NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress

+2
Lone Wolf
veya_victaous
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress Empty Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:44 pm

A Texas dad's essay about his 5-year-old daughter's rainbow-striped sundress violating the school dress code has gone viral, but the school district says rules are rules — even for kindergartners.
In a blog post for the Houston Press, titled "The Apparently Immoral Shoulders of My Five-Year-Old Daughter," writer Jef Rouner said he knew he would have to deal with "dress code shaming" eventually, but didn't expect it to happen so soon.
"Five. You get me? She's five. Cut her hair and put her next to a boy with no shirt on and she is fundamentally identical," he wrote.

http://www.today.com/parents/dads-essay-about-5-year-olds-dress-code-shaming-goes-t18266?cid=par-huffpost-gravity

Back to top Go down

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress Empty Re: Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:53 pm

The dress code at the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, where Rouner's daughter is a student, is listed online in the student handbook and says clothing with spaghetti straps is prohibited.

Why don't people just read the rules?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress Empty Re: Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
The dress code at the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, where Rouner's daughter is a student, is listed online in the student handbook and says clothing with spaghetti straps is prohibited.

Why don't people just read the rules?

Some things are over the top and there is also such a thing as being over the top too strict with a 5 year old.

I get his points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:19 pm

I think it's stupid to use his daughter to complain when he clearly didn't read the rules. Fancy putting her picture all over the internet over something like that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:23 pm

That is your opinion.

I think the school is stupid for having a such a policy for 5 year olds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Nemesis wrote:That is your opinion.

I think the school is stupid for having a such a policy for 5 year olds.

Send a letter of complaint to them then.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Why would I?

Its an article where I agree with the father and to talk about the points.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:37 pm

if rules serve no purpose they should be removed.
there is no validity to 'modesty' rules any more so than saying all women have to wear a burqua.
Fundamentally Wrong this sharia supporting school should be punished
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:04 am

veya_victaous wrote:if rules serve no purpose they should be removed.
there is no validity to 'modesty' rules any more so than saying all women have to wear a burqua.

The school obviously feels they do serve a purpose.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:15 am

Agreed it is way over the top for children basically where they are making them as if adult.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

The school is wrong. Nor would your suggestion of a letter be effective...it would be rejoined by a lot of ridiculous arguments that were generated in the 1950's. The best tactic is a lawsuit. Publicity doesn't hurt either.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The school is wrong.  Nor would your suggestion of a letter be effective...it would be rejoined by a lot of ridiculous arguments that were generated in the 1950's.  The best tactic is a lawsuit.  Publicity doesn't hurt either.

A lawsuit?

FFS, people will sue for anything these days. What a fuss over nothing. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The school is wrong.  Nor would your suggestion of a letter be effective...it would be rejoined by a lot of ridiculous arguments that were generated in the 1950's.  The best tactic is a lawsuit.  Publicity doesn't hurt either.

A lawsuit?

FFS, people will sue for anything these days. What a fuss over nothing. Laughing

You're the one in the midst of the argument.  Of course, that's what lawsuits are for.  Weren't you listening in class that day? Rolling Eyes

If you don't like lawsuits, tell those corporations to stop keeping lawyers on retainer.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

A lawsuit?

You're the one in the midst of the argument.  Of course, that's what lawsuits are for.  Weren't you listening in class that day? Rolling Eyes

If you don't like lawsuits, tell those corporations to stop keeping lawyers on retainer.

On what grounds could he sue the school? Because his kid couldn't wear her new dress?

Get real. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

On what grounds could he sue the school? Because his kid couldn't wear her new dress?

Get real.  Razz

Raggs, you certainly are poorly educated.  You act like a princess who didn't need to pay attention to her lessons.

A school district is a government entity.  There are a million different ways to challenge a public entity, under both the State and the Federal Constitutions.  In addition there are statutory provisions.  Don't ask me to construct a legal brief right now...I do it for a living, and I'm on a break.

