr, Tommy Monks ... very intriguing cos I could not place them (in literature, movies, politics, ) and they've all been explained now.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:43 pm

blackie333 wrote:
Jules wrote:Me, I chose 'JULES' quite randomly.

On the home page the last word on the menu bar is Rules

('About Us And Rules' is what you see on the far right of the page, as a non member) - made me think of the rhyming word Jules. Yep it was as random as that!

How about you?

(No need to mention what you are/were called in other forums. I'm only interested in your choice of name on this site.)

flower
I love Dahlias so I tried most Like red etc and all those usernames were already taken so I tried blackdahlia and got on so i've
always stuck with the BD or blackie variations ever since and then on whatever forum so far most know me and know I like a laugh
so we get into the banter kind of thing within minutes lol.

Yes, I saw someone explaining your name on here a few weeks ago, so I already knew it comes from ''Blackdahlia'' - a flower. I had also seen the explanation of 4EVER'S name too. Lord Foul's name was the only one I found easy to place, I knew it came from literature.

Thanks to all, very imaginative monikers. fiesta

(ETA lol Quill - 'jules & jegulations'.  USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? 3489511464  )

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:53 pm

My user name is Irn Bru which is branded as Scotland's national drink.

Made in Scotland fae Guirders.

Smile

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:13 am

No offence IRN, but it tastes bloody awful, [to me]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:42 am

nicko wrote:No offence IRN,   but it tastes bloody awful,    [to me]

i have been told it looks like an orange flavoured drink but acutally tastes more like rust Suspect Suspect Suspect
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Empty SCRAT ...these are for you >

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:11 pm

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Scrat-o
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4614062/scrat-o.gif

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Tumblr_m7h41yZRny1r96fbno1_500

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7h41yZRny1r96fbno1_500.gif

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Tumblr_lj289hNFO51qaj5jro1_500
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj289hNFO51qaj5jro1_500.gif

Just some animated avatar's that might work for you! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:22 pm

A few years ago I came across an online news forum, I didn't even know such a thing existed! 

Strangely there were lots of unhappy, grumpy people arguing about this and that.  I'd never seen such a place, so much anger USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Angry_10

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Idea10 I decided to join, these people needed to feel the love in the room so I set about trying to make people smile.  

Hence my user name feelthelove USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Smiley10

Anyway, you can see what a successful mission it was.  Just take a look around, lots of happy people debating their point of view politely whilst respecting each others opinions. People embracing each others differences, cultures, sexuality etc.  

No, no please don't thank me, it's thanks enough to have been able to make difference USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? 701223944

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? You_ar10

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Was that forum, Sky? I remember you from there, people kept saying you were Vod Shocked
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:54 pm

eddie wrote:Was that forum, Sky? I remember you from there, people kept saying you were Vod Shocked

Yes, it was Sky.  Scary place USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Door_p10

Not like the forums since, all hearts and roses USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Spring10

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:56 pm

Sky was full of nut jobs!
Im trying to think of all the original members, who are still around today, there was:

FTL
Miffs
Harvesmom
Eddie
Allakaka
Dean
Scrat
Didge
Irn Bru
Sassy
Smelly bandit ?
Sphinx
Eilzel
Phil catman
Vod and HF

Can't think of anymore.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:00 pm

eddie wrote:Sky was full of nut jobs!
Im trying to think of all the original members, who are still around today, there was:

FTL
Miffs
Harvesmom
Eddie
Allakaka
Dean
Scrat
Didge
Irn Bru
Sassy
Smelly bandit ?
Sphinx
Eilzel
Phil catman
Vod and HF

Can't think of anymore.

I hid away chatting to those Irish call centre guys in the entertainment section USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Smiley11

Is Sphinx here?  I often think about her x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:04 pm

No she hasn't posted for a while. Yeah she was gruff, but great. I liked her direct style.

I remember you chatting to those guys! You shameless flirt! Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:08 pm

eddie wrote:No she hasn't posted for a while.  Yeah she was gruff, but great. I liked her direct style.

