NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White supremacist has African Heritage, finds out on live TV

3 posters

Go down

White supremacist has African Heritage, finds out on live TV Empty White supremacist has African Heritage, finds out on live TV

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:10 am

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/white-supremacist-finds-out-hes-part-african-on-the-trisha-show/story-fnixwvgh-1226758081011

Mouthy white supremacist Craig Cobb was left in denial when a DNA test for The Trisha Show found he was of sub-Saharan heritage.

"Wait a minute! Wait a minute!" he cried when the UK show's host, Trisha Goddard, told him he was 86 per cent European heritage and 14 per cent African.

Cobb recently tried to turn Leith, North Dakota, into a 'whites only' village but the revelation may mean he's not welcome anymore.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

White supremacist has African Heritage, finds out on live TV Empty Re: White supremacist has African Heritage, finds out on live TV

Post by Lurker Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:24 am

There is no such thing as a "white race." Every single human on earth is a mixture of everybody. Why can't the morons understand that. LOL
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

White supremacist has African Heritage, finds out on live TV Empty Re: White supremacist has African Heritage, finds out on live TV

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:05 am

what about the Japanese?

they are more white than Europeans.
Europeans are more clear skinned as the get paler.

I'm quite fair and have tried this with Japnese people. If I look at my arm you can see the viens and muslce tissue below the skin just a little bit and that gives the skin and over all pinkish appearance excpet near viens were it is blueish, neither is really the same colour as a sheet of paper.
My Japanese friends skin is white you can see the shape of viens but no blue tint, similarly with the flesh it lacks the pinkish tones found in Euorpeans.

if you say there is no white race (White is bad term should be European, personally i would split this furhter into Nordic, Germanic and Mediterrian at the least) then there is no black race either (also bad term should be Sub-saharn African) I have no problem suggesting people are different races but I dont understand why some people are so concerned about people that are from another race. they are still people they just have a different genetic/cultural heritage
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 am

I think everybody has a little DNA of everybody else in the world.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 pm

The human genome itself originated in Africa!

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:46 pm

yeah but if you go far enough back it all came from the ocean, at some point you got to say well it is now a regional variation of a spieces so at least subsets of the same spieces.

I know there are implications racists would like to overplay when this is applied to humans, but I consider humans to be animals, so I apply the same logic.

In Australia we have varieties of sheep and cows that we say are unique to Australia beause we bred then here and that exact set of traits is not seen elsewhere. None of these breds have been here more than 230 years, so if we accept them as being different subset of spieces then, Asian and Europeans etc that have been out of Africa for at least 10,000 years should also count as sub sets of a spieces.

Even Amoung the native spieces we have eastern brown snakes, central brown snakes, western brown snakes, they are pretty much the same snake but they do look slightly different depending on the region they come from, pretty much same story with humans we look sligthly different depending on the region we come from.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:54 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_islands_by_first_human_settlement

Actually make that about 40,000 years ago
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Yeah, but the real question is, can they interbreed? If your Ozzie sheep and cattle can interbreed with those from anywhere else, they're not really different species. Much like human beings, as obviously people from all corners of the globe hook up and have babies all the time Embarassed 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Not different Species never said that. Sub set of a species. Yes all those Brown snakes can interbreed; they still get their own name.

Plus that logic doesn't work... it did, until someone went and bred a Liger. 2 species that are definitely different, yet successfully interbred.

Plus evidence now suggests Europeans have Neanderthal DNA, Which Africans would never have. So If Europeans are actually a crossbreed then fair to say they don’t actually come out of Africa.

I believe that human colonisation is non-linear there is plenty of evidence to suggest many Human populations got wiped out at least once.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Well, it depends on your definition of "species" in the first place. Biologists like to say a species is any group of organisms which can interbreed and produce fertile offspring, so it's a bit broader than many lay definitions.

From what I can tell, ligers may be fertile but often are not, and also considering the very different mating habits of lions and tigers, they are generally considered separate species based on that. But that certainly doesn't apply to different "races" of human beings, as "race" is a human construct with no scientific significance.

Finally, it's true that Europeans have small amounts of Neanderthal DNA, but Neanderthals originated in Africa as well, and their genome only varied from Homo sapiens by a third of one percent, which is only twice the variability found within H. sapiens.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Neanderthals never existed in Africa. To argue that all species that evoled from homo erectus are African is hugely flawed.

If you really want to play that game
we all come from Morocco, or we all come from the ocean (worms, we are all worms) at what point do you want to call it? Evolution a process so you can never give a hard and fast date that an species came to be, Neanderthals are a genetically isolated group of Homo Erectus that were specifically isolated in Europe. they were isolated for long enough to develop unique physical charateristics. In any species (including our own) we would give them a new name and say they were different.  It is only that not enough time has passed and technology stopped the isolation that has prevented Homo sapien evolving into different species based on geographic isolation.

