NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French school sends girl home because her skirt is too ... long?

4 posters

Go down

French school sends girl home because her skirt is too ... long? Empty French school sends girl home because her skirt is too ... long?

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 13, 2015 7:51 pm

French school sends girl home because her skirt is too ... long? 1431424775643

New one on me!

Sarah K, the 15-year-old school girl who was banned from attending classes for wearing long skirts, sparking an uproar in France and the world over, has returned to school in her characteristic outfit.

Sarah stepped into the Leo Lagrange junior-high school in northeastern France Monday, wearing a grey floral printed skirt, confident as ever that her skirt choices had nothing to do with the business of the state.

Last month, the French Muslim student of Algerian descent had been suspended from school by the headmaster, Maryse Dubois, for wearing a similar long skirt and was asked to change her outfit and then come back to school.

In the letter sent to her family, Dubois had said that Sarah's long black skirt allegedly reflected her religious beliefs and breached the strict secular rules of France. The headmaster further said that the skirt was "too openly religious."

Speaking with the Anadolu Agency Monday while she was on her way to school, Sarah said: "I did nothing wrong, I'm respecting the law as I always take off my headscarf before I enter the school; so there is no need for me to change what I wear. I'll continue to dress the way I please and receive my education."

While Sarah was not denied entry to the school this time on Monday, it didn't necessarily mean that the discrimination that girls like her face had come to an end in France. Anadolu Agency has learnt that there are several other girls like Sarah, who too had been suspended at the same school for wearing long skirts.

When Muslim girls like Sarah take off their headscarves before entering school, they in fact comply with the 2004 French law that bans students from wearing any "conspicuous signs" of religion, such as headscarves, skullcaps or crucifixes at schools.

When asked why Muslim girls were being targeted while their non-Muslim students did not face similar discrimination at the school, the headmaster refused to give a comment to Anadolu Agency.

http://www.dailysabah.com/europe/2015/05/12/french-Muslim-student-of-algerian-descent-returns-to-school-in-characteristic-outfit
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

French school sends girl home because her skirt is too ... long? Empty Re: French school sends girl home because her skirt is too ... long?

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 13, 2015 8:02 pm

They don't like all that Islamic stuff in France.

I'm surprised she doesn't have to wear a uniform.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

French school sends girl home because her skirt is too ... long? Empty Re: French school sends girl home because her skirt is too ... long?

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 13, 2015 8:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:They don't like all that Islamic stuff in France.

I'm surprised she doesn't have to wear a uniform.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité ... connerie.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 13, 2015 8:05 pm

I suppose it makes a change from being sent home for wearing a skirt that's too short.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 9:14 pm

I admire france for having the balls to stand up for themselves...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 9:15 pm

is it a covenant school or was it cold that day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 9:16 pm

personally I think this is just too stupid for words....

the school head and govening body (if they have one ) should be horse whipped

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 13, 2015 9:49 pm

darknessss wrote:personally I think this is just too stupid for words....

the school head and govening body (if they have one ) should be horse whipped

Oh, you know, they can just spell out an exact-length "Goldilocks zone" requirement for skirts. And teachers can spend their day measuring girls' skirts instead of teaching! clappy clappy clappy
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 13, 2015 9:50 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:I admire france for having the balls to stand up for themselves...

Yes! It takes real gonads to tell a girl to go home because her skirt is too long. That is the very height of manliness, in fact.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Have they not only just over turned a 200 year old ban on women wearing trousers in France?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:I admire france for having the balls to stand up for themselves...

Yes! It takes real gonads to tell a girl to go home because her skirt is too long. That is the very height of manliness, in fact.

Actually in this day and age it does . it would never happen in britain in fear of upsetting someone...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 13, 2015 10:21 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Actually in this day and age it does . it would never happen in britain in fear of upsetting someone...

OK -- I say you get it started in Britain. Go outside today and tell at least five 15-year-old girls they should wear shorter skirts. Be sure to let the papers and the police know about your courageous action!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

OK -- I say you get it started in Britain. Go outside today and tell at least five 15-year-old girls they should wear shorter skirts. Be sure to let the papers and the police know about your courageous action!

lol!

Best come back of the day

Priceless

Night Ben and enjoy, I shall leave to the sharks, that seem like they have not had a single bite tonight at all

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

that is part of the trouble you cannot do right these days in fear of it being perceived as wrong that's how far stupid ideas have gone..
these days if a little girl runs past you and falls over as a man you daren't stop and pick her up and see if she is ok , everyone in the are will think you was a peado trying to run off with her..

we have managed to stop ourselves from being able to do the right , the decent thing because the perceptions of people who focus on minorities of sick people...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

lol!

Priceless

Night Ben and enjoy, I shall leave to the sharks, that seem like they have not had a single bite tonight at all

Laughing

cheers cheers cheers
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:33 pm

aww nothing like seeing two imbeciles in a group hug Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

lol!

Priceless

Laughing

cheers cheers cheers

it's getting very difficult to tell where ben's arse ends and your nose starts didge...

grow a pair eh.... lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 13, 2015 10:34 pm

I went to an all-girls,school, very strict it was.
Our skirts had to be an exact length, shirts an exact colour - no jewellery, make-Up stc etc

Perhaps it's time for people to let schools be schools and stick to the rules?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:35 pm

eddie wrote:I went to an all-girls,school, very strict it was.
Our skirts had to be an exact length, shirts an exact colour - no jewellery, make-Up stc etc

I actually think set uniforms are good for schools for a few reasons... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 13, 2015 10:39 pm

So do I.

But if it was only a few centimetres then perhaps her parents were not aware it was "too,long"

Can't see the whole pic tbh
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 13, 2015 10:42 pm

eddie wrote:

So do I.

But if it was only a few centimetres then perhaps her parents were not aware it was "too,long"

Honestly, I just thought a skirt that was "too long" was one that dragged on the floor, causing a risk of tripping.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 10:44 pm

my son was banned from school for dying his hair white blonde, when i asked the school what on earth that was about they claimed students looking at his hair might be distracted and hurt themselves...

the ultimate facepalm moment...

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 13, 2015 11:00 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

So do I.

Honestly, I just thought a skirt that was "too long" was one that dragged on the floor, causing a risk of tripping.

Well that of course would be too long.....

I can't see the whole pic so don't know how long her skirt is?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 13, 2015 11:02 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:my son was banned from school for dying his hair white blonde, when i asked the school what on earth that was about they claimed students looking at his hair might be distracted and hurt themselves...

the ultimate facepalm moment...

Too bad he wasn't at Hogwarts, then!

French school sends girl home because her skirt is too ... long? Draco_Malfoy_(Year_1)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 13, 2015 11:31 pm

hmm deny someone education because they don't wear the right clothes Suspect Suspect Suspect

Yeah that's pretty fucked up Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
one thing if it is risk threat to other but seriously when you start effecting the 'life potential' of a young person because of clothing you're in the wrong..
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 14, 2015 8:20 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

You'd have to be very brave to do that! You'd probably get arrested. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 14, 2015 8:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

And hence the joke Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 14, 2015 8:29 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

And hence the joke Smile

Oh! I didn't know you had a sense of humour. scratch
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 14, 2015 8:31 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

And hence the joke Smile

Oh! I didn't know you had a sense of humour. scratch

Well, I don't like to be too in-your-face about it. It's crass Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down