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Girl-m10 There is nothing wrong with having a little flirtatious fun with multiple Irish guys with sexy accents who are half your age.  Nothing wrong at all.........I like Scubasteve USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Snorkl10 I think he was a team leader, going places.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:28 pm

feelthelove wrote:
eddie wrote:No she hasn't posted for a while.  Yeah she was gruff, but great. I liked her direct style.

USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Girl-m10 There is nothing wrong with having a little flirtatious fun with multiple Irish guys with sexy accents who are half your age.  Nothing wrong at all.........I like Scubasteve USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Snorkl10 I think he was a team leader, going places.

Hahahaha I remember him! Oh my goodness! That takes me back.
Cass used to have a little team of guys too, if I remember correctly Laughing
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:36 pm

eddie wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Hahahaha I remember him! Oh my goodness! That takes me back.
Cass used to have a little team of guys too, if I remember correctly Laughing

Generally I tend to attract the older gentlemen, irl and online ask Nems USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Yes10

I think there should be more harmless flirting on here, it's fun and it makes people smile and giggle USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Angel_11

Much better than all that hate and misery.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:39 pm

Just be yourself. I am. X
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:40 pm

eddie wrote:Just be yourself. I am. X

It's the only way to be USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Thumbs11 x

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Wasn't there a 'Joy Division' (JD) on Sky and ADO, too?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:Wasn't there a 'Joy Division' (JD) on Sky and ADO, too?

Yes. He was very, very different back then.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:20 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Wasn't there a 'Joy Division' (JD) on Sky and ADO, too?

I had a minor fall out with him on ADO I recall USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Embarr10

Hi Quill USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Kiss_c10 x

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:04 pm

feelthelove wrote:
eddie wrote:

I had a minor fall out with him on ADO I recall USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Embarr10

Hi gorgeous. I've missed you round here daily.

Yes, JD was briefly a really nice sort on ADO and SF...but then he turned sour. I don't think it was all him, he just had to answer to too many criticisms from too many fronts. He finally just walked away.

Lov xxx

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:21 pm

My user name is my own name....just add the VIA, though most people shorten it to Syl in real life anyway.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:27 pm

Syl wrote:My user name is my own name....just add the VIA, though most people shorten it to Syl in real life anyway.

I think I figured that. Wink
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:36 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:My user name is my own name....just add the VIA, though most people shorten it to Syl in real life anyway.

I think I figured that. Wink

Lol....just checking. Laughing

When I first joined a forum I didn't know that most people used made up names.....I have kept my own name on every forum bar one, the American one.
On there I was Zelda, cos that's how my little grandson used to pronounce Sylvia...and I liked it. Laughing .
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:37 pm

eddie wrote:Sky was full of nut jobs!

FTL
Miffs
Harvesmom
Eddie
Allakaka
Dean
Scrat
Didge
Irn Bru
Sassy
Smelly bandit ?
Sphinx
Eilzel
Phil catman
Vod and HF

Can't think of anymore.

You've forgotten me - Lord Edmund Moletrousers! I shall now go into my misery corner and weep copious tears of utter frustration.

I became plain Fred Moletrousers here because my original perception of this place was that aristocrats were neither appreciated nor welcome. Shades of the French Revolution!

I originally chose Lord Edmund Moletrousers because he was a character in a pantomime "wot I wrote" (to quote Ernie Wise)... a curmudgeonly old bugger who hated children and locked them up in his dungeon.

I changed the character and the name as part of a script revision before the work was eventually published.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Hi gorgeous.  I've missed you round here daily.

Yes, JD was briefly a really nice sort on ADO and SF...but then he turned sour.  I don't think it was all him, he just had to answer to too many criticisms from too many fronts.  He finally just walked away.

Lov xxx

Missed you too Quill, hope all is well with you and yours USERNAMES.  How or why did you choose yours? Kiss_c11 xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next