A public entity has to have reasonable grounds for any action it takes. The US is a government of express provisions, which means everything has to be justified.  If it can't justify their actions, they lose.  Why don't you start there.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Get real.  Razz

Raggs, you certainly are poorly educated.  You act like a princess who didn't need to pay attention to her lessons.

A school district is a government entity.  There are a million different ways to challenge a public entity, under both the State and the Federal Constitutions.  In addition there are statutory provisions.  Don't ask me to construct a legal brief right now...I do it for a living, and I'm on a break.

A public entity has to have reasonable ground for any action they take.  If they don't, they lose.

We didn't have lessons at school about which frock to wear - we had other things to learn. If the kid's father can't read the rules, that's his problem.

What kind of moron would go to court to have the right for his kid to wear a stupid dress at school? Just make her wear something else - it's not rocket science. It's not like anyone died or got beaten up - it's about a dress!

Don't you ever feel that your "profession" is a bit ... silly?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:56 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress 3239900740  

AND it seems that the main reason for that rule's very existence is to allow that school a means enabling them to shame and victimise young girls over their clothing choices...

IF that 'independent' school wants to control their student's dress standards so closely, then why don't they have their students wearing school uniforms !?!    Suspect

If the kid got sunburnt, I bet her dad would be the first to moan about the school not "protecting" her.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

A public entity has to have reasonable ground for any action they take.  If they don't, they lose.

We didn't have lessons at school about which frock to wear - we had other things to learn. If the kid's father can't read the rules, that's his problem.

What kind of moron would go to court to have the right for his kid to wear a stupid dress at school? Just make her wear something else - it's not rocket science. It's not like anyone died or got beaten up - it's about a dress!

Raggs, my profession is an extension of my government.  We are the richest, most powerful nation on earth, and you are a citizen of a tiny little spit of land off the coast of Europe that thinks it is governed by a family of long-necked Germans wearing gaudy jewels.  Do I feel silly?  What do you think?

Perhaps the father in this Texas case wants to teach his daughter that, no matter the significance, she can assert any right that is hers, and not have to cower as you would.  Ask yourself, why does Britain has so many diminutive personalities?  Why do you allow your freedom of speech to be trampled?  Why don't you put some teeth in your criminal laws?  Could it be that Britain, as a whole, is afraid of standing up anymore?

The world wonders.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Raggs, my profession is an extension of my government.  We are the richest, most powerful nation on earth, and you are a citizen of a tiny little spit of land off the coast of Europe that thinks it is governed by a family of long-necked Germans wearing gaudy jewels.  Do I feel silly?  What do you think?

Perhaps the father in this Texas case wants to teach his daughter that, no matter the significance, she can assert any right that is hers, and not have to cower as you would.  Ask yourself, why does Britain has so many diminutive personalities?  Why do you allow your freedom of speech to be trampled?  Why don't you put some teeth in your criminal laws?  Could it be that Britain, as a whole, is afraid of standing up anymore?

The world wonders.

You support someone going to court over a frock, which makes you a bit silly IMO. Razz

Stop being so anti-British - it's bigoted, and you're just envious anyway.

Any normal person would have thought - oh dear, I didn't read the school policy properly - my fault. They would not make a huge fuss, and put the "story" all over the internet, complete with a photo of the little darling. FFS, don't people have anything better to do than try and get attention for the sake of a frock?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The world wonders.

You support someone going to court over a frock, which makes you a bit silly IMO. Razz

It is not bigoted to criticize a political entity, not only for its policies but for its personal quirks.  Incidentally, I also have a doctorate in the History of British Political Thought, and I think I've earned the right to speak on the subject.  As for the Texas father, haven't you ever heard of 'principle'?  Or is that too loud for your diminutive little ears.

Raggamuffin wrote:Any normal person would have thought - oh dear, I didn't read the school policy properly - my fault. They would not make a huge fuss, and put the "story" all over the internet, complete with a photo of the little darling. FFS, don't people have anything better to do than try and get attention for the sake of a frock?

Any normal, cowering person.  If you want to be the person who changes things, you don't hunker down and follow the sheep along the trail.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It is not bigoted to criticize a political entity, not only for its policies but for its personal quirks.  As for the Texas father, haven't you ever heard of 'principle'?  Or is that too loud for your diminutive little soul.

