NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short Empty Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:37 am

A 17-year-old schoolgirl was allegedly forced her to kneel down by her headmaster so he could measure her dress. Amanda Durbin, a student at Edmonson County High School in Kentucky, chose to wear a red and black jumper dress, measuring five inches above the knee, with leggings to classes last week, WBKO reports. She was called to the headmaster’s office after the dress was thought to be too revealing where, Miss Durbin claims, she was told to kneel on the ground so her headmaster could measure how far her dress fell from the floor. The student admitted she was uncomfortable kneeling in front of Principal Tommy Hodges and requested her parents to be present. Ms Durbin said it took her parents two hours to arrive at the school, during which time she was allegedly prohibited from attending lessons.

“I didn’t really appreciate having to get down on my knees, especially while I was in a dress,” she told BuzzFeed News. “It did make me feel a little embarrassed, a little insecure.” Miss Durbin’s dress was initially measured at five inches – within the school code – however, when asked to walk across the room with her hands in the air and then be measured again, the dress fell at eight inches, and she was asked to go home. Mr Hodges told WBKO everyone was aware of the school’s dress code, and many boys have been cited for ripped jeans.

“If the gap between the floor and the garment is more than six inches it’s out of dress code,” he told the station, adding that parents agree on and sign off the dress code at the beginning of the school year. Miss Durbin said wearing the dress was a “mature protest” over what she felt was an unfair dress code at the school.
“It was kind of a protest, but it was a mature protest,” she told Buzzfeed.
Miss Durbin said she has received some disapproval from her classmates for speaking out about the incident, but says she is proud of herself for protesting. “I’m hoping other girls will realise that you’re not some object,” she said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/teenage-school-girl-forced-to-get-on-knees-because-her-skirt-was-too-short-a6828016.html

Yes because we naturally walk with are hands in the air. WTF

Completely agree with her stand that girls should not be treated as objects

I also think school uniforms or dress codes are utterly daft and backward

Back to top Go down

Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short Empty Re: Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:08 am

Well, everyone knows how I feel about these dress codes. When they're too strict and enforced beyond reason, I think they're just teaching kids to kowtow to authority, conform and respect unreasonable rules.

I have to wonder about this part, though:

after the dress was thought to be too revealing

Such weasel wording. Who thought it was too revealing? I would hope that a teacher would wait until a dress-code violation actually caused a distraction, rather than worrying that much about what their students are wearing.

Just to get my sermon out of my system -- a free country should be raising people who know they're free, and that it's wrong for them to be treated as though they're constantly suspected of being on the verge of doing something out of line.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short Empty Re: Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:12 am

I agree Completely Ben, its so appalling how young girls are being treated as if they are a problem in how they dress.  Again how do you teach freedom by unnecessary restrictions?

Sorry forgot to post the picture

Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short Amanda-durbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:30 am

Didge wrote:I agree Completely Ben, its so appalling how young girls are being treated as if they are a problem in how they dress.  Again how do you teach freedom by unnecessary restrictions?

Sorry forgot to post the picture

Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short Amanda-durbin

So distracting Rolling Eyes She looks like she's about to go on a job interview!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:39 am

I know, it looks more office type clothing and she looks very smart, which shows how even more daft and absurd the school policy is.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:44 pm

There's absolutely nothing wrong with her dress. There's something going on that we don't see...probably political.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Its all bull, I think dress codes for kids are absurd when based on a view to objectify girls in a degrading way as if they are to blame

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:27 pm

School uniforms are a good thing IMO - it stops girls competing with each other to see who can be most "trendy".

Dress codes are quite common in a lot of jobs, so it's good training.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:29 pm

How are they a good thing when many other schools have pupils excel without them?

Dress codes are so dated and as seen make absurd restrictions on girls, that are unecessary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:School uniforms are a good thing IMO - it stops girls competing with each other to see who can be most "trendy".

I agree School uniforms are a good thing and the reasoning behind them nowadays is i think that kids coming to school with £100 trainers and designer clothes tends to be a reason that kids who parents can`t afford such things get bullied as raggs has pointed out, but it`s not confined to girls

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:41 pm

A kid can still come to school with expensive shoes and the same expensive trainers for sports. So that is really an absurd view point.
Children will get bullied because they are picked on by bullies, because of the insecurity of bullies to pick on people whether they are well off or poor

To say a uniform is going to stop bullying is not tackling the problem of bullying itself, but pushing it to one side, as it fails to tackle whey some are bullies

School uniforms, are a form of control that teach nothing but to regiment children to looking the same, when what is far better is for people to understand diversity in dress being as we now have so many ethnic groups, where children grow up normalizing those cultural clothes

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:44 pm

Didge wrote:How are they a good thing when many other schools have pupils excel without them?

