NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

+11
HoratioTarr
Fuzzy Zack
SEXY MAMA
nicko
stardesk
Eilzel
Tommy Monk
veya_victaous
eddie
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
15 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 3 Empty A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2015 10:03 am

First topic message reminder :

May
Luke 13:11
And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.
Imagine being bowed over for 18 years. All you would see is the dust on the ground. That was the predicament of the woman in Luke 13. Dust was all her eyes fell on, all the time, everywhere she went, until she became dust-conscious. Thank God she finally saw the beautiful feet of Jesus, who brought her good news and raised her up.

Now, dust is the devil’s food. The Bible tells us that God cursed the devil to eat dust all the days of his life. (Genesis 3:14) Dust represents death. (Genesis 3:19) The devil wants you to be like him—to fall flat on your belly, crawl and eat dust. To eat dust is to feed on your shortcomings and lack, until you constantly feel that there is so much in your life that you need to clean up. You may not be physically bowed over, but like the woman, you become dust-conscious and life every day is a struggle.

Having a dust-consciousness also affects the way you see others. You look at people’s faults all the time. You point out their shortcomings and rake up their past failures. When you are dust-conscious, you find your relationships robbed of peace and joy.

And if you, like the woman, keep looking at the dust, before long, that inward position of dust-consciousness becomes so entrenched that you become the devil’s food because dust is what he eats. God’s Word describes him as being like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:Cool

If you don’t want to be devoured by him, then lift your eyes above the dust! Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat. See yourself the way God sees you—righteous and holy in Christ. (Colossians 3:12; 2 Corinthians 5:21) You are not dust because you are not in and of the flesh—you are in and of the Spirit. (Romans 8:9)

My friend, the more you realize who you are in Christ, the more you will straighten up and walk the way God sees you—a new creation with His authority, power and overcoming Spirit!

Thought For The Day
Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat.

Back to top Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 3 Empty Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by eddie Thu May 14, 2015 6:04 pm

darknessss wrote:gotta say that doesnt surprise me seeing a sikh doing this ...

honourable and kindly folk in general.....

Hindus are also very peace-loving too.
But then, there are also peace-loving Muslims too
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 3 Empty Re: A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you..

Post by eddie Thu May 14, 2015 6:07 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Naughty Ben. I'm not going to take the piss on that thread - that's because I'm nicer than you. Laughing

would be a nice place if Ben were a nicer person

Nicer.

He is leaps and bounds nicer than you will ever have the hope of ever understanding the comprehension of the word.

For fuck sake, you are guest here, learn some humilty and respect for the fact that you are.

Pardon? Oh leave off didge! We all argue and debate and get silly!
Are you saying that because Ben is admin no one is supposed to have a negative opinion about him?
You, yourself, have had some seriously bad run-ins with him.

Fine, you may not like Vod or HF but that statement was just plain stupid. Sorry.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 6:21 pm

eddie wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Nicer.

He is leaps and bounds nicer than you will ever have the hope of ever understanding the comprehension of the word.

For fuck sake, you are guest here, learn some humilty and respect for the fact that you are.

Pardon? Oh leave off didge! We all argue and debate and get silly!
Are you saying that because Ben is admin no one is supposed to have a negative opinion about him?
You, yourself, have had some  seriously bad run-ins with him.

Fine, you may not like Vod or HF but that statement was just plain stupid. Sorry.

Leave off?

And you are saying I cannot defend him now?
Oh my goodness Eddie, forgive me for defending and countering what I see as a poor view, I did not know this broke "your" rules.
I do not have a dislike or anyone so wrong again Eddie, I will however speak out to poor comments and frankly, if you do not like that, tough.
So my comment was bang on when I see a poster who's views include thinking it is okay to be racist, think vulnerable children are whores, a complete contradiction to every so called claim to that person being a Christian.
So my statement is bang on unless of course you think such views are nice of course?
I see you not rushing onto another thread where a poster is being deliberately targeted, but then its sassy is fair game to you, as an Admin.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t9505-rose-rose-i-love-you#183010

Whens it people you really like, your impartiality disappears in a flash.

Its a miracle, praise Jesus.

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 3 2794048296

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 14, 2015 6:28 pm

erm, my question still stands:
why do they have to be nice to Ben because he's admin?

Read back what you said. Own it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 14, 2015 6:29 pm

"For fuck sake, you are guest here, learn some humilty and respect for the fact that you are."