The first primates may have evolved during the last part of the Paleocene Epoch . These were members of the genus Altiatlasius . Their bones have been found in 60,000,000 year old geological deposits in Morocco, but they probably lived in other areas at this time as well. They looked different from the primates today. They were still somewhat squirrel-like in size and appearance, but apparently they had grasping hands and feet that were increasingly more efficient in manipulating objects and climbing trees. It is likely that they were developing effective stereoscopic vision.
http://anthro.palomar.edu/earlyprimates/first_primates.htm
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:01 am

Lurker wrote:I think everybody has a little DNA of everybody else in the world.

yep In fact All species with red blood share a fair chunk of DNA, in case your wondering Worms have red blood, we(as in Mammals, Reptiles, Fish, Birds etc) all evolved from them.

we actaully share 98% of our DNA with rats.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_percentage_of_DNA_do_humans_share_with_rats#slide2
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:15 am

Neanderthals never existed in Africa.
Um, did too! From my source: "Like humans, Neanderthals originated in Africa but migrated to Eurasia long before humans did."

And really, like you say, it all comes down to where you draw lines -- species aren't as unitary as we tend to think of them, existing on a gradient when you look at the history of evolution. But Africa is the original home of everything we call great apes and their most recent ancestors.

For that matter, Morocco is in Africa!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:19 am

yep In fact All species with red blood share a fair chunk of DNA, in case your wondering Worms have red blood, we(as in Mammals, Reptiles, Fish, Birds etc) all evolved from them.

we actaully share 98% of our DNA with rats.
And about 60 percent of our DNA with banana trees!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:01 am

that live science page is missing something I was always taught since High school about Human evolution. Home Erectus left Africa and colonised all of Eurasia, the Ones left in Africa evolved to become Homo Sapiens (Us),  the ones that made it to the Frozen lands of Europe Adapted to that Enviroment and became Neanderthals.

I dont 'like' that article because Neanderthals are Humans, so that quote does not actually make sense. Humans are Hominds, there has been dozens of varients. Homo Erectus was the Colonizer and our forefather, Neanderthals are our sibling as Erectus is their forefather too. we have a lot of shared DNA because we both came from the same species. Australopithecus is the Forefather of All Humans/Homonids inculding Erectus.

But on that page it does say
Researchers of the Neanderthal Genome Projectfound that 2.5 percent of an average non-African human’s genome is made up of Neanderthal DNA. The average modern African has no Neanderthal DNA....'
.....the similar genomes of humans and Neanderthals could be the result of both groups having a common African ancestor.
So that actuallty Matches What Science teachers have always taught me. the African Ancestor is Homo Erectus.

My understanding is more inline with this
http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo/homo_1.htm
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:18 am

I didn't quite like the "just like humans" part either -- I would consider Neanderthals human. But at the end of the day, every great ape from us to chimps to Neanderthals to H. erectus came from Africa or had ancestors from there -- it just doesn't make sense for great apes to evolve from different areas. I would also point out that in high school they taught me Pluto was a planet Razz

Also, I think the reason for modern Africans' lack of Neanderthal DNA is that Neanderthals emigrated out of Africa before the migrations of H. sapiens, so there were few if any opportunities for interbreeding for the H. sapiens who never migrated.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:23 am

At any rate, we've veered far off-topic as far as a dumbass finding out that he's part "race he hates." But I did want to share this as well:

Give it a look when you've got a spare 45 minutes, it's well worth it. It's the closest I have to a Bible Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:20 pm

Advantage of going to one of the better schools in Australia, We were told about the debate about whether Pluto was a planet, But when I was in school it still was . I don’t think the direction the conversation has taken is a problem, it sort of shows how far we have come, once people would have argued if 'races' were the same, we are arguing about the Anthropological linage of our species and both of our lines of argument stop just short of calling the great apes humans.
Quite a big leap in the way 'we' not only view other humans but other life forms in general.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:34 pm

True, and you can actually make a rather compelling, if not complete, argument for the humanity of chimps, who:

* Mourn their dead
* Use medicinal herbs and pass knowledge of them through generations
* Care for their weak, elderly and sick
* Adopt orphaned children, sometimes from other tribes
* Leave trail markers for other individuals to follow
* Use tools for gathering food and for defense, and even make sex toys
* Shake their heads "no" at babies engaging in unwanted behavior
* Open their hands palms-up to ask for something
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down