Dress codes are so dated and as seen make absurd restrictions on girls, that are unecessary

I just said why I think they're a good thing. It's nothing to do with pupils excelling. There's more to school than excelling.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:How are they a good thing when many other schools have pupils excel without them?

I just said why I think they're a good thing. It's nothing to do with pupils excelling. There's more to school than excelling.

And many schools excel without an uniform

So again that is a very moot point

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's nothing to do with schools excelling either.

We'll just have to disagree about this one - I'm not going to change my mind.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Never said you had to change your mind Rags

I am reasoning why they are not needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Never said you had to change your mind Rags

I am reasoning why they are not needed

I disagree with you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:53 pm

I know you do Rags, which is fine that you do disagree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Didge wrote:A kid can still come to school with expensive shoes and the same expensive trainers for sports. So that is really an absurd view point.
Children will get bullied because they are picked on by bullies, because of the insecurity of bullies to pick on people whether they are well off or poor

To say a uniform is going to stop bullying is not tackling the problem of bullying itself, but pushing it to one side, as it fails to tackle whey some are bullies

School uniforms, are a form of control that teach nothing but to regiment children to looking the same, when what is far better is for people to understand diversity in dress being as we now have so many ethnic groups, where children grow up normalizing those cultural clothes
i did not say it would stop bullying per say but a consistent dress code removes a reason and just as a point shoes/pumps That are worn in PE is a part of the dress code so no they cant use expensive trainers in sports

i couldn`t at my school when i was a kid or my kids at there school
if you did not have the correct "pumps" it was bear feet  and a note to the parents

Last edited by korban dallas on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:00 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Do you know repeated bullying at school is one of the main reasons why students fall for depression and end up attempting suicide? Bullying can be controlled to a considerable level through implementation of school uniform policy. Students who can’t afford expensive or designer clothing are often an easy target to bullying. There are some students who don’t give too much importance on their dressing and are careless towards what they should and shouldn’t wear at school; Nerds, you may call them are also prime targets of bullying.

Now imagine a Richie Rich, a nerd and a son of a plumber all dressed up in a school uniform. Equality is the word that is coming to mind, right? That is exactly what school uniform tends to achieve. It creates a sense of equality and prevents repeated bullying at school.

Uniforms play a vital role in reducing peer pressure and raise the level of acceptability. Students in uniform feel united and connected.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:02 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:School uniforms are a good thing IMO - it stops girls competing with each other to see who can be most "trendy".

I agree School uniforms are a good thing and the reasoning behind them nowadays is i think that kids coming to school with £100 trainers and designer clothes tends to be a reason that kids who parents can`t afford such things get  bullied as raggs has pointed out, but it`s not confined to girls

Agree with you both

And this girl said she felt uncomfortable kneeling down "particularly in a dress"

Hmmmm. Why's that then??? Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:06 pm

I understand many things about bullying Korben, but you again miss the point that uniforms do not make a blind bit of difference when it comes to when bullies will bully other children.
Again by saying this will stop or prevent bullying is a falsehood, as its just trying to attempt to push bullying to one side and not actually deal with bullies themselves.
What you fail to grasp is kids have to learn to grow up with others who look different to them, whether that be ethnically, religiously, cultural, socially on every level so that it is normalized. You tackle problems like bullying by stamping down and having a zero tolerance of them at school.

A poor kid is going to be seen outside school in his less expensive clothes, where if wearing in school and normalized where bullying is not tolerated is going to lesson the chances of that child being bullied outside school.

Uniforms makes everyone look the same, when we are all fundamentally different
They are not toy soldiers, but children

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Uniforms help bring about a sense of unity in a school, a sense of "team"

Uniforms must be a good thing or the army and other huge forces wouldn't wear them.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:08 pm

I find it extraordinary that some people can't understand the benefits of a school uniform.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I find it extraordinary that some people can't understand the benefits of a school uniform.

So do I
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:11 pm

eddie wrote:Uniforms help bring about a sense of unity in a school, a sense of "team"

Uniforms must be a good thing or the army and other huge forces wouldn't wear them.

That's right, and a lot of schoolgirls are united in their dislike for the school uniform. The idea of a teenage schoolgirl having to choose something different to wear to school every day, and appearing trendy at all times in front of her peers, doesn't bear thinking about. They're at school to learn, not take part in a fashion show.

I'm glad we had a uniform.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:11 pm

What benefits?

As seen what is better

Children growing up around seeing children as they are also out of school in many forms of dress, whether religiously, cultural, social etc, or seeing the same in the same uniform everyday?