Raggamuffin wrote:Any normal person would have thought - oh dear, I didn't read the school policy properly - my fault. They would not make a huge fuss, and put the "story" all over the internet, complete with a photo of the little darling. FFS, don't people have anything better to do than try and get attention for the sake of a frock?

Any normal, cowering person.  If you want to be the person who changes things, you don't hunker down and follow the sheep along the trail.

The Texan father should perhaps decide on principle that it's best to read things before you sign them - things like school handbooks. I hope he teaches the kid to read things properly rather than pander to her own frock code.

Why do you think that being part of a "rich" nation makes you a better person? Do you measure worth in terms of money?

I'm beginning to wonder if you're all there ... Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It is not bigoted to criticize a political entity, not only for its policies but for its personal quirks.  As for the Texas father, haven't you ever heard of 'principle'?  Or is that too loud for your diminutive little soul.

The Texan father should perhaps decide on principle that it's best to read things before you sign them - things like school handbooks. I hope he teaches the kid to read things properly rather than pander to her own frock code.

Why do you think that being part of a "rich" nation makes you a better person? Do you measure worth in terms of money?

Well, I don't have to wonder about you, princess. You are the victim of a stilted education.

Rich and powerful go hand in hand. So do rich and successful. The point is that my culture is successful and preeminent today, and yours unfortunately has fallen a bit behind. Not that Britain doesn't have a lot of great and rare qualities, but the wimp factor just gets in the way too much these days.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well, I don't have to wonder about you, princess.  You are the victim of a stilted education.

Rich and powerful go hand in hand.  So do rich and successful.  The point is that my culture is successful and preeminent today, and yours unfortunately has fallen a bit behind.  Not that Britain doesn't have a lot of great and rare qualities, but the wimp factor just gets in the way too much these days.

You think that British education should include lessons on how to break rules and wear a multicoloured dress with spaghetti straps whenever one wants to? They might waste time on that kind of thing in the US, but we have more important things to learn about in the UK.

I always said that the Americans on here were anti-British, and you've confirmed that I'm right about at least one of you.

You're also barking mad ... lol!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, I don't have to wonder about you, princess.  You are the victim of a stilted education.

Rich and powerful go hand in hand.  So do rich and successful.  The point is that my culture is successful and preeminent today, and yours unfortunately has fallen a bit behind.  Not that Britain doesn't have a lot of great and rare qualities, but the wimp factor just gets in the way too much these days.

You think that British education should include lessons on how to break rules and wear a multicoloured dress with spaghetti straps whenever one wants to? They might waste time on that kind of thing in the US, but we have more important things to learn about in the UK.

I always said that the Americans on here were anti-British, and you've confirmed that I'm right about at least one of you.

I think that British education ought to be about relevant things, and the way you are going it will slip into the gutter.  The Texas father is just doing his job.  It is you who are all up in arms.

I am not at all anti-British.  You are just too sensitive a princess.  I have a doctorate in history of British political thought, and that frees me to make fair comment on the trends in ideology in Britain.  Do I think you have lost a lot of your character and will?  Yes.  Do I think it's too late?  No.

Most Americans don't see the point of all the frivolity.  Get yourself a fookin' aircraft carrier and go to work, for crissake.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think that British education ought to be about relevant things, and the way you are going it will slip into the gutter.  The Texas father is just doing his job.  It is you who are all up in arms.

I am not at all anti-British.  You are just too sensitive a princess.  I have a doctorate in history of British political thought, and that frees me to make fair comment on the trends in ideology in Britain.  Do I think you have lost a lot of your character and will?  Yes.  Do I think it's too late?  No.

Most Americans don't see the point of all the frivolity.  Get yourself a fookin' aircraft carrier and go to work, for crissake.

His job is to not read the school rules and buy his daughter frocks? What kind of country are you living in?

I don't think you have a doctorate, and I don't think you're a lawyer - you don't seem to know anything about the law for a start.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 01, 2015 7:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

His job is to not read the school rules and buy his daughter frocks? What kind of country are you living in?