Perhaps you need to remember that too, don't be a hypocrite.
We are all "guests" are we not?

And I won't be nice to someone because it's his forum.
How insulting to Ben for a start!!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 6:32 pm

eddie wrote:erm, my question still stands:
why do they have to be nice to Ben because he's admin?

Read back what you said. Own it.

Nobody has to be nice, where did I claim otherwise, where does it say, I cannot defend back? Where does it say I cannot prove that person is being a complete hypocrite Eddie, just as you are being now?
Again do you think it is nice to call young girls whores?
Do you think it is nice to be racist?
You tell me, because its seems you want to make a mockery of being impartial and where is your views to speak out on a thread started to mock sassy?

Come on Eddie, stop coming out with really poor excuses an answer?

What you are saying they do not have to be nice, but I do.

Complete gobbledygook and a complete contradiction

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 14, 2015 6:32 pm

"Seriously I love how people think they can run forums they are guests on"

???????

Works both ways, all ways, my way, your way.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 6:32 pm

eddie wrote:"Seriously I love how people think they can run forums they are guests on"

???????

Works both ways, all ways, my way, your way.

Nobody has to be nice, where did I claim otherwise, where does it say, I cannot defend back? Where does it say I cannot prove that person is being a complete hypocrite Eddie, just as you are being now?
Again do you think it is nice to call young girls whores?
Do you think it is nice to be racist?
You tell me, because its seems you want to make a mockery of being impartial and where is your views to speak out on a thread started to mock sassy?

Come on Eddie, stop coming out with really poor excuses an answer?

What you are saying they do not have to be nice, but I do.

Complete gobbledygook and a complete contradiction

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Okay. Whatever.
Not going round in circles with you.

You don't half contradict yourself though.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 6:35 pm

eddie wrote:"For fuck sake, you are guest here, learn some humilty and respect for the fact that you are."

Perhaps you need to remember that too, don't be a hypocrite.
We are all "guests" are we not?

And I won't be nice to someone because it's his forum.
How insulting to Ben for a start!!

Yes I am a guest of which I do not deny offered an admin role way before which I did not take, because of the fact people would think I would be unfair, so being fair I turned down the role, which now you are showing poor impartiality.
It works both ways, you called me out claiming I am not being nice saying they do not have to be nice, thus being a complete hypocrite.

So its okay for them to not be nice, but I have to bow to your hypocrisy

So again, why are you failing to speak out on other threads Eddie, is it because I really am making you look a tad silly here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 6:37 pm

eddie wrote:Okay. Whatever.
Not going round in circles with you.

You don't half contradict yourself though.

I think you will find I just proved you contradicted yourself and where being utterly biased.

So yeah, think before you post and again , I never broke any rule here, so are you not over stepping your powers Eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Oops, I just did. I guess they'll have to summon the same inner strength you obviously have ... I would suggest looking to your faith in these times of darkness.

Naughty Ben. I'm not going to take the piss on that thread - that's because I'm nicer than you. Laughing

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

“Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.’ You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? You also say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gift on the altar is bound by that oath.’ You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? Therefore, anyone who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. And anyone who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. And anyone who swears by heaven swears by God’s throne and by the one who sits on it.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!

“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

- Jesus
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Oh shut up Ben.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 6:46 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

“Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.’ You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? You also say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gift on the altar is bound by that oath.’ You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? Therefore, anyone who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. And anyone who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. And anyone who swears by heaven swears by God’s throne and by the one who sits on it.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’  So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!

“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

- Jesus

Ben, I am shocked, be warned, the Seraphim called Eddie will descend upon you proclaiming:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you."

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 7:46 pm

I love God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 14, 2015 7:51 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:10
May
Luke 13:11
And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.
Imagine being bowed over for 18 years. All you would see is the dust on the ground. That was the predicament of the woman in Luke 13. Dust was all her eyes fell on, all the time, everywhere she went, until she became dust-conscious. Thank God she finally saw the beautiful feet of Jesus, who brought her good news and raised her up.

Now, dust is the devil’s food. The Bible tells us that God cursed the devil to eat dust all the days of his life. (Genesis 3:14) Dust represents death. (Genesis 3:19) The devil wants you to be like him—to fall flat on your belly, crawl and eat dust. To eat dust is to feed on your shortcomings and lack, until you constantly feel that there is so much in your life that you need to clean up. You may not be physically bowed over, but like the woman, you become dust-conscious and life every day is a struggle.