So how is that benefit over normalizing how many different ethnic people look out of school?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:12 pm

eddie wrote:Uniforms help bring about a sense of unity in a school, a sense of "team"

So schools that do not have a uniform do not have a send of team

Sorry Eddie, that is poor

The only thing uniforms do is show what school that child represents outside of school for good or bad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:13 pm

Didge wrote:I understand many things about bullying Korben, but you again miss the point that uniforms do not make a blind bit of difference when it comes to when bullies will bully other children.
Again by saying this will stop or prevent bullying is a falsehood, as its just trying to attempt to push bullying to one side and not actually deal with bullies themselves.
What you fail to grasp is kids have to learn to grow up with others who look different to them, whether that be ethnically, religiously, cultural, socially on every level so that it is normalized. You tackle problems like bullying by stamping down and having a zero tolerance of them at school.

A poor kid is going to be seen outside school in his less expensive clothes, where if wearing in school and normalized where bullying is not tolerated is going to lesson the chances of that child being bullied outside school.

yes of course because we disagree we all miss the point because of course you know many things about bullying let me guess you "read a book "

well i did not read a book i actually experienced it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:14 pm

School uniform improves pupils' behaviour both in and out of school

By LAURA CLARK

Last updated at 00:33 10 July 2007

Wearing a uniform improves pupils' behaviour both inside and outside school, a study suggests.

Having a uniform helps to reduce bullying in school, makes children better behaved outside the school gates and even aids concentration in class, researchers said.

Pupils at schools without uniform codes were liable to be bullied for the way they dressed, the study found.

Teenagers who took part in the Oxford Brookes University survey said dress codes acted as a social leveller and reduced the risk of children being picked on for wearing "weird" clothes.

Youngsters also admitted they were less likely to misbehave outside the premises because their uniform instantly identified their school.

Pupils were more conscious of their behaviour in public and aware that "old ladies will ring up and report it if you've dropped an apple core in the street".

Others noticed that security guards were more likely to follow children around shops if they were wearing their uniforms.

Professor Margaret Harris, who led the study, said uniforms "often directly contributed to a feeling of school pride, which they did not want to compromise by misbehaving outside the school gate".

She added: "The easy identification also acted as an important preventative factor." Overall, pupils favoured uniforms because they instilled a sense of pride in the school and prevented them having to choose fashionable outfits each morning.

Professor Harris, head of the psychology department at Oxford Brookes, added: "Students tended to be most in favour of smart and distinctive school uniforms."

Pupils at one school without a compulsory dress code hankered after a "proper uniform - with matching socks and blazers".

But one pupil from a school perceived as "posh" voiced concerns that they became more attractive targets for muggers because "people expect you to have a fancier phone or more money".

Ministers have been keen to encourage uniforms but as many as one in five schools does not have them.

The Government has also said schools should scrap exclusive deals with uniform suppliers and ensure clothing is widely available on the High Street or at supermarkets.

This will enable parents to take advantage of massive savings on uniforms offered by supermarkets and over the Internet, but there have been warnings that it could spell the end of distinctive uniforms steeped in tradition, for example sweaters with crests.

The Oxford Brookes study, which involved interviews with 13 to 17-year-olds at a range of schools in Oxford, found they welcomed uniforms because they stop "some pupils wearing Ralph Lauren school jumpers".

One participant said: "There cannot be any, 'Let's group up and laugh at the weird person'."

In schools without uniforms, "students tended to adopt one of a series of dress codes labelled chavs, skaters and preps - and were seen as part of that group". Chavs are known for wearing fake designer sportswear and ostentatious jewellery, while skaters refers to skateboarders. Preps dress more smartly, for example in polo shirts, and boys may have floppy hair.

Girls particularly appreciated uniforms because they prevented male classmates and teachers considering their dress inappropriate and removed a potential source of harassment.

Uniforms were also claimed to improve behaviour in lessons themselves. Pupils reported being more focused on their work because a significant distraction - whether their clothes were "cool" enough - had been removed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-467353/School-uniform-improves-pupils-behaviour-school.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:14 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:I understand many things about bullying Korben, but you again miss the point that uniforms do not make a blind bit of difference when it comes to when bullies will bully other children.

yes of course because we disagree we all miss the point because of  course you know many things about bullying  let me guess you "read a book "

Immature reply, grow up

I am not going to put up again with you acting out on just a reply to you

If you think my points are wrong reason them, do not make this personal as you do every time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:16 pm

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2012/03/14/uniforms-wont-stop-school-bullies-experts-say

School uniform does not improve results

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2011/jan/18/school-uniform-results

School uniforms don't change behavior, just opinions -- study

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/article/19960809/news/308099960

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

That's right, and a lot of schoolgirls are united in their dislike for the school uniform. The idea of a teenage schoolgirl having to choose something different to wear to school every day, and appearing trendy at all times in front of her peers, doesn't bear thinking about. They're at school to learn, not take part in a fashion show.