It's called a participatory democracy.

Participatory democracy is a process emphasizing the broad participation of constituents in the direction and operation of political systems. Etymological roots of democracy (Greek demos and kratos) imply that the people are in power and thus that all democracies are participatory.

I shudder to think how your parents raised you, but I'm sure you didn't get the kind of support this father gives his daughter.  Read the rules...that's all you can say.  Follow the herd.  Be another sheep. God awwmighty, you were trained to be a flower centerpiece.

In America we own the state and we make the rules.  Must be dull for you, reading all those rules.

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think you have a doctorate, and I don't think you're a lawyer - you don't seem to know anything about the law for a start.

Why the fook do I care what you think?  It is what it is, and your opinion contributes nothing.  It's just another empirical claim for which you have no proof.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2015 7:34 pm

Rules are for challenging and breaking. When I went to school girls were not allowed to do woodwork, metalwork or technical drawing. We set about changing it and make the Head's life hell. Although i had to do a 3 yr course in one, I got my technical drawing. And I can confirm you are a lawyer can't I Quill lol Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 01, 2015 8:30 pm

The debate is over whether this is inappropriate:

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress HOU_ART_04222015_RainbowDress_JefRouner

I.E., did the school have the right to make this 5-year-old feel as though she had done something wrong.

So are spaghetti straps obscene? If not, why can't people wear them?

Does the school have the right to set nonsensical rules? Should it be OK to punish kids for having pencils less than 5 inches long, and blame the parents because they didn't read the fine print?

Rules are supposed to make sense. And schools are supposed to answer to the parents of the students who attend them, not act as petty tyrants who must be obeyed without question.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2015 8:36 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:The debate is over whether this is inappropriate:

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress HOU_ART_04222015_RainbowDress_JefRouner

I.E., did the school have the right to make this 5-year-old feel as though she had done something wrong.

Does the school have the right to set nonsensical rules? Should it be OK to punish kids for having pencils less than 5 inches long, and blame the parents because they didn't read the fine print?

Rules are supposed to make sense. And schools are supposed to answer to the parents of the students who attend them, not act as petty tyrants who must be obeyed without question.

+1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Fine words of wisdom there and well and truly deserving of a thanks.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 02, 2015 6:09 am

risingsun wrote:And I can confirm you are a lawyer can't I Quill lol Wink

Yes you can, and thank you sassy. For Raggs: Sass has viewed my membership on the California State Bar site and my doctoral dissertation on the Rutgers University site, both of which are public records.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 04, 2015 2:54 am

Dad blasts school for 'dress code shaming' his 5-year-old daughter over this dress 3GuM4KO
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 8:33 am

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's called a participatory democracy.

Participatory democracy is a process emphasizing the broad participation of constituents in the direction and operation of political systems. Etymological roots of democracy (Greek demos and kratos) imply that the people are in power and thus that all democracies are participatory.

I shudder to think how your parents raised you, but I'm sure you didn't get the kind of support this father gives his daughter.  Read the rules...that's all you can say.  Follow the herd.  Be another sheep.  God awwmighty, you were trained to be a flower centerpiece.

In America we own the state and we make the rules.  Must be dull for you, reading all those rules.

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think you have a doctorate, and I don't think you're a lawyer - you don't seem to know anything about the law for a start.

Why the fook do I care what you think?  It is what it is, and your opinion contributes nothing.  It's just another empirical claim for which you have no proof.

You're out of line with that post moron - don't get personal about my parents.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 04, 2015 8:39 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I think it's stupid to use his daughter to complain when he clearly didn't read the rules. Fancy putting her picture all over the internet over something like that.

I agree. And I also think he wanted to make an article and a bit of a name for himself too.
I really hate it when parents bitch and moan about school rules; if you don't like them, don't send your kid there! Simple!

He seems to be an attention-seeking wannabe and has shamefully used his daughter for a bit of fame.
Stupid twat.

Last edited by eddie on Mon May 04, 2015 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 8:51 am

The debate is also about why this man went on the internet and complained. If you read the article, you'll see that he didn't complain to the school.

