NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rednecks dress up as Klansmen lynching Obama for Halloween, post photo to Facebook

2 posters

Go down

Rednecks dress up as Klansmen lynching Obama for Halloween, post photo to Facebook Empty Rednecks dress up as Klansmen lynching Obama for Halloween, post photo to Facebook

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Rednecks dress up as Klansmen lynching Obama for Halloween, post photo to Facebook Coughenour-4

The latest in totally irresponsible, totally racist Halloween costumes has come to light in Hyndman, Pennsylvania, where this photo of Pennsylvania men dressing up as the Ku Klux Klan and lynching President Barack Obama was posted on Facebook.

Shared with the Baltimore Sun by (redacted) HERE, this picture sparked instant debate about the “racism” of the gesture, because some people felt that others should see the humour of a bunch of men dressing up like the KKK and pretending to lynch President Obama, America’s first and current black president.
http://www.classwarfareexists.com/pa-men-dress-up-as-kkk-lynching-president-obama-at-hillbilly-haven
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Rednecks dress up as Klansmen lynching Obama for Halloween, post photo to Facebook Empty Re: Rednecks dress up as Klansmen lynching Obama for Halloween, post photo to Facebook

Post by veya_victaous Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:04 pm

I think it highly depends on the Spirit of the costume.

Are they dressing like their heros or are the dressing with humour/contempt towards KKK?

I mean it's halloween so I dont think the people dressed as Zombies are actually Zombies, or pro Zombie rights. And the KKK is just as ridiculous. I mean If they are Really redneck Clansmen (must admit the robes look pretty authentic) then they aren't really in costume are they. scratch confused confused 

Is Pennsylvania a redneck state?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Rednecks dress up as Klansmen lynching Obama for Halloween, post photo to Facebook Empty Re: Rednecks dress up as Klansmen lynching Obama for Halloween, post photo to Facebook

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:46 am

From the background I could gather on these guys, they're pretty serious about doing stuff like this and then claiming "I ain't no damn racist." Sure ... you want to express your dislike for Obama and you decide a depiction of a race-motivated murder is the best way.

It's funny -- we have this phenomenon in the U.S. where almost every city is mostly progressive while rural areas are mostly conservative. Here's a map of the U.S. South, which is usually depicted as total Republican-land. But if you look at all the blue dots, they represent counties that contain large pro-Democrat cities:

Rednecks dress up as Klansmen lynching Obama for Halloween, post photo to Facebook 1671268-inline-2-8182119174-38a8811c6f-o

Here's how Pennsylvania went in 2012. Just by looking at this map, you might be tempted to think it's majority Republican and that Romney won it:

Rednecks dress up as Klansmen lynching Obama for Halloween, post photo to Facebook 360px-Pennsylvania_presidential_election_results_2012.svg

But actually, Obama won by more than 5 percentage points, because those relatively few blue areas actually contain the majority of the state's population. The totals were Obama 2,990,274, Romney 2,680,434. While that's closer than a state like, say, New York:

Rednecks dress up as Klansmen lynching Obama for Halloween, post photo to Facebook 440px-2012_Presidential_Election%E2%80%94Margins_NY.svg

... where Obama won by a 63 percent to 35 percent margin, you can still see large areas that are majority Republican but which obviously don't have the population size to tilt the election. (Also, since that map is oriented top=north, you can see that even in a coastal state like New York, the coast is more liberal than the inland areas.)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Very interesting Map

I actually think that phenonom is pretty common, it is similar here.
I think it is part caused be exposure simply living in a major city exposes you to a greater variety of races and lifestyles and you learn that everyone is not much different at the end of the day.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down