I'm glad we had a uniform
me too raggs
i then went on to where a uniform for many years Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:19 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
yes of course because we disagree we all miss the point because of  course you know many things about bullying  let me guess you "read a book "

Immature reply, grow up

If you think my points are wrong reason them, do not make this personal as you do every time
you know didge is a uformisum for a prick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:20 pm

Well I wore a Uniform as did all my brothers that went to St Josephs College in Beulah Hill in South London and it did nothing to stop my brother two years older than me being bullied daily, of which I often got into fights over protecting him from.

The uniform did not make a blind bit of difference

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:20 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

Immature reply, grow up

you know didge is a uformisum for a prick

Immature reply, grow up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:24 pm

Didge wrote:
Well I wore a Uniform as did all my brothers that went to St Josephs College in Beulah Hill in South London and it did nothing to stop my brother two years older than me being bullied daily, of which I often got into fights over protecting him from.

maybe he was a sancatmonise Know it all ass like you who knows
and  i did not claim it would stop bullying i said and many experts agree that it removes a reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:26 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

many he was a sancatmonise ass like you who knows i did not claim it would stop bullying i said and many experts agree that it removes a reason

Not even worth entertaining such vile hatred

The fact you have no idea why he was bullied and that he tried to commit suicide twice over this is disgusting on every level

You tackle bullying at its core and unbelieveable you would even attempt to justify bullying itself

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:29 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
many he was a sancatmonise ass like you who knows i did not claim it would stop bullying i said and many experts agree that it removes a reason

The fact you have no idea why he was bullied and that he tried to commit suicide twice over this is disgusting on every level

You tackle bullying at its core and unbelieveable you would even attempt to justify bullying itself
OMFG your a prick mate you brought your brother in to this not me ,now you try to use a suicide attempt to bolster your argument
thats just fucking disgusting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:31 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

OMFG your a prick mate you brought your brother in to this not me ,now you try to use a suicide attempt to bolster your argument

I brought him up as an example through the experience he dealt with and what I also had to help deal with his experience which you decided then to further mock and attempt to justify bullying itself and all because you have some petty grudge against me

Grow up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:39 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

I brought him up as an example through the experience he dealt with and what I also had to help deal with his experience which you decided then to further mock and attempt to justify bullying itself and all because you have some petty grudge against me

Grow up

justify bullying ? that`s just complete ass hole bullshit accusation although we expect from you ,what i am sick of is the constant denigration you give to everybody on this forum who disagrees with you

quite frankly you a sanctimonious didge who thinks everybody elses opinion is worth nothing
and they you go again assigning motives to others because of your own insecurity's

QUITE !!! sad really

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:44 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

Grow up

justify bullying ? that`s just complete ass hole bullshit accusation although we expect from you ,what i am sick of is the constant denigration you give to everybody who disagrees with you

quite frankly you a sanctimonious didge who thinks everybody elses opinion is worth nothing
and they you go again assigning motives to others because of your own insecurity's

QUITE !!! sad really

Saying "maybe he was a sanctimonious ass" is justifying bullying by then making a view someone deserves that bullying
I have not been nasty to anyone at all this year and reason my points, which it seems a heinous crime to you, where I am not concerned what you want to call me. You can call me what you like, as its just words at the end of the day, but to use where someone has been bullied and go off a dislike of me, is poor to say the least to make the comment that you did

You then further lie and claiming that to me "everybody" else opinions is worth nothing, which is false on every level, which is now again you turning once again a thread into p[personal bout again, over only me having a difference of opinion to where you brought into the debate uniforms and bullying of which have no bearing on stop bullying.

Grow up

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:03 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
justify bullying ? that`s just complete ass hole bullshit accusation although we expect from you ,what i am sick of is the constant denigration you give to everybody who disagrees with you

QUITE !!! sad really

Saying "maybe he was a sanctimonious ass" is justifying bullying by then making a view someone deserves that bullying
I have not been nasty to anyone at all this year and reason my points, which it seems a heinous crime to you, where I am not concerned what you want to call me. You can call me what you like, as its just words at the end of the day, but to use where someone has been bullied and go off a dislike of me, is poor to say the least to make the comment that you did

You then further lie and claiming that to me "everybody" else opinions is worth nothing, which is false on every level, which is now again you turning once again a thread into p[personal bout again, over only me having a difference of opinion to where you brought into the debate uniforms and bullying of which have no bearing on stop bullying.

