NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short - Page 3 Empty Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:37 am

First topic message reminder :

A 17-year-old schoolgirl was allegedly forced her to kneel down by her headmaster so he could measure her dress. Amanda Durbin, a student at Edmonson County High School in Kentucky, chose to wear a red and black jumper dress, measuring five inches above the knee, with leggings to classes last week, WBKO reports. She was called to the headmaster’s office after the dress was thought to be too revealing where, Miss Durbin claims, she was told to kneel on the ground so her headmaster could measure how far her dress fell from the floor. The student admitted she was uncomfortable kneeling in front of Principal Tommy Hodges and requested her parents to be present. Ms Durbin said it took her parents two hours to arrive at the school, during which time she was allegedly prohibited from attending lessons.

“I didn’t really appreciate having to get down on my knees, especially while I was in a dress,” she told BuzzFeed News. “It did make me feel a little embarrassed, a little insecure.” Miss Durbin’s dress was initially measured at five inches – within the school code – however, when asked to walk across the room with her hands in the air and then be measured again, the dress fell at eight inches, and she was asked to go home. Mr Hodges told WBKO everyone was aware of the school’s dress code, and many boys have been cited for ripped jeans.

“If the gap between the floor and the garment is more than six inches it’s out of dress code,” he told the station, adding that parents agree on and sign off the dress code at the beginning of the school year. Miss Durbin said wearing the dress was a “mature protest” over what she felt was an unfair dress code at the school.
“It was kind of a protest, but it was a mature protest,” she told Buzzfeed.
Miss Durbin said she has received some disapproval from her classmates for speaking out about the incident, but says she is proud of herself for protesting. “I’m hoping other girls will realise that you’re not some object,” she said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/teenage-school-girl-forced-to-get-on-knees-because-her-skirt-was-too-short-a6828016.html

Yes because we naturally walk with are hands in the air. WTF

Completely agree with her stand that girls should not be treated as objects

I also think school uniforms or dress codes are utterly daft and backward

Back to top Go down

Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short - Page 3 Empty Re: Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:34 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

I suppose this is not confrontational Korben?
then take it up with her as i took it up with you but

however i would say people who live in glass houses best not throw bricks because some times they get thrown back  

lol I am not bothered that she did, I am pointing out your double standards

Seriously move on, its boring now

Back to top Go down

Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short - Page 3 Empty Re: Teenage school girl 'forced to get on knees' because her skirt was too short

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
what they might wear outside school is irrelevant that is there choice what
i wore when not on duty was irrelevant  

but when on duty i had to follow the rules because that reflected on the service same with school uniform
and i think i am with raggs on this one (who knew xx ) you have your opinion and that`s fine
so i will leave it at that

Eh?

You are talking about the Navy now, do they have Navy units that do not have uniform?

What they wear outside school which is different to western clothes is very relevant to cohesion to normalize what they wear with children
it was a comparison the navy was a organised structure in many ways just like a school
i was a prefect and a librarian and had a house badge with a lapel badge to denote that distinction just like ranks in the navy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:40 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

Eh?

You are talking about the Navy now, do they have Navy units that do not have uniform?

What they wear outside school which is different to western clothes is very relevant to cohesion to normalize what they wear with children
it was a comparison the navy was a organised structure in many ways just like a school
i was a prefect and a librarian and had a house badge with a lapel badge to denote that distinction just like ranks in the navy  

Its not a comparison though is it Korben?

Many Schools now do not have uniforms, and are thus unnecessary

Uniforms are different for certain jobs to distinguish people in

Like the Police, so you recognize them, same with a train staff member

Do you need to recognize a kid in school by wearing a uniform?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:43 pm

In fact there is only one genuine situation where a uniform would be helpful if wearing outside of school.

Can anyone think what it could be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
then take it up with her as i took it up with you but

however i would say people who live in glass houses best not throw bricks because some times they get thrown back  

Move on ? .........then don`t ask a implicit question that one presumes you require a reply to  and when you get that reply get all indignant and tell me to move on
you asked i replied

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:47 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

Move on ? .........then don`t ask questions that asks a implicit question that one presumes you require a reply to  and when you get that reply get all indignant and tell me to move on
you asked i replied

PMSL, it was you that jumped in off the back of a post I made to rags, ignoring things she had said, thus showing double standards

Seriously you are getting tedious, because you simply will not move on lol

iI will make it easier for you and just ignore any further irrelevant continuation you make on this matter on this thread

That will put an end to it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

exactly the same as a school uniform

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:48 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Didge wrote:

exactly the same as a school uniform

How do they need to be distinguished in whether inside or outside school?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:50 pm

Didge wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Move on ? .........then don`t ask questions that asks a implicit question that one presumes you require a reply to  and when you get that reply get all indignant and tell me to move on
you asked i replied

PMSL, it was you that jumped in off the back of a post I made to rags, ignoring things she had said, thus showing double standards

Seriously you are getting tedious, because you simply will not move on lol

iI will make it easier for you and just ignore any further irrelevant continuation you make on this matter on this thread

That will put an end to it lol
who knew there is a god

ps
once again denigrating comment you cant help your self can you(highlighted )

to be honest your the boring one (your words)

Last edited by korban dallas on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Anyway back to the topic of the article, where I think its ridiculous to measure a girls skirt

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:16 am

Didge, teenagers do not wear clothes from tesco and Primark.
They mostly want some kind of designer clothes and whether parents like it or not, that's what they want.

So all you have if there's no uniform, is kids wearing expensive clothes to school.

And yes, I know it's wrong and shallow and kids should wear woolly juniors their gran's knitted and their dads old trousers, that's not the real world anymore.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:09 am

eddie wrote:Didge, teenagers do not wear clothes from tesco and Primark.
They mostly want some kind of designer clothes and whether parents like it or not, that's what they want.

So all you have if there's no uniform, is kids wearing expensive clothes to school.

And yes, I know it's wrong and shallow and kids should wear woolly juniors their gran's knitted and their dads old trousers, that's not the real world anymore.

But you still miss the point they will; have these clothes already before even attending school and no not all kids have designer clothes Eddie that simple is a myth, or you must live in a world where weak parents do. Not only that we have a thing called the Designer Outlet where such clothes are cheap
So no you do not just have kids wearing expensive s clothes going to school, as may I suggest you talk to some who actually do have children not in uniforms needed that do. 

Which is irrelevant anyway, as they will have these clothes already before attending school and still that means the uniform is an added expense,  do you not see that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3