Having a dust-consciousness also affects the way you see others. You look at people’s faults all the time. You point out their shortcomings and rake up their past failures. When you are dust-conscious, you find your relationships robbed of peace and joy.

And if you, like the woman, keep looking at the dust, before long, that inward position of dust-consciousness becomes so entrenched that you become the devil’s food because dust is what he eats. God’s Word describes him as being like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:Cool

If you don’t want to be devoured by him, then lift your eyes above the dust! Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat. See yourself the way God sees you—righteous and holy in Christ. (Colossians 3:12; 2 Corinthians 5:21) You are not dust because you are not in and of the flesh—you are in and of the Spirit. (Romans 8:9)

My friend, the more you realize who you are in Christ, the more you will straighten up and walk the way God sees you—a new creation with His authority, power and overcoming Spirit!

Thought For The Day
Instead of looking at your failures, look to Christ who has delivered you from every defeat.

That is a lovely thought for the day... in fact it should be a thought for every day.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 8:53 pm

Shady wrote:I love God.

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 14, 2015 10:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh shut up Ben.

All I did was quote Jesus, so who are you really telling to shut up? Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 15, 2015 7:09 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Ben, you are using VOD's faith as a stick to beat her with, you know you are. You now have another member which is doing the same thing by changing his name in that manner. You seem to care what people think about this forum, so would you really want people to think this is the sort of forum where people of faith are mocked and sneered at?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 15, 2015 7:35 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Ben, you are using VOD's faith as a stick to beat her with, you know you are. You now have another member which is doing the same thing by changing his name in that manner. You seem to care what people think about this forum, so would you really want people to think this is the sort of forum where people of faith are mocked and sneered at?

I see the whole picture, not just the bashing. I have always said (and Lucifer has, too) that I respect the right of all people to their own beliefs -- and it would make me a lot more upset to see anybody trying to take away that right than it would make me to see someone being a faithful Christian.

I just have a problem with treating certain beliefs as sacrosanct and above criticism and question, and that is not what this forum is for. We're not here to tiptoe around touchy subjects, we're here to debate prickly questions, like does being Islamic (or black, or American, or white, or British) make you inherently more or less violent or evil; does being gay make you unnatural; does being an atheist make you morally bankrupt; or does being religious make any logical sense.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 15, 2015 7:40 am

Ben would you care if I changed my name to "Mohammed prince of darkness" or "Winston king of stolen cars"?

Where do we draw the line?

Personally, I don't care about didge's name, I find it odd that someone would,want to make a point so badly, but it doesn't bother me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 15, 2015 7:44 am

eddie wrote:Ben would you care if I changed my name to "Mohammed prince of darkness" or "Winston king of stolen cars"?

Personally, I don't care about didge's name, I find it odd that someone would,want to make a point so badly, but it doesn't bother me.

People here bash Muslims and black people all the time. Smelly used to talk about how every dead Muslim made the world a better place!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 15, 2015 8:04 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Ben would you care if I changed my name to "Mohammed prince of darkness" or "Winston king of stolen cars"?

People here bash Muslims and black people all the time. Smelly used to talk about how every dead Muslim made the world a better place!

Well who on here is a Muslim who feels that people are using their faith as a stick to beat them with?

The point is that VOD and HF are members here, and a lot of the comments are personally directed at them. I've had negative comments directed at me too simply because I'm a Christian, even though I very rarely talk about my personal faith.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 15, 2015 8:08 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I see the whole picture, not just the bashing. I have always said (and Lucifer has, too) that I respect the right of all people to their own beliefs -- and it would make me a lot more upset to see anybody trying to take away that right than it would make me to see someone being a faithful Christian.

I just have a problem with treating certain beliefs as sacrosanct and above criticism and question, and that is not what this forum is for. We're not here to tiptoe around touchy subjects, we're here to debate prickly questions, like does being Islamic (or black, or American, or white, or British) make you inherently more or less violent or evil; does being gay make you unnatural; does being an atheist make you morally bankrupt; or does being religious make any logical sense.

You don't really apply your own views across the board though. You don't tend to criticise Islam much, but you are very critical of Christianity, and I'm sorry, but I do think you poke at HF and VOD because of their personal faith. You would never have done that to SM, for example.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 15, 2015 8:18 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You don't really apply your own views across the board though. You don't tend to criticise Islam much, but you are very critical of Christianity, and I'm sorry, but I do think you poke at HF and VOD because of their personal faith. You would never have done that to SM, for example.