Grow up
bullshit its justifying bullying

and you spend your days on hear telling people how they are wrong with accusations of ,immature childish,poor , hate ect ect so false on every level hardly

i was bullied every day almost at school so much so i became a librarian so i did not have to go home at the same time as everybody else
i was bullied for my red hair ,my glasses,my bucked teeth but never for what i was wearing because we ALL wore the same uniform
they are many reasons kids get bullied and a way to stop that is to remove the reason ie conformity of dress

so your wrong a uniform it is addressing one reason  

i used to be like you i thought i knew it all but then i grew up you should try it

are you a parent didge ? have you ever had your child come home upset because they where bullied at school
kids are nasty y they where in my day they are now and any measure that removes the causes of bullying is a good thing
ie a dress code that everybody has to follow

Last edited by korban dallas on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Stormee wrote:I wore a uniform at school and  for 30 years after, was proud to do so.

WHY do some schoolgirlz wear a white buttoned up shirt with a collar and tie? the same az the boyz
dam straight and so you should be .......services ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:13 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

Grow up
bullshit its justifying bullying

and you spend your days on hear telling people how they are wrong with accusations of ,immature childish,poor , hate ect ect so false on every level hardly

i was bullied every day almost at school so much so i became a librarian so i did not have to go home at the same time as everybody else
i was bullied for my red hair ,my glasses,my bucked teeth but never for what i was wearing because we ALL wore the same uniform
they are many reasons kids get bullied and a way to stop that is to remove the reason ie conformity

so your wrong a uniform it is addressing one reason  

i used to be like you i thought i knew it all but then i grew up you should try it

are you a parent didge ? have you ever had your child come home upset because they where bullied at school
kids are nasty y they where in my day they are now and any measure that removes the causes of bullying is a good thing
ie a dress code that everybody has to follow

No I simply tell people they are immature if they are abusive as you have been yet again today
At no point have I told people they are immature for having a difference of opinion

Look you made a vile comment and have not the decency to say sorry is up to you Korben, as all can read what you said

I am also sorry to hear you were bullied, as nobody deserves bullying, especially at the time of their life, when they are children

Again this is not about me Korben, where I do not think I know everything, which again I would happily concede to you on many technical debates, as that is not something I am good at. So again, all I am seeing is more what you do not like is where I reason my points well. If you disagree with them, that is fine, it just means you think you are right also

Uniforms, do not help bullying because it does not normalize how kids look out of school, where again many people come from different ethnic groups, religious groups, social groups, etc, where it makes for a more acceptable environment to be around this than making all uniformed. Again thinking this tackles bullying by removing an aspect is failing the victims of bullying itself, because the bullying has not been dealt with. The point to tackle bullying is that it is removed altogether, not something that can be used to bully someone with. 

So your claims to thinking you know me are far removed and again I have learn from people on these forums, which would be impossible if I though I knew everything

You need to get over why you dislike me, because its evident that you do by all the views you make of me.
Learn to move on and accept people will differ in their views to you on a topic. Rags told me she disagreed and I accepted she disagreed, where both of us think we are right on the matter which is going to be the case where two people disagree on something, which is very normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:16 pm

oh and by the way it was you that started with the insults
calling my/our by extension view an "absurd view point"

another denigrating comment of peoples view

you reap what you sew

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:18 pm

That is not an insult, where I find something ridiculous, as that is my view over an opinion you have

You really are over sensitive if you think that is an insult, which I doubt many would agree is an insult

So the comments you made about my brother was deserving based off saying I though something said was absurd

Wow

Has to be the worst justification ever to something vile said

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Didge wrote:A kid can still come to school with expensive shoes and the same expensive trainers for sports. So that is really an absurd view point.

lol apparently the above highlight is an insult when it is factual in regards to shoe ware

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:24 pm

Didge wrote:

So schools that do not have a uniform do not have a send of team

Sorry Eddie, that is poor

The only thing uniforms do is show what school that child represents outside of school for good or bad

Exactly! Take your last sentence and think about it!

A child is instantly recognisable: if they're doing wrong outside of school, a person can reprt them to the school.
Likewise if their behaviour is exemplary.

I recently rang a school to compliment their students how polite they were on a bus I was on, offering their seats to me and my daughter and a friend and her daughter.

Uniform tells us we are part of something and that we represent something.

In this story in the OP though, I have to say I have no problem with her dress length.
She looks quite respectable to me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next