It's also about signing documents you don't agree with. The time to challenge rules is when you read them, not after you've signed them.

It might be partly to do with sunburn. We have issues in the UK with children getting sunburnt at school, and guess who gets the blame? Yeah, the teachers.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 8:52 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I think it's stupid to use his daughter to complain when he clearly didn't read the rules. Fancy putting her picture all over the internet over something like that.

I agree. And I also think he wanted to make an article and a bit of a me for himself too.
I really hate it when parents bitch and moan about school rules; if you don't like them, don't send your kid there! Simple!

He seems to be an attention-seeking wannabe and has shamefully used his daughter for a bit of fame.
Stupid twat.

Yes, and to think that Quill has criticised my parents ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 8:54 am

eddie wrote:

I agree. And I also think he wanted to make an article and a bit of a me for himself too.

Stupid twat.

So parents are not allowed to complain about things a school does?
That is not how it works in the real world and there is such a thing where rules can be over the top where this is such a case, where the school is basically sexualizing the child because of what she is wearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 04, 2015 9:05 am

Quill I think you're an intelligent guy but you do slag off Britain and think you're rather superior by the things you state. Some might say you're anti-British.
Now Im sure you don't want that label seeing as how "fair" you claim to be?

As for the dress, no I don't think it's inappropriate but the school,obviously do!

What some of you don't seem to realise is this:
Some forms of dress aren't appropriate for school - perhaps those types of dresses get caught a lot in school playground equipment? Perhaps they prefer girls to wear clothes that are easier to climb/run in?
Perhaps they dint want her getting a sunburn on her shoulders? Perhaps boys that age (and indeed girls) tend to pull up girls dresses for fun?

You have all immediately jumped at the school and what you fail to see are that these are the schools RULES!!!!

I would never ever encourage my kids to flout school rules!!?? What are you teaching a child if you encourage them to break rules?

By all means, as a parent, question them in the head principles office, or via the school governing board, but don't make a massive deal and get your child involved in your petty little wars.
Don't sign "I agree" to a set of rules then set about moaning about them.

Set a good example to your children about following rules or guess what? They grow up thinking they can challenge a boss over every little thing and we end up with a spoilt generation who think the world owes them a favour.

Choose your battles or you just end up looking like a whining nut job who just can't settle down to basic living.
Read the rules before you sign. It's simple.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 9:10 am

The point is why is the school claiming it is inappropriate for a 5 year old.
So the question is valid to the school why they are being over the top.
If the rules are bad or wrong then they should be challenged, as schools are not beyond criticism.
So what if the school had a policy to separate boys and girls Eddie.
Are you saying that these rules should not be broken or challenged?
Outdated policies which this school clearly has should be challenged

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 04, 2015 9:26 am

Nemesis wrote:The point is why is the school claiming it is inappropriate for a 5 year old.
If the rules are bad or wrong then they should be challenged, as schools are not beyond criticism.

Please didge read my post. You have a habit of asking questions I've already covered the answers to.

As to separating boys and girls....nothing wrong with that!
If a parent chooses a school that does exactly that and then moans....??
Well I'm sure you see the stupidity of that?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 9:28 am

eddie wrote:
Nemesis wrote:The point is why is the school claiming it is inappropriate for a 5 year old.

Please didge read my post. You have a habit of asking questions I've already covered the answers to.

As to separating boys and girls....nothing wrong with that!
If a parent chooses a school that does exactly that and then moans....??
Well I'm sure you see the stupidity of that?

I did read your post, perhaps you need to understand some schools think they are a law unto themselves.

Sorry did you just say separating boys and girls is okay

That is 100% utterly wrong in a mixed school, of which has been found to have occurred in some British Muslims schools, and you say that is okay now?
So you back religious segregation then?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 04, 2015 9:35 am

Zzzzzzzzz....

I went to an all-girls school and I am not a Muslim.

My brothers went to an all-boys school they aren't Muslims either.

Both those schools are still churning out normal individuals who aren't damaged in any way, to this day.

How did the word Muslim come into this debate?