My gripes with HF and VOD have had very, very little to do with their faith.

I tend not to talk about Islam as much because I don't know it inside and out like I do Christianity. I don't know how to take Islam as a whole and judge the actions of individual Muslims within the context of their culture, except of course with violent acts. With Christians, I know how the Bible tells them to act and will call them out when they preach it to the rest of us but ignore it and act anyway they want to in their own lives.

I do think Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Vishnu, that snake thing Veya talks about, etc., are equally silly, though. I also don't believe in ghosts, psychic powers, etc. And I think people who say they're agnostics are just trying not to be on anyone's bad side.

If there's anything else you want to know about me, feel free to ask -- I'm a fascinating topic Wink
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 15, 2015 8:23 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I tend not to talk about Islam as much because I don't know it inside and out like I do Christianity. I don't know how to take Islam as a whole and judge the actions of individual Muslims within the context of their culture, except of course with violent acts. With Christians, I know how the Bible tells them to act and will call them out when they preach it to the rest of us but ignore it and act anyway they want to in their own lives.

I do think Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Vishnu, that snake thing Veya talks about, etc., are equally silly, though. I also don't believe in ghosts, psychic powers, etc. And I think people who say they're agnostics are just trying not to be on anyone's bad side.

If there's anything else you want to know about me, feel free to ask -- I'm a fascinating topic Wink

All I'm saying is that there are negative comments directed at HF and VOD about their faith even when they're not talking about it. Someone started a thread about it - darknesss I think. Perhaps people could just tone it down a bit?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 15, 2015 8:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

All I'm saying is that there are negative comments directed at HF and VOD about their faith even when they're not talking about it. Someone started a thread about it - darknesss I think. Perhaps people could just tone it down a bit?

I wouldn't mind it one bit if people backed WAY off all the personal stuff here, as I've pleaded endlessly to no avail. As seen tonight, though, it seems people really have a passion for it. Apparently there's only so far you can disagree with someone before you just have to call them a poopyhead ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 15, 2015 8:32 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I wouldn't mind it one bit if people backed WAY off all the personal stuff here, as I've pleaded endlessly to no avail. As seen tonight, though, it seems people really have a passion for it. Apparently there's only so far you can disagree with someone before you just have to call them a poopyhead ...

Well you have the buttons, so if you ask for something to stop and you're ignored, you could always delete posts.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 15, 2015 8:37 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well you have the buttons, so if you ask for something to stop and you're ignored, you could always delete posts.

You inspired me to make a "call for respect and civility." I know a lot of stuff happened tonight but, in all excuse-making for myself, I had two photo assignments today (which I gave myself, the rotten slavemaster that I am).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 8:45 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Rags it works both ways and as seen my non-belief gets mocked, from where they have called me self righteous, tot he appalling view made on Sassy to other things, so nobody is innocent here, which is just old feuds spilling over fromt he past.
The thing is I am very much at odds with the abrahamic religions, and have been so even when they were not here and nobody ever complaied about me being highly critical of Islam and Zack posts here and is Muslim. So the view of claiming about Christianity is not really justified because again you have to understand people will be critical of religions.

Fair enough that it is unfair to take the piss on one fo their devotional threads, that I get, but again it works both ways if they attempt to mock on a thread started.

Lets leave it at that and move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 15, 2015 8:57 am

I was going to say something about the buttons. I actually think moderators can jump in too soon and end up stifling what can eventually turn into a productive exchange of ideas -- I've learned this through bitter experience, but we have had threads where people fought until they were too tired to go on, and ended up having to resort to civility Smile It's a thing of beauty.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 8:59 am

May

Matthew 8:13

…as you have believed, so let it be done for you…
You may have heard some people say, “How can I believe it when I don’t see it? If I can only see it or feel it, I may just believe that something is happening!”
The woman with the issue of blood who came to Jesus could have felt the same way. For 12 long years, she had gone from one doctor to another, trying every conceivable cure they could offer. She not only grew worse, but ended up losing all her money to those doctors and their “cures”.
Then, something happened to her when “she heard about Jesus”. (Mark 5:27) She started believing that He could and would heal her to the extent that she said, “If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well.” (Mark 5:28) Acting on her belief, she made her way to Jesus and touched His garment. Immediately, her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was healed of that affliction. Jesus, her true physician, also pronounced her healed.
Beloved, God wants you to know that when you believe Him, you will see your miracle. What you believe Him for, you will receive.

When a church member lost her wallet at a swimming pool, she prayed together with her husband, declaring their belief that God would restore the loss. One day later, not at the swimming pool but at her feet in the car, she found her wallet! She simply believed that God would restore her loss and she saw the restoration.
In another case, a lady who had skin cancer wore long sleeves all the time to conceal her condition from others. During one of our church camps, she went forward for prayer, believing God for her healing. After one of our pastors, Pastor Henry, prayed for her, she went back to her room, rolled up her sleeves and saw that all the cancerous scarring on her arms had disappeared! Her doctor later confirmed that she had been cured of skin cancer. She believed God for healing and saw it.
The world says, “Unless I can see it or feel it, I will not believe it.” But God says, “If you will believe it, you will feel it. Indeed, if you will believe it, you will see it!”

Thought For The Day

If you will believe it, you will feel it and see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 9:13 am

well just want to say this , we haven't jumped in on other devotional threads and posted bad language or mocked any on theme, in fact some of the quotes i said i liked and so did HF .

Raggs and eddie thank you for the support we appreciate it .

as for the profile pic of didge i just think its sad and childish that he needs to make a point and i feel sorry for him and think he has made himself look silly .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 15, 2015 9:21 am

Suffering is only supposed to strengthen Christians' faith and bring them joy:

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." - James 1
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 9:22 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:well just want to say this , we haven't jumped in on other devotional threads and posted bad language or mocked any on theme, in fact some of the quotes i said i liked and so did HF .

as for the profile pic of didge i just think its sad and childish that he needs to make a point and i feel sorry for him and think he has made himself look silly .

Its not sad in anyway Dibs, Christianity has portayed Lucifer badly in association with the devil, and has gone off zoroastrians beliefs, which they plagerized. In the time of Jesus these beliefs had been incorrportated in Judaism in regards to a devil type Character. When you read about satan in the bible it is not somebody at war with God, but very much debating with and even having bets with God, where you then have to beg the question why God is making any bets, is that not pride?

Anyway if you read the early myths about Lucifer it has nothing to do with evil, this was invented by Christians to make the character of Lucifer evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:well just want to say this , we haven't jumped in on other devotional threads and posted bad language or mocked any on theme, in fact some of the quotes i said i liked and so did HF .

Yes, Didge's new name and avatar is quite clearly a dig at you and Christians generally.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 15, 2015 10:50 am

it is quite a nice avatar though
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 15, 2015 10:55 am

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 3 Jesus-christ-Picture-quotes-
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 11:19 am

Its not unpleasant i agree , it doesn't offend me at all its just a picture .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 11:25 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

got Ben here bullying now

You call that bullying?

Maybe cattying? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 11:47 am

I think it's great that didge has actually embraced bible teaching Praise the Lord.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 11:49 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, Didge's new name and avatar is quite clearly a dig at you and Christians generally.

Yup because that is the measure of the man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 11:56 am

Nems wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Its a direct challenge to the myths made within Christianity

As to this clear intent to continue fights here, may I suggest you just look in the mirror if a confrontation is what you are looking for.

On that I wish you luck, my money's on the reflection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 11:57 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:I think it's great that didge has actually embraced bible teaching Praise the Lord.. Smile

Picknett's depth and range of knowledge is impressive... readers will encounter a thick, interesting and alternative view of an intriguing topic.’ Publishers Weekly 

The sequel to Mary Magdalene: Christianity's Hidden Goddess, The Secret History of Lucifer (2005) traces the literal demonisation of the Great Goddess, once the consort of none other than Yahweh in one of her manifestations. As the patriarchal religions took hold, the ancient goddesses became hated and feared as demons that sucked the life from men, embodiments of all that is hellish.

Myths about the fall of Lucifer - once so intimately associated with the Morning/Evening Star, or Venus - permeated the thinking of medieval churchmen who were fanatically, even insanely, determined to root out what they perceived as female evil in the witchcraft hysteria.

A misogynist rout, the witch hunts also undermined the whole of society, for the ruthless undermining of the Feminine also impinges on society as a whole. And if there were few genuine witches at the beginning of the massacres, by the end there must have been many more - for even Hell and Satan himself could be no worse than the depredations of the Church.