An all-girls school is what was chosen for me, and by me, and I'm okay! Look!

I really fail to see where your point is going didge?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 04, 2015 9:37 am

Oh, and my cousins boy went to a private mixed school and for the first year (might've been two?) they serrated the boys and girls.

Guess what she didn't do????
Moan and bitch!
Guess why?
Because it was the schools policy!

Just imagine that. Someone reading the school rules and policies and then not moaning!
Wow.

Ps. He didn't become Muslim, wish to be a Muslim or even look like a Muslim when he left Rolling Eyes

Last edited by eddie on Mon May 04, 2015 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 9:38 am

This is from another article:

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/texas-dad-challenges-school-dress-code-labeling-sexist/story?id=30704598

Rouner admitted that he read the district's student handbook in the beginning of the year, which states the following: "Students are not to wear clothing that is tight, loose, sagging, baggy, revealing, spaghetti-strap, backless, low-cut or short."

So the guy had actually read the rules and ignored them anyway. He's even claiming that the rules are sexist.

You'll see that there is a bit of a mixture there - loose, sagging, and baggy clothes are also not permitted. I doubt that's because of the "sexualisation" of children.

There's nothing wrong with asking why these things are against the rules, but to splash it all over the internet is just idiotic.

Dress codes are very common. Little girls join things like the Brownies, and yes, they have a uniform - ie, a dress code.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 9:38 am

eddie wrote:Zzzzzzzzz....

Both those schools are still churning out normal individuals who aren't damaged in any way, to this day.

Whoop dee do, which misses the points being made.
If a school is mixed it should not be separating children on religious grounds. You then come back into defense of this with boy or girl only schools of which I also think are wrong, being as I went to one
For one children learn best how to understand each other growing up in a mixed school which not attending one denies them of this, so I am not for single sex schools either
Learn to see what points are being made, because it is clear you are missing the point.
No school is beyond criticism, and this school has an over the top dress code policy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 04, 2015 9:42 am

Nemesis wrote:
eddie wrote:Zzzzzzzzz....

If a school is mixed it should not be separating children on religious grounds. You then come back into defense of this with boy or girl only schools of which I also think are wrong, being as I went to one
For one children learn best how to understand each other growing up in a mixed school which not attending one denies them of this, so I am not for single sex schools either
Learn to see what points are being made, because it is clear you are missing the point.
No school is beyond criticism, and this school has an over the top dress code policy

Well then, in that case you wouldn't have been stupid enough to send your children to a single-sex school and then go about moaning about it being single-sex school then, would you??? Rolling Eyes

That's why we have choices. We read then rules and policies and make our decisions.

You know. Just like when people moan about the rules on her and YOU tell them, rightly so, don't post here then!!

Come on didge stop arguing about something you believe in yourself!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 9:46 am

eddie wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Well then, in that case you wouldn't have been stupid enough to send your children to a single-sex school and then go about moaning about it being single-sex school then, would you???  Rolling Eyes

That's why we have choices. We read then rules and policies and make our decisions.

You know. Just like when people moan about the rules on her and YOU tell them, rightly so, don't post here then!!

Come on didge stop arguing about something you believe in yourself!

OMG, are you being deliberately stupid for the sake of being stupid here Eddie?
The point is more on a mixed school separating sexes.
Has this point sunk in yet?
That means the school is going beyond the laws of the land, where are you then saying a parent has no right to complain in this instance?
Are you saying the school can then do as it pleases?
Some rules are made to be broken, and thank goodness they have been because once upon a time it was a rule to segregate black people, discriminate against homosexuals and women.
So some rules clearly need to be challenged because they are ethically wrong

Now do you understand?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 04, 2015 9:49 am

The point is that the parent hasn't complained to the school, he's written a blog about it without even checking what actually happened.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 9:50 am

Raggamuffin wrote:The point is that the parent hasn't complained to the school, he's written a blog about it without even checking what actually happened.

So your beef is he writes a blog which many people do to moan about a school policy

Big deal, he has every right to do so and I back him in his views here because the school is being way over the top

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next