A wonderful daily devotional to set up Christians for the day, god bless you.. - Page 3 Lucifer-diana-web
The goddess Diana, whose title was Lucifera, the Lightbringer

Yet also underlying the Lucifer myth is the implicit psychopathy of Yahweh, a god so jealous and incapable of self control, so lacking in maturity that he could accept no challenge, and wreaked havoc on those who stood up to him. Is Lucifer the evil one - or Yahweh?

Lucifer, the 'Light-Bearer', the bright Morning Star - and not the hateful embodiment of evil, Satan - represents the eternally questing, challenging and evolving mind of humanity, the spirit of progress and equality. Gradually, as the Church began to lose its grip in the aptly named Age of Enlightenment, came the rise of science and esoteric groups such as the Freemasons (in the 18th century the two were inextricably entwined).

Freedom brings its own challenges, and a darker side emerged with the many quasi-satanic groups who enjoyed the thrills of black masses behind the lace curtains of suburbia. However, the 20th-century founder of the Church of Satan, Anton laVey, viewed the Christian Church in a markedly Luciferan way - although his practices were too strong for many tastes and his showmanship too brash.
Altogether more profound was occultist Aleister Crowley - also an exhibitionist given to outrageous acts - whose philosophy of 'Every man and Woman is a Star' arguably provides would-be Luciferans with the rules.
But as we enter a new millennium, the hard-won freedoms are being eroded in the west, and the bright light of Lucifer is being eclipsed...

LONG LIVE LUCIFER - BUT TO HELL WITH SATAN

http://www.picknettprince.com/books/secrethistoryoflucifer/lucifer.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 12:01 pm

Lucifer Angel of Light wrote:
Nems wrote:

As to this clear intent to continue fights here, may I suggest you just look in the mirror if a confrontation is what you are looking for.

My apologies, can you now change it to an anti Islam one and challenge some of their myths?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 12:01 pm

the Hebrew word helel is translated "Lucifer." He was cast out of heaven for his sin of pride and his desire to be God. Jesus referred to seeing Satan being cast out of heaven. Therefore, we can conclude that Lucifer and Satan are one and the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 12:05 pm

Nems wrote:

My apologies, can you now change it to an anti Islam one and challenge some of their myths?

I constantly do, or do you miss all the threads I post on this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:the Hebrew word helel is translated "Lucifer." He was cast out of heaven for his sin of pride and his desire to be God. Jesus referred to seeing Satan being cast out of heaven. Therefore, we can conclude that Lucifer and Satan are one and the same.

It is a Christian invention, as if you read Judaism, the fallen angels, espcially in the book of Enoch, there names of the 200 fallen are all listed, of which none are Lucifer, but claimed that Azazel is Lucifer, again Christians (and Muslims also) later trying to make a connection to something which has no connection to anicent myths.

Two hundred of the ‘fallen angels’ descended from the heavenly realm on to the summit of Mount Hermon and they were so smitten by the beauty of human women that, using their new material bodies, they had sex with them. This further incurred Yahweh’s wrath and, according to the Bible, the consequence of this miscegenation between the Fallen Ones and mortals led to the creation of half-angelic, half-human offspring (Genesis 6:4).

These children were called the Nefelim or Nephilim and they were the giant race that once inhabited Old Earth. The fallen angels taught their wives and children a variety of new technological skills, magical knowledge and occult wisdom. This suggests that psychic abilities and magical powers were originally an ancient inheritance from the angelic realm given to early humans. In the Luciferian tradition this is known in spiritual and metaphorical terms as the ‘witch blood’, ‘elven blood’ or ‘faery blood’ that is possessed by witches and wizards.

In the Book of Enoch it says that the leader of the fallen angels was called Azazel, and he is often identified with Lucifer (the Lightbringer) or Lumiel (‘the light of God’). He taught men to forge swords and make shields and breastplates (body armour). Azazel also taught them metallurgy and how to mine from the earth and use different metals. To the women he taught the art of making bracelets, ornaments, rings and necklaces from precious metals and stones. He also showed them how to ‘beautify their eyelids’ with kohl and the use of cosmetic tricks to attract and seduce the opposite sex. From these practices Enoch says there came much ‘godlessness’ and men and women committed fornication, were led astray and became corrupt in their ways.

http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles/enoch-the-watchers-the-real-story-of-angels-demons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 12:14 pm

Nems wrote:

I constantly do, or do you miss all the threads I post on this?

Granted I do skip some of yours because they are C&P I haven't seen the anti Muslim avatar though?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next